Haunted Mansion 50th anniversary

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
ckjohns85

Re: Haunted Mansion 50th anniversary

Postby ckjohns85 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:48 am

jedik6 wrote:If it turns out d23, gulp. I hate to be a negative nelly but as someone who’s been burned by the dreaded d23 exclusive store line, I have to warn people: good luck. I am not trying to dissuade anyone. If you wish to brave that line, it’s your choice. I foolishly braved it two years ago for these Once Upon a Time dolls. Stood in it for 5 hours - NO I’m not exaggerating. And did I get my dolls? NO. As I learned after 5 hours, the sorcerers had long cleaned them out earlier that morning.

Take it from someone who had to resort to EBay after a wasted day in line at d23’s exclusive store: if there are d23 hm pops and you wish to test your luck at that exclusive line, do so knowing you run the risk of waiting all day and not getting them.

That being said, if the rumored screenshot I saw on ig is true, we may not have to suffer at all. Maybe they’ll be commons. We can hope.

I was coming here to say the same thing. Even though it's hard to get into the booth at SDCC, they at least have a lot of shared pops that you can purchase online. I had a lot of success last year with ordering online when I didn't get a Funko booth ticket. D23 I feel like is almost impossible...
Colette :cat:

Fundays 2019 second place hula contest!

Image Image

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:11 pm

d00dz wrote:
N POP wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:Why does everyone want them to be exclusives? We should all be wishing they are commons. lol. I'm hoping I don't have to shell out more than $200 for the set if they are Parks exclusives, but..anywhere else, and they would be more, I'm sure.

But I like exclusives... just not when conventions don’t take steps to prevent exhibitors from jumping the line.

Totally this!

Exclusives are nice, but what's nicer is a chance to have them slightly more obtainable. If they want exclusives, then they can make more GITD like they did with the set for SDCC.
Melissa

mactds

Postby mactds » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:52 pm

Would love all of the ghosts as Rides!
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:52 pm

Add me to the list of happy people! I love the haunted mansion ride
Hi, I'm CY

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:56 pm

ckjohns85 wrote:
jedik6 wrote:If it turns out d23, gulp. I hate to be a negative nelly but as someone who’s been burned by the dreaded d23 exclusive store line, I have to warn people: good luck. I am not trying to dissuade anyone. If you wish to brave that line, it’s your choice. I foolishly braved it two years ago for these Once Upon a Time dolls. Stood in it for 5 hours - NO I’m not exaggerating. And did I get my dolls? NO. As I learned after 5 hours, the sorcerers had long cleaned them out earlier that morning.

Take it from someone who had to resort to EBay after a wasted day in line at d23’s exclusive store: if there are d23 hm pops and you wish to test your luck at that exclusive line, do so knowing you run the risk of waiting all day and not getting them.

That being said, if the rumored screenshot I saw on ig is true, we may not have to suffer at all. Maybe they’ll be commons. We can hope.

I was coming here to say the same thing. Even though it's hard to get into the booth at SDCC, they at least have a lot of shared pops that you can purchase online. I had a lot of success last year with ordering online when I didn't get a Funko booth ticket. D23 I feel like is almost impossible...

After hearing all the stories over the years about D23 exclusives, I have no interest in or any expectations that I would get through the exclusive lines there if I decided to go. I'm really hoping this will be a park exclusive, or maybe it'll be a D23 shared exclusive with the park.
Hi, I'm CY

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Postby jedik6 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:01 pm

repair-manmanmanman wrote:
ckjohns85 wrote:

After hearing all the stories over the years about D23 exclusives, I have no interest in or any expectations that I would get through the exclusive lines there if I decided to go. I'm really hoping this will be a park exclusive, or maybe it'll be a D23 shared exclusive with the park.

That wouldn't be a bad thought either. Best possible sitch is commons. I dread some sort of exclusive along with commons lol. If you go to d23, just go to have fun! Forget about the exclusives and the auto signings (if any). We tried auto signings last year to learn the same nasty lesson as with the exclusives. Slept in line overnight in a horribly drafty and cold hall only to be shut out by the Sorcerer ticket holders.

