Marvel Collectors Corps November 2018: Marvel Studios 10 ⚠️ Final Day ⚠️

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
TriFeckTa

Re: Marvel Collectors Corps November 2018: Marvel Studios 10 ⚠️ Final Day ⚠️

Postby TriFeckTa » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:26 pm

Unpopular opinion:
Spoiler: show
I LOVE this box lol
I feel like Funko is inadvertently going down my Pop wishlist!
I was waiting on a Whiplash Pop...boom... check
I was waiting on Pops from Iron Man 2....boom.... check
More Iron Man Armors...boom...check.
Non-bobble head pops...boom...check
Keep making the Marvel Movie Moments as non-bobble heads Funko! Y'all doing a great job! I love you y'all! lol
This is an iconic cinematic scene for Iron Man fans
Last edited by TriFeckTa on Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:28 pm

TriFeckTa wrote:Unpopular opinion:
I LOVE this box lol
Keeping making the Marvel Movie Moments as non-bobble heads Funko! Y'all doing a great job! I love you y'all! lol

Right there with ya! Would sub if I could for this one.

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:34 pm

funkystark wrote:
I LOVE this box lol
Keeping making the Marvel Movie Moments as non-bobble heads Funko! Y'all doing a great job! I love you y'all! lol

Right there with ya! Would sub if I could for this one.

Do you need help getting it buddy? If you do hit me up, in private message.

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

ImageImage

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:49 pm

FredKruger wrote:
Classier wrote:
Jezter wrote:VERY glad I cancelled my sub, not into any of the items at all.

Hoping the next one is awesome and since it's X-Men it probably will be! :D

Don’t get your hopes too high. Things didn’t go too great the last time we got an X-Men box.

This is true. Track record not great with Amazon either. But we shall see. Hopefully with the run on last second cancellations it will cause them to rethink the sub box strategy.

Sorry, but I 100% disagree with you. I loved the previous X-Men box!! The only bummer for me was the shirt didn't fit right.
The pop ride was perfect!

If the new X-Men box is a previously unreleased character, anything Wolverine or a classic original character version, I'll be extremely happy.
The only sad part so far is no shirt. I'm also afraid there won't be a pin, but I'm not worried about the pop at all.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:44 pm

I'm also a big fan of this one - I will send the
Pint Size Heroes and Pez
to a friend of mine but I LOVE love LOVE
the Movie Moment

*Not sure of the etiquette here about spoilers after a box is officially released so better safe than sorry.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:15 pm

I'd love either of these characters as an individual Pop. I'd even accept a 2-pack. But the Movie Moment is just bleh. This ranks down there with the first GotG box with me.

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:28 pm

I LOVE this box lol

Yeah I LOVE

The design of the Mark 5 Armor! I don't care for whiplash, but I'm so happy to finally get this armor and in non bobblehead form!

I do understand that people don't think that IM 2 is a good way to honor the MCU, but I personally don't have a HUGE problem with it. Also, I know it's small, but I really like that the PSH still have their details outlined in black and they aren't just blank and molded in the gold plastic like the Pez
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

Classier

Postby Classier » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:38 pm

Chase Variant wrote:I'd love either of these characters as an individual Pop. I'd even accept a 2-pack. But the Movie Moment is just bleh. This ranks down there with the first GotG box with me.

That’s how I feel. 99 times out of 100 I’d rather Funko just make the pops seperately than pack them as one piece. It’s even more frustrating when it’s the only way to get that character.

treswright

Postby treswright » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:50 pm

I like the box. From afar. Not enough to want it lol I like Movie Moments but I already have so many and I'm just not interested in adding more to my pile of will-never-have-room-to-display-this stuff unless they are really great. And that base is really kind of a deal-killer for me. It's just a flat, boring slab of nothing.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

ghostedaway

Postby ghostedaway » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:57 pm

I'm fine with what they chose for the movie moment but I would love some insight on why they went with that one out of everything they could have done
Bryan

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:06 pm

Gonna need to pick up all the
Pint Size Heroes variants now.

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:44 pm

bakivali wrote:Gonna need to pick up all the

I haven't seen any other boxes besides the original leaked one, so I'm curious to see if there is a full set of those items and you can get different ones or if it's just what was included.
Image Image Image Image

leosalion

Postby leosalion » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:08 pm

Chase Variant wrote:I'd love either of these characters as an individual Pop. I'd even accept a 2-pack. But the Movie Moment is just bleh. This ranks down there with the first GotG box with me.

