Marvel Collectors Corps January 2019: Classic X-Men ⚠️ Last Day ⚠️

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Jeffvela710

Re: Marvel Collectors Corps January 2019: Classic X-Men

Postby Jeffvela710 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:13 am

I hope is rogue and gambit

Toronto

Re: Marvel Collectors Corps January 2019: X-Men

Postby Toronto » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:13 pm

Jango_Fresh wrote:Here is hoping for Jubilee, in any form. Rock Candy would be great!

Yes. Would love anything Jubes related.
Classic X-Men Adventures Jubilee
Generation -X Jubilee
Counter-X Jubilee
Wondra (Jubilee)
Vampire Jubilee

So ready.
ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Dream Pops:Toronto Raptors player Pops, Kimono jacket Daniel from Karate Kid 2.
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:17 pm

My hopes for this box

Rogue (Pop or Rock Candy)
Gambit
Rogue/Gambit 2-pack
Jubilee (Pop or Rock Candy)
Nightcrawler
Flocked Sabertooth
Mister Sinister
Omega Red
6” Sentinel
Big in the box or 6” Apocalypse
Some sort of Danger Room Moment
Magneto Magnet
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:08 pm

Strending625 wrote:My hopes for this box

Rogue (Pop or Rock Candy)
Gambit
Rogue/Gambit 2-pack
Jubilee (Pop or Rock Candy)
Nightcrawler
Flocked Sabertooth
Mister Sinister
Omega Red
6” Sentinel
Big in the box or 6” Apocalypse
Some sort of Danger Room Moment
Magneto Magnet

Literally any of these would make it the best box yet since they switched to Amazon.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

cheekylyssa

Postby cheekylyssa » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:45 pm

I would’ve loved to have a shirt in here just cuz Funko keeps making adorable shirts but not in fat folks sizes anymore like they used to in the boxes. lol That said, I’m hoping we see characters we haven’t seen (Rogue, Nightcrawler, Gambit) and not another Wolverine.

Ace+ 76

Postby Ace+ 76 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:24 am

I would really like to see us get a Nightcrawler finally, perhaps a 11" Sentinel.

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:22 pm

i love this theme. I don't normally get the marvel boxes but this one might be worth it for the classic look
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:43 am

No moments of any kind. There are too many gaps in the X-Men Line. The list above is solid. Any of those will do.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:39 pm

volsspongebob wrote:No moments of any kind. There are too many gaps in the X-Men Line. The list above is solid. Any of those will do.

If they did a Movie Moment I hope it would be Rogue and maybe someone else in the Danger Room. It could bring in a new character and still keep the Movie Moment that they have been putting in boxes lately.
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Re: Marvel Collectors Corps January 2019: X-Men and Women

Postby dork_knight » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:41 pm

Classier wrote:Probably an unpopular opinion, but I hope we get a new Wolverine in here. The old one doesn’t meet my standards for Funko anymore, and I think they could do better these days.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way. Of course, I want the other X-men eventually, but totally wouldn't mind a new sculpt for Wolverine.
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:33 am

I love Wolverine, but we already have 10, 11 counting Old Man Logan. I know that is not Batman level, but 10 is enough for now. Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, Nightcrawler, Jean Grey, some of these need to happen before we see another Wolverine.

.. but then Marvel is pushing Wolverine hard in the comics right now so I wouldn't be surprised to see Wolverine. Never be surprised when Wolverine shows up. I wouldn't mind seeing Patch though.

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:44 am

fbingha wrote:I love Wolverine, but we already have 10, 11 counting Old Man Logan. I know that is not Batman level, but 10 is enough for now. Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, Nightcrawler, Jean Grey, some of these need to happen before we see another Wolverine.

.. but then Marvel is pushing Wolverine hard in the comics right now so I wouldn't be surprised to see Wolverine. Never be surprised when Wolverine shows up. I wouldn't mind seeing Patch though.

