DC PRIMAL AGE (Series 2 revealed on page 3!!!)

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
ReggieB78

Re: DC PRIMAL AGE

Postby ReggieB78 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:10 pm

xmaldigolax wrote:
ReggieB78 wrote:they were giving out a bunch of mister freeze at NYCC i was able to get 3. I am so against this but I see people are for it so I can't hate on something I will just not collect them and leave them to the people who do love them. I do want the thundercats one though, lol.

i had two, was gonna stick the card to the wall and unbox the other, but then i saw someone that was sad to miss out so i gave them my extra. so now i just have the one OOB. since you don't want your 3 maybe do a giveaway!

1 went to my friend that was on a seperate line for me and the other to my nephew. He ripped it open once got home. I should do a giveaway for the one I have or maybe some more pops.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:11 am

So much like 80s figures!

evanmoua

Postby evanmoua » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:54 pm

I really dig this line, I think it will definitely be another black hole im gonna fall in. Especially if they do more lines. Like disney

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:00 am

That Mister Freeze given at NYCC is nice!

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:13 am

rexflexall wrote:So much like 80s figures!

Yah, I totally agree. Brings back memories lol
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

Cobrala Commander

Postby Cobrala Commander » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:07 am

evanmoua wrote:I really dig this line, I think it will definitely be another black hole im gonna fall in. Especially if they do more lines. Like disney

They hit Target January 1st (Amazon basically got a Christmas season exclusive) and the designer has suggested that wave 2:

Is approved.
Is in production overseas.
Will be hitting EXTREMELY soon.

No idea when TCats Wave 2 hits but, for comparison, Conan doesn’t hit until October 2019. So it LOOKS to me like Primal Age is getting more robust support than a typical Funko line.

Probably helps to have what look to be serious commitment from Amazon and Target.

Really eager for Superman and Flash. Hoping we get to see a Martian Manhunter and Supergirl. Zombie Bizarro, maybe.

I feel like standard MM, Hawkman, and Luthor (in his Super Friends getup) having He-Man style chest harnesses will lend themselves well to the stylization.

tigsabud1

Postby tigsabud1 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:56 pm

So stoked that Scarecrow is part of wave 1! Usually I have to wait a few waves before he pops up. I think these are a fun idea, but as of now, I think I'm set with just him.
:dkjoker1:

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:08 am

Cobrala Commander wrote:
Spoiler: show
evanmoua wrote:I really dig this line, I think it will definitely be another black hole im gonna fall in. Especially if they do more lines. Like disney

They hit Target January 1st (Amazon basically got a Christmas season exclusive) and the designer has suggested that wave 2:

Is approved.

No idea when TCats Wave 2 hits but, for comparison, Conan doesn’t hit until October 2019. So it LOOKS to me like Primal Age is getting more robust support than a typical Funko line.

Probably helps to have what look to be serious commitment from Amazon and Target.
Really eager for Superman and Flash. Hoping we get to see a Martian Manhunter and Supergirl. Zombie Bizarro, maybe.

I feel like standard MM, Hawkman, and Luthor (in his Super Friends getup) having He-Man style chest harnesses will lend themselves well to the stylization.

I do hope we get more than one female character. Supergirl, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, even Harley. I would love starfire
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

Cobrala Commander

Postby Cobrala Commander » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:02 pm

xmaldigolax wrote:
Cobrala Commander wrote:

Is approved.

I do hope we get more than one female character. Supergirl, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, even Harley. I would love starfire

Good call. In fact, I’m now imagining Catwoman’s Silver Age look crossed with Evil-Lyn and that’d be pretty cool. Purple and green look GREAT on vintage style toys.

I keep imagining Supergirl as She-Ra inspired. Maybe like the Bombshells look with PA Superman’s logo, armored up and a bit valkyrie like. Like if you took the Bombshells design, removed the Pin-up Girl flourishes and gave her some armor and a horned or winged head dress.

Also a good call about the need for more women. I figured Circe would be a strong pick. Cheetah maybe but probably has to compete with those Joker Hyena Men.

Giganta would be REALLY cool. Armor her up but keep the leopard print. Bigger scale.

I figure if they’re as into this as they seem to be, given enough waves, we’d get the full Super Friends and Legion of Doom. Scarecrow points that way. He’s an odd choice in some ways.

I can see with a retro line where they’d let Mego, Super Powers, and Super Friends guide character selection. And probably Secret Wars, X-Men: Pryde of the X-Men, Spider-man and His Amazing Friends, etc. if they did Marvel.

And it just hit me: Cheetah might be a woman dressed LIKE a Cheetah rather than a were-Cheetah if they let vintage media inform them.

