Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
hailmary25

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby hailmary25 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:24 am

Dbratteli wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:I have seen fresh untouched cases at Wal-Mart's but that doesn't help those that need HT

Good to know, will have to check out walmarts.

I have given up on HT set

Yeah HT has prolly.moved on from these
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:43 pm

Still hoping once and awhile that it will be like Stranger Things and just randomly get restocked months later.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:57 pm

yeah I think HT is totally done with these. Randomly saw some cases in Targets, but they always have at least 2 missing so I don't want to take any chances.
Hi, I'm Merri!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:16 pm

It stung to pay Ebay prices at the time for the HT exclusives but hindsight being 20/20 it worked with the value shooting up.

Velmeran

Postby Velmeran » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:34 pm

hailmary25 wrote:It stung to pay Ebay prices at the time for the HT exclusives but hindsight being 20/20 it worked with the value shooting up.

Haven't looked recently, how bad at the prices on the HT ones now?

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:41 pm

Velmeran wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:It stung to pay Ebay prices at the time for the HT exclusives but hindsight being 20/20 it worked with the value shooting up.

Lurtz and Ewoyn was high $100 to low $200 last I checked, with the Witch king in the low $100(Found him in the wild had to pay for Lurtz and Ewoyn)

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:11 pm

I went to Barnes yesterday for the comic con pops and they had a fresh case of Barnes and noble exclusives! They were hidden but managed to get the gitd Galadriel! Has anyone else seen another restock?

TheWordWizard

Postby TheWordWizard » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:04 pm

I just saw a fresh restock case of the Barnes and Noble exclusives too. I got two, hoping for the Galadriel, but I got Aragorn and merry instead, which was fine by me. I've now bought eight, and not only have a still not gotten a repeat, but I have the main five I wanted; Aragorn and the Hobbits.

nyc_collector315

Postby nyc_collector315 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:07 pm

I still need those hot topic exclusives. Starting to think its not gonna happen. LoL

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:22 pm

TheWordWizard wrote:I just saw a fresh restock case of the Barnes and Noble exclusives too. I got two, hoping for the Galadriel, but I got Aragorn and merry instead, which was fine by me. I've now bought eight, and not only have a still not gotten a repeat, but I have the main five I wanted; Aragorn and the Hobbits.

Nice! Congrats on no duplicates! Haha I got so many Frodo’s and sams trying to get merry and pippin!

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:45 am

Velmeran wrote:

Bad! I check often for Lurtz and always around $200 :(
It’s me Lynda

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:13 am

RBlue30 wrote:
TheWordWizard wrote:I just saw a fresh restock case of the Barnes and Noble exclusives too. I got two, hoping for the Galadriel, but I got Aragorn and merry instead, which was fine by me. I've now bought eight, and not only have a still not gotten a repeat, but I have the main five I wanted; Aragorn and the Hobbits.

Nice! Congrats on no duplicates! Haha I got so many Frodo’s and sams trying to get merry and pippin!

I’ve got a bunch of Pippins, but no Merry lol
I used to be a werewolf, but I’m alright nooooooooooow :cat:

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:36 pm

Pryde72 wrote:
RBlue30 wrote:

I’ve got a bunch of Pippins, but no Merry lol

haha what a pain! I'm sorry! once i got 1 of each i just stopped buying them, otherwise id offer to trade! good luck finding merry!

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:08 pm

My Barnes and Noble just re-stocked the LOTR set. I was surprised to see two fresh cases on the shelf. I know there's likely no hope for HT to re-stock, but at least the BN exclusives appear to be obtainable for some at retail, still.

Lady_Macbeth

Postby Lady_Macbeth » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:37 am

Hey, all. I'm still on the hunt for various LOTR commons, including Arwen, Merry, Pippin, and Sauron. I'd love to acquire Eowyn (as Dermhelm), but let's face it; I don't have $180 lying around for a tiny sculpted vinyl. But, if you have any of the previously mentioned commons and are willing to part with them, please PM me. Thanks!
"I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal." - Jane Austen

rtb1980

Postby rtb1980 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:20 am

Does anyone think these might be vaulted soon? I noticed that Walmart has stopped selling them and GameStop will only allow you to order 2 or 3. B&N still has them though, but who knows for how long.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:07 pm

rtb1980 wrote:Does anyone think these might be vaulted soon? I noticed that Walmart has stopped selling them and GameStop will only allow you to order 2 or 3. B&N still has them though, but who knows for how long.

Do minis ever become officially "Vaulted"?

rtb1980

Postby rtb1980 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:18 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
rtb1980 wrote:Does anyone think these might be vaulted soon? I noticed that Walmart has stopped selling them and GameStop will only allow you to order 2 or 3. B&N still has them though, but who knows for how long.

Hmm. That's a good question. I'll do some research!

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:38 pm

rtb1980 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

They do indeed get vaulted! There aren't many vaulted sets, but they are shown on the bottom of this page(when you view 120 items per page): https://www.funko.com/products/all/brands/mystery-minis
Hi, I'm Merri!

rtb1980

Postby rtb1980 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:23 pm

synergy56 wrote:
rtb1980 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

They do indeed get vaulted! There aren't many vaulted sets, but they are shown on the bottom of this page(when you view 120 items per page): https://www.funko.com/products/all/brands/mystery-minis

Very cool, thank you for sharing, I forgot that was there.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:03 pm

all I wanted was a Nazgul, a dream that I have given up on after my 5 Aragorn and 3 Sam

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:44 pm

I always wondered why Hot Topic (a massive Funko purchaser/seller) always skimps out on the MM Exclusives and Barnes (also a huge but probably not as MASSIVE Funko purchaser/seller) seems to have an excess. It's nuts and I, along with many of you, do not like it :mad: :wwe8: .
I be Chris

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:29 am

rtb1980 wrote:
synergy56 wrote:
rtb1980 wrote:

Very cool, thank you for sharing, I forgot that was there.

