2018 Bay Area Christmas Bash! (Fugitive Toys & Funko)

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
TenTwoSix

Re: 2018 Bay Area Christmas Bash! (Fugitive Toys & Funko)

Postby TenTwoSix » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:40 am

Paid! Excited to meet new funko friends!
Hi, I'm Jerry!

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:41 am

Wish I was near San Fran!

LovesTheSnow76

Postby LovesTheSnow76 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:59 am

I wish I was there. Fugitive Toys knows how to throw a party! I haven't been to one myself, yet, but hear great things. Can't wait until I can attend one of their events.

kappait

Postby kappait » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:02 am

Any word on the public sale? Would love to snag one more ticket.
ImageImage

Do or do not there is no try
Yoda '80

:SW9:
Funklub# 7225
Fundays: 2017, 2018

fugitivetoys
Hall of Fame Class of 2018

Postby fugitivetoys » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:49 am

Just a friendly reminder that today @ 5PM PST is the final chance to make payment for those who have signed up. Public tickets will be available early next week.

We also have received a lot of email with the same question. To make it 100% crystal clear, each person will NOT receive a prototype for this party. We will donate a few prototypes from our own collection and use them as giveaways and prizes. Funko has GENEROUSLY donated prototypes in the past and should NOT be expected. This is NOT what this party is about. This is small gathering of friends with one common goal, having fun.

If this turns you off, then please email me and we will cancel your ticket and issue you a complete refund.

gxwhyelle

Postby gxwhyelle » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:11 pm

I can’t find any of my ugly sweaters! So excited to see everybody omg i need to find my notebook oh this will be fun
grace / @gracexyl - IG

LF color protos: TWS & AOU Capt America, AOU Thor & always & forever: Original Loki :love4:

bryoon

Postby bryoon » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:55 pm

I'm crossing my finger for the public sales!

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:59 pm

gxwhyelle wrote:I can’t find any of my ugly sweaters! So excited to see everybody omg i need to find my notebook oh this will be fun

Is it an unspoken rule to go in an ugly sweater? :freddy1: That'd be fun but I need to know to prepare hahaha
Jenny
For more fun on IG: @harrypopter

Harry Potter. Disney villains.

Fundays 2017 :freddy1:

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:01 pm

Also, good luck to everyone trying for the public sales! Hope everyone can make it somehow
Jenny

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:14 pm

HarryPOPter wrote:
gxwhyelle wrote:I can’t find any of my ugly sweaters! So excited to see everybody omg i need to find my notebook oh this will be fun

Is it an unspoken rule to go in an ugly sweater? :freddy1: That'd be fun but I need to know to prepare hahaha

Fugitive asked us to! "Show us your holiday spirit and break out those ugly sweaters!"

I'll wear mine for sure :)
Hi, I'm Jerry!

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:15 pm

bryoon wrote:I'm crossing my finger for the public sales!

Good luck, hope you can join us!
Hi, I'm Jerry!

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:17 pm

TenTwoSix wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:

Fugitive asked us to! "Show us your holiday spirit and break out those ugly sweaters!"

I'll wear mine for sure :)

Ahhh, I missed that. Was too excited for the other news in the announcement.
Jenny

KILLERANTZ

Postby KILLERANTZ » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:26 pm

Cant wait for this Party 1st fugitive party :freddy1: :freddy1:

saban

Postby saban » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:12 pm

gxwhyelle wrote:
saban wrote:
gxwhyelle wrote:OH MY GOD I will actually be in town that weekend! I know the list is cut off for now but if it opens up again lmk please I would love to meet up with everybody. Thanks so much!!

I'll bring a conspicuously large bag and sneak you in. ;-)

HAHA did you want to sneak me in so bad that you posted this twice?? lol i might fit in the Funko's pop bags! I can't wait hang out w yall again! had so much fun at sdcc w you guys :hug:

Yes!!!
IG: vickyisodd

ditbu13oi

Postby ditbu13oi » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:21 am

fugitivetoys wrote:Just a friendly reminder that today @ 5PM PST is the final chance to make payment for those who have signed up. Public tickets will be available early next week.

We also have received a lot of email with the same question. To make it 100% crystal clear, each person will NOT receive a prototype for this party. We will donate a few prototypes from our own collection and use them as giveaways and prizes. Funko has GENEROUSLY donated prototypes in the past and should NOT be expected. This is NOT what this party is about. This is small gathering of friends with one common goal, having fun.

If this turns you off, then please email me and we will cancel your ticket and issue you a complete refund.

So sad everyone goes to these party for protos or what not. Its great to meet other fanatics around and catch up face to face. Thanks for hosting and hopefully I get into the public sale!

