Harry Potter 24pc Pocket Pop! Advent Calendar

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
keyese

Re: Harry Potter 24pc Pocket Pop! Advent Calendar

Postby keyese » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:50 pm

Unless one of the exclusives is a Buckbeak, I'll probably stick with one set or the other lol
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

neonglow

Postby neonglow » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:07 pm

Looks like there will be another variant of the HP Advent Calendar. Target is also getting one with at least 1 exclusive character.

This makes 3 versions of this calendar so far.

sambunctious10

Postby sambunctious10 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:35 pm

I have to get this, but the exclusives are making me a little worried, because I really don't want a ton of dupes.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:11 pm

Reserved this and Hedwig at my GS
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

neonglow

Postby neonglow » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:48 pm

sambunctious10 wrote:I have to get this, but the exclusives are making me a little worried, because I really don't want a ton of dupes.

I have them preordered on Amazon and Gamestop. Depending on what the exclusives are, I'll likely just cancel one of the orders. No one enjoys dupes.

wuvvy

Postby wuvvy » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:53 am

I was a little disappointed that this years advent calendar was Harry Potter but I guess it just means I am saving money instead of spending it.

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:27 pm

neonglow wrote:Looks like there will be another variant of the HP Advent Calendar. Target is also getting one with at least 1 exclusive character.

This makes 3 versions of this calendar so far.

This is getting a little ridiculous. I'm hoping they will announce the variants soon so we can choose which one has the best set for us. Maybe Target will at least price match with Gamestop.

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:43 am

Well I just saw an unboxing video of the common set and I’m pretty sure I know who the 3 common exclusives are... :(
It’s me Lynda

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:25 pm

Popfanatics wrote:Well I just saw an unboxing video of the common set and I’m pretty sure I know who the 3 common exclusives are... :(

Which ones do you think? I saw a video from a dude in Australia but I wasn't sure which were the 3. I'm trying to figure out which set has the best 3 so I don't have to buy multiple calendars lol
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

neonglow

Postby neonglow » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:29 am

I'll probably go with the cheapest one. GS is currently the cheapest at the moment.

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:51 am

Going over to preorder this tomorrow (hopefully!), can't wait! Was going to find the unboxing videos, but decided I didn't want to see them all before December. That being said - REALLY can't wait until December!! This'll make the whole month wonderful!
Image ImageImage Image

Nachotastic

Postby Nachotastic » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:30 am

I love this advent calendar. But I think these mini figures 1 are just a bit too small for me and I also am not a Harry Potter Pop! Collector.
Image Dont be salty and keep it Funko :P :freddy3:

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:21 am

kihou wrote:
Popfanatics wrote:Well I just saw an unboxing video of the common set and I’m pretty sure I know who the 3 common exclusives are... :(

Which ones do you think? I saw a video from a dude in Australia but I wasn't sure which were the 3. I'm trying to figure out which set has the best 3 so I don't have to buy multiple calendars lol

Why would you ruin an advent calendar. I know people like spoilers of monthly boxes. But this is literally the point of an advent calendar to be surprised each day. To get a small gift each day.

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:40 am

hailmary25 wrote:
kihou wrote:

Why would you ruin an advent calendar. I know people like spoilers of monthly boxes. But this is literally the point of an advent calendar to be surprised each day. To get a small gift each day.

I'm terrible with surprises, and I would want to make an informed decision before spending $120+ on 3 different sets of minis for which has exclusives that I would be interested in.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:59 am

bakivali wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
kihou wrote:Which ones do you think? I saw a video from a dude in Australia but I wasn't sure which were the 3. I'm trying to figure out which set has the best 3 so I don't have to buy multiple calendars lol

I'm terrible with surprises, and I would want to make an informed decision before spending $120+ on 3 different sets of minis for which has exclusives that I would be interested in.

Which other place has an exclusive besides GS?

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:02 am

hailmary25 wrote:
bakivali wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Someone had posted that Target may as well.

