Anyone else running out of room?

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
Boymom4

Re: Anyone else running out of room?

Postby Boymom4 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:02 pm

jagpop wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:I have been running out of room for well over 2 years and I just can't stop buying. I guess I need to sign up for Funko anonymous ;)

Post the hotline number, I need help as well. :D

lol maybe we need to work on forming a group ;) lol

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:03 pm

Boymom4 wrote:
jagpop wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:I have been running out of room for well over 2 years and I just can't stop buying. I guess I need to sign up for Funko anonymous ;)

Post the hotline number, I need help as well. :D

If we form a group it will turn into a Funatic Hangout...lol

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:23 pm

Totally out of room!

Rgonzo103

Postby Rgonzo103 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:33 pm

Sounds crazy but I only have a few Pops and Dorbz out right now. I used to have them out and it became so crazy. I had 6 walls lined up with Pops and it became too crazy. But when I moved I had to box them all up. Now, I literally have over 300 Pops all boxed up in my garage.

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:21 pm

jagpop wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:
jagpop wrote:Post the hotline number, I need help as well. :D

If we form a group it will turn into a Funatic Hangout...lol

Touché...u got me on that lol :)

bspears82

Postby bspears82 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:24 am

Everytime i think i ran out of room i always find someone new. Im like the show horders but ghe house is not dirty just full of funko stuff lol.

wuvvy

Postby wuvvy » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:20 am

I was out of room the moment I started collecting lol

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:10 pm

wuvvy wrote:I was out of room the moment I started collecting lol

Saaamee lol
Will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo releases Mother 3?

vrom

Postby vrom » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:48 pm

I just recently ran out of room and now I am looking for new ways to make space anywhere in my house lol.

XianLayva

Postby XianLayva » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:03 am

Yes, I need a bigger space!
One Life to Work It!

Image Image

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:19 am

Planning to buy a new shelf soon lol
Will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo releases Mother 3?

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:39 am

I know many many people who has collections in totes and in storage units. I just hope these units are temperature controlled. I heard someone had boxes on their porch. Its hard to imagine that moisture wouldnt harm the box.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:26 pm

Rgonzo103 wrote:Sounds crazy but I only have a few Pops and Dorbz out right now. I used to have them out and it became so crazy. I had 6 walls lined up with Pops and it became too crazy. But when I moved I had to box them all up. Now, I literally have over 300 Pops all boxed up in my garage.

no offense I am generally curious what is the point of having them if you cannot see them?
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:25 pm

Running out of room is a huge problem with any collector. It’s one of the reasons I love dorbz so much, you can fit so many more in your space
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:19 pm

I am mostly out of room
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

Colonel Churro

Postby Colonel Churro » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:22 pm

I was completely out of room in my basement which is why I now do droids and only droids
I am Juan....but you can call me The Colonel ;-)

Cephus

Postby Cephus » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:38 pm

hailmary25 wrote:no offense I am generally curious what is the point of having them if you cannot see them?

I can see mine, I just have to go look. I don't display any of my collectibles. Never have, never will.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:11 pm

Cephus wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:no offense I am generally curious what is the point of having them if you cannot see them?

I can see mine, I just have to go look. I don't display any of my collectibles. Never have, never will.

I guess I still dont get having a collection and putting it in a box somewhere. I get you can go look at it anytime you want but to me it defeats the purpose of collecting. But to each his own I guess.

FunkoAlphaBravo

Postby FunkoAlphaBravo » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:40 pm

I’m moving next summer and the plan is to have a room for all collectibles and signed SDCC posters!
Hi all! We’re Annie and Beto. We have been collecting since 2016
ImageImage
ImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:04 pm

its always a battle at home...my wife wants the office back but i need the space haha

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:52 pm

I'm trying to get to the point where I don't need storage bins and just everything that is displayed is what I have. But it's hard.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Karubin

Postby Karubin » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:13 pm

Most of my collections are in storage bins and boxes. Hope I will get my own home to display everything soon!!

