DC Bombshells Mystery Minis!

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Lady_Macbeth

Re: DC Bombshells Mystery Minis!

Postby Lady_Macbeth » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:25 am

RobinBear177 wrote:Ferrara Market has a 40% off Funko sale goin on. I got the specialty series bombshells case for $51 shipped

https://www.ferraramarketinc.com/collec ... lty-series

Dear me. I must have just missed this. The link is down, and the Specialty Series MM's don't appear anywhere on their site. Shame.
"I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal." - Jane Austen

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:14 am

Lady_Macbeth wrote:
RobinBear177 wrote:Ferrara Market has a 40% off Funko sale goin on. I got the specialty series bombshells case for $51 shipped

https://www.ferraramarketinc.com/collec ... lty-series

Dear me. I must have just missed this. The link is down, and the Specialty Series MM's don't appear anywhere on their site. Shame.

That is so weird...I just ordered last night and got my confirmation email.

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:54 am

Hopefully they’ll be shipping out soon if they’re off the web site

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:33 pm

RobinBear177 wrote:Hopefully they’ll be shipping out soon if they’re off the web site

Agreed! I think I remember December as their release date.

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:35 pm

Saw some of the regular case at my local Box Lunch last night

BrienneTheBlue

Postby BrienneTheBlue » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:39 am

I'm hoping these will be in UK stores soon, it seems they've been delayed a bit from when my local comic book shop was expecting them in

Hi, I'm Fran.

Signature from the fantastic bathtub-tigers

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:04 pm

I pulled HawkGirl today. She’s the heaviest of the bunch in the regular case

Turog_j

Postby Turog_j » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:14 pm

It amazes me how some people are able to distinguish the character by weight or touch; use to see collectors from Kid Robot's line do this with their mystery minis - it was like watching cat buglers at work.

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:45 pm

Just picked up a few minis yesterday. They look pretty awesome. I got Starfire and Raven (two out of three exclusives0. Starfire looks great!
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:27 am

Saw them in person today. About a third of them can't stand on their own. Glad there's an alternative.

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:43 pm

Got the whole set today. Just waiting on the specialty series case.

geoffdude

Postby geoffdude » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:50 am

Nice .. where did you pick up a whole set?

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:16 am

geoffdude wrote:Nice .. where did you pick up a whole set?

Gamestop

AshleyWilbanks

Postby AshleyWilbanks » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:33 am

I am a huge DC collector, but I have serious trouble trying to like the DC Bombshells concept. So the question is what draws you to the look of these characters? What makes you want to collect not just this Mystery Minis line, but any line containing these characters? This is not a bashing thread, I honestly want to like them, and add a few to the collection, but just can't seem to buy into them. Help me understand :)
ImageImage

Follow me on Instagram: dccollectors
Follow me on Twitter: @dccollectors

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:01 am

AshleyWilbanks wrote:I am a huge DC collector, but I have serious trouble trying to like the DC Bombshells concept. So the question is what draws you to the look of these characters? What makes you want to collect not just this Mystery Minis line, but any line containing these characters? This is not a bashing thread, I honestly want to like them, and add a few to the collection, but just can't seem to buy into them. Help me understand :)

I adore them for the vintage look, and they are true to character when you mash up superheroes and pinups from the 40s and 50s. And the minis and dorbz are adorable.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

Pop_A_Razzi

Postby Pop_A_Razzi » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:57 pm

I don't think its get any cuter then this !!!! i love these i got all three exclusives but have yet to find the Black Canary, kitara, and magician are those a store exclusive i don't know about ?
INSTAGRAM: @Pop.A.Razzi

geoffdude

Postby geoffdude » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:40 am

Pop_A_Razzi wrote:I don't think its get any cuter then this !!!! i love these i got all three exclusives but have yet to find the Black Canary, kitara, and magician are those a store exclusive i don't know about ?

Kind of .. if you're in the store and the box shows Green Lantern, Raven and Starfire on it then the 3 above won't be in that "specialty" assortment mix. IF the box does show them then you have a 1:12 chance to get 'em in the regular assortment mix.

Each mix can be ordered by the stores .. so the box art is the only way to know for sure what mix you got.

Pop_A_Razzi

Postby Pop_A_Razzi » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:10 am

Such great help thank you soooooo much !!!!
INSTAGRAM: @Pop.A.Razzi

beachball48

Postby beachball48 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:34 pm

Took the plunge into this set today.
I managed to nab 2 Specialty Series, but Green Lantern eluded me!
Last edited by beachball48 on Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:48 pm

My specialty series case from ferrera market just shipped. Should be here tomorrow and I'll have the complete set :)

imbatgirlpop

Postby imbatgirlpop » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:15 am

These ladies look awesome!!!! Great job funko!!!!!

geoffdude

Postby geoffdude » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:52 pm

RobinBear177 wrote:My specialty series case from ferrera market just shipped. Should be here tomorrow and I'll have the complete set :)

When you get them can you take note of the figure layout (from pattern below) and let us know?

