Want to start collecting Wobblers...

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
moneyhelpspk

Want to start collecting Wobblers...

Postby moneyhelpspk » Tue May 07, 2019 6:00 pm

So I've always been a POP! and Mystery Mini kind of guy. But the more I look at Wobblers, the more I get the appreciation behind them. Recently got a new shelf where I wanna put them. Only problem is that I dont really know much about them. I guess my only concern is that if theyre faked. I know alot of pops are faked and sold on eBay from China, but does the same happen for Wobblers? And is there anything else I should be looking for when buying Wobblers?

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Re: Want to start collecting Wobblers...

Postby BigM » Tue May 07, 2019 6:04 pm

I don't really hear of any fakes going around except for Rat Fink. Those you'll have to watch out.

Other than that, compare prices and grab what you want. There's a bunch out there and they all will range in price depending on the character and the edition size.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby kevinbuddha » Tue May 07, 2019 6:27 pm

Mickey is right, the only fakes I ever knew of were the Rat Finks. Although when the "A Clockwork Orange" wobblers were cancelled due to a licensing issue, the stock had to be destroyed. Some of these were pulled from the trash bins in China and ended up on EBAY. The only valid A Clockwork Orange wobblers out there are either signed by Brian (regular & GITD) and any regular wobblers that have a Funko item tag number on them. Brian did have a box or two of them prior to release and after the deal fell through passed them out as prizes or sent them to collectors. I was lucky enough to get one of them after working at the Comic Con Funko booth one year.

So look on EBAY and try to find a good price on the pieces you want...………………..there are many hundreds of wobbler to choose from!
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Tue May 07, 2019 8:12 pm

I appreciate the responses :) The Rat Finks always caught my eye because of how cool and different they look. Will have to do my research on those so I dont buy a fake. Look forward to adding some Wobblers to the collection :D

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Tue May 07, 2019 8:22 pm

The Mercari app posts up Wobblers daily. Usually just a handful a day but you can find some steals on there. Good luck!
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Tue May 07, 2019 8:24 pm

Also check the rating of the seller. If they seem to have sold many Funko products or other collectibles and have a lot of high reviews, they seem to check out. Just use your best judgment.
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Tue May 07, 2019 8:24 pm

moneyhelpspk wrote:I appreciate the responses :) The Rat Finks always caught my eye because of how cool and different they look. Will have to do my research on those so I dont buy a fake. Look forward to adding some Wobblers to the collection :D

I've been lucky to find a local collectibles store that carried a bunch of Wacky Wobblers. The store is a hidden gem in the Bay Area and I've been lucky to buy a lot of my grails there for retail or under.

You might be able to find a store like that in your area :)

Also worth it to check out local comic book stores and antique shops. I've been lucky to come across some of my Wobblers there too!

May The Force be with you on the hunt!
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Tue May 07, 2019 8:45 pm

moneyhelpspk wrote:I appreciate the responses :) The Rat Finks always caught my eye because of how cool and different they look. Will have to do my research on those so I dont buy a fake. Look forward to adding some Wobblers to the collection :D

Can also go after the big boys! Not a perfect clear shot but you can see he is really cool!

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Tue May 07, 2019 8:52 pm

A couple of good places to check out are Captain Chuck's Comic outside of Baltimore and Boba Khan in Everett, WA. They don't have online stores, but they sell of eBay and will also ship items from there actual brick and mortar stores.
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Tue May 07, 2019 8:54 pm

dork_knight wrote:

I've been lucky to find a local collectibles store that carried a bunch of Wacky Wobblers. The store is a hidden gem in the Bay Area and I've been lucky to buy a lot of my grails there for retail or under.

Also worth it to check out local comic book stores and antique shops. I've been lucky to come across some of my Wobblers there too!