WendyF

Postby WendyF » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:46 am

I think these might also be multiple exclusives. I just preordered from my local Gamestop theirs. I hope that is a mistake as how many advent calendars does one household need, just to get all the figures?

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:46 am

bakivali wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
bakivali wrote:I'm terrible with surprises, and I would want to make an informed decision before spending $120+ on 3 different sets of minis for which has exclusives that I would be interested in.

Ughhhh I am sure someone will sell them somewhere

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:58 am

hailmary25 wrote:
bakivali wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Yeah, but at a certain point it might be cheaper/easier to buy an extra calendar and try to trade/sell the extras you get, since most times ebay prices for the exclusives are close or exceed the price of buying a whole calendar yourself :(

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:53 pm

bakivali wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
bakivali wrote:Someone had posted that Target may as well.

Yeah, but at a certain point it might be cheaper/easier to buy an extra calendar and try to trade/sell the extras you get, since most times ebay prices for the exclusives are close or exceed the price of buying a whole calendar yourself :(

Especially if it is target ugh. Fun calendar turnign to pain in the but. Guess I will just have fun with ones i get and just try to find deals. not buying three calendars.

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:36 pm

bakivali wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
kihou wrote:Which ones do you think? I saw a video from a dude in Australia but I wasn't sure which were the 3. I'm trying to figure out which set has the best 3 so I don't have to buy multiple calendars lol

Yeah, mainly I wanted to see which characters were in each so I can best decide which set I like. I will try not to spoil any for those who want a surprise!
ISO Mystery Minis!

Hashtaghappysteph

Postby Hashtaghappysteph » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:21 pm

APOPCALYPSE wrote:Image

Looks like we’re getting a Harry Potter Themed Advent Calender this year. \:D/ So excited!

Wow, seriously can NOT wait for these!!!!

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:07 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
bakivali wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

I could never wait that long lol but still I am careful not to spoil it for others lol
It’s me Lynda

TigerLily1276

Postby TigerLily1276 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:42 am

hailmary25 wrote:Reserved this and Hedwig at my GS

Just did this the other night and for 3 HP Rock Candy for $6
ImageImage Image ImageImage

cptuff1969

Postby cptuff1969 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:47 am

Want this for sure
Image Image[/quote]

yokofox33

Postby yokofox33 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:25 am

My local GS has it in-stock, but I don't know if it's a reserved one or not. Won't let me reserve it online. Going to check when they open later.
Main Collections: Star Wars (Pops, Minis, Dorbz), Harry Potter (Pops & Minis), DBZ, Sailor Moon, Stranger Things (Pops, Dorbz), various animation/TV sets

FunkyNtvTxn17

Postby FunkyNtvTxn17 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:36 am

Picked my pre-ordered one up from GS last night and it is taking everything I have (as well as a girlfriend, who is uninterested in Funko, forcing me) not to open every single one. I mean, come on! Releasing a full month before you can open the first one?! It's just sitting there...taunting me...
ImageImageImage

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:30 pm

Still having a really hard time deciding whether I want this or not.
Will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo releases Mother 3?

Funk0Fairy

Postby Funk0Fairy » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:31 pm

Just picked my pre-ordered one up at GS. I thought the GS one was supposed to be a GS exclusive version, but it doesn't say that anywhere on the packaging... Either way it's ok with me. $20 cheaper than other places I saw.

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:21 pm

Funk0Fairy wrote:Just picked my pre-ordered one up at GS. I thought the GS one was supposed to be a GS exclusive version, but it doesn't say that anywhere on the packaging... Either way it's ok with me. $20 cheaper than other places I saw.

I received mine from GameStop as well. Mine came in the shipper box that it was shipped to GameStop in (which was in a larger box to protect it). On the outside of the shipper it has the description of “Advent Calendar: Harry Potter - 24 pcs (GS)”. That is the only indication that it is an exclusive.