(TOP LAYER: Pattern)
Back Left - Back Middle - Back Right
Middle Left - Middle Middle - Middle Right
Front Left - Front Middle - Front Right

(BOTTOM LAYER: Pattern)

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:09 pm

geoffdude wrote:
RobinBear177 wrote:My specialty series case from ferrera market just shipped. Should be here tomorrow and I'll have the complete set :)

When you get them can you take note of the figure layout (from pattern below) and let us know?

(TOP LAYER: Pattern)

(BOTTOM LAYER: Pattern)

I already threw away the boxes but I remember the specialty series exclusives were top back left and front two on the bottom

geoffdude

Postby geoffdude » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:19 am

Great, thx.
:)

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:24 am

AshleyWilbanks wrote:I am a huge DC collector, but I have serious trouble trying to like the DC Bombshells concept. So the question is what draws you to the look of these characters? What makes you want to collect not just this Mystery Minis line, but any line containing these characters? This is not a bashing thread, I honestly want to like them, and add a few to the collection, but just can't seem to buy into them. Help me understand :)

The retro styling is cool, and for me, it's a break from the monotony of statues and figures that all have really similar costumes. The original full-size statues from DC Collectibles also utilize poses that aren't commonly seen -- Poison Ivy sitting on the floor, Catwoman sitting on a chair, Supergirl and Hawkgirl either about to take off or land, Harley Quinn riding a bomb, Raven levitating, etc.

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:23 pm

These are so cute, but I must resist! It's probably for the best I missed out on the Ferrera Market sale back in December.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Lady_Macbeth

Postby Lady_Macbeth » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:38 am

If anybody has any extra DC Bombshells MM's they want to unload, hit me up!
"I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal." - Jane Austen

Bushmaster51

Postby Bushmaster51 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:21 pm

I finally got my wife the set of the specialty series. Now I just need to find the 3 last commons to complete the set.

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:28 am

For me, it’s the fact that it’s rare for DC or Marvel to focus an entire “universe” on the female characters. It feels like a breath of fresh air that it isn’t bogged down with Batman/Superman/Flash/Joker/Green lantern dominating the entire storyline. Not only is the design work for the women expertly done, but the storylines revolve around capable women that aren’t “just” the love interest of the male lead/damsel in distress/Victim/etc.

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:35 am

I can honestly say that the minis (Funko or Cryptozoic) do not pull me in. lol
The artwork from the original covers is what grabbed me. Then the artwork and stories from the respective comic series.
There have been some amazing statues and vinyls produced based on that artwork.
These minis may not be the best way for you to see this but check out the thread below to see other options that may pull you in.
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=77283

If not, check out the comic covers and comic series
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

beachball48

Postby beachball48 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:42 pm

beachball48 wrote:Took the plunge into this set today.
I managed to nab 2 Specialty Series, but Green Lantern eluded me!

Finally got Green Lantern this week! My set is complete! Phew. That was satisfying.

I started out feeling unsure about this series, but once I started seeing them in person, I feel in love! Some of the details in these minis are amazing (tattoos, transparent effects, etc).

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:08 am

I am still waiting for my case of Bombshells...ordered in december but apparently the retailer has only received the specialty series and I ordered the general release. It’s painful to see them in the stores when I haven’t gotten mine yet!

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:50 am

ghostrye wrote:I am still waiting for my case of Bombshells...ordered in december but apparently the retailer has only received the specialty series and I ordered the general release. It’s painful to see them in the stores when I haven’t gotten mine yet!

I hate when that happens! I have stopped preordering mini cases for the most part for this very reason. One time I had preordered a case from a retailer, then they were super delayed, and by the time they got them in the sets had already come and gone in stores. To top it off, the retailer ended up putting the cases on clearance on their site and those were shipped out the same time mine was. :rolleyes:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:51 pm

kihou wrote:
ghostrye wrote:I am still waiting for my case of Bombshells...ordered in december but apparently the retailer has only received the specialty series and I ordered the general release. It’s painful to see them in the stores when I haven’t gotten mine yet!

I hate when that happens! I have stopped preordering mini cases for the most part for this very reason. One time I had preordered a case from a retailer, then they were super delayed, and by the time they got them in the sets had already come and gone in stores. To top it off, the retailer ended up putting the cases on clearance on their site and those were shipped out the same time mine was. :rolleyes:

Ugh. That is completely maddening. I get so excited for preorders that I like the security in ordering in advance, but when you see the item at brick and mortar stores first, it completely bums me out.