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:19 pm

xmaldigolax wrote:I do hope we get more than one female character. Supergirl, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, even Harley. I would love starfire

Me too! I want to see Cheetah, Supergirl, Batgirl, Batwoman, Big Barda, Black Canary, Vixen, Power Girl and it would be great to get a Wonder Girl or BOTH Wonder Girls (Donna and Cassie)! Giganta, Circe and Artemis would all be great choices from the Wonder Family too!
XENA: Warrior Princess AND Gabrielle: Battling Bard deserve to be immortalised in plastic as Funko Pops!

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:05 pm

Cobrala Commander wrote:
xmaldigolax wrote:
Cobrala Commander wrote:And it just hit me: Cheetah might be a woman dressed LIKE a Cheetah rather than a were-Cheetah if they let vintage media inform them.

Yeah! She could be wearing a cheetah skin like a barbarian!
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:37 pm

Valde wrote:
xmaldigolax wrote:Have any of you seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFU4DiwsO9c

Where’s that Superman figure at? Can’t wait for these.

Agreed where is Superman or even Shazam? Would love to see a Titans version of these. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:38 pm

They remind me of Heman but with DC. I would love to see this line grow further. Maybe a Legion of Doom set? :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Image Image Image Image

Cobrala Commander

Postby Cobrala Commander » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:05 pm

Tusken wrote:They remind me of Heman but with DC. I would love to see this line grow further. Maybe a Legion of Doom set? :freddy3:

Well, wave 1 has Scarecrow.

Wave 2 is in production. But we can reasonably guess it has Black Manta (they showed us the design). And Reiss said they want a Wonder Woman villain. Could be Cheetah or Giganta. And Superman is everyone’s guess (again the design exists) so Luthor probably anchors the villains. And I think Bizarro could hit. If Batman gets three villains in a wave, Superman could get two.

So that would give us:

Scarecrow
Cheetah OR Giganta
Black Manta
Lex Luthor
Bizarro

That would leave:

Cheetah OR Giganta
Solomon Grundy
Sinestro
Grodd
Riddler
Toyman

And Captain Cold but I’m gonna say they skip him since Mr. Freeze fills that role.

I feel like Sinestro, Bizarro, and Reverse Flash are likely as they recycle tooling.

All-in-all, if the line gets 4 full waves, I think a complete Legion of Doom feels very likely. They look to be getting a full JLA possibly minus Martian Manhunter by wave 2. I could see wave 3-4 going heavy on Legion of Doom with a mix of popular heroes like Supergirl, Batgirl, etc.

There’s a big hurdle here in that they decided, unlike He-Man, that this is a tech free world. So Cyborg, Martian Manhunter, etc. have issues.

That said, I brought up a MOTU Trapjaw style Cyborg and a Demon Manhunter (Etrigan/J’Onn mashup) with Reiss as part of a big gush and he said some of my (many) ideas were on the money.

This is tricky because they’re using the He-Man style but going with a Conan style lore. No tech. Prehistoric creatures. Atlantis may or may not be underwater.

Anyway, I THINK Green Lantern’s boots are white because the idea is that the clothes are all real fur. They cheated giving Superman and Batman blue at all. I guess red, blue, and purple are some of the oldest dyes. GL’s boots would have to be leather or plants to be green.

It would have been funny if GL’s boots had been green with orange stripes like Battle Cat. I’m guessing that hinting that Hal skinned Battle Cat for boots would raise eyebrows at Dreamworks/Universal though! ;-)

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:28 am

Cobrala Commander wrote:
Tusken wrote:They remind me of Heman but with DC. I would love to see this line grow further. Maybe a Legion of Doom set? :freddy3:

Wave 2 is in production. But we can reasonably guess it has Black Manta (they showed us the design). And Reiss said they want a Wonder Woman villain. Could be Cheetah or Giganta. And Superman is everyone’s guess (again the design exists) so Luthor probably anchors the villains. And I think Bizarro could hit. If Batman gets three villains in a wave, Superman could get two.

So that would give us:

Scarecrow
Cheetah OR Giganta
Black Manta
Lex Luthor
Bizarro

That would leave:

Cheetah OR Giganta
Solomon Grundy
Sinestro
Grodd
Riddler
Toyman

And Captain Cold but I’m gonna say they skip him since Mr. Freeze fills that role.

I feel like Sinestro, Bizarro, and Reverse Flash are likely as they recycle tooling.

All-in-all, if the line gets 4 full waves, I think a complete Legion of Doom feels very likely. They look to be getting a full JLA possibly minus Martian Manhunter by wave 2. I could see wave 3-4 going heavy on Legion of Doom with a mix of popular heroes like Supergirl, Batgirl, etc.

