Mickey Mouse Exhibit Pops in NYC!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Boymom4

Re: Mickey Mouse Exhibit Pops in NYC!

Postby Boymom4 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:32 pm

d00dz wrote:I echo the sentiments of other people on here and hope that the other colors will also be released on funko-shop :D

[-o< I'm hoping for the same [-o<

Jeffvela710

Postby Jeffvela710 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:33 am

I wonder if there’s is going to be all of those in funko pop up shop

Tmarie_82

Postby Tmarie_82 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:37 am

These are awesome I love all the different colors

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:21 am

Still feel kind of bad for the folks that waited in line for hours to get their hands on these only to have Funko Shop sell these (though I did not feel bad enough to partake :)). Hoping the value of the different sticker rises to at least give them a "win."
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

Panda

Postby Panda » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:55 am

no point in waiting in the cold for 12+ hours only to be cut by bozos who loop the line again and again in the front this past Saturday release at the store

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:18 am

Panda wrote:no point in waiting in the cold for 12+ hours only to be cut by bozos who loop the line again and again in the front this past Saturday release at the store

I was there...it wasn't nearly as bad as the first release. I think a lot of people were smart enough to point out the guys that were doing it, but I hope you got through...

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:22 am

volsspongebob wrote:Still feel kind of bad for the folks that waited in line for hours to get their hands on these only to have Funko Shop sell these (though I did not feel bad enough to partake :)). Hoping the value of the different sticker rises to at least give them a "win."

Why? You have a better chance actually going that waiting to try and get it on funko shop and it selling out quickly. Honestly the waiting is a test of endurance but if you can convince some friends to come along and know how to pass time the cold is the only issue. Good company makes the time pass better. I'll be at each line provided its not a snow storm lol

Stitch626

Postby Stitch626 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:56 pm

Boymom4 wrote:
d00dz wrote:I echo the sentiments of other people on here and hope that the other colors will also be released on funko-shop :D

[-o< I'm hoping for the same [-o<

Me too! I would love a little Mickey army lol
ImageImage
ImageImage. Image.

ArcturuzOne

Postby ArcturuzOne » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:19 pm

I hope the next Mickey is available at the Funko Shop. Living in SoCal, this is my only chance of getting it at retail.

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:26 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:
Panda wrote:no point in waiting in the cold for 12+ hours only to be cut by bozos who loop the line again and again in the front this past Saturday release at the store

I was there...it wasn't nearly as bad as the first release. I think a lot of people were smart enough to point out the guys that were doing it, but I hope you got through...

I was there again, 2 people cut in front of me when I looked away for 10 seconds... the people in front of me didn't notice either and probably didn't care cause the 2 bozo's cut me and not them lol. Can't lower your guard for even a second, re-sellers will look for any opening. They went to a wristband system, but the security people need to be super vigilant. I wanted to call the people out who cut me, but the dude behind me didn't want me to make a scene. Lol I won't hold back next time, but then again I won't make the same mistake twice.

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:48 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:

I was there again, 2 people cut in front of me when I looked away for 10 seconds... the people in front of me didn't notice either and probably didn't care cause the 2 bozo's cut me and not them lol. Can't lower your guard for even a second, re-sellers will look for any opening. They went to a wristband system, but the security people need to be super vigilant. I wanted to call the people out who cut me, but the dude behind me didn't want me to make a scene. Lol I won't hold back next time, but then again I won't make the same mistake twice.

I've been lining up for stuff for close to a decade, Funko for like 5 years & my first time hearing about this board was in a line for something lol
I make it my business to be friendly to everyone I can and get to things like this early as HELL...I probably know the guys you saw, probably not very well but I am acquainted with a few guys I saw trying to "loop" the line...they are not good dudes and that's part of the reason I show up so early every week. One of them tried to elbow me last time and I had to let em know what time it was...the dude apologized...I wouldn't advise my strategy but don't be afraid to at least speak up. I know a few people video taped them and showed it to security...way further than I'd have gone, but you gotta do something...security isn't going to do much imo...it's a tough scene

roxy

Postby roxy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:57 pm

Need these Mickeys! Hope they all go up in the Funko Shop :)

Annie_May13

Postby Annie_May13 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:15 pm

ArcturuzOne wrote:I hope the next Mickey is available at the Funko Shop. Living in SoCal, this is my only chance of getting it at retail.

