Super Powers?

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
ghostrye

Super Powers?

Postby ghostrye » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:58 am

I apologize if this has been covered before, but I'm curious if Funko could produce Super Powers inspired D.C. Characters as a sort of "extension" of the original line. Seeing the Street Fighter vintage MOTU inspired figures made me wonder if this could ever be a possibility. Even if they weren't branded as "Super Powers", it would be cool to see a rebirth of this style.

terp_fan99

Re: Super Powers?

Postby terp_fan99 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:25 pm

Not sure if you're into higher end statues, but Tweeterhead is currently making a Super Powers statue line that looks extremely promising.
*Adam*

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:54 pm

The Tweeterhead Mxyptlk is so good!

terp_fan99

Postby terp_fan99 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:23 pm

ghostrye wrote:The Tweeterhead Mxyptlk is so good!

I know, I ordered him already. :)
*Adam*

CarolDixon

Postby CarolDixon » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:02 pm

Tweeterhead is a little out of my price range but they do have nice stuff.

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:25 am

Speaking of Mxyptlk....I would love to see a pop of him sitting on top of a cloud like the tweeterhead statue.

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:41 am

I would love to see dc super power or super friends pop and the legion of doom.

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Fri May 11, 2018 1:49 am

Batz31 wrote:I would love to see dc super power or super friends pop and the legion of doom.

So ur gunna bump old threads too?

Cool, got it.

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:03 pm

Batz31 wrote:I would love to see dc super power or super friends pop and the legion of doom.

All of this would be AWESOME with a Hall of Justice. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

AshleyWilbanks

Postby AshleyWilbanks » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:44 am

Count me in if they do this. With SpinMaster getting the license, I doubt there is much room for Funko to do this, unless they got the same clearance to release at just speciality shops like the previously released 4 inch figures. Heck I wish they would continue making those, I just need that 3 3/4" to 4" DC Comics action figure fix (with vehicles and playsets).
ImageImage

Follow me on Instagram: dccollectors
Follow me on Twitter: @dccollectors

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:40 am

AshleyWilbanks wrote:Count me in if they do this. With SpinMaster getting the license, I doubt there is much room for Funko to do this, unless they got the same clearance to release at just speciality shops like the previously released 4 inch figures. Heck I wish they would continue making those, I just need that 3 3/4" to 4" DC Comics action figure fix (with vehicles and playsets).

Agreed I need my Super Powers fix. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Image Image Image Image

Rex Mason

Postby Rex Mason » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:35 am

I started with Super Powers back in the day, so I wouldn't mind more. I used to have nearly the whole set (I only had Super Amigos Cyborg instead of the regular version, and I never found Golden Pharaoh, but otherwise I had 'em all), but these days I only collect bat-characters so I'm down to the five bat-related figures: Batman, Robin, Mr. Freeze, Joker, and Penguin. I also have the Batmobile, Batcopter, and the Hall of Justice.

I'd love to see figures like a classic Batgirl, Catwoman, and Man-Bat in the Super Powers style. And as a huge Outsiders fan, I wish somebody would make the Atomic Knight figure Super Powers planned all those decades ago.

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:33 am

Finally getting my wish...now we need a Bat mite!

alf_ie

Postby alf_ie » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:27 pm

If Funko made these figures, they would definitely need the Power Action feature, like squeeze Superman's legs and his arms punch gimmick.

Fundays
2014 San Diego
2015 San Diego
2016 San Diego
2017 San Diego
2022 San Diego
2023 San Diego

Funkoween
2016 San Diego

Making Fun Movie Premiere
2018 Hollywood

FunKon
2021 Hollywood

IN SEARCH OF: 2011 Funko Freddy Flav any color
IN SEARCH OF: 2023 Funko Freddy Lex Luthor

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:38 pm

alf_ie wrote:If Funko made these figures, they would definitely need the Power Action feature, like squeeze Superman's legs and his arms punch gimmick.

