Aladdin Mystery Minis Series 1

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Re: Aladdin Mystery Minis Series 1

Postby RogueSolo » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:14 pm

I don't understand how Funko still lets Target get exclusives still. (Yes. I know. $$$$$$$) Even Walgreens puts out their exclusives every now-and-then...
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:48 am

Funko_Phan26 wrote:targets distribution sucks...rick and morty series 2 exclusives, the indredicbles exclusives, and harry potter 3, not to mention the rick and morty PSH.
Maybe they'll be out next year.

Probably because with Pops they typically do much better in getting the stock out and getting stuff moving. Maybe they sell better? Their biggest hang up seems to be the minis for sure.

prpsblue

Postby prpsblue » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:27 am

This was

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Hi Jim, my sincerest apologies for the slow responds, we always appreciate when customers are interested in our products. After doing some digging around there seems to be production issues with the Aladdin minis Target exclusives. We released a small batch of them via our distribution channels overseas however the team has decided to cancel all further distribution of the Target exclusive packages.

Thanks,
Jessica P

Your ticket number is ******.

prpsblue

Postby prpsblue » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:28 am

See the above message I received it this morning

I responded with this was such disappointing news so you are telling me Target will not sell the Target exclusives? How does that make sense?

If she responds i'll post it up here.

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:50 pm

prpsblue wrote:This was

Hi Jim, my sincerest apologies for the slow responds, we always appreciate when customers are interested in our products. After doing some digging around there seems to be production issues with the Aladdin minis Target exclusives. We released a small batch of them via our distribution channels overseas however the team has decided to cancel all further distribution of the Target exclusive packages.

Thanks,
Jessica P

What the heck? I wonder if they’re going to release them on the Funko shop...which means we’d have to buy a whole case to get the 3 exclusives :(
It’s me Lynda

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:05 am

Popfanatics wrote:

Thanks,
Jessica P

What the heck? I wonder if they’re going to release them on the Funko shop...which means we’d have to buy a whole case to get the 3 exclusives :(

Oh wow, that's a huge bummer. I would imagine once they are eventually made they will be sold on the Funko shop (like the old Toys R Us exclusive sets). I would be fine buying a whole case because I have been waiting to buy any for this set since it was 1/12.

Funko_Phan26

Postby Funko_Phan26 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:06 pm

Popfanatics wrote:

Thanks,
Jessica P

oh man....i hope that's not true.... :mad:
:freddy3:
[ig]https://www.instagram.com/funko_phan26/[/ig]

Fundays 2022, Blacklight Battle
Fright Night II NYCC 2022
FOTW 2/24/18
FOTW 11/30/22

ISO: Black Panther Protos Rick and Morty Mystery Mini Protos.
Been collecting since 2016. FoTW Feb 2018. Check out my toy photography on Instagram!

prpsblue

Postby prpsblue » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:50 am

I waited a few days and it doesn't look at she is going to respond. Funko support is horrible I had to jump through loops just to get to the bottom of this. When i initially asked the support team they responded with oh year you can get the target exclusives at target and I was like umm how I been to every target within a 30 miles range and I know as a fact they are not there. I had to escalate my ticket took about 2 weeks for someone to respond with a real answer. What a waste of time.

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:07 am

So that message was from Funko and not Target? That makes the "cancel all further distribution" part more ominous. Maybe the set on Ebay really is worth what they are listed for....not that I would spend that much on minis.

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:36 pm

I just ordered a case of the Target exclusives on ebay. Feel like they won't be out anymore and wanna grab the three exclusives before they're gone. I'll post pics when they arrive. :)

prpsblue

Postby prpsblue » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:31 pm

I don't understand why the one set I want is not available for me to collect them all. Why is Funko doing this? I'm not a mystery mini collector but I love this set. Does anybody know if this happens often where they just say F the fans?

