Harry Potter 24pc Pocket Pop! Advent Calendar

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
FunkoFern

Re: Harry Potter 24pc Pocket Pop! Advent Calendar

Postby FunkoFern » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:09 pm

kihou wrote:It looks like the calendar is on sale on Gamestop's website! I didn't get to preorder one, and now I'm debating if I want to drive 45 min to pick one up where it says they have them in stock.

Oh good to know. I pre-ordered one from my local Pop store, however I'd wanna get the Gamestop one if its actually exclusive (though I have yet to see confirmation that there is a difference between the ones sold at Gamestop and the ones sold elsewhere).

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:42 pm

Anybody preorder from GS and not get a call yet. Still waiting on mine.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:54 pm

Just checked online says it is at my store yet no call :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

Yassiefay4

Postby Yassiefay4 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:52 pm

Do they come out today? Question is Target also getting exclusive ones like GS?

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:01 pm

Yassiefay4 wrote:Do they come out today? Question is Target also getting exclusive ones like GS?

People have seen them at Target, but there was no marking that they have exclusives, so it's hard to tell without someone being brave enough to do an unboxing lol
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:17 am

bug86 wrote:
FunkyNtvTxn17 wrote:Picked my pre-ordered one up from GS last night and it is taking everything I have (as well as a girlfriend, who is uninterested in Funko, forcing me) not to open every single one. I mean, come on! Releasing a full month before you can open the first one?! It's just sitting there...taunting me...

Yep and this is why I have my hiding in my office where I won't see it every day lol

LOL - mine got delivered today, and I'm leaving it in the sealed shipping box to avoid temptation!
Image ImageImage Image

TigerLily1276

Postby TigerLily1276 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:53 am

Picked my pre-order up at GameStop last week. Can’t wait to start opening
ImageImage Image ImageImage

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:28 pm

So has anyone just opened them all yet? Haha

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:49 pm

RBlue30 wrote:So has anyone just opened them all yet? Haha

LOL - I've buried mine on the dining room table so I can't get to it immediately! I want to open it so badly though!! Willpower...I have willpower, darnit! (No, I don't, but it's seriously buried).

So where has everyone been buying their calendars from? I've seen them for purchase at GS, B&N, Target and Amazon. And is everyone staying strong and buying 1, or did you get sucked in for the 3 GS exclusives and buy 2 of the calendars?
Image ImageImage Image

neonglow

Postby neonglow » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:54 pm

I hope GS restocks. I had missed my chance of picking it up from there.

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:38 am

RBlue30 wrote:So has anyone just opened them all yet? Haha

Yep! I peeked, but slid the tray back in so my little ones can still open the little doors each morning.
It’s me Lynda

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:51 am

neonglow wrote:I hope GS restocks. I had missed my chance of picking it up from there.

Same, though I heard from our local one it's not looking good :(

Suntower11

Postby Suntower11 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:55 pm

Hopefully I can pick this up for my Nieces!
They just went to Universal Studios and are obsessed with Harry Potter!
Sarah the Tangled collector!
ISO any Tangled Prototypes!
Follow Me on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/ssuntower11/

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:56 pm

Need to call my GS and see what is up, they better not have sold my preorder with out calling me.

mactds

Postby mactds » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:58 pm

It's so interesting the potential exclusives at Gamestop and Target, I don't know which one to pick up!
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

Bathilda_Bagshot

Postby Bathilda_Bagshot » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:03 pm

mactds wrote:It's so interesting the potential exclusives at Gamestop and Target, I don't know which one to pick up!

If cost is an issue try Gamestop, I got mine for $15 less ($40) then I've seen others say it's costing at Target ($55).

neonglow

Postby neonglow » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:50 pm

mactds wrote:It's so interesting the potential exclusives at Gamestop and Target, I don't know which one to pick up!

I think Target is getting the regular version. There's not a sticker like there is with the Gamestop one.

Mjacob78

Postby Mjacob78 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:53 pm

Yassiefay4 wrote:Do they come out today? Question is Target also getting exclusive ones like GS?