My all time favorite action figures..Super Powers! :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

Cobrala Commander

Postby Cobrala Commander » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:58 am

AshleyWilbanks wrote:Count me in if they do this. With SpinMaster getting the license, I doubt there is much room for Funko to do this, unless they got the same clearance to release at just speciality shops like the previously released 4 inch figures. Heck I wish they would continue making those, I just need that 3 3/4" to 4" DC Comics action figure fix (with vehicles and playsets).

Spinmaster has the kids toy license. McFarlane has the "collector" license but is limited from 6-12 inch.

I don't think it's been said who gets smaller scale licenses.

I wouldn't bet surprised to see Funko, at minimum, get a 5-6 inch collector license so they can do 5.5 Savage World figures in comics accurate costumes, apart from Primal Age.

Mezco or Funko either one could be contenders for 3 3/4" figures. Mezco has the 4 inch collector Hanna Barbara license, which often goes alongside DC.

Of course, Super Powers are 4.5".

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:36 am

This would be such a dream come true to me to have a fun inspired continuation of the super powers line. The justice league figures were satellite era and I would love to see Hawkgirl/Atom/Zatanna/Elongated Man and Black Canary.

Cobrala Commander

Postby Cobrala Commander » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:46 am

ghostrye wrote:This would be such a dream come true to me to have a fun inspired continuation of the super powers line. The justice league figures were satellite era and I would love to see Hawkgirl/Atom/Zatanna/Elongated Man and Black Canary.

I also wouldn’t mind Batman: TAS and JLU figures, which are the same scale classically as Super Powers.

ToyBiz did sort of a Super Powers revival with DCSH and Batman 1989. Then Kenner took over and that led into BTAS — and yet I’m pretty sure they never actually did an animation accurate early season Robin. The GCPD and Alfred were limited to rare multipacks. Mattel took over and ran JLU figures as a collector thing which included lots of DC characters who never appeared in the DCAU like the JSA but Hal Jordan got something like a 500 figure run that was only for Mattel employees as a Christmas gift.

I think something with the spirit of DC Collectibles BTAS but in a vintage 4.5” scale would generate excitement. Maybe building on Funko Pop Towns, you could have display pieces that hold a cardstock diorama piece. Like the Bat Computer. Or a chimney. Or the Batsignal.

But back to Super Powers: it would be really cool to get a full JSA. We got Doctor Fate. Hawkman could be Carter at certain points but has more of a Katar look.

Or the COIE main cast as a set! Harbinger, Pariah, Lady Quark, Alex Luthor, Superboy-Prime, Kal-L.

Or Elseworlds/Multiversity and you adapt the packaging.

So you do a Red Son wave and it’s all Soviet colors with hammers and sickles replacing the stars on classic Super Powers packaging. And the character art looks like a minimalist propaganda poster.

But each wave would take the classic Kenner packaging and sort of parody it by adjusting it to the wave theme.

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:10 pm

ghostrye wrote:This would be such a dream come true to me to have a fun inspired continuation of the super powers line. The justice league figures were satellite era and I would love to see Hawkgirl/Atom/Zatanna/Elongated Man and Black Canary.

I really wish Kenner would have finished the line but makes you wonder what they did with their over stock back in the day. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:04 am

Tusken wrote:

I really wish Kenner would have finished the line but makes you wonder what they did with their over stock back in the day. :freddy3:

It’s pretty fascinating how off the rails Kenner went with character assortments as the line went one:

Wave 1 was perfection across the board.
Wave 2 added fantastic heroes and took a cool jump to Apokolips.
Wave 3 had a handful of great ideas like plastic man, cyborg and Shazam. But then they add in cyclotron and d list villain Tyr.
And looking at the speculated and dumped wave 4, it’s a good thing they didn’t move forward with made up characters like “quadrex”.

With a massive catalog of amazing characters they lost their minds with new creations that nobody was asking for.

So, if Funko could create an expansion line featuring those missing characters, it would be a dream come true for me.

