We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
blue85butterfly

Re: Avatar the Last Airbender Pops!

Postby blue85butterfly » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:06 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
blue85butterfly wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Wooo congrats on family supporting you.

Truth be told I have gotten her most of her pops. I'm kinda sad though some one stole her first proto I got her.

That's a shame. That really is. Its just me in my household that collects. The wife is not a fan

I get that my family looks at me like im nuts but hey at least its not a bottle im buying ^^

Steelers8452

Postby Steelers8452 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:26 pm

My Local Hot Topic decided to let the first two people but all the chases yesterday. There were 8 of each Aang, Zuko, captain Marvel. Waited for 3 hours.

lrdavis28

Postby lrdavis28 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:10 am

wow, that super sucks, and its like ugghhhhhhhh
call me LD

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:24 am

Steelers8452 wrote:My Local Hot Topic decided to let the first two people but all the chases yesterday. There were 8 of each Aang, Zuko, captain Marvel. Waited for 3 hours.

That sucks. The one I was at gave us hand outs that said one of each style. They just had no Aangs. Went out today cause saw a lot of restocks on IG and while my local one got restock no chases came in I did get kakashi though.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

karvinzed

Postby karvinzed » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:12 pm

My local HT got the regular ones yesterday and then 3 of the chase Aangs today. Wasn’t fast enough and now I’m so sad. Do we know if there will be periodic restocks??

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:18 pm

Steelers8452 wrote:My Local Hot Topic decided to let the first two people but all the chases yesterday. There were 8 of each Aang, Zuko, captain Marvel. Waited for 3 hours.

I know this sounds a little bad, but I'd totally write an email to corporate somehow. Not HT customer service. But that sounds super fishy. I'm pretty sure it's a policy that stores aren't allowed to sell more than 1 chase per person, period. Not 1 of each chase or anything. That just sounds like an employee helping friends. I'd even name drop, and say how long you waited in line.

I'd be pretty p*** off, especially if I waited 3 hours.
Melissa

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:19 pm

Ugh...I'm sorry. That would totally p*** me off too! :mad:
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

ANT_206

Postby ANT_206 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:19 pm

Second time ever lining up for pops (outside of cons) and was lucky enough to score both chases at HT! Worth the 4 hour wait :cheers: Aang is my first ever HT chase too!! Couldn't have picked a better one to "pop" my cherry *crickets*
Alan | Seattle-based collector | 1/5 of the Funko Funboys
Funko collection started 11/6/2013

Steelers8452

Postby Steelers8452 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:19 pm

lunarembrace wrote:

I know this sounds a little bad, but I'd totally write an email to corporate somehow. Not HT customer service. But that sounds super fishy. I'm pretty sure it's a policy that stores aren't allowed to sell more than 1 chase per person, period. Not 1 of each chase or anything. That just sounds like an employee helping friends. I'd even name drop, and say how long you waited in line.

They have a sign that says 1 chase per customer. There were 15 people in line easily. Everyone should’ve been able to get at least something if they have that many on a big release day and people are waiting. I hate to be like that and have to make a complaint against people, but maybe it’s the only way something will be done.

evanbeans100

Postby evanbeans100 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:57 pm

Steelers8452 wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:

They have a sign that says 1 chase per customer. There were 15 people in line easily. Everyone should’ve been able to get at least something if they have that many on a big release day and people are waiting. I hate to be like that and have to make a complaint against people, but maybe it’s the only way something will be done.

Holy cow. That is terrible. And to be honest, those first people in line should be ashamed.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:02 pm

Ah the joys of small town living- everything new stocked this morning and not a single chase amongst them. Oh well :-/
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:05 pm

lunarembrace wrote:

HT I went to gave out numbers and on it said you can buy 1 of each chase Variant. Seems like across the board each HT does there own

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:25 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:

HT I went to gave out numbers and on it said you can buy 1 of each chase Variant. Seems like across the board each HT does there own

I guess my stores are super strict. Haha. You can only have one chase, no matter how many different characters, at both local stores. Which, honestly, sounds totally fair to me! There's always drama with these drops, sadly, it seems like. At least I haven't heard any stories yet of fights breaking out with this release.

