Disney Treasures - Subscription

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
littodeb

Re: Disney Treasures - Subscription

Postby littodeb » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:32 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
Mags wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
Yeah I am starting to not like how hot topic does their hot cash. I feel they really limit the funkos you can use it on and time it such that it can't be used on the bigger exclusive items like these boxes.

Really the only Funko limits Hot Cash has is newly released exclusives and the Disney boxes (which is pretty much an industry standard for larger exclusives at that point). You can use Hot Cash on HT Funko exclusives, but it's gotta be an older release - as an example, if Hot Cash were active when metallic Vegito or the recent Kakashi had been released, they would not be eligible for Hot Cash because they were new releases but if you had a $5 off discount tied to your Guest List account you could use it. That's how I got Great Ape Vegeta for $15 last fall - couldn't use Hot Cash (I don't think it was active at the time) but I had two $5 discounts I could stack.

That makes sense that they don't want you to be able to use Hot Cash on brand new items. They know those are going to sell with or without the promotions. Most HT exclusives pops are even selling out without any type of promotion. I think the boxes and items that get restocked are the ones sitting around for a little while (and naturally less popular lines).

Last time the Hot Cash was in effect, I couldn't get Diamond Items either...
Can't remember if it was new so I'm not sure where it falls.
xoxo Deb

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:34 pm

littodeb wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
Mags wrote:Really the only Funko limits Hot Cash has is newly released exclusives and the Disney boxes (which is pretty much an industry standard for larger exclusives at that point). You can use Hot Cash on HT Funko exclusives, but it's gotta be an older release - as an example, if Hot Cash were active when metallic Vegito or the recent Kakashi had been released, they would not be eligible for Hot Cash because they were new releases but if you had a $5 off discount tied to your Guest List account you could use it. That's how I got Great Ape Vegeta for $15 last fall - couldn't use Hot Cash (I don't think it was active at the time) but I had two $5 discounts I could stack.

That makes sense that they don't want you to be able to use Hot Cash on brand new items. They know those are going to sell with or without the promotions. Most HT exclusives pops are even selling out without any type of promotion. I think the boxes and items that get restocked are the ones sitting around for a little while (and naturally less popular lines).

I understand them excluding those because those will also sell out usually without any type of coupon or sale.

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:13 am

dexiesmom wrote:
littodeb wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:That makes sense that they don't want you to be able to use Hot Cash on brand new items. They know those are going to sell with or without the promotions. Most HT exclusives pops are even selling out without any type of promotion. I think the boxes and items that get restocked are the ones sitting around for a little while (and naturally less popular lines).

I understand them excluding those because those will also sell out usually without any type of coupon or sale.

Yeah, our HT does that too, but then if they don't sell out they loosen the restrictions and let you use coupons/hot cash after awhile to clear them out. I think there are still some of the Peter Pan ones at my local HT.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

rowanofthestrata

Postby rowanofthestrata » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:29 am

sdcccrasher wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
Shalee04 wrote:I really miss having the subscription...

I really miss having the subscription services.

I make number 3.

I dunno, but if these don't sell as much as they used to, I can see HT discontinuing them as well. All the items in the box should be spectacular to make people want to get them. It's usually one (sometimes) awesome pop and the rest just filler. I'd be ok with them releasing no more than four a year if that means more time can be used to make sure every item in every box is something people would want.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:09 pm

rowanofthestrata wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

I make number 3.

I dunno, but if these don't sell as much as they used to, I can see HT discontinuing them as well. All the items in the box should be spectacular to make people want to get them. It's usually one (sometimes) awesome pop and the rest just filler. I'd be ok with them releasing no more than four a year if that means more time can be used to make sure every item in every box is something people would want.

Yeah I agree with you. I worry this box will be killed eventually because it just isn't selling well.
Collecting since 2014

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:13 pm

I have mixed feelings about it, one hand I like not worrying about getting something that I don’t want but, being subscribed is less of a headache trying to get it.
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:36 pm

rowanofthestrata wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

I make number 3.

I think the Dumbo box was really good regarding this. The items were really good. Most people I think don't care for the pen that often though.

Popsonpopsonpops_

Postby Popsonpopsonpops_ » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:04 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
rowanofthestrata wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:
I make number 3.

I think the Dumbo box was really good regarding this. The items were really good. Most people I think don't care for the pen that often though.

I actually thought the dumbo box was mediocre. I feel like these boxes were much better when it was the Disney subscription

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:11 am

I wonder if next box theme will be Aladdin or Toy Story.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:27 pm

MacKazoo wrote:I wonder if next box theme will be Aladdin or Toy Story.