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:36 am

ghostrye wrote:
Tusken wrote:

It’s pretty fascinating how off the rails Kenner went with character assortments as the line went one:

Wave 3 had a handful of great ideas like plastic man, cyborg and Shazam. But then they add in cyclotron and d list villain Tyr.
And looking at the speculated and dumped wave 4, it’s a good thing they didn’t move forward with made up characters like “quadrex”.

With a massive catalog of amazing characters they lost their minds with new creations that nobody was asking for.

So, if Funko could create an expansion line featuring those missing characters, it would be a dream come true for me.

Wave 4 would be interesting in Funko Pop form. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:44 am

Tusken wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
Tusken wrote:

Wave 4 would be interesting in Funko Pop form. :freddy3:

With savage World, Funko emulates the the MOTU original style so well...so it just makes me wonder if they could mimic the Super Powers style. I’m here for it, if they they can.

KryptonianRed

Postby KryptonianRed » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:45 pm

I love this idea. I think my kid would like them

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:59 pm

KryptonianRed wrote:I love this idea. I think my kid would like them

My son would love to have them to play with and I think his dad would too. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

KryptonianRed

Postby KryptonianRed » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:04 pm

Tusken wrote:
KryptonianRed wrote:I love this idea. I think my kid would like them

My son would love to have them to play with and I think his dad would too. :freddy3:

lol same man, same

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:48 am

Honestly, the Teen Titans figures that came with the sub box were pretty close to Super Power scale..,I’d be done for more of those as well.

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:36 pm

This would be a great license for them to get. I’m sure they can’t make these, due to licensing issues.
:freddy1:

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:03 am

Fundays next year should be called Super Powers... :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:39 pm

Tusken wrote:Fundays next year should be called Super Powers... :freddy3:

That's such a great idea!...then I'll be crossing my fingers even more that I can make it to Fundays (never been :-({|= )
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:23 pm

jjb11590 wrote:

That's such a great idea!...then I'll be crossing my fingers even more that I can make it to Fundays (never been :-({|= )

I just think it would be awesome and interesting Freddys can come from it. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:44 pm

Tusken wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

I just think it would be awesome and interesting Freddys can come from it. :freddy3:

I can picture some pretty cool GITD variants; I've been pretty impressed with the newer GITD pops :cheers:
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:54 pm

Geescube wrote:

Cool, got it.

This old thread not only got bumped.. This sucker was resurrected LMAO!!

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:21 pm

SpastikGrl wrote:
Geescube wrote:

Cool, got it.

I love Super Powers! Keep it going!

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:21 pm

They definitely need a SuperHero themed event.

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:21 pm

lol
FunkoNerd wrote:
SpastikGrl wrote:
Geescube wrote:

Cool, got it.

That's funny this comment was more than a year ago and it's still going. I love it keep it going.

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:33 pm

Batz31 wrote:lol
FunkoNerd wrote:
SpastikGrl wrote:

That's funny this comment was more than a year ago and it's still going. I love it keep it going.

Like I said it was RESURRECTED!

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:38 pm

SpastikGrl wrote:
Batz31 wrote:lol
FunkoNerd wrote:

Like I said it was RESURRECTED!

I totally agree with you.

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:17 pm

Tusken wrote:
alf_ie wrote:If Funko made these figures, they would definitely need the Power Action feature, like squeeze Superman's legs and his arms punch gimmick.

My all time favorite action figures..Super Powers! :freddy3:

If they made those I would go crazy! All-time favorite toys. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

JediMike1128

Postby JediMike1128 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:14 am

Oh man, Super Powers re-release/reboot would be awesome! Takes me back!
Check out my podcast on Spotify! ---> https://open.spotify.com/show/6lVOYfi1X ... eVW8A&nd=1
Instagram @FilmakerMike
Fundays 2018!
May The Force Be With You! :freddy2:

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:35 am

JediMike1128 wrote:Oh man, Super Powers re-release/reboot would be awesome! Takes me back!

I remember circling them in the old Montgomery Wards catalogs for Christmas.
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Action Figures”