Star Wars Smugglers Bounty February 2019: Dagobah

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Classier

Re: Star Wars Smugglers Bounty February 2019: Dagobah

Postby Classier » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:37 pm

racheva wrote:
JuvyD wrote:The riddle and my guess is in the spoilier....
Spoiler: show

Sounds like a Luke meets Vader Movie moment in the Dagobah cave..."remember your failure in the cave"

I think you are probably spot on and I am bummed at the thought. I hate MM so much ](*,) I know not everyone agrees, but I like to display things my way and MM mess that up.

Not to mention that if the movie moment is what I think it is, it’ll be just about the least interesting thing they could’ve come up with.

AshleyWilbanks

Postby AshleyWilbanks » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:40 pm

I am hoping it is not a Movie Moment. I am just not a fan. From a display standpoint, they don't fit in with everything else. It's hard to put them on a shelf with all the other Pop figures.
ImageImage

Follow me on Instagram: dccollectors
Follow me on Twitter: @dccollectors

JuvyD

Postby JuvyD » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:39 pm

racheva wrote:
JuvyD wrote:The riddle and my guess is in the spoilier....

Sounds like a Luke meets Vader Movie moment in the Dagobah cave..."remember your failure in the cave"

I think you are probably spot on and I am bummed at the thought. I hate MM so much ](*,) I know not everyone agrees, but I like to display things my way and MM mess that up.

I'm not a big fan of MM either for all the same reasons. Maybe they could just give us 2 Pops, a Dagobah Luke and a Vader with the front helmet blown out showing Luke's face.

OffTheCHENG

Postby OffTheCHENG » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:36 am

AshleyWilbanks wrote:I am hoping it is not a Movie Moment. I am just not a fan. From a display standpoint, they don't fit in with everything else. It's hard to put them on a shelf with all the other Pop figures.

Definitely on the same page as you! If it's a movie moment, I'll sadly have to try and find a way to get rid of it. Just way too big and doesn't sit well with my collection.
Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:04 am

Still no hints out there on this box? Getting late to the game on whether to cancel or not.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

reggieu

Postby reggieu » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:42 am

volsspongebob wrote:Still no hints out there on this box? Getting late to the game on whether to cancel or not.

I’m in the same boat. Hoping for a leak today

OffTheCHENG

Postby OffTheCHENG » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:40 am

Anyone has info? lol
Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:40 am

I miss the days of leaks before the cut off. Not because I want to cancel (I never have, even for the boxes I was not a fan of) but because of the times when I added a box I wouldn't have gotten otherwise (happened twice with Marvel for the Hulk/Bruce Banner set and the Iron Man 2 Movie Moment). I am pretty surprised there wasn't any leak at all for this box still, even after the cut off.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:32 am

I miss the leaks too. I wonder how these boxes are doing now that they’re an Amazon exclusive? Seems like the hype has gone way down.
Hi! I’m Eric

OffTheCHENG

Postby OffTheCHENG » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:20 am

scullysdad wrote:I miss the days of leaks before the cut off. Not because I want to cancel (I never have, even for the boxes I was not a fan of) but because of the times when I added a box I wouldn't have gotten otherwise (happened twice with Marvel for the Hulk/Bruce Banner set and the Iron Man 2 Movie Moment). I am pretty surprised there wasn't any leak at all for this box still, even after the cut off.

Agreed! I was the same way. Now that I can't see whats in it...it's basically a deterrent for me now. I mean I still bought this one just in hopes of getting something awesome but the next one is definitely a lower chance of me buying unless there's a really REALLY great theme to it.
Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:15 pm

Has the Dagonah box shipped for anyone? Mine says it is areiving on May 3????
Hi! I’m Eric

racheva

Postby racheva » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:15 pm

I've spent over an hour on the phone with Amazon and it basically boils down to this:
- They didn't realize there was a problem.
- No one's boxes have shipped.
- It looks like Amazon has not yet received the box from Funko, but that is an assumption on their end as the item has not gone from "available for pre-order" to "ready to ship," as items do when Amazon is in possession of them.
- It looks like a glitch is pulling the release date for the next box, but they don't know why.
- The supervisor I spoke with has escalated it and will keep checking and get back to me.