There’s a big hurdle here in that they decided, unlike He-Man, that this is a tech free world. So Cyborg, Martian Manhunter, etc. have issues.

That said, I brought up a MOTU Trapjaw style Cyborg and a Demon Manhunter (Etrigan/J’Onn mashup) with Reiss as part of a big gush and he said some of my (many) ideas were on the money.

This is tricky because they’re using the He-Man style but going with a Conan style lore. No tech. Prehistoric creatures. Atlantis may or may not be underwater.

Anyway, I THINK Green Lantern’s boots are white because the idea is that the clothes are all real fur. They cheated giving Superman and Batman blue at all. I guess red, blue, and purple are some of the oldest dyes. GL’s boots would have to be leather or plants to be green.

It would have been funny if GL’s boots had been green with orange stripes like Battle Cat. I’m guessing that hinting that Hal skinned Battle Cat for boots would raise eyebrows at Dreamworks/Universal though! ;-)

I like the way you think, especially with upcoming characters. Glad to find someone as super passionate about these as I am. I am not big on DC but this line has me excited beyond excited, and i really hope Bizarro and Solomon Grundy get their day in the sun. i wish i could order them all. I ordered the Batcave but as far as characters I only have Scarecrow and Ace the Bathound coming. Eventually I will start picking up a few more.
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:42 am

xmaldigolax wrote:
Cobrala Commander wrote:

So that would give us:

Scarecrow
Cheetah OR Giganta
Black Manta
Lex Luthor
Bizarro

That would leave:

Cheetah OR Giganta
Solomon Grundy
Sinestro
Grodd
Riddler
Toyman

I like the way you think, especially with upcoming characters. Glad to find someone as super passionate about these as I am. I am not big on DC but this line has me excited beyond excited, and i really hope Bizarro and Solomon Grundy get their day in the sun. i wish i could order them all. I ordered the Batcave but as far as characters I only have Scarecrow and Ace the Bathound coming. Eventually I will start picking up a few more.

I wonder if they can eventually add to the figures with some gimmicks like the old school toys, but those hopes are too high. The pictures of Mr Freeze showed him wearing his ice hand AND his shield on the same arm but i found that impossible when i tried. I kinda wish they had somewhere to hold the other accessories when you arent displaying them, like to hold the sword on the back.

Side note, last night i put the dishes away and mentioned it to my girlfriend, she asked "what do you want a f%#@ng medal?" when i said that I did, she found my Bat Medallion from the Mr Freeze pack and handed it to me...10 points to her lol
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:50 am

I wonder if we will get a hall of justice or get a fortress of solitude since Superman might be coming out in wave 2?
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

Cobrala Commander

Postby Cobrala Commander » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:15 pm

Tusken wrote:I wonder if we will get a hall of justice or get a fortress of solitude since Superman might be coming out in wave 2?

I’m a pretty ginormous Superman fan but speaking as somebody who skipped the Batcave due to shelf space (it’s TALL)...

I think they’d probably make better money off a villains playset.

And, selfishly, I want a Hall of Justice that’s Batcave sized but turned sideways because:

A: I could fit it on my shelves if it’s rotated sideways.

B: I always wanted a Super Powers Hall of Justice.

C: I think the Batcave looks as gloomy as any villain HQ ever could so a better contrast would be a big, yellow heroic castle.

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:17 am

Hall of Justice one of my favorite playsets as a kid. They could do Lobo?
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

tigsabud1

Postby tigsabud1 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:26 pm

Only one that interested me is Scarecrow, since he's my favorite villain. Ordered him on Amazon, which is now showing him as unavailable, whereas all the others are ready to ship. Has anyone gotten a shipping notification? I really hope they didn't cancel him or push him off to another wave.
:dkjoker1:

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:15 pm

Wonder if they could do Ra Jai Gul would be a cool one like a Wizard? :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:03 am

tigsabud1 wrote:Only one that interested me is Scarecrow, since he's my favorite villain. Ordered him on Amazon, which is now showing him as unavailable, whereas all the others are ready to ship. Has anyone gotten a shipping notification? I really hope they didn't cancel him or push him off to another wave.

I Already received Ace, Wonder Woman, and the Batcave (IT IS HUGE). Surprisingly, my Scarecrow has not yet shipped. I wonder if there were manufacturing issues or they didn't receive that order from the factory?

It figures, because, like you, out of all of them that is the one i wanted most lol .
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:10 am

I wonder if we will get to see Series 2 soon or they will wait until next year? :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:17 pm

Tusken wrote:I wonder if we will get to see Series 2 soon or they will wait until next year? :freddy3:

I think we have a bit, this set probably took a while to get concepted, approved, sculpted, reexamined, changed, reapproved, revealed, then out to production, then probably screwed up by the factory, then sent back and reproduced then out to amazon lol.
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:32 pm

Tusken wrote:Hall of Justice one of my favorite playsets as a kid.