I very much agree with having them as individuals. I like the box, but that Movie Moment wasn't as epic enough for me. Nice to have another Iron man though

Classier

Postby Classier » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:34 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:

I haven't seen any other boxes besides the original leaked one, so I'm curious to see if there is a full set of those items and you can get different ones or if it's just what was included.

I think there is more, since the packages show all the figures on the back with the 1/12 odds on it.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:02 pm

Jezter wrote:
FredKruger wrote:
Classier wrote:Don’t get your hopes too high. Things didn’t go too great the last time we got an X-Men box.

This is true. Track record not great with Amazon either. But we shall see. Hopefully with the run on last second cancellations it will cause them to rethink the sub box strategy.

Sorry, but I 100% disagree with you. I loved the previous X-Men box!! The only bummer for me was the shirt didn't fit right.

If the new X-Men box is a previously unreleased character, anything Wolverine or a classic original character version, I'll be extremely happy.
The only sad part so far is no shirt. I'm also afraid there won't be a pin, but I'm not worried about the pop at all.

I got that one too, pop ride was cool. But I think the comment was about our need of new characters. With how they have been going, wouldnt be surprised to see wolverine action pose. Prob Won't be a pin, I miss those too. Hope at least has a shirt.

Brycifer666

Postby Brycifer666 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:21 pm

Classier wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:

I think there is more, since the packages show all the figures on the back with the 1/12 odds on it.

That could just be because they reused the packaging from the common set

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:06 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
I LOVE this box lol

Yeah I LOVE

The design of the Mark 5 Armor! I don't care for whiplash, but I'm so happy to finally get this armor and in non bobblehead form!

I do understand that people don't think that IM 2 is a good way to honor the MCU, but I personally don't have a HUGE problem with it. Also, I know it's small, but I really like that the PSH still have their details outlined in black and they aren't just blank and molded in the gold plastic like the Pez

I agree i don't like things that just seem dipped in gold, so the fact that the details are outlined on the psh makes a world of difference.

ImageImage

CptWhizbang

Postby CptWhizbang » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:06 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:I remember you! you're the one who was complaining that they made the Black Order in Infinity War. You said that it was sexist and racist that they made the Black Order instead more diverse characters... except that Corvus Glaive is played by an African American actor and Proxima Midnight is female.

This seems like another time where you are upset that they didn't do exactly what you wanted and then now you are trying to equate them not doing what you wanted to them being sexist and racist.

cute, real cute job there trying to twist around an actual and a long-standing issue in toy collecting (ignoring female and poc heroes in favor of villains) into a personal temper tantrum.

My issue with the A:IW was the fact that the first wave contained more villains than female or moc heroes combined. The fact Proxima Midnight was female does nothing to change the fact that she was a villain and it still doesn't change the fact that out of more than 25 A:IW POPs (so far), only two have been female heroes. And yes, the actor who played Corvus Glaive is African American. But that doesn't magically make Corvus Glaive into an African American character.

As for today's box, I had little expectation we would actually get a Pepper Potts or a Maria Hill figure because I know Funko does not cater exactly to my demographic - plus I've been collecting toys way too long to put that much trust in any company. I assumed we were going to maybe get that Avengers-back-to-back movie moment or worst case scenario get some more lazy chrome POPs. I didn't get mad until I saw the spoilers this morning and saw that Funko apparently rather scrape the bottom of the MCU villain barrel than finish off the two remaining reoccurring heroes from the first 10 years of the MCU. That was my final straw with the MCC boxes, so I'm done with them.
Current POPs: 219
Current Pocket POPs: 20
Current Dorbz: 54

Marvel Dream POP List: Metallic BuckyCap w/gun POP, Classic Black Widow POP, Nomad (Steve Rogers) POP
Marvel Dream Dorbz List: CA:TFA Dorbz, Golden Age Bucky Dorbz, CA:CW Dorbz Ride with Steve, Sam, Bucky, and VW Bug

Classier

Postby Classier » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:30 pm

CptWhizbang wrote:I didn't get mad until I saw the spoilers this morning and saw that Funko apparently rather scrape the bottom of the MCU villain barrel than finish off the two remaining reoccurring heroes from the first 10 years of the MCU. That was my final straw with the MCC boxes, so I'm done with them.

What about Wong? I think he’s more important than Maria Hill, or equal at the very least.