I encourage everyone to tweet at Funko so maybe they'll clear up this confusion!
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:18 pm

racheva wrote:I've spent over an hour on the phone with Amazon and it basically boils down to this:
- It looks like Amazon has not yet received the box from Funko, but that is an assumption on their end as the item has not gone from "available for pre-order" to "ready to ship," as items do when Amazon is in possession of them.
- It looks like a glitch is pulling the release date for the next box, but they don't know why.
- The supervisor I spoke with has escalated it and will keep checking and get back to me.

I encourage everyone to tweet at Funko so maybe they'll clear up this confusion!

Thank you for taking the time to look into this!
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

racheva

Postby racheva » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:24 pm

NCDS wrote:
racheva wrote:I've spent over an hour on the phone with Amazon and it basically boils down to this:

You are very welcome! This is such a bizarre situation. I usually trust Amazon customer service to fix things, but this seems to be even too much for them to handle. I hope it reaches the attention of someone with enough authority to figure it out.
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:41 pm

racheva wrote:
NCDS wrote:

You are very welcome! This is such a bizarre situation. I usually trust Amazon customer service to fix things, but this seems to be even too much for them to handle. I hope it reaches the attention of someone with enough authority to figure it out.

This is definitely way above their pay grade, too bad they didn't say this box was on them for all your trouble.
ISO Pockets Snapsie

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:29 pm

Thank you for calling Amazon! I was wondering if this was just my order but it looks like wires got crossed and yhendagobah box got lumped in with the box for May. I am
Going to email them as well.
Hi! I’m Eric

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:51 am

I was wondering about this...thanks for taking the time to post and of course dealing with Amazon, I know how frustrating that can be :)

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:02 pm

I have gotten nowhere with Amazon. I think this will only get fixed if the dagobah box gets discovered in a warehouse. Who knows????
Hi! I’m Eric

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:11 pm

Just got off the phone with Amazon. The rep said the Dagobah box will ship in early May and the Wooklee box will ship at the end of May. Not sure what to believe here but the absence of any spoilers for the Dagobah box certainly make me wonder...
Hi! I’m Eric

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:30 pm

Mawhonic7 wrote:Just got off the phone with Amazon. The rep said the Dagobah box will ship in early May and the Wooklee box will ship at the end of May. Not sure what to believe here but the absence of any spoilers for the Dagobah box certainly make me wonder...

Man I am even more glad I canceled my order if that is true. To have two charges come out for a box in the same month would kill the Pop budget.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

[size=85]Image

The Head

Postby The Head » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:39 pm

Mine says shipped and that it will arrive tomorrow. :-k

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:51 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuoxPXcA4KJ/ -- spoilers for the box. Mine is coming Friday
and I don't even want it anymore :( Not my favorite box and I really don't want another movie moment.
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:38 pm

I love that little Yoda MM!
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:04 pm

Welp I am glad that I got out of that one. Hope everyone who got it though enjoys. On to Wookie now.

[size=85]Image

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:10 pm

I don't mind the Movie Moment so much but it's easy to see another Moment isn't what most people wanted. Outside of that, I'm glad I didn't order because while I think the Yoda Mini is cool, it doesn't sell the box for me.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

racheva

Postby racheva » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:06 pm

Just as bad as I feared it would be. I'd love a scientific poll, but it sure seems that Funko isn't listening to the general consensus re: movie moments. Why put them in the boxes when so many don't want them?

I do love the sticky pad.

ArcturuzOne

Postby ArcturuzOne » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:41 pm

Good thing I bailed on this one! I love Star Wars, but I just don't have much space for movie moments.