Karebear101083

Postby Karebear101083 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:27 pm

I'm so excited to be going to this event and meeting new funatics!! I went to the bowling event this summer and everyone was so nice!

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:56 pm

fugitivetoys wrote:Just a friendly reminder that today @ 5PM PST is the final chance to make payment for those who have signed up. Public tickets will be available early next week.

Is it possible to get a PM on the hotel/location for the paid attendees so they can book a room there (for those who want and traveling from far away)

Thanks Fugitive Toys/Nelson
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

JenPop

Postby JenPop » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:15 pm

So excited!

fugitivetoys

Postby fugitivetoys » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:52 pm

MrSmileyFace wrote:

Is it possible to get a PM on the hotel/location for the paid attendees so they can book a room there (for those who want and traveling from far away)

It will not be at a hotel. The location is 1 exit South of SFO airport. As soon as the rest of the tickets are sold, we will email everyone the exact location and details. Thanks.

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:27 pm

fugitivetoys wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:

It will not be at a hotel. The location is 1 exit South of SFO airport. As soon as the rest of the tickets are sold, we will email everyone the exact location and details. Thanks.

Thank you for the clarification. Can’t wait for the party
- Ray

ImageImage

9fingerdevil

Postby 9fingerdevil » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:49 pm

cant wait to see everyone their

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:13 pm

fugitivetoys wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:

READY TO PARTY!
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

bryoon

Postby bryoon » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:13 pm

fugitivetoys wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:

I noticed that public tickets will be sold at the Black Friday event. Will that be the only place to purchase tickets?

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:38 pm

bryoon wrote:
fugitivetoys wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:

I noticed that public tickets will be sold at the Black Friday event. Will that be the only place to purchase tickets?

I was wondering that also. I was hoping to get a +1 but didn’t see a link to buy online
- Ray

ImageImage

Ivette408

Postby Ivette408 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:03 pm

So excited, I made it of the waiting list!!!
:mal:

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:20 pm

Ivette408 wrote:So excited, I made it of the waiting list!!!

Congrats! Do you recall what number you were on the WL?
- Ray

ImageImage

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:25 pm

Wanted to go but decided to save some money up as I have bought my 2019 ECCC ticket already. Going to go there for a few days then take a train ride to Oregon to visit a friend for a week and then fly back home. My wife is going to Laughlin with her girlfriends. So I figured it's separate vacation time :freddy3: :freddy3: .

grumpysf23

Postby grumpysf23 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:26 pm

Boo, disappointed I missed out on this pre-sale.

Ivette408

Postby Ivette408 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:18 pm

MrSmileyFace wrote:
Ivette408 wrote:So excited, I made it of the waiting list!!!

Congrats! Do you recall what number you were on the WL?

no I don't recall, but not too far after they close the regular list, and general admission will be soon they post it on ig
:mal:

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:11 pm

I wonder what the furthest someone will be coming from. This hobby is something else.

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:54 am

mmmrice wrote:I wonder what the furthest someone will be coming from. This hobby is something else.

I think is no limit where you come from for something you like. Id all about if your budget can affort it or not. lol

fugitivetoys

Postby fugitivetoys » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:54 pm

Public tickets are now available for purchase. Good luck!

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:47 pm

Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:50 pm

Hope you get the public sales!
Bobby

Image Image Image

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:55 pm

Hope you get the public sales!
Bobby

Image Image Image

bryoon

Postby bryoon » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:43 pm

Just purchased my ticket! So pumped to be able to see everyone there!

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:27 pm

Purchased a +1. Anyone else got a ticket with the public sale?
- Ray

ImageImage

kappait

Postby kappait » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:48 pm

MrSmileyFace wrote:Purchased a +1. Anyone else got a ticket with the public sale?

I snagged an extra too. It was like 10 bucks more than the board ticket after taxes. Not too bad.
ImageImage

Do or do not there is no try
Yoda '80

:SW9:
Funklub# 7225
Fundays: 2017, 2018

gxwhyelle

Postby gxwhyelle » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:16 pm

Lakers wrote:
mmmrice wrote:I wonder what the furthest someone will be coming from. This hobby is something else.

I think is no limit where you come from for something you like. Id all about if your budget can affort it or not. lol

I’m coming from Singapore, do I win?! Everyone high five me. Unless you’re sick cause I’m a germophobe
grace / @gracexyl - IG

LF color protos: TWS & AOU Capt America, AOU Thor & always & forever: Original Loki :love4:

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:02 pm

gxwhyelle wrote:
Lakers wrote:

I’m coming from Singapore, do I win?! Everyone high five me. Unless you’re sick cause I’m a germophobe

Wow that's impressive, are you planning on bringing some pops for possible trades?

Return to “Pop!”