WARNING:
If you go expecting a shot at exclusives and decide to brave the lines, please be advised that the Sorcerer ticket holders are ALWAYS let in ahead of everyone else. That means that once the exhibit hall is opened and you go to line up for the stores or autograph lines (if any), know that the Sorcerer ticket holders are already in line - meaning there's a good possibility the line is capped.
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023
ISO Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel MCU
Wednesday Addams Netflix Proto

Popsaysyee

Postby Popsaysyee » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:46 pm

Cannot wait to see what Funko has in store for this!!
Jayson

ImageImageImage

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:59 pm

jedik6 wrote:
ckjohns85 wrote:

That wouldn't be a bad thought either. Best possible sitch is commons. I dread some sort of exclusive along with commons lol. If you go to d23, just go to have fun! Forget about the exclusives and the auto signings (if any). We tried auto signings last year to learn the same nasty lesson as with the exclusives. Slept in line overnight in a horribly drafty and cold hall only to be shut out by the Sorcerer ticket holders.

WARNING:
If you go expecting a shot at exclusives and decide to brave the lines, please be advised that the Sorcerer ticket holders are ALWAYS let in ahead of everyone else. That means that once the exhibit hall is opened and you go to line up for the stores or autograph lines (if any), know that the Sorcerer ticket holders are already in line - meaning there's a good possibility the line is capped.

I gave this same advice to my sister who's planning to go to D23 this August. Although this was before Brian's cryptic message so I told her there probably wouldn't be any pops. Idk if she would still listen to me if she found out there's some kind of exclusive.
Hi, I'm CY

AnimalX

Postby AnimalX » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:24 pm

I'm hoping it's at D23. It would be better than the subscription boxes at the 2017 expo.

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:32 pm

Saw a Haunted Mansion thread and needed to pop in here to see what's going on! I have heard the legend of the D23 exclusive store. hopefully any HM pops are available online for all
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

anime23

Postby anime23 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:06 pm

ckjohns85 wrote:

Funko needs to do times if they are going to sell at D23. To avoid all the sorcerers getting them. Just because you can afford to spend 2k on a pass to a convention doesn't mean you should push everyone else who can't afford it out of a chance.
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Postby jedik6 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:08 pm

AnimalX wrote:I'm hoping it's at D23. It would be better than the subscription boxes at the 2017 expo.

If it is, then I sincerely wish you all the luck. If you're not a Sorcerer ticket holder, I hope you can get into the line quickly. Sorcerers get in ahead of everyone else and they do not hesitate to clean out the exclusives. As I would tell you, it cost me an entire day of wasting time in the exclusive line just so I could then resort to ebay for my dolls (yes I chose to pay).
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:09 pm

jedik6 wrote:
AnimalX wrote:I'm hoping it's at D23. It would be better than the subscription boxes at the 2017 expo.

If it is, then I sincerely wish you all the luck. If you're not a Sorcerer ticket holder, I hope you can get into the line quickly. Sorcerers get in ahead of everyone else and they do not hesitate to clean out the exclusives. As I would tell you, it cost me an entire day of wasting time in the exclusive line just so I could then resort to ebay for my dolls (yes I chose to pay).

Is this really that different from any other con?
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Postby jedik6 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:12 pm

anime23 wrote:
ckjohns85 wrote:

Funko needs to do times if they are going to sell at D23. To avoid all the sorcerers getting them. Just because you can afford to spend 2k on a pass to a convention doesn't mean you should push everyone else who can't afford it out of a chance.

I couldn't agree more. Or do a lottery. I was beyond frustrated after 5 hours in that line to learn the sorcerers had bought all the dolls I wanted earlier that morning and then the next year to learn that they had filled up the autograph line when were were about to try to get into it (that was worse because of having camped all night only to see our effort flushed by sorcerers).
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Postby jedik6 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:14 pm

theoneupper02 wrote:
jedik6 wrote:

Is this really that different from any other con?

No but there's apparently a lot of folks who think the lines at the Disney one are attemptable. To their credit, CCI went over to the lottery system to attempt to control their mess. It's not a perfect system but it is something that perhaps Disney ought to consider?

Not to mention, Disney allows for a structured ticket package that basically caters to people willing to fork over insane amounts of money. I know other cons have VIP packages too but Disney's is exorbitant. Really? $2,500 per person???
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023

Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cristina » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:36 pm

I can't wait to see what new HM pieces Funko will be putting out.
Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

N POP

Postby N POP » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:52 pm

jedik6 wrote:WARNING:

Sorcerer ticket? Already sounds evil!!!

