Is Funko still making Vinyl Idols?

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
TheGeorge

Is Funko still making Vinyl Idols?

Postby TheGeorge » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:59 pm

I think the last “new” Vinyl Idols I’ve seen we’re Batman Vs Superman ones. Have they been discontinued or just not as popular so you’re not seeing them on store shelves anymore?
:freddy1:

Classier

Re: Is Funko still making Vinyl Idols?

Postby Classier » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:24 pm

Nope. They didn’t sell well enough.

Funko5ker

Postby Funko5ker » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:54 am

That's too bad. I really liked this line.
Was hoping for the rest of the Seinfeld cast someday.
Rob

ISO
Yoda Freddy
Orange Tux Freddy Wobbler
Scottie Dog Wobblers

Vegas_Bill

Postby Vegas_Bill » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:15 pm

I wish they would bring them back. I like them so much better than Dorbz and VYNL.

IMFunkoJeff

Postby IMFunkoJeff » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:31 am

I really liked that line too. I had high hopes when they originally announced their partnership with A Large Evil Corporation (Evil Corp) to make the figures but, in the end, it just didn’t work out for the Vinyl Idolz line.
:SW3:

Sincerely,
Jeffrey

Collecting Funko since the late 2000s. I love all things Funko, especially Pop! Vinyl, Wacky Wobblers, and Vinyl Idolz. I’ve also been collecting autographed Pops, Wobblers, and Vinyl Idolz since 2014. I’ve collected almost every Deadpool Pop! Vinyl — with every possible USA and International LE sticker that Funko has made (as far as I’m aware) — and I’m missing just the three Freddy Funko SDCC Deadpool pieces.

IMFunkoJeff

Postby IMFunkoJeff » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:33 am

Here’s a link to the page at Evil Corp. where all the Vinyl Idolz are very nicely pictured: http://www.evilcorp.tv/vinyls/

Sincerely,
Jeffrey

Collecting Funko since the late 2000s. I love all things Funko, especially Pop! Vinyl, Wacky Wobblers, and Vinyl Idolz. I’ve also been collecting autographed Pops, Wobblers, and Vinyl Idolz since 2014. I’ve collected almost every Deadpool Pop! Vinyl — with every possible USA and International LE sticker that Funko has made (as far as I’m aware) — and I’m missing just the three Freddy Funko SDCC Deadpool pieces.

wenhol8710

Postby wenhol8710 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:33 am

Yeah as others said, this line didn't do that great and faded away like lots of others. I really like the Doc & Marty that I picked up a few years ago.

It's too bad this line ended though because it would have been the perfect style for some Rick and Morty figures.
wenhol8710 on Instagram

IMFunkoJeff

Postby IMFunkoJeff » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:46 pm

wenhol8710 wrote:Yeah as others said, this line didn't do that great and faded away like lots of others. I really like the Doc & Marty that I picked up a few years ago.

It's too bad this line ended though because it would have been the perfect style for some Rick and Morty figures.

Seriously!!! I would have soooooooooo loved to have seen a Rick and Morty Vinyl Idolz. And some Bob's Burgers too! And... And... And...! There are so many properties that would have been great for Vinyl Idolz. I do like when Funko takes some chances though like in the Vinyl Idolz line. I appreciate them trying new-look figures out. Some new lines may lose but some lines may definitely win. Speaking of new Funko lines that I hope will win would be the Vynl series. I am really warming up to the Vynl line. There's a Vynl Strange Brew two-pack coming out that I have to have and I just got some Cereal Vynl for my wife last night.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey

oobcollector

Postby oobcollector » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:27 pm

I really love the Vinyl Idolz line. too bad there's no more new releases. :( It looks so nice on the shelf!

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:53 pm

These really were fantastic looking figures. I picked up Michonne the other day for the photo a day contest. I really need to find a Clark Griswold!
I be Chris

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:54 am

I liked this line, too bad it kinda fizzled out.

Batty88

Postby Batty88 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:00 pm

Agreed. I recently picked up A Willy Wonka, Stan Lee, Jesus and Dude from Big Lebowski. They look so amazing in their designs and displayed.
Jarrett Galante - Loner, Rebel, Money Burner! First The Wacky Wobblers Got Me, now the Vynl's have taken their hold. Proud to be a Funatic! Go Freddy Go!
Image Image

EZA

Postby EZA » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:14 pm

I have the Stan Lee and the Patrick Bateman they look amazing!

Eric collecting Funko since July 29, 2013 but a collector since 1977
Follow me on Instagram: needful_toys

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby kevinbuddha » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:26 pm

These pieces had a GREAT style to them, but my 2 cents is that they picked the wrong figures to produce to launch the line.
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

oobcollector

Postby oobcollector » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:31 pm

I think they were just testing the water at that time that's why it was just a niche line. Rick and Morty will look great though I think. I hope they make it and re-lauch the line. Maybe the price point is also a bit on the expensive side that's why it stays on store shelves longer.

kevinbuddha wrote:These pieces had a GREAT style to them, but my 2 cents is that they picked the wrong figures to produce to launch the line.

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:30 pm

oobcollector wrote:I think they were just testing the water at that time that's why it was just a niche line. Rick and Morty will look great though I think. I hope they make it and re-lauch the line. Maybe the price point is also a bit on the expensive side that's why it stays on store shelves longer.

kevinbuddha wrote:These pieces had a GREAT style to them, but my 2 cents is that they picked the wrong figures to produce to launch the line.

They retailed for $20 which is fair imo. The Vinyl Vixens (which came around the same time) are similar in size but were $30. Rock Candy kinda replaced them in a sense.

Unfortunately Funko isn't big into relaunching lines. If there was a line they could bring back it would be either this or blox (aside from wacky wobblers).
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

EZA

Postby EZA » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:08 am

I still see some of them on shelves discounted to $12-$15 which I think is good value especially in Canadian dollars which is about 36 cents US

Eric collecting Funko since July 29, 2013 but a collector since 1977
Follow me on Instagram: needful_toys

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:42 pm

I wasn't too fond of this line, aside from the Stan Lee Idol, and even then only because they had a life size version of him at HQ
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

Return to “Vinyl”