No love for Naruto?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
FunkoLoco

Re: No love for Naruto?

Postby FunkoLoco » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:05 am

Other animes need more exposure. Less DBZ and more of other anime, i'd say hehe.
ImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:11 am

FunkoLoco wrote:Other animes need more exposure. Less DBZ and more of other anime, i'd say hehe.

I agree but do feel bad for DBZ collectors. Lately with the funimation and over9k seems like a lot of their releases lately are exclusive and not easy to get lol
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:40 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
FunkoLoco wrote:Other animes need more exposure. Less DBZ and more of other anime, i'd say hehe.

I agree but do feel bad for DBZ collectors. Lately with the funimation and over9k seems like a lot of their releases lately are exclusive and not easy to get lol

We are the new Scott Pilgrim collector lol. Having said that I appreciate the latest release from GS being easy to get and very nice looking.
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

Schl0

Postby Schl0 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:17 am

We might not be getting a new mold with the Flocked Kurama, but at least we know the line isn’t completely dead. Still waiting for more news about that Sasuke we heard about a while ago, but that might have been fake.
-Eric-
IG: @artbyschlo

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:48 am

theoneupper02 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

We are the new Scott Pilgrim collector lol. Having said that I appreciate the latest release from GS being easy to get and very nice looking.

Don't get me wrong, i love DBZ and have a few. SSB Vegito is hella cool too! But there are still a lot of unmade anime hehe. just saying.

Love the scott pilgrim set too though it took a while to complete. Funko releasing one evil ex per con! Haha. I wonder if they have run out of Scott Pilgrim to release since the evil exes are done. unless they make Scott's friends as well?
ImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:51 am

FunkoLoco wrote:
theoneupper02 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, i love DBZ and have a few. SSB Vegito is hella cool too! But there are still a lot of unmade anime hehe. just saying.

Love the scott pilgrim set too though it took a while to complete. Funko releasing one evil ex per con! Haha. I wonder if they have run out of Scott Pilgrim to release since the evil exes are done. unless they make Scott's friends as well?

Until this last release Doctor who was the same we got one character per con

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:10 am

hailmary25 wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
I just preordered online and was able to get free ship to home so I am good to go.

I didn't pre order the Super Saiyan Gooku 3 and Super Sayian 2 Gohan from Gamestop and I cannot seem to locate them anywhere at local stores. It seems that more these days if you don't pre order a Gamestop exclusive itis almost impossible to find them. The stores used to carry at least 4-10 exclusives at the first release but they do not do this anymore which I find weird.

Does anyone notice or have this issue with Gamestop and their Exclusives ?

I noticed this with my stores, I haven't seen the flocked Hedwig anywhere.

It looks like I learned my lesson and I'm going to need to pre order any Gamestop Pop that I want versus trying to catch it on the release day at the store. This is the second time I have struck out and been forced to resort to Ebay. :mad:
Hulk Smash!
Member: KY Funko League of Awesomeness
IG: @HauckBuster007
IG: @SuperFunkoBros
Favorite Character: Incredible Hulk

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:13 am

Schl0 wrote:We might not be getting a new mold with the Flocked Kurama, but at least we know the line isn’t completely dead. Still waiting for more news about that Sasuke we heard about a while ago, but that might have been fake.

I'm pretty disappointed in the Flocked Kurama versus a new Naruto Character or the Sasuke with Scar that we saw on a cheat sheet.
I think I am going to be passing on the flocked Kurama since I have the regular and the GITD Kurama Mode Kurama. I don't need a 3rd one with him being flocked.

Funko we want new characters and not just fuzzy fabric put on existing molds.

Sincerely, your loyal Anime fans.
Hulk Smash!

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:14 am

I am a diehard DBZ fan and I agree with you. It has been nothing but DBZ drops and there is so many other Anime's that they could create instead of creating another Star Wars line with DBZ.
Hulk Smash!

alkatraz1

Postby alkatraz1 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:42 am

Can we get a pain pop , or itch or madara like the first two waves sold out fairly quickly and their really popular

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:47 am

alkatraz1 wrote:Can we get a pain pop , or itch or madara like the first two waves sold out fairly quickly and their really popular

Can’t argue with those. So many characters that Funko can make pops for in the Naruto line
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

Schl0

Postby Schl0 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:07 am

alkatraz1 wrote:Can we get a pain pop , or itch or madara like the first two waves sold out fairly quickly and their really popular

They could legit put out a wave of only Akatsuki members and I think it would sell like hot cakes!
-Eric-

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:56 am

Hauckbuster007 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:
I didn't pre order the Super Saiyan Gooku 3 and Super Sayian 2 Gohan from Gamestop and I cannot seem to locate them anywhere at local stores. It seems that more these days if you don't pre order a Gamestop exclusive itis almost impossible to find them. The stores used to carry at least 4-10 exclusives at the first release but they do not do this anymore which I find weird.