Calvin
IG: karubin_funko
Twitter: Karubin_funko

Main Line: DBZ, MHA, Naruto, NBA, Anime, Kingdom Hearts, and Overwatch
Sub Line: Freddy Funko, Pop Asia, Marvel, DC, and etc.
Pop!: 2,000+
Dorbz: 150+
ISO: Atomic Freddy & Hall H Freddy

Funko events attended FUNday 2019: Team Loko Moko, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FunKon 2021, Virtual FUNday 2021: Team Proto Punks

Crazykidrev

Postby Crazykidrev » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:17 pm

I may have mentioned this in another thread in the past, but i’ve run out of room a while ago lol. What sucks is that my wife won’t let me buy a 3rd bookcase to display and store them so i had to resort to buying a few baseball bat cases. I also have about like 10 pops on the floor by my bookcase so i haven’t bought a pop in quite a while :(
ImageImageImage Image

ImageImage

What's up! I'm Stephan
ISO: Apex Legends Protos

Rgonzo103

Postby Rgonzo103 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:47 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Rgonzo103 wrote:Sounds crazy but I only have a few Pops and Dorbz out right now. I used to have them out and it became so crazy. I had 6 walls lined up with Pops and it became too crazy. But when I moved I had to box them all up. Now, I literally have over 300 Pops all boxed up in my garage.

no offense I am generally curious what is the point of having them if you cannot see them?

Just needed a break from constantly rearranging them. I had a Marvel, Anime/Video Games, GOT/Walking Dead and Disney wall so now I just collect individual ones and just display them through the house.

karinar1943

Postby karinar1943 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:02 pm

I also recently have had way too many Dorbz and pops so I donated a bunch through my work.
Traveling and pops are my game

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:54 pm

We been out of room for a while now. it hasn’t stopped us, just slowed us down a bit. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Cephus

Postby Cephus » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:55 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Cephus wrote:

I guess I still dont get having a collection and putting it in a box somewhere. I get you can go look at it anytime you want but to me it defeats the purpose of collecting. But to each his own I guess.

Of course, but most collectibles are not about display, they are about accumulation. People don't collect stamps and then hang them on their walls. They put them away in albums and protect them. Same with fine art collectors. Those paintings go into temperature controlled vaults, not on the wall. Same with coins, same with most non-toy collectibles. Of course, there is no right way or wrong way to do anything, it's your property, you can do whatever you want to with it, but I have never displayed a single collectible I have ever collected in my life. It's not about staring at my possessions, it's about knowing I have it. YMMV.

Xeverus86

Postby Xeverus86 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:32 am

I've had to limit my dorbz collection to flash only, ended up giving away all my others to my little nieces and they loved em
A.A. 7/18/19 :angel9:
FUNKO FUNDAYS '17
FUNKO FUNDAYS '18
FUNKO FUNDAYS '19
FUNKO HQ GRAND OPENING
MAKING FUN MOVIE PREMIERE
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
FUNKO FUNDAYS '22

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:21 am

I’ve run out of room a couple of times. The most Pops we had were about 700. We skimmed down to about 350-400 now, but are planning to slim down a bit more. Running out of room! Lol once we get a house, it’ll be a lot easier. I’m planning on taking them out of box and placing them in one of those IKEA glass cases.
Collecting since 2015: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

pinklaquer

Postby pinklaquer » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:12 am

rontonsoup wrote:I’ve run out of room a couple of times. The most Pops we had were about 700. We skimmed down to about 350-400 now, but are planning to slim down a bit more. Running out of room! Lol once we get a house, it’ll be a lot easier. I’m planning on taking them out of box and placing them in one of those IKEA glass cases.

We do that with home made risers. we have a box fold system that is in itself very space consuming.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:39 pm

Cephus wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Cephus wrote:

Of course, but most collectibles are not about display, they are about accumulation. People don't collect stamps and then hang them on their walls. They put them away in albums and protect them. Same with fine art collectors. Those paintings go into temperature controlled vaults, not on the wall. Same with coins, same with most non-toy collectibles. Of course, there is no right way or wrong way to do anything, it's your property, you can do whatever you want to with it, but I have never displayed a single collectible I have ever collected in my life. It's not about staring at my possessions, it's about knowing I have it. YMMV.

