What Funko POP! would you like to see a re-release of in a different mold/pose?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
PopPChulo

What Funko POP! would you like to see a re-release of in a different mold/pose?

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:36 pm

Hey Funatics!

My question is What Funko POP! would you like to see a re-release of in a different mold/pose?

this crossed my mind after we seen the re-release of the Cereal Ad Icon set with them holding the cereal bowls! There are so many GREAT pre-existing pops that could be re-released.. sound off below and let us all know which one YOU would like to see re-released!
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

PopPChulo

Re: What Funko POP! would you like to see a re-release of in a different mold/pose?

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:00 pm

I definitely want to see base goku in a different pose - not saying the existing pose isn't dope but I really would like his Iconic Fighting stance.

I'm also going to say I would love to get a re-release of Tony The Tiger with a bowl of cereal.
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Re: What Funko POP! would you like to see a re-release of in a different mold/pose?

Postby CaseyJones14 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:04 pm

1. TMNT
2. TMNT
3. TMNT
4. TMNT

:D
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:05 pm

none please <3

bryoon

Postby bryoon » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:32 pm

I would love to see more Naruto Pops. There are so many possibilities for characters like Sasuke.

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:41 pm

I love the Golden girls with more variants!!
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

The1one1

Postby The1one1 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:31 pm

I’d love to see Dr. Doom sitting on his throne. After the Thanos throne release it got me excited for a Doom throne too!
Aloha! Call me Cliffy!
IG: The1one1

ImageImageImage ImageImage

Detolf

Postby Detolf » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:38 pm

The1one1 wrote:I’d love to see Dr. Doom sitting on his throne. After the Thanos throne release it got me excited for a Doom throne too!

I def agree with this. I think the Ghost Rider on the Motorcycle was a great compromise to give new collectors a chance to have the character as a pop without taking away from the original. Dr. Doom is in dire need of a new mold along with classics like Jean Gray or the Thing. Honestly, we are long overdue for an entire fantastic four wave with new Dr. Doom, The Thing, and the rest of the gang.
Detolf
Your Favorite Ikea Shelf

IG: @funko.pop.addict

Classier

Postby Classier » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:43 pm

Wolverine! Funko can do much better nowadays, I want to see them make a new Wolverine, brown suit or tiger-stripe!

The1one1

Postby The1one1 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:36 am

Detolf wrote:
The1one1 wrote:I’d love to see Dr. Doom sitting on his throne. After the Thanos throne release it got me excited for a Doom throne too!

I def agree with this. I think the Ghost Rider on the Motorcycle was a great compromise to give new collectors a chance to have the character as a pop without taking away from the original. Dr. Doom is in dire need of a new mold along with classics like Jean Gray or the Thing. Honestly, we are long overdue for an entire fantastic four wave with new Dr. Doom, The Thing, and the rest of the gang.

I think it’s just a matter of time. It seems that they are beginning to revisit the older pops and bring out some new hotness! I’d love it if they made doom on throne and also made doom-bots. I’d have to invest heavily in a doombot army!
Aloha! Call me Cliffy!

VforVera

Postby VforVera » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:56 am

Thankfully Genie from Aladdin got the re-release and a different mold/pose. That was my number 1.

I'd like to see maybe a re-release of Michael Jackson in his moonwalking pose.

SnackAndJill

Postby SnackAndJill » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:52 am

Jamie or Claire Outlander Pops. I missed them the first go around and have been begging for more to hit the market.

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:19 am

Detolf wrote:

I agree with this and love this idea

RSVHockeyDude

Postby RSVHockeyDude » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:53 am

Maybe Michael Jackson from different videos

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:56 am

For once I agree with you, Dr Doom on a throne would be nice.i have dibs on the proto lol
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

NastySplatter

Postby NastySplatter » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:07 am

Freddy Krueger, the original one isn't up to the standards of more recent pops and there are a ton of variants they could do.

Lexaeus

Postby Lexaeus » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:53 am

I want a New 52 SHAZAM with the hood and glowing eyes like the Infinity War/ Ragnarok Thor.
Image ImageImage

d3postman

Postby d3postman » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:22 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:1. TMNT
2. TMNT
3. TMNT
4. TMNT

:D

I second your number 1 and 3. Heck with 2 and 4 haha

Funko Fundays: 2015, 2019, 2021

SDCC: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022

FDO: FDO8

mindrek

Postby mindrek » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:22 pm

The Beatles, the only ones made are seriously bad.
:freddy2:
new to forums, collecting since 2014.
Current ISO : Batman Bobble Head Chase & Batman Metallic SDCC 2010 (Box)
Instagram! @mindrek