I am so ready for a Gambit Pop. Growing up and really getting into Comics in the 90s, when he was introduced it was a game changer for younger me.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:26 am

Gambit throwing cards with partial sentinel base comic moment, I would be in for that.
2012 Rookie of the Year

Justuravgnerd

Postby Justuravgnerd » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:34 pm

I'd honestly be happy with any characters from Jim Lee's run

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:27 am

I would agree that it will most likely be Jean and Scott in their original uniforms.

But I’d go crazy for
Classic Havok and Polaris.

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:59 am

Why do people keep listing Gambit for a “Classic X-Men” box? It should be a member of the original 5. /Maybe/ Havok and Polaris. Even the All-New, All-Different team from Giant-Size X-Men #1 would be pushing things, but at least they appeared in a reprint comic called “Classic X-Men”. Any characters past that period would be false advertising.

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:03 am

If they are in fact Classic versions as some of us assume, I personally hope it's Jean and/or Angel. Wouldn't object to human Hank, Scott or snowman looking Iceman, but Jean and Angel would be the pops I'd want the most.

I do however hope they get back to 90s versions of the mutants though asap, I want the same top five and I'm sad it's taken so long for them to get made. Nightcrawler, Rogue, Gambit, Bishop, Jubilee and a villain like Blob, Toad or Pyro.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

CritterD

Postby CritterD » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:08 am

For some of us the 90's are "Classic"!! We dont need to go back to the 60's.....Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee....all would be fantastic. But it'll be some boring old Cyclops and Jean Pops! These boxes have been less than stellar since Amazon got them. I had such high hopes too
Pops! I got LOTS now....but please don't tell!!! [-X
Mystery Mini's....just 3. But working on that!!!

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:16 am

Chase Variant wrote:Why do people keep listing Gambit for a “Classic X-Men” box? It should be a member of the original 5. /Maybe/ Havok and Polaris. Even the All-New, All-Different team from Giant-Size X-Men #1 would be pushing things, but at least they appeared in a reprint comic called “Classic X-Men”. Any characters past that period would be false advertising.

Perhaps we just don't believe that when Funko advertises "Classic" that they could be thinking something other than what a comic's fan would consider to be Classic X-Men. I wouldn't be surprised if 92 Animated X-Men is considered classic. That's what I'm thinking, but others in this thread may just really have no idea what a true Classic X-Men would be. Ice Man throwing snowballs anyone?

Chase Variant

Postby Chase Variant » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:15 pm

fbingha wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:Why do people keep listing Gambit for a “Classic X-Men” box? It should be a member of the original 5. /Maybe/ Havok and Polaris. Even the All-New, All-Different team from Giant-Size X-Men #1 would be pushing things, but at least they appeared in a reprint comic called “Classic X-Men”. Any characters past that period would be false advertising.

Perhaps we just don't believe that when Funko advertises "Classic" that they could be thinking something other than what a comic's fan would consider to be Classic X-Men. I wouldn't be surprised if 92 Animated X-Men is considered classic. That's what I'm thinking, but others in this thread may just really have no idea what a true Classic X-Men would be. Ice Man throwing snowballs anyone?

That’s like Classsic Rock stations playing Green Day. Post-Dookie.

I think any of the original five in their school uniforms would be great. I’d love an Angel with his wings fully extended.

Chase Variant

Postby Chase Variant » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:07 pm

fbingha wrote:

Just got the new e-mail for January’s box advertising it as just “X-Men” and with images from the Fox animated series. Someone in marketing is reading this thread!

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:22 pm

I have never seen the word classic in my email, and the one I got had what looked like 90s animated wolvie.
2012 Rookie of the Year

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:34 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
fbingha wrote:

Just got the new e-mail for January’s box advertising it as just “X-Men” and with images from the Fox animated series. Someone in marketing is reading this thread!

I won't be sad if it is another Wolverine, but Animated X-Men? Give us Rogue, Jubilee, or Gambit (and I don't even like Gambit). I won't be surprised if it turns out to be Phoenix due to the pending movie. Season 3 of the animated series was largely about Phoenix.