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:21 pm

Classier wrote:
CptWhizbang wrote:I didn't get mad until I saw the spoilers this morning and saw that Funko apparently rather scrape the bottom of the MCU villain barrel than finish off the two remaining reoccurring heroes from the first 10 years of the MCU. That was my final straw with the MCC boxes, so I'm done with them.

What about Wong? I think he’s more important than Maria Hill, or equal at the very least.

And he's a POC.
Image Image Image Image

CptWhizbang

Postby CptWhizbang » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:35 pm

Classier wrote:

Oh I definitely agree Wong needs a POP asap! Maria just beats him out for more screen time (not including AoS), but Wong is right up there in needing a POP along with her. (Ned and Luis need POPs too)
Current POPs: 219
Current Pocket POPs: 20
Current Dorbz: 54

Marvel Dream POP List: Metallic BuckyCap w/gun POP, Classic Black Widow POP, Nomad (Steve Rogers) POP
Marvel Dream Dorbz List: CA:TFA Dorbz, Golden Age Bucky Dorbz, CA:CW Dorbz Ride with Steve, Sam, Bucky, and VW Bug

The Popfather

Postby The Popfather » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:31 pm

I'm not understanding all the negative comments for this box. Of course there were a lot of routes that they could have gone differently, but I still think it's a cool box of Marvel goodness.
The Popfather- Head of the Popfia!

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:39 am

The Popfather wrote:I'm not understanding all the negative comments for this box. Of course there were a lot of routes that they could have gone differently, but I still think it's a cool box of Marvel goodness.

There seems to be three big camps with some overlap:

1. If this box is supposed to the best of the MCU, then why choose Iron Man 2 for the main product

2. People don't like Movie Moments. The cheap and plain bases seem like a way to just package 2 POPs while also making the price and "value" higher.

3. WTF is all this gold crap. This isn't Transformers. There was no movie called Avengers: Golden Lake where they all turn golden.

Note: I actually don't mind this box, I'm just trying to help convey the disappointment of others.
Image Image Image Image

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:27 am

FredKruger wrote:
Jezter wrote:
FredKruger wrote:

I got that one too, pop ride was cool. But I think the comment was about our need of new characters. With how they have been going, wouldnt be surprised to see wolverine action pose. Prob Won't be a pin, I miss those too. Hope at least has a shirt.

Ah true, maybe I misread the comment, and if so then ignore my part about the ride, haha. I too am such a huge X-Men fan in desperate need of new characters though so I'll never be unhappy if they make them! Nightcrawler, Bishop, Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, Polaris, Havok etc etc.
I'm not against more Wolverine though, but I know a lot of people would be unhappy if they put him in this box considering he was in the last one. Guess we'll see...but easy buy for me!
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:47 am

Jezter wrote:
FredKruger wrote:
Jezter wrote:

Ah true, maybe I misread the comment, and if so then ignore my part about the ride, haha. I too am such a huge X-Men fan in desperate need of new characters though so I'll never be unhappy if they make them! Nightcrawler, Bishop, Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, Polaris, Havok etc etc.
I'm not against more Wolverine though, but I know a lot of people would be unhappy if they put him in this box considering he was in the last one. Guess we'll see...but easy buy for me!

Well Age of Apocalypse Wolverine pop would be fantastic. In hoping finally get any of the ones listed, or a Phoenix form Jean would be my choice.

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:16 am

Brycifer666 wrote:
Classier wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:

That could just be because they reused the packaging from the common set

Part of me hopes it's that, part of me wants a full set lol

Classier

Postby Classier » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:56 pm

There is for sure only two PSH you can get. I’ve seen multiple boxes and none have any other than Thanos and Thor.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:11 am

So I'm actually pretty pleased with the contents of this box.

My only quibble with it is
I wish there had been more variety with the PSH. While I'm sure plenty of people are happy with Thanos, I would have rather had almost anyone else from the set other than him. But I am actually really happy that they're gold, and now I want the rest of the set in gold, too! UGH...! Also, it would've made more sense to me if they'd done the Iron Man PSH, since he's the character that kicked off the 10 years of Marvel!
Image ImageImage Image

CritterD

Postby CritterD » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:25 am

Most of the MM have cool poses, but I hate they way they face each other on a base. they would be cool as individual Pops!. That being said, is there a way to safely get them off the base. I like the floating 11, but Demo coming out the wall is terrible on the Stranger Things MM. others as well, but I'd like the Pops by themselves
Pops! I got LOTS now....but please don't tell!!! [-X
Mystery Mini's....just 3. But working on that!!!