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:23 am

I hope this isn't true. Target tends to get their minis later than other retailers.
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

prpsblue

Postby prpsblue » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:34 pm

I been following the ebay seller item and is it me or does his price keep going up? I think he started at $450 and now it's at $480. Maybe he thinks he can rise his prices based on watchers, we should all just unwatch this item. I'm not sure what gives him the right to keep increasing the price.

prpsblue

Postby prpsblue » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:36 pm

I want these so bad please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funko_Phan26

Postby Funko_Phan26 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:16 pm

prpsblue wrote:I don't understand why the one set I want is not available for me to collect them all. Why is Funko doing this? I'm not a mystery mini collector but I love this set. Does anybody know if this happens often where they just say F the fans?

target is notoriously bad at distributing their minis. They had target exclusive rick and morty pint size heroes and they didn't show up until about a year later.

FOTW 2/24/18
FOTW 11/30/22

Been collecting since 2016. FoTW Feb 2018. Check out my toy photography on Instagram!

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:01 pm

prpsblue wrote:I don't understand why the one set I want is not available for me to collect them all. Why is Funko doing this? I'm not a mystery mini collector but I love this set. Does anybody know if this happens often where they just say F the fans?

I don't think they are specifically telling the collectors 'F the fans'. Like others are saying, Target is just really bad at distributing mins. They do much better with pops.
Edit: after looking at another collector's post, Target is blaming this on a production issue which would make this a Funko issue so this may just be an issue of the blame game. #-o #-o

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:31 pm

My target exclusive case just shipped yesterday. Should be here in a week or so.

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:58 pm

RobinBear177 wrote:My target exclusive case just shipped yesterday. Should be here in a week or so.

If you don't mind me asking. Where did you purchase a case?
Dennis

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

dtmkyle

Postby dtmkyle » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:01 pm

Thanks,
Jessica P

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:47 pm

AnyGivenFunko wrote:
RobinBear177 wrote:My target exclusive case just shipped yesterday. Should be here in a week or so.

On eBay. The same guy has 3 more cases.

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:54 pm

Anybody have a weight on disguised Jasmine (hoping its distinctive)? Its the last non-exclusive I need. Also, has anyone found a blue dress Jasmine that will actually stand? I've pulled three, and none of them are stable. Luckily she looks good propped up against Raja.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:37 pm

RobinBear177 wrote:
AnyGivenFunko wrote:

I wonder where that person managed to get 4 cases. Where did they ship from by chance?

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:39 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
RobinBear177 wrote:
AnyGivenFunko wrote:

I wonder where that person managed to get 4 cases. Where did they ship from by chance?

They shipped from Australia. They should be here tomorrow. Will post pics.

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:03 pm

I got one of the Australia cases at the end of last week. I can confirm the layout is similar to the one unboxed on YouTube. I got all three exclusives, and three spots of 1/24 or better. Elephant Abu seems to be the key to the layout. On YouTube, he was Top-Left-Front, but for me he was Bottom-Right-Back. Once you find him, which is easy because he is so heavy (>100 grams), Genie Jafar is diagonal from him on the same level in the middle, and GITD Genie is directly above/below
Genie Jafar.

The GITD genie replaces a 1/6 Genie, the Elephant Abu replaces the 1/12 Monkey Abu, and the Genie Jafar replaces the 1/12 Regular Jafar. I got really lucky and found that 1/36 Disguised Jasmine I was asking about too (59.27 grams btw)! Set complete, and the unopened boxes are going to the Children's Hospital!

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:38 pm

buried_by_pops wrote:I got one of the Australia cases at the end of last week. I can confirm the layout is similar to the one unboxed on YouTube. I got all three exclusives, and three spots of 1/24 or better. Elephant Abu seems to be the key to the layout. On YouTube, he was Top-Left-Front, but for me he was Bottom-Right-Back. Once you find him, which is easy because he is so heavy (>100 grams), Genie Jafar is diagonal from him on the same level in the middle, and GITD Genie is directly above/below
Genie Jafar.