Same! I’d totally be waiting in line (or making my fiancé wait lol) but I’m from Texas...like, I’ll pay for it eventually if I cant get it or I miss it but the closer to retail I can get, the better for my wallet. Power to the people waiting though...idk how I could do it in this weather :eek: especially since in my part of Texas, we have a week of winter and the rest of the year is nice or hot as hell
༻❀༺Girly girl from Texas who loves pink༻❀༺

༻♥༺Dream Pops: Studio Ghibli, Cardcaptor Sakura, more Sailor Moon, Rogue, Pokemon, and FruBa༻♥༺

Image Image ImageImage

Carolinamelgoza

Postby Carolinamelgoza » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:27 pm

I just got the small blue one in the mail! Sadly Funko ran out before I could snag them both :(

dtmkyle

Postby dtmkyle » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:33 pm

Add me to the list of praying for another funko shop drop!

FunkoMimi

Postby FunkoMimi » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:41 am

I was lucky enough to get the first released Mickey's from the Funko shop now Im praying they release the others and another prayer that I can successfully purchase them from the shop again lol. Love these color way Mickeys! Anything Disney of course is a must!
:freddy2:

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:24 am

Well Funko Shop didn't release any Mickeys yesterday. I hope that doesn't mean they would no longer release them on their site :(
ImageImageImage Image

DipperDots

Postby DipperDots » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:42 am

d00dz wrote:Well Funko Shop didn't release any Mickeys yesterday. I hope that doesn't mean they would no longer release them on their site :(

Maybe they're holding off for another day for a more "surprise" effect? :mickey2:
Hoi! Nothing to see here, just another Funatic.

Pop!: 128 Pocket Pop!: 11 PEZ: 5 Plush: 2 Wobblers: 2
ISO: Metallic BMO, Patriotic Snoopy, Bill Cipher (Chase)

Most Recent: POP! PEZ Maleficent!

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:18 pm

d00dz wrote:Well Funko Shop didn't release any Mickeys yesterday. I hope that doesn't mean they would no longer release them on their site :(

With the first batch they released the Monday 9 days after the Saturday release at NYC. So there is hope. That would mean next Monday is the same.

:freddy2:
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:28 pm

I'm hoping they release the orange colorway on the shop!
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

War19872002

Postby War19872002 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:49 pm

The blue one was released 2 weeks after so according to last release that means the orange will be released next week

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:27 pm

Oh yeah! I forgot it took 2 weeks before releasing on their site.

Fingers crossed that Monday will be a good surprise for Mickey collectors :)
ImageImageImage Image

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:43 pm

i was lucky for the last release. Had a friend in NY for vacation. had him get one for me

socaliwong

Postby socaliwong » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:12 am

I didn't read the rest of the page, but any reason why the Pink/Purple Mickey right hand is deformed looking? Error? Perhaps if there is a release on the Funko shop it'll be fixed?

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:44 am

socaliwong wrote:I didn't read the rest of the page, but any reason why the Pink/Purple Mickey right hand is deformed looking? Error? Perhaps if there is a release on the Funko shop it'll be fixed?

come to think about it, I never noticed the hands. Good eyes!

Flyers179

Postby Flyers179 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:40 am

sushiguru wrote:
socaliwong wrote:I didn't read the rest of the page, but any reason why the Pink/Purple Mickey right hand is deformed looking? Error? Perhaps if there is a release on the Funko shop it'll be fixed?

I'm afraid to check now, this sort of thing haunts me.

