Disney Treasures: Dumbo

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Classier

Disney Treasures: Dumbo

Postby Classier » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:41 pm

The next Disney Treasures theme is Dumbo. Hot Topic is supposed to get these in on the 31st. What do you all think will be in it? Maybe a new Clown Dumbo?

lunarembrace

Re: Disney Treasures: Dumbo

Postby lunarembrace » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:03 pm

I'd love a clown Dumbo! Looking forward to seeing what's in this box. I wouldn't be mad with a Timothy plush, either. =oP
Melissa

The Popfather

Postby The Popfather » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:49 pm

lunarembrace wrote:I'd love a clown Dumbo! Looking forward to seeing what's in this box. I wouldn't be mad with a Timothy plush, either. =oP

A common clown Dumbo was my first thought too when I saw this announced. That would be amazing. They just did Dumbo and Timothy together last year for the Festival of Friends box, so I'm not sure what else they could do with Dumbo.
The Popfather- Head of the Popfia!

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:01 pm

I hope its Jim crow or pink elephants I want to see different characters that funko hasnt made
:freddy3:

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:55 pm

Jalapenopete wrote:I hope its Jim crow or pink elephants I want to see different characters that funko hasnt made

Yes ... Pink Elephants please.
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

GuruGuy128

Postby GuruGuy128 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:46 pm

Looking at previous Dumbo figures, thanks to PPG. All the Dumbo pops have just been of Dumbo himself so it's possible we may get a different character.
Guru Guy: The Disney and Subscription Box Guru

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:56 pm

I am super stoked that we are getting a Dumbo box! I am not surprised since the movie is coming out soon. I hope we get a new character but I wouldn't be surprised to get a new Dumbo variant of the main pop and maybe a mini of someone new (a crow or pink elephant).

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:51 pm

This is awesome. My baby boy was just born on 11/13 and the theme of his nursery and baby shower is dumbo, so this is a must get for my wife and I. I think a plushie would be awesome then I can give it to my boy.
Collecting since 2014

Classier

Postby Classier » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:02 pm

I don’t think the crows are going to be in this box at all. They’ve grown to be pretty controversial over the years.

GuruGuy128

Postby GuruGuy128 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:05 pm

I don't want to start any theories but Dumbo is also the first theme in the Disney Wisdom collection (which is a separate thing from this)

It would be coincidence if it followed the same path
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:00 am

I was a bit concerned when I first saw this reveal as Funko already did a Dumbo POP in their sub box (which I love) and Disney live action movies based on animated films usually do not get the POP treatment.
That being said my wish would be that we get a new character, however going by the HT trend of these boxes I see another movie moment or another Dumbo.
If we are to stick with the normal HT trend my wish would be:
Clown Dumbo, Dumbo in parade (as a single POP or as a movie moment), or a movie moment of Dumbo's mom holding baby Jumbo

"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

GuruGuy128

Postby GuruGuy128 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:17 pm

Battastic wrote:I was a bit concerned when I first saw this reveal as Funko already did a Dumbo POP in their sub box (which I love) and Disney live action movies based on animated films usually do not get the POP treatment.
That being said my wish would be that we get a new character, however going by the HT trend of these boxes I see another movie moment or another Dumbo.
If we are to stick with the normal HT trend my wish would be:
Clown Dumbo, Dumbo in parade (as a single POP or as a movie moment), or a movie moment of Dumbo's mom holding baby Jumbo

According to PPG all the Pops from Dumbo have all been of Dumbo and yes a clown Dumbo too, so I would like to see something else besides Dumbo

FiguredRetro

Postby FiguredRetro » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:31 pm

I would LOVE Dumbo's mother with a mini Dumbo. That's what I will probably need to get this. Or other new characters considering we've already had a Dumbo themed box and lots of Dumbo himself already.

Looking forward to the reveal!
:freddy1:
POPs: 1100
Dorbz: 26
Pint Size: 21
Funko's: 7
Soda: 2
Vinyl: 1

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:37 pm

OK maybe...juuuusst maybe we could get....
Mr. Stork with a baby Jumbo
Casey Jr POP ride
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:58 pm

FiguredRetro wrote:I would LOVE Dumbo's mother with a mini Dumbo. That's what I will probably need to get this. Or other new characters considering we've already had a Dumbo themed box and lots of Dumbo himself already.