The GITD genie replaces a 1/6 Genie, the Elephant Abu replaces the 1/12 Monkey Abu, and the Genie Jafar replaces the 1/12 Regular Jafar. I got really lucky and found that 1/36 Disguised Jasmine I was asking about too (59.27 grams btw)! Set complete, and the unopened boxes are going to the Children's Hospital!

Congratulations on getting the set complete! Love that the unopened minis are going to make a lot of kids very happy =D>
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:42 pm

Congrats on finishing your set! I just can't afford to pull the trigger on another full case right now, or else I would love to be complete as well.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:51 pm

RobinBear177 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
RobinBear177 wrote: On eBay. The same guy has 3 more cases.

Can't wait to see it!

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:12 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
RobinBear177 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:I wonder where that person managed to get 4 cases. Where did they ship from by chance?

Can't wait to see it!

Here they are :)

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:14 pm

The glow on the Genie is pretty amazing. I love him and Jafar as genie. Such cool minis. Abu is cool too haha.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:15 pm

Those look really good!
Marty
Funklub member #1093

billydarector

Postby billydarector » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:50 pm

Are these still in the works or do you think Target distribution is holding out until the Aladdin movie comes out?
ISO: Rare Mystery Minis, Retro Freddys
Over 1200 Mystery Minis and growing
Image Image

Funko_Phan26

Postby Funko_Phan26 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:07 pm

billydarector wrote:Are these still in the works or do you think Target distribution is holding out until the Aladdin movie comes out?

A target worker posted in the mini group that Target is getting their Aladdin pops on 4/21 so if these are going to come out I would hope/think it would be around the same time???

FOTW 2/24/18
FOTW 11/30/22

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:24 pm

Funko_Phan26 wrote:
billydarector wrote:Are these still in the works or do you think Target distribution is holding out until the Aladdin movie comes out?

A target worker posted in the mini group that Target is getting their Aladdin pops on 4/21 so if these are going to come out I would hope/think it would be around the same time???

Might be a chance, best way to check would be if we had a DCPI for the Aladdin minis on Target's sytem.
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:55 pm

buried_by_pops wrote:I got one of the Australia cases at the end of last week. I can confirm the layout is similar to the one unboxed on YouTube. I got all three exclusives, and three spots of 1/24 or better. Elephant Abu seems to be the key to the layout. On YouTube, he was Top-Left-Front, but for me he was Bottom-Right-Back. Once you find him, which is easy because he is so heavy (>100 grams), Genie Jafar is diagonal from him on the same level in the middle, and GITD Genie is directly above/below
Genie Jafar.

Congrats on getting not just the exclusives, but one of the rares you needed too :)
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:32 pm

RobinBear177 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
RobinBear177 wrote:

Can't wait to see it!

Here they are :)

Those look great!! Ughh hoping we get a shot at them here.

Yassiefay4

Postby Yassiefay4 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:52 pm

RobinBear177 wrote:The glow on the Genie is pretty amazing. I love him and Jafar as genie. Such cool minis. Abu is cool too haha.

THAT GLOW!!! So awesome!!! Congrats!

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:06 pm

I'm only missing Jafar from this set now. If anyone has an extra and wants to trade let me know.

billydarector

Postby billydarector » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:11 pm

Looks like someone found them at a Target in Socal!

ISO: Rare Mystery Minis, Retro Freddys
Over 1200 Mystery Minis and growing
Image Image

D4nnym4n123

Postby D4nnym4n123 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:05 pm

Not a huge fan of mystery minis but enjoy the art from them
Happy Hunting everybody! And may the force and Freddy gods be with you!
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
SDCC 19'
ECCC Virtual Con 20'
FUNDAYS 2022!
FDO!
Show me that funko love and follow my twitch please? https://m.twitch.tv/d4nnym4n

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:34 pm

billydarector wrote:Looks like someone found them at a Target in Socal!

Is it finally hitting stores? That store is near my place. I'll swing by to confirm.
Dennis

Return to “Blind Bags”