I'd rather take my chances online ever since I waited for the Maleficent chase. Don't want to go through that again. xD
Melissa

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:53 pm

lunarembrace wrote:

I'd email both HT customer service and Funko, especially if there was a sign saying there's a limit. I know sometimes stores do their own thing but that's definitely not right. I'm sure I would've complained loudly and caused a verbal riot.
Jenny
For more fun on IG: @harrypopter

Harry Potter. Disney villains.

Fundays 2017 :freddy1:

Steelers8452

Postby Steelers8452 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:47 pm

HarryPOPter wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:

I'd email both HT customer service and Funko, especially if there was a sign saying there's a limit. I know sometimes stores do their own thing but that's definitely not right. I'm sure I would've complained loudly and caused a verbal riot.

As it worked out, it went in store today after getting 12in of snow and there was Aang Chase sitting there with no one else in there. However, there actions last week were out of line. Glad I got it:)

OriginalDuffy

Postby OriginalDuffy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:02 pm

They look so amazing now that they were made, got to get them all
Image Image
Image Image

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:00 pm

Congrats to everyone who managed to get one.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:29 pm

Dang Zuko Chase is climbing. Hope it drops eventually and like most 1/6 chase ends around 20ish

h3wi3

Postby h3wi3 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:05 pm

hailmary25 wrote:Dang Zuko Chase is climbing. Hope it drops eventually and like most 1/6 chase ends around 20ish

I can wait for 20 ish. There is a local guy here who can't unload his 8 chases on FB market because of his prices. lol
Hbox

ISO: Grey Captian Mal reaction figure proto and GITD Oogie Boogie.

Collecting Funko since 2008 :freddy2:

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:35 pm

Steelers8452 wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:

As it worked out, it went in store today after getting 12in of snow and there was Aang Chase sitting there with no one else in there. However, there actions last week were out of line. Glad I got it:)

Yay, I'm glad you were able to get one. I do agree that they shouldn't have done what they did, but at least you were able to find one without emptying your wallet.
Jenny

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:51 pm

h3wi3 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:Dang Zuko Chase is climbing. Hope it drops eventually and like most 1/6 chase ends around 20ish

I can wait for 20 ish. There is a local guy here who can't unload his 8 chases on FB market because of his prices. lol

It's crazy cause on mercai and ebay going at like 50ish now

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:02 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
h3wi3 wrote:

Wow you hesitate for one second... I guess I won't be touching his collection then. As much as I love the show, I can see way too many characters getting released and not being able to keep up.
Jenny

Carolinamelgoza

Postby Carolinamelgoza » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:07 pm

Patiently waiting for Azula to come out tomorrow :-" then I still need Iroh and the chases to complete my collection!

dublin319

Postby dublin319 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:39 am

Where are you supposed to preoder Azula? I called my local GS and they won't take preoders. The website has said "unavailable" for days now.
ISO:
Game of Thrones
Conan
Star Wars

OffTheCHENG

Postby OffTheCHENG » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:47 am

dublin319 wrote:Where are you supposed to preoder Azula? I called my local GS and they won't take preoders. The website has said "unavailable" for days now.

Same here. Still patiently waiting. However, I am glad to see Chase Aang dropping dramatically lol. I'll pull the trigger when he's around $40.
Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

h3wi3

Postby h3wi3 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:56 pm

dublin319 wrote:Where are you supposed to preoder Azula? I called my local GS and they won't take preoders. The website has said "unavailable" for days now.

I have the same problem. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Hbox

ISO: Grey Captian Mal reaction figure proto and GITD Oogie Boogie.

Collecting Funko since 2008 :freddy2:

matrixman9

Postby matrixman9 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:57 am

I was able to get a chase Aang from hot topic! Super excited!