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:42 pm

Mine arrived yesterday and I opened it today. Interesting that it came in an amazon box this time. Guess it is less of a target for porch pirates. Overall, I’m happy with the contents.
Hi! I’m Eric

xbox_jeff

Postby xbox_jeff » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:16 pm

I hope others like this box, I for one, do not. Movie moments can go die in a fire, this one especially.

FunkoMeansFun

Postby FunkoMeansFun » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:08 am

Lonikins wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BuoxPXcA4KJ/ -- spoilers for the box. Mine is coming Friday
and I don't even want it anymore :( Not my favorite box and I really don't want another movie moment.

I think you'll love it once you see things ;) . :freddy3: :freddy3: :freddy4: .
:freddy3: Image

ImageImage

FunkoMeansFun

Postby FunkoMeansFun » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:09 am

At least I hope you do Lonikins :) .
:freddy3: Image

ImageImage

wsm10

Postby wsm10 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:46 am

As someone who's gotten every box, has no problem with space and also doesn't have a problem with well done movie moments, this box is terrible. It's incredibly disappointing that they had a lot of great possibilities to choose from, including this moment, and executed so badly. The MM looks so shoddy and thrown together. The best parts of this box are the mini & notepad. That's a sign of terrible choices being made. To me, it really seems like these boxes aren't important to them and are just being phoned in.

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:20 pm

FunkoMeansFun wrote:
Lonikins wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BuoxPXcA4KJ/ -- spoilers for the box. Mine is coming Friday

I think you'll love it once you see things ;) . :freddy3: :freddy3: :freddy4: .

Uh.... no...
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

funko_poptography_89

Postby funko_poptography_89 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:16 pm

Disappointing... would rather have stand alone pops than what we're getting in most of these boxes

OffTheCHENG

Postby OffTheCHENG » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:18 am

funko_poptography_89 wrote:Disappointing... would rather have stand alone pops than what we're getting in most of these boxes

True! One thing I found out though...it is returnable lol
Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:43 pm

This box was very much a Nerdbox or Lootcrate. A pop I don’t want with stuff I can’t use.

After all the feedback for the past six months, I’m surprised they still did another movie moment. I cancelled my subscription. Funko just doesn’t listen to us anymore. They didn’t bring back the patches or pins after the Amazon migration and they haven’t really knocked it out of the park in awhile.

I don’t mean to be negative, but I also don’t like wasting my money or space in my house.

OffTheCHENG

Postby OffTheCHENG » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:29 pm

Nooklin wrote:This box was very much a Nerdbox or Lootcrate. A pop I don’t want with stuff I can’t use.

After all the feedback for the past six months, I’m surprised they still did another movie moment. I cancelled my subscription. Funko just doesn’t listen to us anymore. They didn’t bring back the patches or pins after the Amazon migration and they haven’t really knocked it out of the park in awhile.

I don’t mean to be negative, but I also don’t like wasting my money or space in my house.

Yea, this one was a downer for sure. At least now I know that I can return the box if I don't like it. I'd rather loose $8 on shipping than $32 on a box that I don't like.
Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:50 am

such a missed opportunity to have a luke carrying yoda movie moment or whatever the han on taun taun is
No need to call me sir or mister.... David is fine.
Currently collecting SW, DC, Marvel, Conans and anything else that catches my eye, mostly anything chrome or GITD

racheva

Postby racheva » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:58 am

Yesterday, I tried unscrewing the base of the MM to see if I could take Luke off. Overly optimistic, I know. The Luke by himself is a great pop! I'm so tempted to just pry him up and call it a day. lol

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:52 pm

racheva wrote:Yesterday, I tried unscrewing the base of the MM to see if I could take Luke off. Overly optimistic, I know. The Luke by himself is a great pop! I'm so tempted to just pry him up and call it a day. lol

I would be worried I would break his foot off.
ISO Pockets Snapsie

Return to “Powered by Funko”