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:42 am

Missing the GOTG box was one of the reasons I committed to subscribing. Ebayed for the scarf - so nice, bought it twice! I'm pretty easy when it comes to the boxes. Outside of theme (No interest in a Venom box/Venom anything), the only item that disappointed me was the "beanie" and how small/short it was. I liked the concept but I wanted a toque that could properly cover one's ears.

I do hope we get a hat soon... it was the Spidey box before Homecoming the last time MCC got one.
ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Dream Pops:Toronto Raptors player Pops, Kimono jacket Daniel from Karate Kid 2.
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:30 pm

Katers wrote:So I'm actually pretty pleased with the contents of this box.

I wish there had been more variety with the PSH. While I'm sure plenty of people are happy with Thanos, I would have rather had almost anyone else from the set other than him. But I am actually really happy that they're gold, and now I want the rest of the set in gold, too! UGH...! Also, it would've made more sense to me if they'd done the Iron Man PSH, since he's the character that kicked off the 10 years of Marvel!

I agree except

Sub in thanos with Thor. I am a huge Thanos collector and want him because of that,but there are quite a few other PSh in the set that i would LOVE to see in Gold!
Image Image Image Image

Classier

Postby Classier » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:08 pm

CritterD wrote:Most of the MM have cool poses, but I hate they way they face each other on a base. they would be cool as individual Pops!. That being said, is there a way to safely get them off the base. I like the floating 11, but Demo coming out the wall is terrible on the Stranger Things MM. others as well, but I'd like the Pops by themselves

Unfortunately it seems like the only way to remove the pops from their base is by cutting them off. I tried all the usual tricks people recommend (hairdryer, boiling water, screwdriver) on my Red Skull and Captain America and none of them worked. :(

Mags

Postby Mags » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:14 pm

Classier wrote:
CritterD wrote:Most of the MM have cool poses, but I hate they way they face each other on a base. they would be cool as individual Pops!. That being said, is there a way to safely get them off the base. I like the floating 11, but Demo coming out the wall is terrible on the Stranger Things MM. others as well, but I'd like the Pops by themselves

Unfortunately it seems like the only way to remove the pops from their base is by cutting them off. I tried all the usual tricks people recommend (hairdryer, boiling water, screwdriver) on my Red Skull and Captain America and none of them worked. :(

An X-Acto knife would probably be your best bet. Small enough to get between the pieces without risking severely breaking them.

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:21 pm

It depends. The way to dissolve any Funko glue is to soak the POP in hot water and then kind of pry it off. I have seen people do it to Movie Moments, but it depends on which one. The Captain America vs. Red Skull is one that comes off relatively easy, but Hulk vs. Hulkbuster wouldn't because their feet are digging into the ground, so even if you could remove them, they wouldn't stand. With this one, I would be worried about the whips because they are long, thin and have all of the fragile lightning bits.
Image Image Image Image

The Head

Postby The Head » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:19 pm

Anyone else take their Movie Moment out of the box? Did you notice that the heads aren't bobbles? Wonder if they figured out a way around the licensing requirement for the movie moments. :-k

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:10 am

jkcohen626 wrote:
Katers wrote:So I'm actually pretty pleased with the contents of this box.

I agree except

Sub in thanos with Thor. I am a huge Thanos collector and want him because of that,but there are quite a few other PSh in the set that i would LOVE to see in Gold!

I think ultimately what it comes down to is that we need
the full set of gold PSH.
That way, at the end of the day, we're all happy!
Image ImageImage Image

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:14 am

Disappointed in the box for sure. I am not a fan of movie moments but would have been ok with just about any other movie moments. One of the worse choices for sure. I would have loved to been a fly in the wall for that meeting where this was decided and had a chance to hear the other options.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

ReggieB78

Postby ReggieB78 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:50 am

I am happy there is spoilers out there for times like this box and where i can cancel before I am charged for a marvels collectors box from Amazon.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImage

Mysta_Rabbit

Postby Mysta_Rabbit » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:29 am

The Head wrote:Anyone else take their Movie Moment out of the box? Did you notice that the heads aren't bobbles? Wonder if they figured out a way around the licensing requirement for the movie moments. :-k

Or if QC messed up, bad.

CritterD

Postby CritterD » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:07 pm

The Hulkbuster for IW wasn't a Bobble was it? Wonder why some molds are and some arent.
Pops! I got LOTS now....but please don't tell!!! [-X
Mystery Mini's....just 3. But working on that!!!

Return to “Powered by Funko”