Still not on same page as you. I mean you bring up good points but coin and stamp collector put them in albums yes but those are easy to look at. Art collectors whether inside house or vault still hang it so easy to look at. When I a person just puts them in a storage bin if you have to go through all of it take them out to look at all of them that's just not an easy way to enjoy a collection. But you right everyone collects their own way so we will have to agree to disagree

Cephus

Postby Cephus » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:43 pm

hailmary25 wrote:Still not on same page as you. I mean you bring up good points but coin and stamp collector put them in albums yes but those are easy to look at. Art collectors whether inside house or vault still hang it so easy to look at. When I a person just puts them in a storage bin if you have to go through all of it take them out to look at all of them that's just not an easy way to enjoy a collection. But you right everyone collects their own way so we will have to agree to disagree

There's nothing to agree or disagree on. You do what you want to do with your property and I'll do what I want to do with mine. I honestly don't care if you light all of your Pops on fire. It means nothing to me. This isn't a contest. Your way isn't right and my way isn't wrong, or vice versa. What difference does it make?

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:23 pm

Cephus wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:Still not on same page as you. I mean you bring up good points but coin and stamp collector put them in albums yes but those are easy to look at. Art collectors whether inside house or vault still hang it so easy to look at. When I a person just puts them in a storage bin if you have to go through all of it take them out to look at all of them that's just not an easy way to enjoy a collection. But you right everyone collects their own way so we will have to agree to disagree

There's nothing to agree or disagree on. You do what you want to do with your property and I'll do what I want to do with mine. I honestly don't care if you light all of your Pops on fire. It means nothing to me. This isn't a contest. Your way isn't right and my way isn't wrong, or vice versa. What difference does it make?

Why you getting so angry over a simple conversation. Two people expressing their view points, no one said anything about a contest. Never said you were wrong and never said I was right. It is all good fam you do you and I will do me. It is okay for us to disagree just like in box collectors disagree with out of box. It is all good cause we collecting the same thing. Was just trying to have a convo.

Jtpeter65

Postby Jtpeter65 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:32 pm

Most of my pops are in bags and running out of room. I need to get organized and consolidate (Sell off some). Only focus on the collections I want to retain. I also need to get some Ikea shelving.

MagicCarpetRyde

Postby MagicCarpetRyde » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:21 am

I ran out of room years ago.. lol hasn't stopped me from buying though. Definitely made me focus my collection more
Collector since 2014
Love all things Batman!
MuchLove!
Tamer Elbanhawy

Image Image Image Image Image Image

OffTheCHENG

Postby OffTheCHENG » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:08 am

I'm always running out of room lol I've decided that I would only have two 5 level shelfs of pops and nothing more. It's really hard to decide what to display and what not too!
Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

XianLayva

Postby XianLayva » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:57 pm

Yes, space is at a premium and I live in a studio!
One Life to Work It!

Image Image

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:59 pm

I am out of room as well. I installed extra shelves to help, and some of my collections I went OOB with (gasp!) to save space
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:30 pm

I just reorganized my racks ... sigh. I have been forced to put a few lines in plastic bins for storage.

I'll have take them out and rotate the displays occasionally ](*,) 8-[

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

Cephus

Postby Cephus » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:43 pm

hailmary25 wrote:Why you getting so angry over a simple conversation. Two people expressing their view points, no one said anything about a contest. Never said you were wrong and never said I was right. It is all good fam you do you and I will do me. It is okay for us to disagree just like in box collectors disagree with out of box. It is all good cause we collecting the same thing. Was just trying to have a convo.

There's no anger. I explained my position. You keep disagreeing. I don't care what you do, I'm not telling you not to do it, you shouldn't care what I do or tell me what to do. It's that simple.

Return to “Dorbz”