NYCC 2018 Rock Candy Pocahontas

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
blur_r

NYCC 2018 Rock Candy Pocahontas

Postby blur_r » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:34 pm

I successfully placed an order for NYCC 2018 Rock Candy Pocahontas on Amazon last Thursday. This morning, Amazon sent an email advising of a delay in shipping, that a new delivery date is not yet available, and that if I still wanted it I had to approve my order. Odd.

I'm a bit concerned that my order is a no go. Is anyone else getting the same email from Amazon?

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: NYCC 2018 Rock Candy Pocahontas

Postby NightmareMermaid » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:38 pm

I got the same email earlier this morning. I ordered right when it first went up. I'm definitely disappointed since it was supposed to come today and there's no ETA.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:42 pm

In the same boat. My most wanted from NYCC, so I'm hoping it doesn't take too long! I'm sure they are maybe just having a delayed shipment or something?
Melissa

zAkbar_777

Postby zAkbar_777 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:35 pm

Same e-mail came to me today as well. Hopefully it was just a delay in shipping.
"I Have to Return Some Video Tapes" instagram: cap_n_hwdy

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:42 pm

Same, hopefully it comes soon. I also got a hold for the Predator Hound exclusive a week or so ago.

EDIT: I realize now that the Nov 8th is the deadline when you have to say you want the item.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:55 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:Same, hopefully it comes soon. I also got a hold for the Predator Hound exclusive a week or so ago.

EDIT: I realize now that the Nov 8th is the deadline when you have to say you want the item.

Yeah I noticed that too. I hope that it won't take that long. There was also a delay for ECCC Shark Maui through Amazon. Fortunately it wasn't very long. Hopefully that will be the case this time too.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

wenhol8710

Postby wenhol8710 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:14 pm

Yeah, got the same email today too. Hopefully it isn't too long of a delay, I'm really looking forward to her.
wenhol8710 on Instagram

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:22 pm

Just wondering if anyone received their Pocahontas yet? I'm tempted to buy another one, because the one I got today..the sticker on her shirt is kind of terrible. It's not super messed up or anything, but the wolf is very hard to see, and you can barely even tell there's a moon or background behind it. Is anyone else's like this, or did I get a bad one?
Melissa

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:31 pm

lunarembrace wrote:Just wondering if anyone received their Pocahontas yet? I'm tempted to buy another one, because the one I got today..the sticker on her shirt is kind of terrible. It's not super messed up or anything, but the wolf is very hard to see, and you can barely even tell there's a moon or background behind it. Is anyone else's like this, or did I get a bad one?

Mine does not look like the glam, its as if the white color is missing from the moon and clouds. Those are just a shade of teal. The wolf is okay though not as detailed as the glam.

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:35 pm

wolvie wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:Just wondering if anyone received their Pocahontas yet? I'm tempted to buy another one, because the one I got today..the sticker on her shirt is kind of terrible. It's not super messed up or anything, but the wolf is very hard to see, and you can barely even tell there's a moon or background behind it. Is anyone else's like this, or did I get a bad one?

Mine does not look like the glam, its as if the white color is missing from the moon and clouds. Those are just a shade of teal. The wolf is okay though not as detailed as the glam.

I know glams can be misleading since it's not the actual product, but reeeeally love the glam, and it just doesn't compare to what the actual product looks like, I guess! I might order an extra one just because anyway, but I'm sure they will all look the same, since it really is just a type of sticker applied to the product. I was hoping mine might have been an error-type thing. Haha. Thanks!
Melissa

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:37 pm

All of the online boxes I see look the same. I'm afraid what you have is what they all look like.

Wow, the paint looks bad all over when you really zoom in :p

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:46 am

Quality control!

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:50 am

lunarembrace wrote:
wolvie wrote:

I know glams can be misleading since it's not the actual product, but reeeeally love the glam, and it just doesn't compare to what the actual product looks like, I guess! I might order an extra one just because anyway, but I'm sure they will all look the same, since it really is just a type of sticker applied to the product. I was hoping mine might have been an error-type thing. Haha. Thanks!

It's not just yours. I created a thread detailing the issues with this figure. The ball was dropped on this release.

viewtopic.php?f=102&t=92575&p=2229934#p2229934
Marie
#PartOfYourWorld

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:27 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:
wolvie wrote:

It's not just yours. I created a thread detailing the issues with this figure. The ball was dropped on this release.

https://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic. ... 4#p2229934

Hopefully someone can take note, as you said in that post not for the current run, but for future ones.

MelIsFun

Postby MelIsFun » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:13 am

I know the Anna (Frozen) Rock Candy is only available through Target. Does anyone know if those figures are available online or do they limit those to in-store sales? If so, I may be out of luck because the nearest target to me is over 50 miles away. (I have Buffalo listed as my city but that's the nearest Metro area - I don't actually live in Buffalo.)
Funko Pop! count: 49
Funko Mopeez count: 3
Funko Vinyl/Rock Candy count: 1
Image Image Image Image

drachenfells

Postby drachenfells » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:56 pm

Those quality control issues are really dissapointing as i was looking forward to getting this.

SanDiegoGal

Postby SanDiegoGal » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:52 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:
wolvie wrote:

This topic doesn't exist anymore sadly. I just discovered this line today and I want all the things, but did anyone end up getting a good Pocahontas though? The paint of her skin color is also way too light and it's very disappointing. Will probably just keep looking at the pretty pictures and not get one.
Image . . . Image . . .Image . . .Image

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:04 pm

SanDiegoGal wrote:
NightmareMermaid wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=102&t=92575&p=2229934#p2229934

This topic doesn't exist anymore sadly. I just discovered this line today and I want all the things, but did anyone end up getting a good Pocahontas though? The paint of her skin color is also way too light and it's very disappointing. Will probably just keep looking at the pretty pictures and not get one.

I ordered a second one, and it was exactly the same. Sad day!
Melissa

SanDiegoGal

Postby SanDiegoGal » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:12 pm

lunarembrace wrote:
SanDiegoGal wrote:
NightmareMermaid wrote:It's not just yours. I created a thread detailing the issues with this figure. The ball was dropped on this release.

I ordered a second one, and it was exactly the same. Sad day!

What a bummer! Thanks for the reply!
Image . . . Image . . .Image . . .Image

Pop_A_Razzi

Postby Pop_A_Razzi » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:41 pm

The one set I must complete !!!!!
INSTAGRAM: @Pop.A.Razzi

Return to “Vinyl”