Chase Variant

Postby Chase Variant » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:56 am

fbingha wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:
fbingha wrote:

I won't be sad if it is another Wolverine, but Animated X-Men? Give us Rogue, Jubilee, or Gambit (and I don't even like Gambit). I won't be surprised if it turns out to be Phoenix due to the pending movie. Season 3 of the animated series was largely about Phoenix.

Now that I’ve expressed my disinterest in Gambit in another thread, I’m betting it’ll end up being Gambit. :/

I’d still prefer one of the original five in their school uniforms, but if they go the 90s route, I’d want Rogue or Jean.

ghostedaway

Postby ghostedaway » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:00 am

I'm hoping for two pops in this. Also hoping they drop a hint or spoilers. Kinda seems like they stopped doing the spoiler thing though
Bryan

GuruGuy128

Postby GuruGuy128 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:26 am

ghostedaway wrote:I'm hoping for two pops in this. Also hoping they drop a hint or spoilers. Kinda seems like they stopped doing the spoiler thing though

It wasn't a hint or spoiler, it was literally someone leaking it at Amazon, which is wrong.
Guru Guy: The Disney and Subscription Box Guru

ghostedaway

Postby ghostedaway » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:25 pm

GuruGuy128 wrote:
ghostedaway wrote:I'm hoping for two pops in this. Also hoping they drop a hint or spoilers. Kinda seems like they stopped doing the spoiler thing though

It wasn't a hint or spoiler, it was literally someone leaking it at Amazon, which is wrong.

Oh that's what happened with the Venom box? That's messed up for sure
Bryan

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:32 am

For people on the fence about these marvel boxes and who happen to be out of box collectors you can usually find the boxes on warehouse deals a few weeks after they're released. Ive gotten the venom and Deadpool boxes for more than half off.

The Head

Postby The Head » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:38 am

perfectflaw00 wrote:For people on the fence about these marvel boxes and who happen to be out of box collectors you can usually find the boxes on warehouse deals a few weeks after they're released. Ive gotten the venom and Deadpool boxes for more than half off.

That's good to know. I need to start saving some money on funko...it's getting too expensive!

jesusunzueta89

Postby jesusunzueta89 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:25 pm

What are your Predictions for the box?
:fdo91:

Road to 1000 Marvel POP's

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:29 pm

The Head wrote:
perfectflaw00 wrote:For people on the fence about these marvel boxes and who happen to be out of box collectors you can usually find the boxes on warehouse deals a few weeks after they're released. Ive gotten the venom and Deadpool boxes for more than half off.

That's good to know. I need to start saving some money on funko...it's getting too expensive!

Thank you for sharing! Definitely was thinking of getting that Venom box, but wasn't sure if it would be available after the cut-off date. Been trying not to spend as much on personal stuff these last few months in preparation for Christmas :)

Meow I should be fine.
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

sambunctious10

Postby sambunctious10 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:24 pm

I got the Deadpool box from the Warehouse myself.

anime23

Postby anime23 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:47 pm

GuruGuy128 wrote:The Next Theme for this box is going to be X-Men. Join the Dr. X and the team with this box from Funko. Join by January 27 to make sure to get it.

I am excited!
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:32 pm

ghostedaway wrote:
GuruGuy128 wrote:

Why is that messed up, or wrong? The surprise isnt for everyone, I'd say that was a good thing, and will hopefully happen again with this box. Saved a lot of people $ on the 10 year box when they leaked it. Maybe they fear cancellations?

GuruGuy128

Postby GuruGuy128 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:12 pm

FredKruger wrote:
ghostedaway wrote:
GuruGuy128 wrote:

Why is that messed up, or wrong? The surprise isnt for everyone, I'd say that was a good thing, and will hopefully happen again with this box. Saved a lot of people $ on the 10 year box when they leaked it. Maybe they fear cancellations?

