Disney Treasures - Subscription

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
littodeb

Disney Treasures - Subscription

Postby littodeb » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:02 pm

I can't remember which Disney box was "sold out" as of recent.
Which one was the latest one?
Also, is it STILL subscription?
I had a subscription but my cc must have expired but I had no way of "updating" this info.
I also thought I got my Little Mermaid one from Hot Topic.
What's going on?
Am I out of the loop?
xoxo Deb

lunarembrace

Re: Disney Treasures - Subscription

Postby lunarembrace » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:08 pm

Just a little out of the loop. :O It's no longer a subscription, but was taken over by Hot Topic. The newest box right now is Dumbo, and all boxes from here on out will based on one movie, instead of just a general theme.

The last one was Lilo & Stitch, though.
Melissa

littodeb

Postby littodeb » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:37 pm

lunarembrace wrote:Just a little out of the loop. :O It's no longer a subscription, but was taken over by Hot Topic. The newest box right now is Dumbo, and all boxes from here on out will based on one movie, instead of just a general theme.

The last one was Lilo & Stitch, though.

Oh! Thanks for the update...
I must have read an old article lol
xoxo Deb

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:33 pm

I have been getting emails about sub boxes the last few weeks. Kind of strange since funko isn't managing the subscription any more
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:02 pm

Thrillofthehunt wrote:I have been getting emails about sub boxes the last few weeks. Kind of strange since funko isn't managing the subscription any more

I did to. I think that is just a mistake email that is an auto email from them. It would be awesome if it means they are taking it back and running it again, but I doubt it.
Collecting since 2014

pampam

Postby pampam » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:17 pm

I do like that they're available at Hot Topic now. It's easier to grab one when I'm out at the mall.

pampam

Postby pampam » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:19 pm

I do like that they're available at Hot Topic now. It's easier to grab one when I'm out at the mall.

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:41 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
Thrillofthehunt wrote:I have been getting emails about sub boxes the last few weeks. Kind of strange since funko isn't managing the subscription any more

I did to. I think that is just a mistake email that is an auto email from them. It would be awesome if it means they are taking it back and running it again, but I doubt it.

I miss my subscription. It was so exciting having it show up at my front door.

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:08 pm

pampam wrote:I do like that they're available at Hot Topic now. It's easier to grab one when I'm out at the mall.

It's nice they're still easy to obtain, but I feel like the quality has gone way down :(
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:06 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:
pampam wrote:I do like that they're available at Hot Topic now. It's easier to grab one when I'm out at the mall.

It's nice they're still easy to obtain, but I feel like the quality has gone way down :(

I agree with the quality. The quality has really gone way down and price has increased. This is why, I will be very selective with each box based on theme. If it is a theme I have to have like dumbo, I will get it without looking at spoilers. If it isn't a must have theme, I will look at spoilers.
Collecting since 2014

littodeb

Postby littodeb » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:34 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
Sarcasticguy wrote:

I agree with the quality. The quality has really gone way down and price has increased. This is why, I will be very selective with each box based on theme. If it is a theme I have to have like dumbo, I will get it without looking at spoilers. If it isn't a must have theme, I will look at spoilers.

I started it for Pop + Tshirt.
Now... Some don't even have.
But I do like the fact that Amazon ones don't charge shipping.
xoxo Deb

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:37 pm

I haven't gotten any of them since it went to HT. Though I am sorely tempted to get that Captain Hook and Tick Tock movie moment, that one is great.
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:44 pm

Libertyroxx wrote:I haven't gotten any of them since it went to HT. Though I am sorely tempted to get that Captain Hook and Tick Tock movie moment, that one is great.

Captain Hook and Ariel moments are legit... even though Ariel's mouth is weird haha.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

coopscohen

Postby coopscohen » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:59 pm

Still bummed a shirt was never included in any of these lol
ImageImage

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:37 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:
Libertyroxx wrote:I haven't gotten any of them since it went to HT. Though I am sorely tempted to get that Captain Hook and Tick Tock movie moment, that one is great.

Captain Hook and Ariel moments are legit... even though Ariel's mouth is weird haha.

The mouth is odd. I couldn't get past it.
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:40 pm

Still missing the subscription days ... extremely selective now.
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:22 pm

sdcccrasher wrote:

I vastly prefer subscription style. I still have both MCC and Smuggler's Bounty in part because of the subscription.

Funklub member # 14829

ImageImage

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:05 pm

Libertyroxx wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:

I vastly prefer subscription style. I still have both MCC and Smuggler's Bounty in part because of the subscription.

Yup ... Because I have to go to the store to purchase it, I am much more picky now. Plus the surprise aspect is gone.

littodeb

Postby littodeb » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:43 pm

sdcccrasher wrote:
Libertyroxx wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:

Yup ... Because I have to go to the store to purchase it, I am much more picky now. Plus the surprise aspect is gone.

I've been meaning to get Ariel's movie moment...
But I'm lazy about going to the store. Aye-
Hopefully I'm not too late...
xoxo Deb

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:51 am

This box being at Hot Topic has made it very easy to get. I think the first box sold out online, but none of the others really have. My store takes a few weeks to sell out of each box these days. I like the boxes but I think the box quality has been improving since they started to focus on just one movie instead of having them be all over the place like with the first few boxes.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:05 pm

dexiesmom wrote:This box being at Hot Topic has made it very easy to get. I think the first box sold out online, but none of the others really have. My store takes a few weeks to sell out of each box these days. I like the boxes but I think the box quality has been improving since they started to focus on just one movie instead of having them be all over the place like with the first few boxes.

