Stranger Things S2

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
SpastikGrl

Stranger Things S2

Postby SpastikGrl » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:19 pm

**Please forgive me if this thread has already been done. I did a search and didn't see it** Since season 3 of Stranger Things is coming out before to long and new Stranger Things pops were announced at Fundays... what do you think the chances are that we will get another *wave* or *series* for Stranger Things Mystery Minis? Do you think it would be after Season 3 is released because we need more characters to make minis for? This is the one that I have been waiting to be released!! LETS GO FUNKO!! STS2!

Popfanatics

Re: Stranger Things S2

Postby Popfanatics » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:49 am

Don’t they usually release new sets a month or two before the movie or show to garner excitement?
It’s me Lynda

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:52 am

Popfanatics wrote:Don’t they usually release new sets a month or two before the movie or show to garner excitement?

Thats a really good point. This is the one set that I really do hope that they release.

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:37 pm

i hope they do! i hope there aren't 1/72 store exclusives tho... it was such a pain to find steve!

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:43 pm

I hope we see another set! I would like a Max, and the kids with their costumes, and of course BOB!
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:06 pm

A Dart mini would be really cool.

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:09 pm

kihou wrote:I hope we see another set! I would like a Max, and the kids with their costumes, and of course BOB!

Those would be killer. I hope it happens.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:46 pm

All the kids in their ghostbusters outfit will be nice.

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:10 pm

Lakers wrote:All the kids in their ghostbusters outfit will be nice.

Could probably have a whole set of 12 just with everyone in their Halloween costumes!
It’s me Lynda

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:32 pm

Ill be happy with just Billy <3

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:03 pm

RBlue30 wrote:i hope they do! i hope there aren't 1/72 store exclusives tho... it was such a pain to find steve!

Steve is the only one that I am missing.

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:04 pm

Geescube wrote:Ill be happy with just Billy <3

mmmmmmmm Billy is Yummy!

dannyk

Postby dannyk » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:07 pm

I'd love a Max and the kids in costume, as well as the Mind Flayer!
~ PROG ~

XBOX: PROGMONSTER

Image Image Image

Co-Founder of Secondary Heroes #NerdsUnite

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:07 am

We need multiple Bob's!!! Billy and Max are also definitely a must and I'm sure we will get a masked babysitter Steve which would be awesome. These will definitely be happening at some point I'd expect, although I thought we might see the announcement for them at Fundays but I'm sure it will be soon enough.

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:11 pm

PigNosePony wrote:
RBlue30 wrote:i hope they do! i hope there aren't 1/72 store exclusives tho... it was such a pain to find steve!

Dang. Yea he was really hard to find! I don’t like the 1/72 exclusives! Good luck finding him!

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:28 pm

RBlue30 wrote:
PigNosePony wrote:

Dang. Yea he was really hard to find! I don’t like the 1/72 exclusives! Good luck finding him!

I have already searched all of my local GS. At this point I will either trade for him or buy him from a flipper. I am to close to completing the set to not have him. **I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE A GENEROUS FRIEND HELP ME OUT WITH EGGOS***

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:22 am

RBlue30 wrote:
PigNosePony wrote:

Hoping if and when this set is eventually announced, we will see little to no 1/72 exclusives. They can be fun to hunt, but certain stores are just more of a headache now than anything. The 1/36 exclusives are even now getting harder to come across if you aren't first to a case anymore

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:45 pm

PigNosePony wrote:
RBlue30 wrote:
PigNosePony wrote:

I have already searched all of my local GS. At this point I will either trade for him or buy him from a flipper. I am to close to completing the set to not have him. **I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE A GENEROUS FRIEND HELP ME OUT WITH EGGOS***

Dang! Hopefully you can get lucky again with Steve? Yea his price is just getting worse and worse

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:46 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
RBlue30 wrote:
PigNosePony wrote:

Hoping if and when this set is eventually announced, we will see little to no 1/72 exclusives. They can be fun to hunt, but certain stores are just more of a headache now than anything. The 1/36 exclusives are even now getting harder to come across if you aren't first to a case anymore

Yea especially since it seems like the new ones have a set layout. It’s sad to see a case missing the front top 2 because those were the rare spots

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:52 pm

RBlue30 wrote:
PigNosePony wrote:
RBlue30 wrote:

Dang! Hopefully you can get lucky again with Steve? Yea his price is just getting worse and worse

Yeah its ok. I will get him eventually.