Almost 4 years in the game and still learn something new wow

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:38 pm

synergy56 wrote:
rtb1980 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

That list is interesting! Like Game of Thrones series 1 is in the top list, but Game of Thrones series 2 is vaulted.
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:04 pm

kihou wrote:
synergy56 wrote:
rtb1980 wrote:

That list is interesting! Like Game of Thrones series 1 is in the top list, but Game of Thrones series 2 is vaulted.

Do not know about you but I havent seen any series 1 boxes laying around lol. Not to mention I do not think anyone wants those big boxes back

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:28 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
kihou wrote:
synergy56 wrote:They do indeed get vaulted! There aren't many vaulted sets, but they are shown on the bottom of this page(when you view 120 items per page): https://www.funko.com/products/all/brands/mystery-minis

Do not know about you but I havent seen any series 1 boxes laying around lol. Not to mention I do not think anyone wants those big boxes back

Definitely don't want those ratios back lol But yeah, haven't seen any of those in a long time, so it's just odd that they aren't vaulted.
ISO Mystery Minis!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:49 pm

kihou wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
kihou wrote:That list is interesting! Like Game of Thrones series 1 is in the top list, but Game of Thrones series 2 is vaulted.

Definitely don't want those ratios back lol But yeah, haven't seen any of those in a long time, so it's just odd that they aren't vaulted.

No one at Funko has probaby thought to look at it in awhile.

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:12 am

These were so popular that I am ready for a second wave!

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:46 am

I came to Funko collecting late, so I've only had minis around for a few months, but one of the ones I've had longest is Frodo. Last night, however, was the first time I ever noticed that his sword Sting is glow in the dark. I haven't seen the figure describe as GitD anywhere, so I'm just wondering if that is normal, meaning everyone's does that. I also haven't seen any indication of a chase variant for that figure.

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:35 pm

buried_by_pops wrote:I came to Funko collecting late, so I've only had minis around for a few months, but one of the ones I've had longest is Frodo. Last night, however, was the first time I ever noticed that his sword Sting is glow in the dark. I haven't seen the figure describe as GitD anywhere, so I'm just wondering if that is normal, meaning everyone's does that. I also haven't seen any indication of a chase variant for that figure.

Yes, the sword glows on all the Frodo minis.

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:29 pm

I scored a Nazgul and 2 Saurons from Gamestop clearance so far :)

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:56 pm

Thanks for the reply GetLostYouPsycho

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:38 am

RobinBear177, are you ordering these online or just going to Gamestops that still have some left. It seems like getting them online would give you a better chance at something rare, if those are boxes that never made it into the wild.

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:33 pm

RobinBear177 wrote:I scored a Nazgul and 2 Saurons from Gamestop clearance so far :)

Thanks for the tip! I had no idea GameStop sold these. Will be checking today!

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:08 pm

Only started collecting last fall, so I missed the insanity when these were hot. Does anyone know if these made their way to Europe and Australia already? I found a European distributor whose website says common cases are expected in June 2019 and an Australian distributor whose website lists common and both exclusive cases with release dates of TBA. Just trying to figure out if there is still a chance of finding Eowyn and Lurtz without resorting to Ebay. Reading earlier posts in this thread makes it seem like buying exclusive cases won't guarantee it either, though.

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:54 pm

buried_by_pops wrote:Only started collecting last fall, so I missed the insanity when these were hot. Does anyone know if these made their way to Europe and Australia already? I found a European distributor whose website says common cases are expected in June 2019 and an Australian distributor whose website lists common and both exclusive cases with release dates of TBA. Just trying to figure out if there is still a chance of finding Eowyn and Lurtz without resorting to Ebay. Reading earlier posts in this thread makes it seem like buying exclusive cases won't guarantee it either, though.

Unfortunately Popculcha looks to be out of stock, not sure about other retailers. As you said, buying an exclusive case is not a guarantee since the two you listed are 1/72s so you'd have to get really lucky and get the magic cases that have those two.
ISO Mystery Minis!

FuegoGlorious

Postby FuegoGlorious » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:58 am

Bought a few on sale $1 boxes, snagged sauron and pippin.
:SW7a:

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:27 am

Thanks for the tip Fuego! I got Galadriel, Sauron, Pippin, and Merry for my set and was able to put together a nearly complete set for a friend. Now I just need the Nazgul (and the Hot Topic exclusives, but I have a mortgage to pay too lol ). Every store in my area had exactly one display case worth of these on clearance, unfortunately only one of them still had them in the case, so I had to buy all 12 at the other stores (I feel strange about weighing in-store, especially small ones like GameStops, not that it would have helped with the hobbits all being so similar).

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:34 pm

I wonder if there will be another set for the future Amazon show when that comes out.

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:54 pm

No way I can justify paying the eBay prices for the HT exclusives, which is a shame since they’re all I’m missing (and Merry).

Oh well...here’s hoping for a series 2!
I used to be a werewolf, but I’m alright nooooooooooow :cat:

Return to “Blind Bags”