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:35 pm

I think it's a slightly different interpretation, but I would really like a Comic Book Thanos. The Guardians of the Galaxy versions are decent stand ins, but there is something great about the comic book design with comic accurate colors, armor and Infinity Gauntlet that would be amazing to me!
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

The1one1

Postby The1one1 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:53 pm

MrSmileyFace wrote:

For once I agree with you, Dr Doom on a throne would be nice.i have dibs on the proto lol

Ohhhhhh helllllllllll noooooooo you didn’t just say that. [-X
Aloha! Call me Cliffy!

sambunctious10

Postby sambunctious10 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:56 pm

Fruit Brute & Yummy Mummy!

treswright

Postby treswright » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:01 pm

mindrek wrote:The Beatles, the only ones made are seriously bad.

Amen! Let's see them in action poses instead of the ridiculous gunfight-at-OK-corral poses.

^^^THIS^^^

^^^NOT THIS^^^
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:20 pm

I would like a GITD Mumm-Ra.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:21 pm

SnackAndJill wrote:Jamie or Claire Outlander Pops. I missed them the first go around and have been begging for more to hit the market.

I agree 100%
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

roxy

Postby roxy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:18 pm

Would love a Beerus and Whis chowing down on some food. Maybe even a 2 pack or a movie moments!

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:57 am

I would like to see a new Mayor from Nightmare holding his megaphone and the plans for next Halloween.
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

rakeru7

Postby rakeru7 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:22 pm

Beetlejuice in the iconic black and white attire. The new mold is good but I want him in the black and white.

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Beatles but a different pose and different era maybe Beatles from the abbey road cover
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:18 pm

Classier wrote:Wolverine! Funko can do much better nowadays, I want to see them make a new Wolverine, brown suit or tiger-stripe!

I feel like they could really do a dope berserker wolverine with Wolverines claws out and to the side. There is definitely many more iconic wolverine poses that could be done.
PopPChulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:20 pm

I think I wouldn't mind a new mold of Elvis as well - something more up to date. Elvis had tons of Iconic alfits and poses. I'd love to see Elvis.

I'm also hoping that they do fresh prince with a flocked sweater.
PopPChulo

Xeno

Postby Xeno » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:00 am

Power rangers action poses...
Also any of the old Pop rock like ELvis, Tupac,DMC, Kiss etc...

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:29 pm

Xeno wrote:Power rangers action poses...
Also any of the old Pop rock like ELvis, Tupac,DMC, Kiss etc...

Excellent job with the suggestions. I want a new Elvis mold, new Tupac and a new Kiss! There are so many new collectors and Funkos progression as far as how detailed POPS are now is so far along that it would be excellent to see these bad boys get created really and truly. :freddy2:
PopPChulo

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:18 pm

Silver Surfer for sure!

Mags

Postby Mags » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:53 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing some reworks of the Dragon Ball line, like members of the Turtle School (Goku, Krillin, Yamcha, Roshi, and maybe even Gohan) doing the Kamehameha pose. Or even a regular Yamcha who's not dead lol. Or Vegeta doing a Galick Gun (he would even get the cool stand! haha)

Or as others have said, the original DC line. I would totally buy a Nightwing with escrima sticks in an action pose.

DurtyDusty

Postby DurtyDusty » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:04 pm

treswright wrote:

Amen! Let's see them in action poses instead of the ridiculous gunfight-at-OK-corral poses.

^^^THIS^^^

^^^NOT THIS^^^

They need to start recreating Album covers with the Beatles. Those would be great to show with the old records. I love how they made the Justice statue for Metallica.

Abbey Road, Sgt. Peppers, Maybe even a Blk/Wht comic book style for Revolver??? I could go on...
:wwe7: It’s Vader TIME

DurtyDusty

Postby DurtyDusty » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:07 pm

treswright wrote:

^^^THIS^^^

^^^NOT THIS^^^

They need to start recreating Album covers with the Beatles. Those would be great to show with the old records. I love how they made the Justice statue for Metallica.

Abbey Road, Sgt. Peppers, Maybe even a Blk/Wht comic book style for Revolver??? I could go on...
:wwe7: It’s Vader TIME

Lvpopcollector

Postby Lvpopcollector » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:25 pm

So many could be redone, the features are so much more detailed now they could enhance a lot of the original Pops like they have with Goody, Mickey etc.
:SW9:
Heather
Collector in Las Vegas since 2015

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:20 pm

rexflexall wrote:Silver Surfer for sure!

they would kill the silver surfer in chrome if they did that now
PopPChulo

oobcollector

Postby oobcollector » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:16 am

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! I want the classic version (the one with all red bandana and gray/white body) and in action pose!

Return to “Pop!”