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:00 am

I am very pleased with this line but I have to be selective on this line and just bought Aang from Hot Topic. This line is too big already on wave 1 which means that the expansion could be even more dangerous.
Hulk Smash!
Member: KY Funko League of Awesomeness
IG: @HauckBuster007
IG: @SuperFunkoBros
Favorite Character: Incredible Hulk

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:07 am

I want to see them make all of the Homunculi villains
Hulk Smash!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:28 am

Hauckbuster007 wrote:I want to see them make all of the Homunculi villains

Think this was mesnt fior Full Metal Alchemist thread

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:05 am

hailmary25 wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:I want to see them make all of the Homunculi villains

Think this was mesnt fior Full Metal Alchemist thread

Possibly, all of the Anime threads blend together for me and I see a lot of other conversing about other Anime within a certain Anime thread. It's hard to keep track of the topics of discussion on some of these.

Airbender Pops were definitely cool. I had to resist from buying the entire line and only purchase a regular Aang from Hot Topic.
Hulk Smash!

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:06 am

hailmary25 wrote:
h3wi3 wrote:

They will come back down in price. Almost all 1/6 chases come back down in price after a few months and the hype dies down. The ones that you miss at the time of drop can be picked back up for $20 in like 3 months.
Hulk Smash!

Xeverus86

Postby Xeverus86 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:43 am

haven't bought appa waiting on that flocked version
A.A. 7/18/19 :angel9:
FUNKO FUNDAYS '17
FUNKO FUNDAYS '18
FUNKO FUNDAYS '19
FUNKO HQ GRAND OPENING
MAKING FUN MOVIE PREMIERE
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
FUNKO FUNDAYS '22

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:59 am

Hauckbuster007 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
h3wi3 wrote:

They will come back down in price. Almost all 1/6 chases come back down in price after a few months and the hype dies down. The ones that you miss at the time of drop can be picked back up for $20 in like 3 months.

Yeah I'm biding my time until it gets down to $20. I can wait a few months to complete set

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:06 am

hailmary25 wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:It's crazy cause on mercai and ebay going at like 50ish now

Yeah I'm biding my time until it gets down to $20. I can wait a few months to complete set

I too want this Chase version of Aang but I missed it. I will patiently wait until the prices start to fall back down to earth in a few months.
Hulk Smash!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:59 am

Hauckbuster007 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:

I too want this Chase version of Aang but I missed it. I will patiently wait until the prices start to fall back down to earth in a few months.

Aang is a little different since it is a HT exclusive. Best it will go down is maybe $40 like the Maleficent HT chase. Even that took some time just just be patient.

Now that other stores are getting there Zuko's/ avatar pops hopefully price will drop.

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:13 am

Found the Azula Insider Club POP yesterday at GS. Was surprised to see her on the shelf as those types of exclusives dont usually last very long on my GS shelves.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:16 am

hailmary25 wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:Yeah I'm biding my time until it gets down to $20. I can wait a few months to complete set

Aang is a little different since it is a HT exclusive. Best it will go down is maybe $40 like the Maleficent HT chase. Even that took some time just just be patient.

Now that other stores are getting there Zuko's/ avatar pops hopefully price will drop.

Slow and steady wins the race on this one.... Patience young grasshopper.... we will both get this one if we wait it out. I am fine with $30-$40 for the chase but I am not dropping $100 on him for a 1:6 Chase.
Hulk Smash!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:29 am

Hauckbuster007 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:

Slow and steady wins the race on this one.... Patience young grasshopper.... we will both get this one if we wait it out. I am fine with $30-$40 for the chase but I am not dropping $100 on him for a 1:6 Chase.

I have Aang but I will be patient for Zuko cause most of the regular 1/6 chase like people said settle around $20

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:08 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

I have Aang but I will be patient for Zuko cause most of the regular 1/6 chase like people said settle around $20

still need to find me a Zuko chase...gonna hopefully do a local trade soon
Funatic of all things Funko!!

Return to “Pop!”