Harry Potter 24pc Pocket Pop! Advent Calendar

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
NCDS

Re: Harry Potter 24pc Pocket Pop! Advent Calendar

Postby NCDS » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:07 pm

This thread needs some pictures in it :) to help sooth the souls of those who missed out (AKA me).
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

mactds

Postby mactds » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:11 pm

Really love having all of these Pocket Pops to save space, and still have a ton of HP characters in my collection :)
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:12 pm

mactds wrote:Really love having all of these Pocket Pops to save space, and still have a ton of HP characters in my collection :)

Same! I don't have as many of the HP Pops due to space constraints (I have all the minis) so it's kinda nice to have the same styles as their bigger counterparts while conserving shelf space :)
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

RyGuySlytherin

Postby RyGuySlytherin » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:54 pm

I started using Poster Tack on the feet because these kept falling so much.

Does anyone have a suggestion for how to display these after Christmas? I saw a Reddit post a while back of someone who displayed these in some kind of display box from Michaels. I did manage to find one that was listed for Pint Size Heros but I'm not sure how different Pocket Pops are in size from those :/

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:58 pm

I leave for my trip tomorrow morning, so going to just open all the rest of them before I leave. I decided not to take them with me because they're all in clear bags already, so no point in the surprise. But excited to see the last few. Been a really cute advent calendar.
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

Mags

Postby Mags » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:09 pm

RyGuySlytherin wrote:I started using Poster Tack on the feet because these kept falling so much.

Does anyone have a suggestion for how to display these after Christmas? I saw a Reddit post a while back of someone who displayed these in some kind of display box from Michaels. I did manage to find one that was listed for Pint Size Heros but I'm not sure how different Pocket Pops are in size from those :/

I want to say PSH are only slightly smaller than Pocket Pops, but I would double-check that

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:52 am

RyGuySlytherin wrote:I started using Poster Tack on the feet because these kept falling so much.

Poster Tack is a brilliant idea, and I'm embarrassed I didn't think of it! I've just been leaning them up against their boxed pop counterparts (or as close as I can get). I did, just to troll myself, swap Fred and George with each other.

Gotta say, I think they did a great job with this set, and it's been super fun to open each day! And it's nice to come home to a 'surprise' if the day has been rough!!
Image ImageImage Image

jcowden5984

Postby jcowden5984 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:17 pm

Mags wrote:

I want to say PSH are only slightly smaller than Pocket Pops, but I would double-check that

I googled the sizes and they both say 1.5 inches. Hope that helps!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:48 am

While awesome these things were a pain in the a**. Everytime someone stepped too hard or bumped bookself tumble tumble they would all go. I always came home with them on their heads lol.

Thats being said please Continue to do this Funk. I loved it.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

stacyinil

Postby stacyinil » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:03 pm

I got a display case at Michaels over in the jewelry aisles last year for the PSH. I just checked and all the Pocket Pops (no Lupin) that were in the Harry Potter Advent Calendar I received fit in the case including Hagrid.

Here are the figures in the case with the lid closed.

ImageHarry Potter Advent Calendar Pocket Pops Display case by stacyinil, on Flickr

Then with the lid open.

ImageHarry Potter Advent Calendar Pocket Pops Display case by stacyinil, on Flickr

It took some searching of their site since Michaels doesn't have the item named the same as the sticker on the item. Search their site for Burlap Tray with Lid by Bead Landing. It is currently on sale, so I'd wait for it to go back to regular price to use one of their coupons to get a lower price.

Stacy in IL

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:25 pm

stacyinil wrote:

I got a display case at Michaels over in the jewelry aisles last year for the PSH. I just checked and all the Pocket Pops (no Lupin) that were in the Harry Potter Advent Calendar I received fit in the case including Hagrid.

Here are the figures in the case with the lid closed.

Then with the lid open.

It took some searching of their site since Michaels doesn't have the item named the same as the sticker on the item. Search their site for Burlap Tray with Lid by Bead Landing. It is currently on sale, so I'd wait for it to go back to regular price to use one of their coupons to get a lower price.

