Fundays Wobblers

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
Swatrob

Fundays Wobblers

Postby Swatrob » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:33 am

It seems like a lot of the big wobblers fans are early on funko collectors. I started collecting funko when it was a small booth st sdcc years and years ago. With fundays being a big party for the fans wouldn’t it be cool if they did a fundays exclusive wobbler? Last year everyone got a prototype which is amazing, some cool pops, and pez. I think it would be pretty cool if they put a wobbler in there this year. I know fundays is still a ways off but it’s neber too early to start thinking about it, I’m sure they are already. Thoughts?
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Re: Fundays Wobblers

Postby thejosh2010 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:46 pm

I’m as hopeful as ever Wacky Wobblers, even if only during Funday’s each year could possibly find their way back! [-o<
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:30 pm

I would love to see wacky wobblers make a come back. Or at the very least it would be very cool to see them do a Freddy wacky wobbler every Fundays! You definitely got my vote!

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:02 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:I would love to see wacky wobblers make a come back. Or at the very least it would be very cool to see them do a Freddy wacky wobbler every Fundays! You definitely got my vote!

I agree...bring back wobblers \:D/
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:53 am

Shalee04 wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:I would love to see wacky wobblers make a come back. Or at the very least it would be very cool to see them do a Freddy wacky wobbler every Fundays! You definitely got my vote!

I agree...bring back wobblers \:D/

Ditto!

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:59 am

I'll always make room for OG Wacky Wobblers! :cheers:
I be Chris

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:49 pm

When they changed the HoF plaque Freddys from a wobbler to a pop, I think that signaled the true end of an era....

Would love some new WACKY wobblers!
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:27 pm

I’m glad I’m not the only one. I collect lots of funko products but wobblers are what bright me in at the beginning and I miss them
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby kevinbuddha » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:22 am

You are not the only one!!!!
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

levixkelly

Postby levixkelly » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:30 am

I’d also love a Whacky wobblers comeback or even a small run of them
Hi, I'm Levi
Instagram:
@levikelly90
Twitter: @levikelly90

Image Image

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:32 am

I don’t have any big ones and would love to have them bookend my collection on each shelf. I think that would look really cool

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:59 pm

I think this would be a great idea too!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:53 am

You never know what may happen. Obviously this forum is seen and stranger things have happened. Hopefully if any of
us get into fundays there will be wobblers waiting for us

randig

Postby randig » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:28 am

Swatrob wrote:You never know what may happen. Obviously this forum is seen and stranger things have happened. Hopefully if any of
us get into fundays there will be wobblers waiting for us

I would be down! Wobblers are the favorite in my collection
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

ImageImage

Kungfutoys

Postby Kungfutoys » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:37 am

It would be great to bring back at least one Freddy Wacky Wobbler during Fundays this year!
:freddy3:
Funko Funatic Since 1999
2002 FunKlub Member #0037
Funko Events Attended:
2002 1st Fundays at Sparky’s until the last Fundays at SDCC 2023
2016 Funko Fright Night
2017 Everett Headquarters Grand Opening
2018 Making Fun Hollywood Premier
2019 Hollywood Store Grand Opening
2021 FunKon Hollywood
2022 Funko Fright Night 2 NYCC
2023 Funko Fundays

FunkoAlphaBravo

Postby FunkoAlphaBravo » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:36 am

Since watching the Funko documentary, I would love to attend a fundays that has a Freddy wobbler! I would be ecstatic!
Hi all! We’re Annie and Beto. We have been collecting since 2016
ImageImage
ImageImage

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:38 am

I've suggested to Brian to make a few Classic Freddy Wacky Wobblers a number of times. He said he'd consider it (he didn't say no). Unfortunately (or fortunately for Funko) he is not a fan of WWs. But we all know how important we all are to him and his company, so it wouldn't surprise me to see a limited edition(s??) of Good Ol' Freddys one day. Not holding my breath, though. With over 700 WW protos in my collection, mostly acquired with the help of Mr. B, I know I'd be in !!!!!

Craig here......

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:45 pm

:bounce: I'm totally in on this!!! :bounce:
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:52 am

Epic comeback would it be!

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:13 am

I fell in love Funko pops first but would love to see a new
wacky wobbler. I love this forum because I get to experience collections I normally wouldn't see. I would love to get my first wobbler at Fundays.

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:27 pm

The Bleach Fan wrote:I fell in love Funko pops first but would love to see a new
wacky wobbler. I love this forum because I get to experience collections I normally wouldn't see. I would love to get my first wobbler at Fundays.

Fundays is the best party I’ve ever been to

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:52 pm

Alleycat wrote:I've suggested to Brian to make a few Classic Freddy Wacky Wobblers a number of times. He said he'd consider it (he didn't say no). Unfortunately (or fortunately for Funko) he is not a fan of WWs. But we all know how important we all are to him and his company, so it wouldn't surprise me to see a limited edition(s??) of Good Ol' Freddys one day. Not holding my breath, though. With over 700 WW protos in my collection, mostly acquired with the help of Mr. B, I know I'd be in !!!!!

Over 700?! Dang Craig that's awesome! I would love to see some more Wobblers and heck even just a new updated regular Freddy would be good enough for me.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:53 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Alleycat wrote:I've suggested to Brian to make a few Classic Freddy Wacky Wobblers a number of times. He said he'd consider it (he didn't say no). Unfortunately (or fortunately for Funko) he is not a fan of WWs. But we all know how important we all are to him and his company, so it wouldn't surprise me to see a limited edition(s??) of Good Ol' Freddys one day. Not holding my breath, though. With over 700 WW protos in my collection, mostly acquired with the help of Mr. B, I know I'd be in !!!!!