And likewise I am holding back from opening it as I want to enjoy it during the holiday season. I absolutely love Christmas and Harry Potterso this was a great release for me. But like everyone else I really wish they had not made exclusive versions. I would like to have all of the characters but don’t want to buy multiple calendars. Granted I can save the others and open them other years lol.

yokofox33

Postby yokofox33 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:08 pm

Picking up my GS calendar today. Ordered the Target one online. I'll probably open the GS one immediately to identify the exclusive figures. Will wait on the Target one to make absolutely sure the GS one is an exclusive one.
Main Collections: Star Wars (Pops, Minis, Dorbz), Harry Potter (Pops & Minis), DBZ, Sailor Moon, Stranger Things (Pops, Dorbz), various animation/TV sets

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:53 pm

Avengers74 wrote:
Funk0Fairy wrote:Just picked my pre-ordered one up at GS. I thought the GS one was supposed to be a GS exclusive version, but it doesn't say that anywhere on the packaging... Either way it's ok with me. $20 cheaper than other places I saw.

I received mine from GameStop as well. Mine came in the shipper box that it was shipped to GameStop in (which was in a larger box to protect it). On the outside of the shipper it has the description of “Advent Calendar: Harry Potter - 24 pcs (GS)”. That is the only indication that it is an exclusive.

And likewise I am holding back from opening it as I want to enjoy it during the holiday season. I absolutely love Christmas and Harry Potterso this was a great release for me. But like everyone else I really wish they had not made exclusive versions. I would like to have all of the characters but don’t want to buy multiple calendars. Granted I can save the others and open them other years lol.

Maybe the non-exclusive calendars will be available after the holidays, on clearance? Worth a shot, right?

I broke down and bought 2 - one GS, one Target. I figure I'll take out the 3 characters I didn't get from one, fill those spots with other HP stuff, and give it to the kid as a present next year. She'll never know the difference..!
Image ImageImage Image

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:11 am

DO not spoil yourselves people it is an Advent calendar meant to be open one day at a time.

bug86

Postby bug86 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:09 pm

FunkyNtvTxn17 wrote:Picked my pre-ordered one up from GS last night and it is taking everything I have (as well as a girlfriend, who is uninterested in Funko, forcing me) not to open every single one. I mean, come on! Releasing a full month before you can open the first one?! It's just sitting there...taunting me...

Yep and this is why I have my hiding in my office where I won't see it every day lol
Live,Laugh and Funko. :freddy3:

Hey it's Ashley.

@backgotback on twitter and @alizpt on IG.

FunkoFern

Postby FunkoFern » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:14 pm

hailmary25 wrote:DO not spoil yourselves people it is an Advent calendar meant to be open one day at a time.

Easier said than done! LOL

bspears82

Postby bspears82 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:33 am

Saw a pic where someone found it at target. I hope mine gets them.

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:50 am

bspears82 wrote:Saw a pic where someone found it at target. I hope mine gets them.

It should be soon - I think Target is getting all their holiday stuff in now so keep an eye out :) With the remodels there's so many places to put it, haha.
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:59 am

bug86 wrote:
FunkyNtvTxn17 wrote:Picked my pre-ordered one up from GS last night and it is taking everything I have (as well as a girlfriend, who is uninterested in Funko, forcing me) not to open every single one. I mean, come on! Releasing a full month before you can open the first one?! It's just sitting there...taunting me...

Yep and this is why I have my hiding in my office where I won't see it every day lol

I really should go hide mine LOL It's sitting on the table just staring at me.
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:52 am

FunkoFern wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:DO not spoil yourselves people it is an Advent calendar meant to be open one day at a time.

Easier said than done! LOL

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:29 pm

It looks like the calendar is on sale on Gamestop's website! I didn't get to preorder one, and now I'm debating if I want to drive 45 min to pick one up where it says they have them in stock.
ISO Mystery Minis!

Return to “Blind Bags”