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:35 am

ghostrye wrote:
kihou wrote:

Ugh. That is completely maddening. I get so excited for preorders that I like the security in ordering in advance, but when you see the item at brick and mortar stores first, it completely bums me out.

Yeah, I just also get nervous preordering because usually if something goes wrong, I'm outside of the window of making a claim on my CC, so there's no protection. If it's not a reputable site, they could just keep stringing you along then not send it out.

Typically it's that they just don't get shipments in sooner than the bigger stores, but once and awhile I've had to track down my orders and ask where they were since it had been months.

I think this is combined too with the fact that sometimes Funko doesn't put a hard release date on mini sets (look at Sailor Moon, that was "coming soon" forever). So retailers put them up for preorder, but don't know when they will actually get them.
ISO Mystery Minis!

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:32 am

kihou wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
kihou wrote:I hate when that happens! I have stopped preordering mini cases for the most part for this very reason. One time I had preordered a case from a retailer, then they were super delayed, and by the time they got them in the sets had already come and gone in stores. To top it off, the retailer ended up putting the cases on clearance on their site and those were shipped out the same time mine was. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I just also get nervous preordering because usually if something goes wrong, I'm outside of the window of making a claim on my CC, so there's no protection. If it's not a reputable site, they could just keep stringing you along then not send it out.

Typically it's that they just don't get shipments in sooner than the bigger stores, but once and awhile I've had to track down my orders and ask where they were since it had been months.

I think this is combined too with the fact that sometimes Funko doesn't put a hard release date on mini sets (look at Sailor Moon, that was "coming soon" forever). So retailers put them up for preorder, but don't know when they will actually get them.

Yes to all of this... your cautionary tale resonates with me because of the lack of communication from the vendor. I hate to be a nag and email them every few weeks, but it would be so much more reassuring if they just sent a message that said “We followed up with the distrubutor and have learned the product will ship on xxxx date.” I think that small gesture of goodwill to the client would be appreciated.

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:15 am

ghostrye wrote:
kihou wrote:
ghostrye wrote:

Yes to all of this... your cautionary tale resonates with me because of the lack of communication from the vendor. I hate to be a nag and email them every few weeks, but it would be so much more reassuring if they just sent a message that said “We followed up with the distrubutor and have learned the product will ship on xxxx date.” I think that small gesture of goodwill to the client would be appreciated.

This, or even just updating the website/page with their info (that way they don't have to email everyone individually). I've had it where the "Expected ship date" is the previous month with no other updates. Then, like you said, you have to seem annoying and email multiple times to get some info.
ISO Mystery Minis!

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:45 am

kihou wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
kihou wrote:Yeah, I just also get nervous preordering because usually if something goes wrong, I'm outside of the window of making a claim on my CC, so there's no protection. If it's not a reputable site, they could just keep stringing you along then not send it out.

This, or even just updating the website/page with their info (that way they don't have to email everyone individually). I've had it where the "Expected ship date" is the previous month with no other updates. Then, like you said, you have to seem annoying and email multiple times to get some info.

The other part that leaves me in a quandary is trying to decide when is the acceptable time to ask for a full return for undelivered goods. I’ve seen the bombshell minis at Box Lunch and Michaels...what’s a reasonable time to just call it quits and cancel an order?

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:27 pm

ghostrye wrote:
kihou wrote:
ghostrye wrote:

The other part that leaves me in a quandary is trying to decide when is the acceptable time to ask for a full return for undelivered goods. I’ve seen the bombshell minis at Box Lunch and Michaels...what’s a reasonable time to just call it quits and cancel an order?

It's hard to know when to pull an order. In some cases, bigger retailers will get items fast since they are ordering so many, versus smaller retailers who only order some at a time. I'd say if you feel nervous about your order and they aren't responding or keeping communications up well and you've given them many opportunities to do so, that it's fair to make a claim and cancel your order.
ISO Mystery Minis!

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:04 am

kihou wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
kihou wrote:This, or even just updating the website/page with their info (that way they don't have to email everyone individually). I've had it where the "Expected ship date" is the previous month with no other updates. Then, like you said, you have to seem annoying and email multiple times to get some info.

It's hard to know when to pull an order. In some cases, bigger retailers will get items fast since they are ordering so many, versus smaller retailers who only order some at a time. I'd say if you feel nervous about your order and they aren't responding or keeping communications up well and you've given them many opportunities to do so, that it's fair to make a claim and cancel your order.

I love the idea of supporting a smaller retailer and throw my money at a business like that instead of amazon or some other big shop...I just wish they recognized the need to keep their consumers informed.

Return to “Blind Bags”