Over 700?! Dang Craig that's awesome! I would love to see some more Wobblers and heck even just a new updated regular Freddy would be good enough for me.

Yes, Craig had a nick-name back in the day ;-)

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:39 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:

I'm sure you've seen this, Brett but this is some pics that Craig took.

For those that haven't seen this, it's amazing.

viewtopic.php?f=118&t=47346
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:17 pm

BigM wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

https://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic. ... 18&t=47346

Just checked it out again and it is truly an amazing site to see! Congrats on all those special pieces in your collection Craig. I would be extactic if Brian made some Freddy WW for us! Never hurt to dream.

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:16 pm

BigM wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=118&t=47346

That is a pretty incredible collection. Maybe when my kids are old enough and I kick them out I can get mine that large

Clutch

Postby Clutch » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:38 pm

Wobblers have a special place in my heart. Please do.
Fundays 16’, 17’, 18’, 19’, 22’, FDO8 Chicago, FunkyHundo, Hollywood Grand Opening, Fright Night 22, MaskOWeen 22’, AquaSox Opening night, SDCC 9 years running, NYCC 6 years running and so much more. Largest Pokemon Prototype collector.

SanDiegoGal

Postby SanDiegoGal » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:55 pm

Really fun idea! If they're putting in lots of effort doing small-run figures and special limited boxes for Fundays anyway, seems "easy" enough to make one a Wobbler. (I know its not easy and is a lot of work that we appreciate, but you get what I mean!)
Image . . . Image . . .Image . . .Image

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:55 pm

I feel like if there was ever a time to reference their beginnings and do a run of wobblers it would have been last year for the 20th anniversary.
Hi, I'm CY

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:53 pm

repair-manmanmanman wrote:I feel like if there was ever a time to reference their beginnings and do a run of wobblers it would have been last year for the 20th anniversary.

You’re probably right but I can still dream. I think I’m going to start the hunt for some more wobblers anyways. I’ve seen some in random toy shops and some “antique” shops around my area. I’m just going to start adding some more to the collection

MorbidGee
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby MorbidGee » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:54 am

Wobblers are always great :) That's what made me start collecting Funko. It was always fun going to Sparky's and seeing the variety of Wobbler's on display <3
ImageImageImageImage
Hello! My name is Giselle *FDO Host Las Vegas* Making Fun: The movie *Funko Fiends Secretary/Treasurer* June 2017 COTM
IG:Morbidgeescollections Funklub #10230

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:47 am

MorbidGee wrote:Wobblers are always great :) That's what made me start collecting Funko. It was always fun going to Sparky's and seeing the variety of Wobbler's on display <3

Sparkys was awesome. I remember the first couple years at Sdcc when funkonhad a both. I always went there first and made sure to grab a few things to add to my collection. I have some wobblers but definitely not enough of them.

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:50 am

Agreed, bring back the Wobblers!

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:09 am

Don’t know why they stopped them in the first place. Why abolish what got you popular as a company? I also assumed it was focus more on Pops but they started a whole bunch of random lines not many people care about...
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:17 pm

GettingSodas wrote:Don’t know why they stopped them in the first place. Why abolish what got you popular as a company? I also assumed it was focus more on Pops but they started a whole bunch of random lines not many people care about...

Brian Mariotti did not care for the Wacky Wobblers. They were not big volume sellers, either. His passion ( from what I know) was with collecting rare Pez and Hanna Barbara vinyl figures and soakies. He and his company added different products to the Funko portfolio before Pop! Vinyls evolved. Jackpot!!!

Craig here......

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:00 pm

Alleycat wrote:
GettingSodas wrote:Don’t know why they stopped them in the first place. Why abolish what got you popular as a company? I also assumed it was focus more on Pops but they started a whole bunch of random lines not many people care about...

Brian Mariotti did not care for the Wacky Wobblers. They were not big volume sellers, either. His passion ( from what I know) was with collecting rare Pez and Hanna Barbara vinyl figures and soakies. He and his company added different products to the Funko portfolio before Pop! Vinyls evolved. Jackpot!!!

Just to add on what Craig said, wobblers did not sell nearly as well as pops have.
Funko is a business and they make what sells.

They've been experimenting with different lines since the early 2000s and POP has clearly been the most successful. Love them or hate them POP is what sells and wacky wobblers are unfortunately a thing of the past (as of this post).
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

tlaloc666

Postby tlaloc666 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:55 pm

i know wackys dont sell as pops but at least on fundays :P would be amazing :D
Kyko here !!

Tik tok : @kyko_tj
Tijuana The Happiest Place on Earth !!

Funko events attended
Fundays 2015
Fundays 2016
Funko Fright Night
Fundays 2017
Premiere Making Fun
Fundays 2018
Fundays 2019
HQ Hollywood Opening 2019
ECCC VIrtual Con 2020
Summer Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2021
Funko Fright Night 2 NYC 2022

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:45 pm

Just because they did not sell as well as POPs have does not mean they were not loved by collectors. Different strokes for different folks. If not for Wacky Wobblers, there would be NO pop.

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:19 pm

kevinbuddha wrote:Just because they did not sell as well as POPs have does not mean they were not loved by collectors. Different strokes for different folks. If not for Wacky Wobblers, there would be NO pop.

That’s exactly the point I was trying to make. They don’t need to sell as much as Pops to be a line they funko makes. Look at their other lines they make. They don’t sell nearly as well. I’m sure Wacky wobblers would still sell just as well if not better than all the other current Funko lines.
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:54 pm

tlaloc666 wrote:i know wackys dont sell as pops but at least on fundays :P would be amazing :D

This is what I’m saying. If they don’t sell that well I completely understand not making them. But fundays celebrates the whole company and a lot of us having been collecting for well over 10 years. Celebrate the old school and have a wobbler at fundays

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”