I would love this idea as well.
Collecting since 2014

theoriginalz

Postby theoriginalz » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:44 pm

Who else misses Funko doing these directly? I'm super unimpressed with the Treasures since HT took over.
First POP! - 2012
First Fundays - 2019
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
First FDO - 2023
I LOVE Gold Vinyl
The United Funko Family

bug86

Postby bug86 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:33 pm

FiguredRetro wrote:I would LOVE Dumbo's mother with a mini Dumbo. That's what I will probably need to get this. Or other new characters considering we've already had a Dumbo themed box and lots of Dumbo himself already.

Yes. That would be great.
Live,Laugh and Funko. :freddy3:

Hey it's Ashley.

@backgotback on twitter and @alizpt on IG.

tlaloc666

Postby tlaloc666 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:36 pm

a pink or blue glow in the dark elephants

Kyko here !!

Tik tok : @kyko_tj
Tijuana The Happiest Place on Earth !!

Funko events attended
Fundays 2015
Fundays 2016
Funko Fright Night
Fundays 2017
Premiere Making Fun
Fundays 2018
Fundays 2019
HQ Hollywood Opening 2019
ECCC VIrtual Con 2020
Summer Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2021
Funko Fright Night 2 NYC 2022

GuruGuy128

Postby GuruGuy128 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:57 pm

I predict the Mini is Timothy, not a guess a prediction.

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:21 pm

Now this is something I've been mentioning as a box that could get exciting, a older property with potential for new products.
It needs to prove to me that it won't just put a new Dumbo, which best case would be a new clown, because I'm used to Hot Topic doing the most obvious characters as the Pop. Others have given just about every example that could happen, and my favorite would be a pink elephant.
I'm guessing other products will be a Dumbo Mini, Timothy plush and a Timothy keychain
:freddy4:

Animation (and occasionally Ad Icons) collector. Dorbz (RIP), Soda, Pop and Pez focused.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:41 am

tlaloc666 wrote:a pink or blue glow in the dark elephants

This would be awesome! I would love this or the idea above of Mrs. Jumbo with a mini Dumbo in her trunk.

Rgonzo103

Postby Rgonzo103 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:55 am

theoriginalz wrote:Who else misses Funko doing these directly? I'm super unimpressed with the Treasures since HT took over.

Yeah, I missed the good old days. The main thing is that it no longer is a subscription box and you have stake out when it's going to be released, which sucks if there's a lot of hype going on.

Annie_May13

Postby Annie_May13 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:09 pm

I’m excited for this box but I want a new character...unless it’s a new clown dumbo, I feel like any other dumbo pop will make its way to my cousin or niece :dumbo:
༻❀༺Girly girl from Texas who loves pink༻❀༺

༻♥༺Dream Pops: Studio Ghibli, Cardcaptor Sakura, more Sailor Moon, Rogue, Pokemon, and FruBa༻♥༺

Image Image ImageImage

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:41 pm

Rgonzo103 wrote:
theoriginalz wrote:Who else misses Funko doing these directly? I'm super unimpressed with the Treasures since HT took over.

Yeah, I missed the good old days. The main thing is that it no longer is a subscription box and you have stake out when it's going to be released, which sucks if there's a lot of hype going on.

I agree with you there - I miss knowing it will just get delivered to my house.

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:16 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
Rgonzo103 wrote:

They haven’t been selling well at my HT. All past boxes are sitting on shelves for months.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

CrushMcLovin

Postby CrushMcLovin » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:16 am

Do we think the Dumbo box will have an exclusive based on the new live action movie or likely to be based on the original film?
:freddy2:
Funatic since '13
Funko Collection Count: 962
http://www.TheVIParolaz.com
PROTO ISO: MCU / Disney Pixar

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:13 pm

i'm sure it'll just be another Dumbo, and it'd never happen but I remember as a kid thinking the Elephant monster was the coolest thing ever and always wanted a figure of it.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:11 am

volsspongebob wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
Rgonzo103 wrote:

They haven’t been selling well at my HT. All past boxes are sitting on shelves for months.