War19872002

Postby War19872002 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:50 pm

d00dz wrote:Oh yeah! I forgot it took 2 weeks before releasing on their site.

Fingers crossed that Monday will be a good surprise for Mickey collectors :)

Not yet but fingers crossed

socaliwong

Postby socaliwong » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:58 pm

NOT MY IMAGE

Flyers179 wrote:
sushiguru wrote:

I'm afraid to check now, this sort of thing haunts me.

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:11 pm

Do yall think they gonna release the purple and blue mickey on the funko shop? I think thats my favorite one.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

socaliwong

Postby socaliwong » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:15 pm

TriFeckTa wrote:Do yall think they gonna release the purple and blue mickey on the funko shop? I think thats my favorite one.

YES, i'm 99% sure.

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:18 pm

socaliwong wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:Do yall think they gonna release the purple and blue mickey on the funko shop? I think thats my favorite one.

YES, i'm 99% sure.

Aight bet
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

dtmkyle

Postby dtmkyle » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:24 pm

Love the colorways for this one lets go funko!

FunkoDanTheMan

Postby FunkoDanTheMan » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:46 am

I was going to go this Saturday, I live a few hours away. Thought it would be a nice chance to check the Christmas decorations with the family. 1st week they sold out of 4" around lunch, this past week much quicker. I know someone that went this past Saturday and I won't take my family due to what they witnessed - these line loopers were intimidating ppl in order to cut the line, fights almost broke out around them. Not anything I want to subject my family to. If they allowed 1 per person it would last through lunch time I'm sure, but they still need to have better line management.

The1one1

Postby The1one1 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:17 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:http://popvinyls.com/2018/11/06/special-funko-mickey-mouse-colorways-available-at-mickey-mouse-exhibit-in-nyc/?fbclid=IwAR2Cvog7PIIo5jsvMb2BLEqQYKAXf_7axBLSQB-7vILU92ZPpb61I1DNN4M

Was the green and blue the only 10” version or did they make all color ways in both sizes?

Aloha! Call me Cliffy!
IG: The1one1

ImageImageImage ImageImage

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:51 pm

i havent heard anyone say there are other large sized mickeys.

The1one1

Postby The1one1 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:44 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:i havent heard anyone say there are other large sized mickeys.

Dang. Would’ve been dope to have that whole squad of colors in the 10” version!
Aloha! Call me Cliffy!
IG: The1one1

ImageImageImage ImageImage

Flyers179

Postby Flyers179 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:46 am

Ugh meant to get up and get in line for this but forgot. Wonder if it's too late to head over...

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:55 am

I feel like Funko usually releases most exclusives in a wide range capacity somehow unless specified it’s an LE to a certain event or show? Nothing said the Mickey’s would be for exhibition only, right?

I’m not normally a Disney collect but the pop art look of these caught my eye!!

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

Flyers179

Postby Flyers179 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:38 pm

PhoenixForce wrote:I feel like Funko usually releases most exclusives in a wide range capacity somehow unless specified it’s an LE to a certain event or show? Nothing said the Mickey’s would be for exhibition only, right?

I’m not normally a Disney collect but the pop art look of these caught my eye!!

They've been releasing them on the Funko Shop a week or two after the NYC release. I would prefer to go and have it in hand to the shop but its cold and wet out so it is discouraging to go sit in a line at 6AM for 2 hours. Gonna try my best at the Funko Shop or resort to ebay, or else I'll be moving like I'm stuck in wet cement the rest of the day from fatigue.

Those who braved out the conditions who aren't flippers (which from the time I went was half the link at least) I wish the best and hope they survived the conditions A-OK. I need to buy myself one of those heated jackets they sell now that connects to a USB battery pack, seems like the best way to handle the wait outside.

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:12 pm

the holiday season will probably affect the previous monday releases with the next one if consistent would be 12/24. but who knows. good luck to everyone trying to get one.

Return to “Pop!”