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:36 pm

RBlue30 wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
RBlue30 wrote:

Yea especially since it seems like the new ones have a set layout. It’s sad to see a case missing the front top 2 because those were the rare spots

Yeah no doubt. On top of a set layout, when they are top fronts it’s makes it that much harder and more urgent to find them fast or miss out completely

BatgirlBatness

Postby BatgirlBatness » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:24 pm

PigNosePony wrote:**Please forgive me if this thread has already been done. I did a search and didn't see it** Since season 3 of Stranger Things is coming out before to long and new Stranger Things pops were announced at Fundays... what do you think the chances are that we will get another *wave* or *series* for Stranger Things Mystery Minis? Do you think it would be after Season 3 is released because we need more characters to make minis for? This is the one that I have been waiting to be released!! LETS GO FUNKO!! STS2!

I am really new to the board and collecting. A friend referred me here. I saw this thread and became interested. How can I find information on these minis in series one. Is it to late? Have they been out for a long time?

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:27 pm

BatgirlBatness wrote:
PigNosePony wrote:**Please forgive me if this thread has already been done. I did a search and didn't see it** Since season 3 of Stranger Things is coming out before to long and new Stranger Things pops were announced at Fundays... what do you think the chances are that we will get another *wave* or *series* for Stranger Things Mystery Minis? Do you think it would be after Season 3 is released because we need more characters to make minis for? This is the one that I have been waiting to be released!! LETS GO FUNKO!! STS2!

I am really new to the board and collecting. A friend referred me here. I saw this thread and became interested. How can I find information on these minis in series one. Is it to late? Have they been out for a long time?

I think this question might be best answered by one of our veteran board members. I am still fairly new to the board and I was really late to the game on collecting the first series. I had a lot of help from friends on many of these minis.

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:42 pm

BatgirlBatness wrote:

Series 1 has been out since the end of last year I believe. You can still find many common cases in stores, especially targets and BN. Hot Topic, GameStop, and Target had exclusives for these and unless you have a store that is seldom hit, odds are finding any exclusive cases will be pretty tough at this point, with Hot Topic probably being the least likely. You can still find them in stores if you look hard enough, and many people have plenty of extras to trade or sell at this point. Hope that helps a little, best of luck!

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:46 pm

It's hard to get a complete set when you have to go to different stores to get them, especially when some of those stores don't exist in your city or nearby. :(
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:58 pm

supertoygiant wrote:It's hard to get a complete set when you have to go to different stores to get them, especially when some of those stores don't exist in your city or nearby. :(

Yeah that makes it very tough. Even more so when you have a limited number of certain stores to begin with and have other rabid hunters in your area. Makes it so if you don’t get to a fresh case first, you pretty much miss anything good. It’s getting harder to complete sets nowadays for sure

BatgirlBatness

Postby BatgirlBatness » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:19 am

MattyPHATty wrote:
BatgirlBatness wrote:

Series 1 has been out since the end of last year I believe. You can still find many common cases in stores, especially targets and BN. Hot Topic, GameStop, and Target had exclusives for these and unless you have a store that is seldom hit, odds are finding any exclusive cases will be pretty tough at this point, with Hot Topic probably being the least likely. You can still find them in stores if you look hard enough, and many people have plenty of extras to trade or sell at this point. Hope that helps a little, best of luck!

Thank you for the information. What stores do you think would be the easiest at this point?

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:40 am

BatgirlBatness wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
BatgirlBatness wrote:

Thank you for the information. What stores do you think would be the easiest at this point?

I still see them often at targets in the little stranger things section next to the Funko stuff by electronics and depending on how active your area is, GameStop’s may still have some also. Barnes and Noble would be another good place to check. Good luck and let us know if you find anything good!

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:19 am

BatgirlBatness wrote:

I am glad that someone was able to answer your questions. The person who answered appears to be very knowledgeable in this area. Best of luck hunting. Please feel free to ask any other question.

BatgirlBatness

Postby BatgirlBatness » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:26 am

PigNosePony wrote:
BatgirlBatness wrote:

I am glad that someone was able to answer your questions. The person who answered appears to be very knowledgeable in this area. Best of luck hunting. Please feel free to ask any other question.

Thank you. It was a great help. I feel very welcomed!

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:26 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
BatgirlBatness wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:Series 1 has been out since the end of last year I believe. You can still find many common cases in stores, especially targets and BN. Hot Topic, GameStop, and Target had exclusives for these and unless you have a store that is seldom hit, odds are finding any exclusive cases will be pretty tough at this point, with Hot Topic probably being the least likely. You can still find them in stores if you look hard enough, and many people have plenty of extras to trade or sell at this point. Hope that helps a little, best of luck!