I saw in a sneek peek of the holiday Funkos coming to Target and an Exclusive HP advent calendar was one of the items
Gotta love those pops :freddy2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

rtb1980

Postby rtb1980 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:13 pm

This is currently on sale on GameStop's website for $31.99, too bad it's unavailable. However, the GameStop exclusive is currently available on ThinkGeek.com for $40. I was able to buy one for myself, yay!! ;)

If you look at the picture of the common set on HotTopic, Lord Voldemort is not one of the 24 figures. When you read the product specifications on ThinkGeek it says,

"Includes 3 figures only available at ThinkGeek / GameStop
We'll just call those the Figures-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, shall we?"

So I wonder if at least one of the exclusive figures is Lord Voldemort?

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:45 pm

Mjacob78 wrote:

I saw in a sneek peek of the holiday Funkos coming to Target and an Exclusive HP advent calendar was one of the items

No, argh!! ](*,) ](*,) I already bought the Target one. At least it's sitting unopened, and returnable if I manage to snag an exclusive one online. Thanks for mentioning this, it might've driven me nuts after the fact!
Image ImageImage Image

rtb1980

Postby rtb1980 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:49 am

rtb1980 wrote:This is currently on sale on GameStop's website for $31.99, too bad it's unavailable. However, the GameStop exclusive is currently available on ThinkGeek.com for $40. I was able to buy one for myself, yay!! ;)

If you look at the picture of the common set on HotTopic, Lord Voldemort is not one of the 24 figures. When you read the product specifications on ThinkGeek it says,

"Includes 3 figures only available at ThinkGeek / GameStop
We'll just call those the Figures-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, shall we?"

So I wonder if at least one of the exclusive figures is Lord Voldemort?

Well, ThinkGeek sure sold out quickly, I checked last night and it was already out of stock. Luckily mine should be delivered Saturday!! :)

I hope Target get's more as I really one the "common" set as well. lol

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:11 am

well my GS screwed me. I guess I should have checked sooner. But even with a presorder in the system and no call to tell me it was in they decided to sell it. His reasoning "sorry no one looked for preorder and it was a hot item with people begging for it" But hey you can have your money back.

Well F you thanks for making me pay secondary prices but hey got my $5 dollars back.

Never going back to that GS again. I will drive the 10 min down the road to other one.

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:28 pm

hailmary25 wrote:well my GS screwed me. I guess I should have checked sooner. But even with a presorder in the system and no call to tell me it was in they decided to sell it. His reasoning "sorry no one looked for preorder and it was a hot item with people begging for it" But hey you can have your money back.

Well F you thanks for making me pay secondary prices but hey got my $5 dollars back.

Never going back to that GS again. I will drive the 10 min down the road to other one.

I've had bad luck with preorders from GS too :( In fact, I have never gotten a call for a preorder, I always just hear that it's starting to come out and check the site or go in and ask if I have the time. Sorry they did that :(
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:24 pm

I was fortunate enough to find one at my EBgames today and they had 20% off with the Edge card so bonus! Apparently they weren't going to get any but a lady pre-ordered 3 then came in the other day and cancelled them. Thank you pre-order lady!
I be Chris

rtb1980

Postby rtb1980 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:39 am

Target.com just restocked these, and I was able to get one @ 25% off w/ free shipping! ;)

There were 10 remaining when I first saw the restock and now, about 6 minutes later there are only 4

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:24 pm

I had pre-ordered one at GameStop but also ordered one on Amazon. I will probably open the Amazon one and save the GameStop one for next year. I wish they had not done store exclusives with these. Knowing what the exclusives would be would help in making the decision of what one to get/open but with not knowing it has me on the fence. Also I have yet to hear if anyone has caved and opened a Target one yet to see if they have an exclusive as well.

ericj

Postby ericj » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:57 am

I still can't figure out what the difference is...it's a little frustrating.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:46 pm

hailmary25 wrote:well my GS screwed me. I guess I should have checked sooner. But even with a presorder in the system and no call to tell me it was in they decided to sell it. His reasoning "sorry no one looked for preorder and it was a hot item with people begging for it" But hey you can have your money back.