I do like being at Hot Topic made it easier for people that were on a box by box basis. I liked having the yearly subscription option. I agree the Dumbo one was definitely a step up in quality compared to the early Hot Topic boxes.
Collecting since 2014

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:38 pm

I have it, and I can say it is a great movie moment and it was done well.
Collecting since 2014

FunkoMeansFun

Postby FunkoMeansFun » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:47 pm

nascar246788 wrote:

I have it, and I can say it is a great movie moment and it was done well.

Got a pic to show us :) ? Love to see. :freddy3:
:freddy3: Image

ImageImage

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:10 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:This box being at Hot Topic has made it very easy to get. I think the first box sold out online, but none of the others really have. My store takes a few weeks to sell out of each box these days. I like the boxes but I think the box quality has been improving since they started to focus on just one movie instead of having them be all over the place like with the first few boxes.

I do like being at Hot Topic made it easier for people that were on a box by box basis. I liked having the yearly subscription option. I agree the Dumbo one was definitely a step up in quality compared to the early Hot Topic boxes.

The Dumbo box was the first in the line that almost had me. Considering how meh I was with the others this was a huge step in the right direction.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:15 pm

volsspongebob wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

The Dumbo box was the first in the line that almost had me. Considering how meh I was with the others this was a huge step in the right direction.

I just wish they had a subscription option for those of us that already know they are going to buy all the boxes lol lol lol

The Dumbo box was definitely the best box they have had yet! It was great and all the items were amazing!

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:27 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

I just wish they had a subscription option for those of us that already know they are going to buy all the boxes lol lol lol

The Dumbo box was definitely the best box they have had yet! It was great and all the items were amazing!

I would love to see a subscription option offered as well.
Collecting since 2014

littodeb

Postby littodeb » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:21 pm

It's too bad that HT started limiting the Hot Cash for these boxes :(
xoxo Deb

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:10 pm

littodeb wrote:It's too bad that HT started limiting the Hot Cash for these boxes :(

Yeah, I have noticed that too. They are definitely timing these to come out when hot cash is not able to be used.

littodeb

Postby littodeb » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:03 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
littodeb wrote:It's too bad that HT started limiting the Hot Cash for these boxes :(

Yeah, I have noticed that too. They are definitely timing these to come out when hot cash is not able to be used.

Even when they ARE available, it can't be included-
xoxo Deb

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:21 pm

littodeb wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:

Which I don't really get...every other HT exclusive item is usable with hot cash.

Mags

Postby Mags » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:00 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
littodeb wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:Yeah, I have noticed that too. They are definitely timing these to come out when hot cash is not able to be used.

Which I don't really get...every other HT exclusive item is usable with hot cash.

Not always. There have been several times Hot Cash hasn't been useable on HT exclusives.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:15 pm

Mags wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
littodeb wrote:

Not always. There have been several times Hot Cash hasn't been useable on HT exclusives.

ooh - this I did not realize.

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:57 am

dexiesmom wrote:
Mags wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:Which I don't really get...every other HT exclusive item is usable with hot cash.

Yep ... I've run into the same thing at our Hot Topic. They have a list of items that are not Hot Cash items and the list changes so you have to ask. :-k

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:04 am

sdcccrasher wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
Mags wrote:Not always. There have been several times Hot Cash hasn't been useable on HT exclusives.

Yep ... I've run into the same thing at our Hot Topic. They have a list of items that are not Hot Cash items and the list changes so you have to ask. :-k

Yeah I am starting to not like how hot topic does their hot cash. I feel they really limit the funkos you can use it on and time it such that it can't be used on the bigger exclusive items like these boxes.
Collecting since 2014

Mags

Postby Mags » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:01 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:ooh - this I did not realize.

Yeah I am starting to not like how hot topic does their hot cash. I feel they really limit the funkos you can use it on and time it such that it can't be used on the bigger exclusive items like these boxes.

Really the only Funko limits Hot Cash has is newly released exclusives and the Disney boxes (which is pretty much an industry standard for larger exclusives at that point). You can use Hot Cash on HT Funko exclusives, but it's gotta be an older release - as an example, if Hot Cash were active when metallic Vegito or the recent Kakashi had been released, they would not be eligible for Hot Cash because they were new releases but if you had a $5 off discount tied to your Guest List account you could use it. That's how I got Great Ape Vegeta for $15 last fall - couldn't use Hot Cash (I don't think it was active at the time) but I had two $5 discounts I could stack.

Hqsdfan619

Postby Hqsdfan619 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:42 pm

chincoteague1 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

I miss my subscription. It was so exciting having it show up at my front door.

I do kinda miss having the subscription. It was something I looked forward to getting in the mail each month!

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:45 am

Mags wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:

Really the only Funko limits Hot Cash has is newly released exclusives and the Disney boxes (which is pretty much an industry standard for larger exclusives at that point). You can use Hot Cash on HT Funko exclusives, but it's gotta be an older release - as an example, if Hot Cash were active when metallic Vegito or the recent Kakashi had been released, they would not be eligible for Hot Cash because they were new releases but if you had a $5 off discount tied to your Guest List account you could use it. That's how I got Great Ape Vegeta for $15 last fall - couldn't use Hot Cash (I don't think it was active at the time) but I had two $5 discounts I could stack.

That makes sense that they don't want you to be able to use Hot Cash on brand new items. They know those are going to sell with or without the promotions. Most HT exclusives pops are even selling out without any type of promotion. I think the boxes and items that get restocked are the ones sitting around for a little while (and naturally less popular lines).

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:24 pm

I really miss having the subscription...
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:54 pm

Shalee04 wrote:I really miss having the subscription...

I really miss having the subscription services.
Collecting since 2014

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:20 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
Shalee04 wrote:I really miss having the subscription...

I really miss having the subscription services.

I make number 3.

Return to “Powered by Funko”