I still see them often at targets in the little stranger things section next to the Funko stuff by electronics and depending on how active your area is, GameStop’s may still have some also. Barnes and Noble would be another good place to check. Good luck and let us know if you find anything good!

To chime in, welcome again! As Matty said, some stores still have them (I just saw a full case of 12 boxes at Target today when getting a Pikachu), but the exclusives might be a little less available. Unfortunately the store exclusives carry a heavy price tag, but if you aren't a completionist you should be able to get a majority of them for a reasonable price either out in the wild at Target, Barnes and Noble, Books a Million, local comic shops, etc, or by trading or buying people's extras. This series had a lot of duplicates in a case (not sure if you are familiar with ratios, but this set had 4 of them at 1/6, meaning each case of 12 had two of each of those figures).
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

BatgirlBatness

Postby BatgirlBatness » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:58 pm

kihou wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
BatgirlBatness wrote:

To chime in, welcome again! As Matty said, some stores still have them (I just saw a full case of 12 boxes at Target today when getting a Pikachu), but the exclusives might be a little less available. Unfortunately the store exclusives carry a heavy price tag, but if you aren't a completionist you should be able to get a majority of them for a reasonable price either out in the wild at Target, Barnes and Noble, Books a Million, local comic shops, etc, or by trading or buying people's extras. This series had a lot of duplicates in a case (not sure if you are familiar with ratios, but this set had 4 of them at 1/6, meaning each case of 12 had two of each of those figures).

Thank you for all the help!! I am over joyed with the community help. I am not familiar with ratios, but I have a friend who is helping me learn.

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:53 pm

BatgirlBatness wrote:
kihou wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:I still see them often at targets in the little stranger things section next to the Funko stuff by electronics and depending on how active your area is, GameStop’s may still have some also. Barnes and Noble would be another good place to check. Good luck and let us know if you find anything good!

Thank you for all the help!! I am over joyed with the community help. I am not familiar with ratios, but I have a friend who is helping me learn.

That is awesome! I wish I had someone to teach me the ropes back when I started. It may take a bit to get used to the ratios and layouts but once you get the hang of it you will be hooked. Like Kihou said it’s definitely not to late to start-best of luck in your hunt and let us know what you find!!

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:14 pm

Please announce please announce please announce ;)

Funko_Phan26

Postby Funko_Phan26 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:07 pm

BatgirlBatness wrote:
kihou wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:I still see them often at targets in the little stranger things section next to the Funko stuff by electronics and depending on how active your area is, GameStop’s may still have some also. Barnes and Noble would be another good place to check. Good luck and let us know if you find anything good!

You should still be able to find commons at Barnes and Target. I've seen common cases mostly at Targets still, but exclusive cases usually only get 1 restock if any at all. If you ever need help with ratios feel free to PM me. I've been collecting mystery minis since 2016 so I have most of the existing sets out there and would be glad to help.
:freddy3:
[ig]https://www.instagram.com/funko_phan26/[/ig]

Fundays 2022, Blacklight Battle
Fright Night II NYCC 2022
FOTW 2/24/18
FOTW 11/30/22

ISO: Black Panther Protos Rick and Morty Mystery Mini Protos.
Been collecting since 2016. FoTW Feb 2018. Check out my toy photography on Instagram!

Pop_A_Razzi

Postby Pop_A_Razzi » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:41 pm

steve was nothing compared to EGGO eleven !! it depresses me i still have never encountered it !!!

my whole purpose for ECCC this year is to have the cast sign my pops IM ST obsessed lol
INSTAGRAM: @Pop.A.Razzi

Pop_A_Razzi

Postby Pop_A_Razzi » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:42 pm

supertoygiant wrote:It's hard to get a complete set when you have to go to different stores to get them, especially when some of those stores don't exist in your city or nearby. :(

I couldnt Agree more !!! the struggle is real

Pop_A_Razzi

Postby Pop_A_Razzi » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:42 pm

I cant wait either !!! but i feel stressed about it since i never found Eleven EGGO its only going to get harder to find

Pop_A_Razzi

Postby Pop_A_Razzi » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:43 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:We need multiple Bob's!!! Billy and Max are also definitely a must and I'm sure we will get a masked babysitter Steve which would be awesome. These will definitely be happening at some point I'd expect, although I thought we might see the announcement for them at Fundays but I'm sure it will be soon enough.

those all sound amazing !!!! im so excited i cant bare it

Pop_A_Razzi

Postby Pop_A_Razzi » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:44 pm

dannyk wrote:I'd love a Max and the kids in costume, as well as the Mind Flayer!

That would be sooooooooooo dope !!!! the possibilities are endless!!!!

Return to “Blind Bags”