I had this problem once with Gamestop too, around the holidays as well. I think it is because they tend to get temporary workers that are not as diligent or careful about things like pre-orders getting to the right person. Sorry that happened to you.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:07 pm

That's really terrible of them to do that! Doesn't seem like most GS got a lot of the advent calendars, so why on earth wouldn't they look to check if it was preorder? Getting your money back doesn't help you with getting the actual product! Thank goodness there's another GS you can do to so you can avoid these cretins. Have you been able to find a calendar in the meantime??

I actually drive to the 4th closest GS to me, and avoid the other 3 - they're alright, but the employees at the 4th are just so much nicer! It's worth the longer drive for me.
Image ImageImage Image

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:26 pm

Katers wrote:

That's really terrible of them to do that! Doesn't seem like most GS got a lot of the advent calendars, so why on earth wouldn't they look to check if it was preorder? Getting your money back doesn't help you with getting the actual product! Thank goodness there's another GS you can do to so you can avoid these cretins. Have you been able to find a calendar in the meantime??

I actually drive to the 4th closest GS to me, and avoid the other 3 - they're alright, but the employees at the 4th are just so much nicer! It's worth the longer drive for me.

Was able to find one at HT. They said someone returned it. Tough is that's still $15 more than gamestop.

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:53 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Was able to find one at HT. They said someone returned it. Tough is that's still $15 more than gamestop.

Well, on the one hand, thank goodness some crazy person returned a calendar! On the other hand -$15 more? Darnit, that's a pop somewhere down the line! Grrrr on your behalf!
Image ImageImage Image

bspears82

Postby bspears82 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:25 am

Still need to track one of these down.

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:55 am

bspears82 wrote:Still need to track one of these down.

I have seen a bunch at my local HT, it's $55 so pretty steep unless you have a $15 dollar off $50 code which brings the price to what GS is selling theirs for. This question has probably been asked, but are their exclusive versions of the calendar or is it exactly the same? Saw people post pics from GS but didn't notice an exclusive sticker on it.

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:09 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:
bspears82 wrote:Still need to track one of these down.

I have seen a bunch at my local HT, it's $55 so pretty steep unless you have a $15 dollar off $50 code which brings the price to what GS is selling theirs for. This question has probably been asked, but are their exclusive versions of the calendar or is it exactly the same? Saw people post pics from GS but didn't notice an exclusive sticker on it.

Marking as spoilers for those who haven't opened:
Spoiler: show
It sounds like the differences are that the Nearly Headless Ned and Moaning Myrtle ones glow, and that you get Voldermort instead of Lupin
ISO Mystery Minis!

GuruGuy128

Postby GuruGuy128 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:01 am

My First one was Gryffindor Harry Potter anyone else?
Guru Guy: The Disney and Subscription Box Guru

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:22 am

GuruGuy128 wrote:My First one was Gryffindor Harry Potter anyone else?

Yep! He's so cute! Can't wait for the rest of this set, it's going to be so much fun to open!

Measured day 1 against some PSH just for comparison's sake, mostly because I had them right at hand. I would love to understand the reasoning behind the size choice here...would've loved HP PSH! But still very happy with it, and looking forward to day 2!
Image ImageImage Image

GuruGuy128

Postby GuruGuy128 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:35 am

It looks like Day 2 is a Thestral

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:41 pm

Yup Thestral was 2nd in mine too

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:17 am

RobinBear177 wrote:Yup Thestral was 2nd in mine too

Grrr, day 2 got spoiled for me because I was on instagram before I opened it! Lesson learned - gotta keep the secrets! Will open the day, then check the internet and social media!
Image ImageImage Image

GuruGuy128

Postby GuruGuy128 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:50 am

Day 3 is Luna Lovegood

Return to “Blind Bags”