Mjacob78

Postby Mjacob78 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:56 pm

Yes it would be nice if D23 did the lottery. In 2017 We camped out and did make It into the Disney store everyday and MOG for pins everyday by splitting up my family, and yes the Sorcerers were in line already because they get led in right before everyone else BUT we got every doll and pin. Maybe that year they weren't as popular? Im sure things would've changed had Funko released exclusives besides the Dorbz and only SW that year. If they do an exclusive with a decent release number others besides Sorcerers would get them. Does anyone know about how many Sorcerers there are?
Gotta love those pops :freddy2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:24 pm

Mjacob78 wrote:Yes it would be nice if D23 did the lottery. In 2017 We camped out and did make It into the Disney store everyday and MOG for pins everyday by splitting up my family, and yes the Sorcerers were in line already because they get led in right before everyone else BUT we got every doll and pin. Maybe that year they weren't as popular? Im sure things would've changed had Funko released exclusives besides the Dorbz and only SW that year. If they do an exclusive with a decent release number others besides Sorcerers would get them. Does anyone know about how many Sorcerers there are?

Based on your experience, I can't imagine there'd be a lot of Sorcerers at a ticket price of $2,500. But then again, people are willing to shell out $$$ for anything Disney.
Hi, I'm CY

SHERFEY

Postby SHERFEY » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:10 pm

Best.
Ride.
Ever.
Utinni!!

weird888

Postby weird888 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:19 pm

jedik6 wrote:
ckjohns85 wrote:

WARNING:

This. D23 exclusives = Sorceror's package exclusive lol

weird888

Postby weird888 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:21 pm

Mjacob78 wrote:Yes it would be nice if D23 did the lottery. In 2017 We camped out and did make It into the Disney store everyday and MOG for pins everyday by splitting up my family, and yes the Sorcerers were in line already because they get led in right before everyone else BUT we got every doll and pin. Maybe that year they weren't as popular? Im sure things would've changed had Funko released exclusives besides the Dorbz and only SW that year. If they do an exclusive with a decent release number others besides Sorcerers would get them. Does anyone know about how many Sorcerers there are?

Based on your experience, I can't imagine there'd be a lot of Sorcerers at a ticket price of $2,500. But then again, people are willing to shell out $$$ for anything Disney.

As I recall, Sorceror's package sells out every year. Not sure if it's within the hour but it's pretty fast.

*edit - just looked at 2019 Sorceror's package is already sold out lol

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:03 pm

weird888 wrote:

As I recall, Sorceror's package sells out every year. Not sure if it's within the hour but it's pretty fast.

That is crazy. D23 exclusives often end up being sold for exorbitant rates because sorcerer's want to make their money back.
ImageImageImage Image

ejcurtis115

Postby ejcurtis115 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:18 pm

Not only are there tons of people willing to pay for the Sorcerer's Pass, but they sell out faster than an Ad Icon on Funko Shop Wednesday drop!
:SW9:
Pops!: 4,500+
Dorbz: 50+
Hikari (regular & XS): 26
Mystery minis: 100+
Pint size heroes: 50+
Reaction figures: 17
Action figures: 24
Wacky Wobblers: 9
Pez Pops: 50+
T's, hat's, patches, pins, socks, Loungefly bags, wallets, backpacks, mugs, salt & pepper shakers, etc.: too many to count!
Funklub member: 13394 (waited a few years into collecting to go ahead and join)

JUSTlistIN

Postby JUSTlistIN » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:52 pm

the D23 line is stuff of nightmares

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:30 am

ejcurtis115 wrote:

Not only are there tons of people willing to pay for the Sorcerer's Pass, but they sell out faster than an Ad Icon on Funko Shop Wednesday drop!

Wow didn't know that :o
Will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo releases Mother 3?

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:58 am

weird888 wrote:

Oh, it sold out in under two minutes I believe. I tried and because you are just trying to get the tickets in your cart, if you aren't in the first few seconds, you didn't get them. It's very competitive.

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:00 am

wolfy233 wrote:
weird888 wrote:

Oh, it sold out in under two minutes I believe. I tried and because you are just trying to get the tickets in your cart, if you aren't in the first few seconds, you didn't get them. It's very competitive.

