Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
Pkdiablo77

Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby Pkdiablo77 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:23 pm

Loving these new vynl products. How do they actually look in a wall or cabinet display compared to pops and dorbz?

Need to get
Ideas.

Thanks to all in advance for sharing your collection!

mohawkjones

Re: Vynl. Wall display? Please share

Postby mohawkjones » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:57 am

I ended up using the same CD towers I was using for my Hikari XS for Vynl and most sets fit side by side very well.

Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

EZA

Postby EZA » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:55 am

mohawkjones wrote:I ended up using the same CD towers I was using for my Hikari XS for Vynl and most sets fit side by side very well.

:eek: =P~

Eric collecting Funko since July 29, 2013 but a collector since 1977
Follow me on Instagram: needful_toys

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:57 am

Dang dude! That looks awesome!!

Pkdiablo77

Postby Pkdiablo77 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:51 pm

Holy smokes!!!! New display is insane bro!!!

Congrats. Wow. Love love it. Thank you!

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:55 pm

Dang very nice variety Shawn, i really like your setup. Looks so clean and sharp.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

PintSizeHulk
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby PintSizeHulk » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:53 am

Love your set up! Can’t wait to get a permanent living space so I can display my stuff again!
Chris
Instagram: PintSizeHulk

:happy1:
F.K.A vinyl addict / Hulk Smashington

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:02 pm

Shawn your display is ridiculously awesome :love10:

The Vynl 2-packs fit perfectly in the little gaps too which worked out perfectly for you!
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:09 pm

Awesome set up! Is that Green Batman a custom?
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

toro423
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby toro423 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:09 pm

Whoa love the way those are displayed!
Hi, Im Ed. OOB is the way to GO!
IG: eltoro423

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:42 am

Wow...that's quite a set-up and displayed perfectly :)

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:02 pm

Not to sound like an echo but WOW! That looks amazing.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:44 pm

BigM wrote:Awesome set up! Is that Green Batman a custom?

Thanks all!

Yes, that green Hikari Batman is a sweet custom courtesy of one Mr. Funkystark!
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:30 am

Love your setup! :love10:
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:22 am

Shawn- You should create a tutorial on how to display your collectibles effectively. You have the nicest looking set up I’ve seen!

Pkdiablo77

Postby Pkdiablo77 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:24 am

ghostrye wrote:Shawn- You should create a tutorial on how to display your collectibles effectively. You have the nicest looking set up I’ve seen!

The best display weve all ever seen!

Legion Of Boom
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby Legion Of Boom » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:16 pm

Very nice Shawn!
name's Av

Instagram - @av.cruz // Twitter - @avcruz76

IG & Twitter - @averagenerdpod

Fundays 2014 - Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2017 - Fundays 2018 - Fundays 2019 - Fundays 2022 - Fundays 2023
Fright Night 2016 - Fright Night II 2022

FDO8SF 2018 - FDO9SAC 2023
"Making Fun" World Premiere - Hollywood 2018
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2019
FunKon 2021 - FunKon 2022

bspears82

Postby bspears82 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:00 am

I like this setup. Nice :)

ShellyGt86

Postby ShellyGt86 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:22 pm

That’s amazing work. I can only imagine what it cost to create such an awesome collection. Love it.
To live will be a great Adventure... :grommit:Image]

Image[/url]

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:11 am

ShellyGt86 wrote:That’s amazing work. I can only imagine what it cost to create such an awesome collection. Love it.

You should see his Christmas tree that he decorated with hikaris! It is a kaleidoscope of color and looks amazing!

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:01 pm

ghostrye wrote:
ShellyGt86 wrote:That’s amazing work. I can only imagine what it cost to create such an awesome collection. Love it.

You should see his Christmas tree that he decorated with hikaris! It is a kaleidoscope of color and looks amazing!

I total forgot I did that! lol

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:29 am

mohawkjones wrote:
ghostrye wrote:

It’s such a cool looking tree and a clever use of the Hikari. I’m sure I wouldn’t be alone in asking you to please post a picture! They way they are somewhat transparent and the was the Christmas lights glow through the toys is very appealing.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:45 pm

ghostrye wrote:It’s such a cool looking tree and a clever use of the Hikari. I’m sure I wouldn’t be alone in asking you to please post a picture! They way they are somewhat transparent and the was the Christmas lights glow through the toys is very appealing.

Had to dig to find those pictures...

That was a fun tree. Might have to resurrect the idea this year.

Brutesquad

Postby Brutesquad » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:50 pm

I know this is a resurrected thread but man that is a great display you have/had! =D>

ShellyGt86

Postby ShellyGt86 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:41 pm

ghostrye wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:
ghostrye wrote:

It’s such a cool looking tree and a clever use of the Hikari. I’m sure I wouldn’t be alone in asking you to please post a picture! They way they are somewhat transparent and the was the Christmas lights glow through the toys is very appealing.

Oh my God, it’s awesomeness. I love Christmas. That would be a tree for all to admire. The lights with the Hikari’s just do it. You are a talented person. Looking forward to seeing your next project.
To live will be a great Adventure... :grommit:Image]

Image[/url]

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:53 am

mohawkjones wrote:
ghostrye wrote:It’s such a cool looking tree and a clever use of the Hikari. I’m sure I wouldn’t be alone in asking you to please post a picture! They way they are somewhat transparent and the was the Christmas lights glow through the toys is very appealing.