Stacy in IL

This is awesome thanks

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:19 am

I got it for my daughter (9) and she absolutely loved them.

Well done Funko, on this calendar
I used to be a werewolf, but I’m alright nooooooooooow :cat:

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:33 pm

hailmary25 wrote:While awesome these things were a pain in the a**. Everytime someone stepped too hard or bumped bookself tumble tumble they would all go. I always came home with them on their heads lol.

I'm finding I really miss opening these each day! Really hope they do it again next year - but a wide variety of characters, and no exclusive boxes, please!
Image ImageImage Image

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:00 pm

Katers wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:While awesome these things were a pain in the a**. Everytime someone stepped too hard or bumped bookself tumble tumble they would all go. I always came home with them on their heads lol.

I'm finding I really miss opening these each day! Really hope they do it again next year - but a wide variety of characters, and no exclusive boxes, please!

I wouldn't mind a GOT one

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:39 am

hailmary25 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Actually - all things considered, it seems a bit odd now that it was only HP that got an advent calendar. Maybe it was a test run to see if people would buy it? They have so many great lines that they could give this treatment to! GOT makes perfect sense, as do many others!
Image ImageImage Image

dtmkyle

Postby dtmkyle » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:57 am

So we got through ours and my wife was wondering where voldemort was. Only took me over a month to even look to see which figures were gamestop exclusives lol. And go figure hes the most expensive one to buy seperate! Gonna have to snag all 3 of the GS exclusives! We really enjoyed this advent calendar! Hoping they do one next year for disney!!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:12 pm

Katers wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Actually - all things considered, it seems a bit odd now that it was only HP that got an advent calendar. Maybe it was a test run to see if people would buy it? They have so many great lines that they could give this treatment to! GOT makes perfect sense, as do many others!

I guess they thought HP would be safe. Popular line and non funko people love HP

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:32 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Katers wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

I guess they thought HP would be safe. Popular line and non funko people love HP

And they have enough characters already made/modeled that it was easy to make them into the pocket pops. They could probably do it with GOT, Marvel, DC, etc since those all have multiple waves out already too :)
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:02 pm

kihou wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Katers wrote:

And they have enough characters already made/modeled that it was easy to make them into the pocket pops. They could probably do it with GOT, Marvel, DC, etc since those all have multiple waves out already too :)

I think we will see 3 to 4 calendar options next year

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:13 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
kihou wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

I'll start saving up now lol
ISO Mystery Minis!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:15 pm

kihou wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
kihou wrote:And they have enough characters already made/modeled that it was easy to make them into the pocket pops. They could probably do it with GOT, Marvel, DC, etc since those all have multiple waves out already too :)

I'll start saving up now lol

My wife tolerated it this year but I feel she would kill me if there were multiple calendars I wanted

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:57 pm

my daugthers loved these we only did the common set
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:52 am

dtmkyle wrote:So we got through ours and my wife was wondering where voldemort was. Only took me over a month to even look to see which figures were gamestop exclusives lol. And go figure hes the most expensive one to buy seperate! Gonna have to snag all 3 of the GS exclusives! We really enjoyed this advent calendar! Hoping they do one next year for disney!!

Okay, I had to go look at ebay just to see what Voldemort is going for - yikes! Hope you can find a reasonable one to complete the set for you!

I'm hoping they do a LOT of these next year! I mean, my budget is not hoping this...but the rest of me wants them all!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:54 am

hailmary25 wrote:
kihou wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

I really would only need an MCU set...(I say knowing full well I'm probably lying to myself...!)
Image ImageImage Image

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:38 am

Katers wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
kihou wrote:And they have enough characters already made/modeled that it was easy to make them into the pocket pops. They could probably do it with GOT, Marvel, DC, etc since those all have multiple waves out already too :)

I really would only need an MCU set...(I say knowing full well I'm probably lying to myself...!)

Well you are in the HP one so assuming you bought that. Might at least buy two lol

TigerLily1276

Postby TigerLily1276 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:40 pm

Loved this advent calendar. Need to properly display it
ImageImage Image ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:58 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Katers wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Well you are in the HP one so assuming you bought that. Might at least buy two lol

Assuming they made a wave 2 of the HP advent calendar, I am absolutely in!