I would love these themes for sure. I think toy story would be a super awesome theme.
Collecting since 2014

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:37 pm

nascar246788 wrote:

I would love these themes for sure. I think toy story would be a super awesome theme.

They said it’s going to be actual movie themes from now on which I actually do enjoy more than just a random box of Disney with a theme. I’m hoping it’s Toy Story first then Aladdin.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:46 pm

MacKazoo wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

They said it’s going to be actual movie themes from now on which I actually do enjoy more than just a random box of Disney with a theme. I’m hoping it’s Toy Story first then Aladdin.

I would prefer toy story before Aladdin for sure.
Collecting since 2014

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:39 pm

Popsonpopsonpops_ wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
rowanofthestrata wrote:

I actually thought the dumbo box was mediocre. I feel like these boxes were much better when it was the Disney subscription

The boxes were way better when Funko did them on their own, but I feel like the Dumbo box was one of the best yet since Hot Topic took them over.

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:27 pm

The Dumbo box, I hope is the start of how they do Disney boxes from now on.

Mjacob78

Postby Mjacob78 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:15 pm

I was definitely more excited about these boxes when Funko did them. Wish they didn’t get rid of their subscriptions
Gotta love those pops :freddy2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

funkosundae

Postby funkosundae » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:45 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
rowanofthestrata wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:
I make number 3.

Yeah I agree with you. I worry this box will be killed eventually because it just isn't selling well.

Totally agree, I think if they just add Disney T-shirts instead of some of these fillers. That might do the trick.

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:56 pm

funkosundae wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
rowanofthestrata wrote:

Totally agree, I think if they just add Disney T-shirts instead of some of these fillers. That might do the trick.

Yes ... a Disney T Shirt would make the difference for me!!!
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:34 pm

T-shirts don’t mean anything to me, it’s the items they give you, I hate when Funko releases stuff like Dorbz rides and movie moments in boxes

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:20 pm

sdcccrasher wrote:
funkosundae wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

I love the T shirts too.

funkosundae

Postby funkosundae » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:23 pm

chincoteague1 wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:
funkosundae wrote:

I love the T shirts too.

Got to be a licensing issue with Disney for T-shirts.

AllyRose

Postby AllyRose » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:32 pm

Toy story!!!

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:12 pm

funkosundae wrote:
chincoteague1 wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:

I love the T shirts too.

Got to be a licensing issue with Disney for T-shirts.

I think you're right.
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:10 pm

Not a fan of live action so haven’t bought these boxes in a while. When HT took this over I felt they weren’t appealing to the core Disney fan audience anymore.
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:33 pm

All the boxes have been based off the animated films, they’re just coinciding with the live action remakes

Hopper001

Postby Hopper001 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:00 am

Libertyroxx wrote:I haven't gotten any of them since it went to HT. Though I am sorely tempted to get that Captain Hook and Tick Tock movie moment, that one is great.

That’s the only box I’ve gotten since it switched. I’ve kept Smugglers Bounty because it’s worth Amazon and I can set it up like a subscription... hoping for a theme I’m interested in soon.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:38 pm

Hopper001 wrote:
Libertyroxx wrote:I haven't gotten any of them since it went to HT. Though I am sorely tempted to get that Captain Hook and Tick Tock movie moment, that one is great.

That’s the only box I’ve gotten since it switched. I’ve kept Smugglers Bounty because it’s worth Amazon and I can set it up like a subscription... hoping for a theme I’m interested in soon.

I wish hot topic would make it more like a subscription service. It would make me happier. I miss the convenience of a subscription service like it was when Funko ran it.
Collecting since 2014

Angel 9708

Postby Angel 9708 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:00 pm

Is the new sub box gonna have a mystery tin or is it just gonna be a mystery mini in a box?
Walking Dead Junkie! ImageImage

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:28 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
Hopper001 wrote:

I wish hot topic would make it more like a subscription service. It would make me happier. I miss the convenience of a subscription service like it was when Funko ran it.

Having it be a subscription, has its pros and cons. Such as if a box doesn’t interest you

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:35 pm

MacKazoo wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
Hopper001 wrote:

Having it be a subscription, has its pros and cons. Such as if a box doesn’t interest you

They had the monthly subscription choice for those that wanted to switch on and off. I would love just for that to be an option. I did love the yearly version. It is really hard for me to not like anything in Disney box. I have loved every item. I am a bit of Disney funatic.
Collecting since 2014

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:42 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

They had the monthly subscription choice for those that wanted to switch on and off. I would love just for that to be an option. I did love the yearly version. It is really hard for me to not like anything in Disney box. I have loved every item. I am a bit of Disney funatic.

I hate to admit this but, I am picky collector and chose my favorites

Return to “Powered by Funko”