I agree they haven't been selling as well at HT as when Funko did them. My local HT sells out but it takes at least a month.

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:16 am

dexiesmom wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:I agree with you there - I miss knowing it will just get delivered to my house.

I agree they haven't been selling as well at HT as when Funko did them. My local HT sells out but it takes at least a month.

To me its ultimately about what happens when you get there at the store. You may have the intention to buy the Disney box before you arrive and then when you get to HT and see the wall of POPs you reconsider and place the funds earmarked for the Treasures box you place those funds on a HT exclusive POP that caught your eye.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:23 am

volsspongebob wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:

To me its ultimately about what happens when you get there at the store. You may have the intention to buy the Disney box before you arrive and then when you get to HT and see the wall of POPs you reconsider and place the funds earmarked for the Treasures box you place those funds on a HT exclusive POP that caught your eye.

That's true. I also truly miss the convince of having the box delivered to me bimonthly. I try my best to remember when to buy the box every time, but sometimes I don't remember the date it drops every month. Luckily they don't sell out fast so I still have a chance to get them every time! lol lol

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:55 am

dexiesmom wrote:
Rgonzo103 wrote:

Agree.
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:57 pm

Mr Yac wrote:i'm sure it'll just be another Dumbo, and it'd never happen but I remember as a kid thinking the Elephant monster was the coolest thing ever and always wanted a figure of it.

you never know with Funko....
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:54 pm

I miss the bi monthly box delivery also.
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

Angel 9708

Postby Angel 9708 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:21 am

Any chance there will be another tin in the box. I love those little guys. I can see timothy as a mini size for the tin.
Walking Dead Junkie! ImageImage

Mos_Eisley

Postby Mos_Eisley » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:59 pm

I was subscribed to all the boxes before but haven’t bought a Disney box since HT took over.

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:03 pm

So, what was with the Disney Treasures email sent out this morning from Funko? It mentioned if you wanted to stay up-to-date, to stay subscribed to the emails, but there was an option to unsubscribe. Does this mean that they may be trying to do something a little different soon with the boxes, and maybe trying more advertisement with Hot Topic? The Lilo and Stitch box wasn't terrible, but it's the only box that didn't sell out at my local HT.
Melissa

justjonnoh

Postby justjonnoh » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:36 pm

lunarembrace wrote:So, what was with the Disney Treasures email sent out this morning from Funko? It mentioned if you wanted to stay up-to-date, to stay subscribed to the emails, but there was an option to unsubscribe. Does this mean that they may be trying to do something a little different soon with the boxes, and maybe trying more advertisement with Hot Topic? The Lilo and Stitch box wasn't terrible, but it's the only box that didn't sell out at my local HT.

Was just coming to ask the same thing.

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:48 pm

justjonnoh wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:So, what was with the Disney Treasures email sent out this morning from Funko? It mentioned if you wanted to stay up-to-date, to stay subscribed to the emails, but there was an option to unsubscribe. Does this mean that they may be trying to do something a little different soon with the boxes, and maybe trying more advertisement with Hot Topic? The Lilo and Stitch box wasn't terrible, but it's the only box that didn't sell out at my local HT.

Was just coming to ask the same thing.

The same thing happened earlier this week with the Dc Legion of Collectors box. I think it was just an automated email that Funko forgot to shut off after stopping the service through them.
I wouldn't put much thought into it

Karubin

Postby Karubin » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:39 pm

I can't wait to see what they have in store for this box. Anything Dumbo is a need for me!!

Calvin
IG: karubin_funko
Twitter: Karubin_funko

Main Line: DBZ, MHA, Naruto, NBA, Anime, Kingdom Hearts, and Overwatch
Sub Line: Freddy Funko, Pop Asia, Marvel, DC, and etc.
Pop!: 2,000+
Dorbz: 150+
ISO: Atomic Freddy & Hall H Freddy

Funko events attended FUNday 2019: Team Loko Moko, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FunKon 2021, Virtual FUNday 2021: Team Proto Punks

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:57 pm

I’m a huge Disney fan, so I will definitely be getting this box. lol
I’m sure there will be spoiler of some sort showing the contents before it’s released.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Return to “Powered by Funko”