Because I think it's not right to violate the policy of a company like that. It can hurt your business financially and ruin the trust in the employees.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:19 pm

GuruGuy128 wrote:
FredKruger wrote:
ghostedaway wrote:Oh that's what happened with the Venom box? That's messed up for sure

Because I think it's not right to violate the policy of a company like that. It can hurt your business financially and ruin the trust in the employees.

What about them flipping their own boxes for $10 more after initial release? Im not worried about ethics, for a flipper personally. A company like that deserves to take a financial hit if it happens. The employees have nothing to do with whether or not a product sells, it is completely unrelated to the average employee. The trust comes in the form of a paycheck, so not sure how a leak affects them.

If anything the leaker is helping them avoid returns as well. Think about how many probs they saved by leaking the 10 yr box. I'm making the point the leaks are good, since all know what they are getting, and can avoid returns.

Back on topic, This one doesnt have a shirt either. Thankfully, this wont be a movie moment, but hope has at least 2 pops to justify the price of the box.

GuruGuy128

Postby GuruGuy128 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:40 pm

FredKruger wrote:
GuruGuy128 wrote:
FredKruger wrote:

What about them flipping their own boxes for $10 more after initial release? Im not worried about ethics, for a flipper personally. A company like that deserves to take a financial hit if it happens. The employees have nothing to do with whether or not a product sells, it is completely unrelated to the average employee. The trust comes in the form of a paycheck, so not sure how a leak affects them.

If anything the leaker is helping them avoid returns as well. Think about how many probs they saved by leaking the 10 yr box. I'm making the point the leaks are good, since all know what they are getting, and can avoid returns.

Back on topic, This one doesnt have a shirt either. Thankfully, this wont be a movie moment, but hope has at least 2 pops to justify the price of the box.

What company deserves to take a Financial loss? That's not something they wanted to happen and not something to be celebrating, no company like Funko or Amazon want to fail. That $40 price tag is based on what they feel like they should sell it for after calculating COGS, Freight charges, and other expenses.

jesusunzueta89

Re: Marvel Collectors Corps January 2019: Classic X-Men ⚠️ 3 Weeks Left ⚠️

Postby jesusunzueta89 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:24 am

Rumor has it that we will be getting an Angel POP, I'm really hopping that we get an Apocalypse 6", a Sentinel or an Omega Red
:fdo91:

Road to 1000 Marvel POP's

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:32 am

GuruGuy128 wrote:
FredKruger wrote:
GuruGuy128 wrote:

What company deserves to take a Financial loss? That's not something they wanted to happen and not something to be celebrating, no company like Funko or Amazon want to fail. That $40 price tag is based on what they feel like they should sell it for after calculating COGS, Freight charges, and other expenses.

They dont take a loss though. There sales would possibly increase, so would be beneficial to them. Theres no harm in a leak, it is beneficial to Funko to release a good box, not amazon. Funko gets the sales either way, so not sure of your point. Funko leaks the shop release each week, does that mean they lose sales? It drives the hype to know what is coming. If they drop a bad box, they hear about it for weeks on social media. A good box? Gets them lots of props, and future sales.

Not sure what you are talkimg about, the price tag is $30. They then decide they want to flip for extra dough after release date. Why sell it for 30, then up the price? That's known as flipping to most of us here, especially on a brand new release like this. Amazon buys up all the boxes and then upcharges for a minimal profit and screws collectors. If you read these boards, flippers are derided a lot for this practice with the shop items, and exclusives.

There are resellers who are members here, so to each their own. But leaks are good for business on both sides. Leak the box contents Amazon employees!!

FredKruger

Re: Marvel Collectors Corps January 2019: Classic X-Men ⚠️ 3 Weeks Left ⚠️

Postby FredKruger » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:33 am

jesusunzueta89 wrote:Rumor has it that we will be getting an Angel POP, I'm really hopping that we get an Apocalypse 6", a Sentinel or an Omega Red

If it's old school Angel, that would be great. I'd like an Omega, or an Apocalypse, but not too likely. Maybe we finally get Gambit?

Return to “Powered by Funko”