Does anyone notice or have this issue with Gamestop and their Exclusives ?

It looks like I learned my lesson and I'm going to need to pre order any Gamestop Pop that I want versus trying to catch it on the release day at the store. This is the second time I have struck out and been forced to resort to Ebay. :mad:

Either way you lose cause if its like my store they wont call you and then they will just sell it anyway even if you preordered

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:28 am

My husband is a huge Naruto fan. He started reading the manga when he was a kid so it has a huge nostalgia factor for him. I agree with other posters that while the flocked Kurama isn’t a brand new mold, they may be at least testing the waters to see if there is still interest in the Naruto line.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:56 am

There's a huge crowd for Naruto! Not sure why Funko hasn't made another run.

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:59 am

hailmary25 wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Either way you lose cause if its like my store they wont call you and then they will just sell it anyway even if you preordered

Yeah, I have been seeing a lot of that lately too. I have been ordering my pre orders online and having them shipped to my home instead of the store. This way it can only be stolen or lost by the shipping company and not the retail store employee.
Hulk Smash!

WarHmongHer

Postby WarHmongHer » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:58 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Schl0 wrote:Anyone who knows me understands my love for Naruto. Especially the pops. I really hope this line doesn’t die before I get a Rock Lee pop. The possibilities are endless. I hope this break from the series has been due to some awesome design work for the next wave! One can dream, right!?

Sad to say I think its more to the show finishing. But a Rock Lee pop would look crazy awesome.

I want to agree with this. The show was amazing but I think because its finished theres not much hype around it. MHA is hot right now so it makes sense to make figures that will sell. Would be nice to get more characters though. I feel the same way with the bleach line. Glad they released 3 more at least.

Schl0

Postby Schl0 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:52 am

Yeah I couldn’t agree more with the idea of selling what’s hot right now aka MHA and with the Broly movie coming out we will most likely continue seeing a huge influx of DBz pops. Even if we got one new Naruto pop a year I would be happy lol
-Eric-

Mags

Postby Mags » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:31 pm

Schl0 wrote:Yeah I couldn’t agree more with the idea of selling what’s hot right now aka MHA and with the Broly movie coming out we will most likely continue seeing a huge influx of DBz pops. Even if we got one new Naruto pop a year I would be happy lol

Something tells me we're going to see one or two new Broly pops in the near-ish future.

And going along with the "what's hot" discussion, outside of a handful of really popular characters like Rock Lee I think any new Naruto pops would be Boruto characters.

Schl0

Postby Schl0 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:19 pm

Mags wrote:
Schl0 wrote:Yeah I couldn’t agree more with the idea of selling what’s hot right now aka MHA and with the Broly movie coming out we will most likely continue seeing a huge influx of DBz pops. Even if we got one new Naruto pop a year I would be happy lol

Something tells me we're going to see one or two new Broly pops in the near-ish future.

And going along with the "what's hot" discussion, outside of a handful of really popular characters like Rock Lee I think any new Naruto pops would be Boruto characters.

Yeah I could definitely see the Naruto line transitioning to Boruto. I wouldn’t be upset, but they’d be missing the boat on soooo many amazing characters!
-Eric-

Karubin

Postby Karubin » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:35 pm

Funko is definitely milking with DBZ/DBS hype!! I don't mind that since DB is one line that I focus to have 100% minus PA.

I definitely don't mind they do more Naruto characters and other anime as well!!

Calvin
IG: karubin_funko
Twitter: Karubin_funko

Main Line: DBZ, MHA, Naruto, NBA, Anime, Kingdom Hearts, and Overwatch
Sub Line: Freddy Funko, Pop Asia, Marvel, DC, and etc.
Pop!: 2,000+
Dorbz: 150+
ISO: Atomic Freddy & Hall H Freddy

Funko events attended FUNday 2019: Team Loko Moko, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FunKon 2021, Virtual FUNday 2021: Team Proto Punks

saban

Postby saban » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:01 pm

My main hope is that they do other characters instead of reiterations of current ones. I don't need anymore Naruto or Kurama variants when I still don't have an Itachi or Hinata.
IG: vickyisodd

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:48 pm

hailmary25 wrote:

I'm okay with the onslaught of Dragonball but I really do hope they put emphasis on other anime as well. I like the fact that they dropped a new Full Metal Alchemist wave along with exclusive as well as those Bleach exclusives. Definitely satisfactory.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:48 pm

hailmary25 wrote:

I'm okay with the onslaught of Dragonball but I really do hope they put emphasis on other anime as well. I like the fact that they dropped a new Full Metal Alchemist wave along with exclusive as well as those Bleach exclusives. Definitely satisfactory.
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:41 am

I like that there's more variety now, but there's much more unexplored territoy. Slam Dunk, Ranma, YuyuHakushou, etc. Old School. Haha. But i better be careful for what i wish for. Wallet's gonna bleed.
ImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:41 am

saban wrote:My main hope is that they do other characters instead of reiterations of current ones. I don't need anymore Naruto or Kurama variants when I still don't have an Itachi or Hinata.

