Thundercats & Horror figs Teased - NYTF

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
BillyLouis

Re: Thundercats & Horror figs Teased - NYTF

Postby BillyLouis » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:31 am

I absolutely despise the Horror Savage World figures but love the Hell out of the Thundercats ones. I think I need to buy them, hopefully, my GameStop gets them like the Mortal Kombat figures.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

Coqui79

Postby Coqui79 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:44 pm

Boymom4 wrote:I'm going to have to track down the Thundercats for my hubby and the horror figs they announced for my son. Anyone have any idea when these are scheduled to release?

They are up for pre-order in Gamestop and Ent Earth. I believe they are set to release in November.
IG Coqui.79

A Journey of a Father and Sons

:freddy2:

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:00 pm

Coqui79 wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:I'm going to have to track down the Thundercats for my hubby and the horror figs they announced for my son. Anyone have any idea when these are scheduled to release?

They are up for pre-order in Gamestop and Ent Earth. I believe they are set to release in November.

Thank you :) I'll stop by my local gamestop and check it out

Wario007

Postby Wario007 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:54 pm

Need them thundercats!!!!

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:14 pm

I just picked up the Jason and Freddy this morning from my gamestop. I still need to locate the others and unfortunately I haven't see the thundercats figs anywhere

bspears82

Postby bspears82 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:12 am

Did these ever get made?

Cobrala Commander

Postby Cobrala Commander » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:46 pm

They’re supposed to roll out over the next week. Amazon got their stock and is sold out.

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:54 pm

I found Lion-o at GameStop in San Antonio while attending the Alamo City Comic Con! What a great way to end a truly epic weekend. They had the whole wave and the figures looked really good. Lion-o holds the Sword of Omens with a sure grip and his gauntlet fits snug and secure. His arms have some restrictions in upward movement due to the sculpt, but I am not complaining. The paint apps on all figures available was flawless. I cannot wait for Wave Two and I hope there will be further waves past that. Now I just want to know, “Where is Conan the Barbarian “?

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:59 pm

Has anyone else seen these in stores?

Cobrala Commander

Postby Cobrala Commander » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:23 pm

I have at all of my local Gamestops.

Word of caution: a huge percentage of people have issues with Panthro’s legs snapping off at the post without the ball joint detatching. The plastic tolerance was bad for the post the ball joint was attached to.

I have heard GameStop’s inventory came from an initial production run and the second production run (which other stores are stocking) will fix this. Which is why everyone besides GameStop has had delays in everything BUT Slythe.

That said, Lion-O and Mumm-Ra seem like safe purchases if you find them. Their issue is the legs (safely) detatching at the ball joint A LOT. But that’s not likely to cause much damage except over a very long time. You just reattach them. It mainly just sucks for MOC collectors as the legs can fall off in packaging if enough force is experienced in shipping.

Cobrala Commander

Postby Cobrala Commander » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:27 pm

Oh! And the reason for this all is that Funko used different ball joint tooling for TCats than they used for Savage World Horror, Mortal Kombat, and Zorn.

The new tooling is not as good but it’s likely they didn’t discover this until the shipment came in.

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:32 pm

Thanks for the info!! I really appreciate it.. gonna have to check GameStop!

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:06 pm

It’s true that the legs ball joint isn’t like the other Savage World figures releases prior. I have Lion-o and Panthro now and find they are not as smoothly poseable as the earlier figures. I haven’t had issue with the legs popping off but I haven’t really pressed my luck either. I wish they would have left well enough alone and stuck with what was already working.

bspears82

Postby bspears82 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:35 am

Sad they used different ball joints on these :(

Return to “Action Figures”