Plus the sorcerers get a nice gift bag and many of them put all of that up on eBay as well as many of the exclusives they get to buy by being met into the lines first. It really is lucrative for some of them I would imagine.

ejcurtis115

Postby ejcurtis115 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:55 am

wolfy233 wrote:
weird888 wrote:

Exactly, I set my alarm, online, logged in, ready to go one minute before, and SOLD OUT within 2 minutes. Someday.....one can dream. The panels AND stores without having to sleep out overnight. Yes please!
:SW9:
Pops!: 4,500+
Dorbz: 50+
Hikari (regular & XS): 26
Mystery minis: 100+
Pint size heroes: 50+
Reaction figures: 17
Action figures: 24
Wacky Wobblers: 9
Pez Pops: 50+
T's, hat's, patches, pins, socks, Loungefly bags, wallets, backpacks, mugs, salt & pepper shakers, etc.: too many to count!
Funklub member: 13394 (waited a few years into collecting to go ahead and join)

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:56 am

ghostrye wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
weird888 wrote:

Plus the sorcerers get a nice gift bag and many of them put all of that up on eBay as well as many of the exclusives they get to buy by being met into the lines first. It really is lucrative for some of them I would imagine.

You would think so, but I did a deep dive on what you'd have to sell/things that did sell, and the margins are not that great considering what they have to spend. They'll be lucky to break even, most of them. I wanted to go for the perks of the signings and the great panels that will be there this year, if I had gotten the package.

Xerus

Postby Xerus » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:01 am

ejcurtis115 wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
weird888 wrote:

Exactly, I set my alarm, online, logged in, ready to go one minute before, and SOLD OUT within 2 minutes. Someday.....one can dream. The panels AND stores without having to sleep out overnight. Yes please!

That's insane!

Kullekter89

Postby Kullekter89 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:42 am

volsspongebob wrote:
Kullekter89 wrote:
Mjacob78 wrote:So with the Haunted Mansions 50th Anniversary in 2019 would love to see perhaps a D23 exclusive ghosts pops, Hopefully metallic.

These will most probably will be out for sdcc! Can’t wait to see what they have in store for us!!! Wooooo!! What a great year for funko!!

I would definitely be good with SDCC as long as I get into the booth :).

Same here, but the lottery is extremely difficult to get in. I always keep trying. Don’t give up hope!!
:freddy3:

Here to help other fellow funatics in anyway and everyway that I can.

Main ISO
RED SKULL
WHITE RANGER (GITD)

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:50 pm

wolfy233 wrote:
weird888 wrote:

Dang, I didn't know so many people were willing (or able) to spend thousands of dollars on tickets. *jealous.
Hi, I'm CY

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:53 pm

ghostrye wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
weird888 wrote:

Really? I wouldn't have expected to get >$2500 in swag..that's insane.
Hi, I'm CY

Nerdfulthingz

Postby Nerdfulthingz » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:59 pm

We just picked up a plush version at the Disney Store last weekend and they look so cool! Would LOVE to have all of the Pop versions!
I just like smiling...smilings my favorite

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Postby jedik6 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:19 pm

It's utterly crazy to me to pay $2500 per person for this but as some have said, never underestimate the Disney fanatics. Here's hoping these pops are commons and we don't have to even think of D23 or SDCC.
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:51 pm

Wherever they land more Haunted Mansion pops will be a nice thing.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

kevintree
Hall of Fame Class of 2020
Hall of Fame Class of 2020

Postby kevintree » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:00 pm

Can't wait for more Haunted Mansion stuff! <3
kevin/tree
instagram.com/funkotree

N POP

Postby N POP » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:39 pm

Disney has some of the most funatical and financially able fans around. It’s good to know they have this Sorcerer thingy because I certainly wont be wasting my time lining up for Pops at D23.

Jjulsky

Postby Jjulsky » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:48 pm

Mjacob78 wrote:So with the Haunted Mansions 50th Anniversary in 2019 would love to see perhaps a D23 exclusive ghosts pops, Hopefully metallic.

That would be incredible!!!
:donald:

Member of the KY FUNKO LEAGUE OF AWESOMENESS
I need a Disney Three Caballeros Pops

Return to “Pop!”