And yeah, I bought this year's - I'm one of the crazy people that bought it from GS & Target just so I had a complete set. Really hoping they don't pull that next year, could get expensive!
Image ImageImage Image

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:20 am

Katers wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Katers wrote:

And yeah, I bought this year's - I'm one of the crazy people that bought it from GS & Target just so I had a complete set. Really hoping they don't pull that next year, could get expensive!

Voldemort was only dif I could see

Lvpopcollector

Postby Lvpopcollector » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:15 am

hailmary25 wrote:
Katers wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:Well you are in the HP one so assuming you bought that. Might at least buy two lol

The two ghosts glow in the GameStop one as well.
:SW9:
Heather
Collector in Las Vegas since 2015

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:06 am

Lvpopcollector wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Maybe I missed over something, but there are two different calendars!? I just assumed mine from HT was the same as all the others :-k
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:51 am

thejosh2010 wrote:
Lvpopcollector wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Maybe I missed over something, but there are two different calendars!? I just assumed mine from HT was the same as all the others :-k

Gs got an exclusive

So far Voldemort and glow ghost is diff

Lvpopcollector

Postby Lvpopcollector » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:11 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
Lvpopcollector wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

GameStop had one that had 3 exclusives in it. The ghosts glow and there was a Voldemort instead of I think Lupin.
:SW9:
Heather
Collector in Las Vegas since 2015

sambunctious10

Postby sambunctious10 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:23 pm

I'm going to have to track down the Voldemort.

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:42 pm

Lvpopcollector wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:
Lvpopcollector wrote:

GameStop had one that had 3 exclusives in it. The ghosts glow and there was a Voldemort instead of I think Lupin.

That’s so silly!! Why would someone buy two for just 3 pieces ](*,) I didn’t open mine before the holidays so maybe I’ll have to find the other and return mine from HT. Thanks for the clarification!!
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:21 am

Lvpopcollector wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yeah, and for all that - my ghosts don't glow very brightly! I haven't yet gone out of my way to 'charge them up' for the glow, maybe I need to give that a try. So far, just a dim faint light.

Glad I'm not haunting ebay for Voldy or Lupin though. Good luck to everyone that is!
Image ImageImage Image

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:06 am

Katers wrote:
Lvpopcollector wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Yeah, and for all that - my ghosts don't glow very brightly! I haven't yet gone out of my way to 'charge them up' for the glow, maybe I need to give that a try. So far, just a dim faint light.

Glad I'm not haunting ebay for Voldy or Lupin though. Good luck to everyone that is!

Bwhahaha I Just looked at prices on Ebay and I do not need Voldemort that badly. I am about to sell my Lupin to cover some of the cost of the calendar lol.

stacyinil

Postby stacyinil » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:16 am

For those who are not super fussy, isn't the Pocket Pop keychain of Voldemort pretty much the same as the calendar version? I would think that the only difference would be the small hole left in his head once you remove the keychain.

evrythngzen

Postby evrythngzen » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:57 pm

For anyone that is keeping theirs and don't care about ruining the value, I glued mine to those little plastic disks you use to play bingo...it keeps them from constantly falling over....yes I know, now I can never sell them...I never would...they're mine. LOL
:freddy3: Collector, convention manager, all around nerdy weirdo!!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:37 pm

stacyinil wrote:For those who are not super fussy, isn't the Pocket Pop keychain of Voldemort pretty much the same as the calendar version? I would think that the only difference would be the small hole left in his head once you remove the keychain.

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:01 am

hailmary25 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Lvpopcollector wrote:

Bwhahaha I Just looked at prices on Ebay and I do not need Voldemort that badly. I am about to sell my Lupin to cover some of the cost of the calendar lol.

Isn't it nuts? I'm always mind-boggled when prices skyrocket for stuff.

Of course, I was really grateful for someone selling an extra Fred for a reasonable price when mine turned up missing an arm!
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Blind Bags”