Two I want the most!

saban

Postby saban » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:20 am

hailmary25 wrote:
saban wrote:My main hope is that they do other characters instead of reiterations of current ones. I don't need anymore Naruto or Kurama variants when I still don't have an Itachi or Hinata.

Two I want the most!

Brilliant minds ;-)
IG: vickyisodd

Submyst

Postby Submyst » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:36 am

Harry potter should be made into an anime

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:59 am

These are the following characters that I would like to see Funko make in the next Naruto wave.

Jiraiya
Might Guy
Gaara
Madara Uchiha
Hashirama Snju
Minato

Then they need to make all 10 6" tailed beast Pops!
Hulk Smash!

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:03 pm

If Boruto was more popular in the west, I'm pretty sure we would get more characters by now :(

Too bad it's not doing as well as DB Super
Will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo releases Mother 3?

Schl0

Postby Schl0 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:25 am

Hauckbuster007 wrote:These are the following characters that I would like to see Funko make in the next Naruto wave.

Jiraiya
Might Guy
Gaara
Madara Uchiha
Hashirama Snju
Minato

If I hear you say that they need to make all of the Tailed Beasts one more time... haha jk lol I like that list with a couple changes I’d have to make.
-Eric-

EZA

Postby EZA » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:55 am

Shoriyuken wrote:I guess I'm just wondering. Why isn't there more Naruto pops? I mean it's a very long and popular show. One can argue that It has way better story than Dragon ball and first than MHA. With all the Dragon Ball and MHA (my hero academia) love, I'm just wondering why isn't there more Naruto pops? There so much potential out there with a huge variety of characters to choose from. Akatsuki, the legendary sanins, the hokages, and even all the beasts. Wow, I just keep going on and on. Come on Funko can you give me more Naruto pops? Please....

I think there have been 12 releases which is 3 times as many as Simpsons and with 1/3 of the episodes just saying LOL

Eric collecting Funko since July 29, 2013 but a collector since 1977
Follow me on Instagram: needful_toys

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:03 pm

Hauckbuster007 wrote:These are the following characters that I would like to see Funko make in the next Naruto wave.

Jiraiya
Might Guy
Gaara
Madara Uchiha
Hashirama Snju
Minato

With the cursed Sasuke leak I think there is a small glimpse of hope for these pops. Jiraiya is my top want.
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

iRomey74

Postby iRomey74 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:34 pm

i want obito, madara, 8 tails, anime moment kakashi vs obito there are so many you can do
Sdcc: 2012,2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2022
Fundays: struck out every year since 2012

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:22 pm

I'm still going to say I want Rock Lee - lol Im just coming back to remind Funko that I am requesting Rock Lee above all else lol
PopPChulo

Mags

Postby Mags » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:52 pm

PopPChulo wrote:I'm still going to say I want Rock Lee - lol Im just coming back to remind Funko that I am requesting Rock Lee above all else lol

Gotta give some love to the best character!

mariog1497

Postby mariog1497 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:00 am

I just want more tailed beasts or akatsuki members :(
I get that Dragon Ball has become so popular within the west, and even for viewers who don't necessarily watch other anime, so the pops would attract more people to buy them, but Naruto is up their in popularity too!
Hey, I'm Mario! | Collector since 2015 | IG: @CoppedEmAll

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:27 pm

Mags wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:I'm still going to say I want Rock Lee - lol Im just coming back to remind Funko that I am requesting Rock Lee above all else lol

Gotta give some love to the best character!

Lol Exactly - Jinchuriki's and the Uchihas are all good and dandy - but I want good old fashion Tai Jutsu master Rock Lee at my disposal. He is literally my favorite character - and I think it would be EASY to do a Con version of him or even an exclusive or chase.
PopPChulo

SoulSnipers53

Postby SoulSnipers53 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:02 am

HT Nerdette announced yet another Naruto exclusive to be revealed next week. Hinted at it being a Kakashi variant.
Checkmate.

Submyst

Postby Submyst » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:43 am

Weeee neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed more SWORD ART ONLINE POPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GUN GALLLLLEEEEEEEEE. I NEEEEEEEED A PHOTON SWORD Kirito!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Return to “Pop!”