This is one of the coolest looking trees ever. The use of the Hikaris on the pale tree with the colorful lights is so aesthetically pleasing. Love it.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:46 pm

Brutesquad wrote:I know this is a resurrected thread but man that is a great display you have/had! =D>

Still have lol and thanks!

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:47 pm

ghostrye wrote:This is one of the coolest looking trees ever. The use of the Hikaris on the pale tree with the colorful lights is so aesthetically pleasing. Love it.

I still feel like a big dummy for never having taken a photo with the room lights off. D'oh! :banghead:

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:12 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
ghostrye wrote:This is one of the coolest looking trees ever. The use of the Hikaris on the pale tree with the colorful lights is so aesthetically pleasing. Love it.

I still feel like a big dummy for never having taken a photo with the room lights off. D'oh! :banghead:

Would it KILL you to go get it out of storage and set it up and decorate and take some pictures for us? ;-)

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:33 pm

Wow I just saw your pictures. Dope set up mohawkjones!
Collecting since 2015: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:19 pm

rontonsoup wrote:Wow I just saw your pictures. Dope set up mohawkjones!

Thanks!

Xenomorph

Postby Xenomorph » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:25 am

mohawkjones wrote:I ended up using the same CD towers I was using for my Hikari XS for Vynl and most sets fit side by side very well.

Nice set up! I really like the glass shelves. We were looking into switching out the shelves in our bookcases for glass ones but it turns out we have an older model Ikea bookcase and the new glass shelves they make don't fit.

Definitely going to keep this in mind when we move, just might have to garage sale the bookcases and get new ones.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:18 pm

Xenomorph wrote:Nice set up! I really like the glass shelves. We were looking into switching out the shelves in our bookcases for glass ones but it turns out we have an older model Ikea bookcase and the new glass shelves they make don't fit.

Definitely going to keep this in mind when we move, just might have to garage sale the bookcases and get new ones.

Do you have the IKEA Billy shelves? Mine are actually a mix of the older and newer models. The only real differences are the peg hole size (now smaller) and now the peg holes run the complete length of the cabinet. The glass shelf still fit, just not the pegs they come with. You can still use the old pegs and rest the glass sleeves on them, they are still stable. I got a box of kitchen cabinet shelf pegs from Home Depot that fit the old Billy peg holes perfectly but have a flat side sticking out that the glass rests on nicely.

Xenomorph

Postby Xenomorph » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:22 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
Xenomorph wrote:Nice set up! I really like the glass shelves. We were looking into switching out the shelves in our bookcases for glass ones but it turns out we have an older model Ikea bookcase and the new glass shelves they make don't fit.

Do you have the IKEA Billy shelves? Mine are actually a mix of the older and newer models. The only real differences are the peg hole size (now smaller) and now the peg holes run the complete length of the cabinet. The glass shelf still fit, just not the pegs they come with. You can still use the old pegs and rest the glass sleeves on them, they are still stable. I got a box of kitchen cabinet shelf pegs from Home Depot that fit the old Billy peg holes perfectly but have a flat side sticking out that the glass rests on nicely.

Yeah those are the ones. I'm going to have to double check with my girlfriend she was the one who looked into this and told me they don't fit. I hope it's just a matter of swapping out the pegs!

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:00 pm

Xenomorph wrote:Yeah those are the ones. I'm going to have to double check with my girlfriend she was the one who looked into this and told me they don't fit. I hope it's just a matter of swapping out the pegs!

You should be good. The new glass shelf pegs are locking once you get them in which is nice but not required by any means. IKEA didn't change the cabinet dimensions at all, the shelf area is the same size.

I bought a box of these that were nice since they have the flat side to rest against the glass cleanly. Not necessary but worked a little better.

calpolo17

Postby calpolo17 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:25 am

Nice set-up and tree...some great ideas.

pommefille

Postby pommefille » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:44 am

mohawkjones wrote:

Do you know when they changed the size by any chance? I have a lot of Billy shelves for my collection but it'll be good to know if I get any add-on shelves or additional units if they'll be different. Most of mine were bought in the last couple of years though so maybe they're all the 'new' style?
----ig: kavka twitter: kavka fb: kavka----

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:01 pm

pommefille wrote:Do you know when they changed the size by any chance? I have a lot of Billy shelves for my collection but it'll be good to know if I get any add-on shelves or additional units if they'll be different. Most of mine were bought in the last couple of years though so maybe they're all the 'new' style?

It's been 2–3 years now since I noticed it. The new & old shelves still fit each other just fine, it's just the peg/peg holes that are different - new ones have the smaller peg/hole system plus the peg holes now running the entire shelf length so better shelf placement options. The new shelves will still fit in the older Billys with the older sized pegs.

I've also noticed the new ones are a slightly more pure white but that may just be my old ones getting a little bit yellow with age.

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:45 pm

mohawkjones wrote:

That tree is so amazing!!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:12 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

That tree is so amazing!!

I agree! You’d think the Hikari would be too big to
Put on a Christmas tree, but it all works together so well.

Return to “Vinyl”