Flocked Fawkes question

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Basiliskrocks

Flocked Fawkes question

Postby Basiliskrocks » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:35 am

Hi all

Could someone please confirm which parts are flocked on Flocked Fawkes?

He is the last one i need to complete my collection and my assumption was that the only non flocked parts were the beak, eyes and feet - But recently someone wanted to trade me a flocked fawkes that didn’t have a flocked yellow chest panel but I assumed this was an error?!

Please could you let me know which parts are flocked on your Fawkes incase it varies?

Thanks!
HP Mystery Minis collector
All series now complete!

allcutethings2

Re: Flocked Fawkes question

Postby allcutethings2 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:15 am

Everything but the beak, eyes, and feet are flocked. It's definitely supposed to be flocked. Is it a custom that someone is trying to sell?
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

Basiliskrocks

Postby Basiliskrocks » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:55 pm

allcutethings2 wrote:Everything but the beak, eyes, and feet are flocked. It's definitely supposed to be flocked. Is it a custom that someone is trying to sell?

Thanks for confirming, that’s what I thought. Someone wanted to trade with me and they seemed to think that the yellow tummy/chest panel wasn’t supposed to be flocked. I didn’t think that was right so I’m guessing it was definitely either a custom or a scraper
All series now complete!

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:31 pm

Basiliskrocks wrote:
allcutethings2 wrote:Everything but the beak, eyes, and feet are flocked. It's definitely supposed to be flocked. Is it a custom that someone is trying to sell?

Thanks for confirming, that’s what I thought. Someone wanted to trade with me and they seemed to think that the yellow tummy/chest panel wasn’t supposed to be flocked. I didn’t think that was right so I’m guessing it was definitely either a custom or a scraper

It is most likely a scrapper. The flocked ones (Fawkes and Crookshanks) have a TON of listings from China where the flocking doesn't look quite right (missing, goes over places it shouldn't be on, the paint looks wrong, etc). I haven't seen a ton of flocked customs, just because I'm not quite sure how easy it is to flock something yourself.

Basiliskrocks

Postby Basiliskrocks » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:47 pm

bakivali wrote:
Basiliskrocks wrote:

It is most likely a scrapper. The flocked ones (Fawkes and Crookshanks) have a TON of listings from China where the flocking doesn't look quite right (missing, goes over places it shouldn't be on, the paint looks wrong, etc). I haven't seen a ton of flocked customs, just because I'm not quite sure how easy it is to flock something yourself.

Thanks, I managed to find a good one on eBay and it arrived today. Finally have all series complete and am ready for series 4! \:D/
All series now complete!

Return to “Blind Bags”