The Hall of Justice would be my choice for a playset too! I think the basic shape and design would lend itself well to an ancient castle / mountain-esque design to fit with the Savage World aesthetic.

And great news up above about a Wonder Woman villain being planned. I'm guessing that it will be Cheetah, although Ares and Giganta are also possibilities.
XENA: Warrior Princess AND Gabrielle: Battling Bard deserve to be immortalised in plastic as Funko Pops!

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:30 pm

I think Cheetah would be the villain to help tie into the WW84 movie. It would help drive more of a awareness of the character. I would like to see them make Superman (wave 2) and maybe a Robin/Nightwing. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:43 am

tigsabud1 wrote:Only one that interested me is Scarecrow, since he's my favorite villain. Ordered him on Amazon, which is now showing him as unavailable, whereas all the others are ready to ship. Has anyone gotten a shipping notification? I really hope they didn't cancel him or push him off to another wave.

yeah there was definitely something wrong with either factory shipping or manufacturing error. i got an updated shipping date of 12/26. but at least i know it is coming! you should be good to go!
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:15 am

Wonder when we will get to see Wave 2 and hopefully a Hall of Justice or Doom? :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:53 am

Can't wait to hold one!

Interrogator

Postby Interrogator » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:30 pm

mohawkjones wrote:Image

It’s like Legends of Batman all over again.

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:32 am

Interrogator wrote:

YAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:25 pm

He looks like he says "The Power of Gotham." :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:48 am

xmaldigolax wrote:
Interrogator wrote:

YAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Yup thats what I was thinking, Legends of Batman all over again.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Rex Mason

Postby Rex Mason » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:50 am

Love these. My set of bat-related characters, the Batcave, and the beasts are going to be under the tree on Christmas. Can't wait! I have the Mr. Freeze from the New York Comic Con, and while the shield on mine broke, I'm super excited for this series.

My biggest hope for this series is a Man-Bat beast the other characters could ride on (similar to Ace) and a flocked Poison Ivy like Moss Man. I'm also hoping for a Clayface beast of some sort.

For hideouts, the Batcave is enough for me, but I'd love to see a Fortress of Solitude in this style. What a great opportunity for a ice fortress-like playset.

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:24 am

Rex Mason wrote:Love these. My set of bat-related characters, the Batcave, and the beasts are going to be under the tree on Christmas. Can't wait! I have the Mr. Freeze from the New York Comic Con, and while the shield on mine broke, I'm super excited for this series.

My biggest hope for this series is a Man-Bat beast the other characters could ride on (similar to Ace) and a flocked Poison Ivy like Moss Man. I'm also hoping for a Clayface beast of some sort.

For hideouts, the Batcave is enough for me, but I'd love to see a Fortress of Solitude in this style. What a great opportunity for a ice fortress-like playset.

When they announce Superman in Wave 2 (hoping) I would love to see a Fortress of Solitude be added as another playset. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:57 am

Tusken wrote:
Rex Mason wrote:Love these. My set of bat-related characters, the Batcave, and the beasts are going to be under the tree on Christmas. Can't wait! I have the Mr. Freeze from the New York Comic Con, and while the shield on mine broke, I'm super excited for this series.

When they announce Superman in Wave 2 (hoping) I would love to see a Fortress of Solitude be added as another playset. :freddy3:

Oh these are all great ideas. I really hope that someone from the company sees the enthusiasm and these ideas...
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:15 am

xmaldigolax wrote:
Tusken wrote:

Oh these are all great ideas. I really hope that someone from the company sees the enthusiasm and these ideas...

Trust me they are seeing some of the ideas because alot of the great ideas come up to fruition. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:59 am

I feel like wave 2 will be four figures and based off previous designs:
Superman
Flash
Black Manta
Are all the most likely.
I’d guess that Cheetah could round out the wave.

But if they are going for a MOTU aesthetic...
Zatanna as a Sorceress/Evil Lyn mash up.
Hawkman as a Stratos.
Mr Mxzyptlk as Orko.
Blue Beetle as Buzz Off.
Swamp Thing as Moss Man.
Plastic Man as Mek a Neck.
Red Tornado as Sy-clone/Roboto.
Copperhead as King Hsss.

So many fun options.

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:45 am

Zantana would be awesome and would love to see a Red Tornado. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

Chernabog

Postby Chernabog » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:13 pm

Got my friend Hal and she absolutely loves it! Glad people can get enjoyment out of this set

Return to “Action Figures”