We need to go back!! We missed Ken like three times now @__@

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Tue May 07, 2019 8:55 pm

jacalderon902 wrote:
dork_knight wrote:

Always down for a trip...Oh...what if we go before Endgame this weekend? lol
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Tue May 07, 2019 9:15 pm

If you haven't seen it yet, take a look at the "Wobbler Spreadsheet". It's an incredible resource for Wobbler enthusiasts :thumbright: .

http://www.funkospreadsheet.com/wobblers.html
I be Chris

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Tue May 07, 2019 9:46 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

Can also go after the big boys! Not a perfect clear shot but you can see he is really cool!

Didnt know there was Mega Wobblers :eek:

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Tue May 07, 2019 9:47 pm

dork_knight wrote:

Gonna have to use eBay for these. Nobody in my area sells Wobblers, only pops :(

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Tue May 07, 2019 9:56 pm

moneyhelpspk wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

Didnt know there was Mega Wobblers :eek:

Lots of larger wobblers. You said you like the rat fink so I was trying to show you the big boy rat fink 23 or 24 inch. They also have alot more just not in my collection. When I get a chance I will have to take a clear pic of the rat fink.

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue May 07, 2019 10:22 pm

kevinbuddha wrote:Mickey is right, the only fakes I ever knew of were the Rat Finks. Although when the "A Clockwork Orange" wobblers were cancelled due to a licensing issue, the stock had to be destroyed. Some of these were pulled from the trash bins in China and ended up on EBAY. The only valid A Clockwork Orange wobblers out there are either signed by Brian (regular & GITD) and any regular wobblers that have a Funko item tag number on them. Brian did have a box or two of them prior to release and after the deal fell through passed them out as prizes or sent them to collectors. I was lucky enough to get one of them after working at the Comic Con Funko booth one year.

So look on EBAY and try to find a good price on the pieces you want...………………..there are many hundreds of wobbler to choose from!

Crazy, never heard of this till now.

Are there any specifics when looking for Rat Fink fakes?
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Tue May 07, 2019 10:40 pm

MasterSplyntr wrote:If you haven't seen it yet, take a look at the "Wobbler Spreadsheet". It's an incredible resource for Wobbler enthusiasts :thumbright: .

http://www.funkospreadsheet.com/wobblers.html

Never seen this before. Will definitely look through it to see what I like :D

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Tue May 07, 2019 11:00 pm

dork_knight wrote:
jacalderon902 wrote:
dork_knight wrote:

Always down for a trip...Oh...what if we go before Endgame this weekend? lol

DOWN!

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Tue May 07, 2019 11:52 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:
kevinbuddha wrote:Mickey is right, the only fakes I ever knew of were the Rat Finks. Although when the "A Clockwork Orange" wobblers were cancelled due to a licensing issue, the stock had to be destroyed. Some of these were pulled from the trash bins in China and ended up on EBAY. The only valid A Clockwork Orange wobblers out there are either signed by Brian (regular & GITD) and any regular wobblers that have a Funko item tag number on them. Brian did have a box or two of them prior to release and after the deal fell through passed them out as prizes or sent them to collectors. I was lucky enough to get one of them after working at the Comic Con Funko booth one year.

Crazy, never heard of this till now.

Are there any specifics when looking for Rat Fink fakes?

The second Rat Fink design with the wrench in hand. There are some colors that show up on EBAY that were never released by Funko.

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:00 pm

As others have said, there were/are Rat Finks out there that are counterfeit. I don't remember who told me (Kevin or Carol), but one thing to look for is the red veins in the eyes. Big difference between the two in the quality of the paint job (see pic--I bought the one on the right from a seller in China to see if I could tell the difference). Problem is, I believe the image they used for the sale was a Funko stock photo.

I 've only seen one other Wobbler I was pretty certain was counterfeit, and that was the chase, black & white Singer Betty Boop. It was on sale from China for 9.99 (and they had more than one). No way that was real. Why a chase Singer Betty Boop? No friggin' idea. I thought it was very odd.

Have fun collecting Wobblers. They're the best (well, to some of us) :D

Image Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM May 2014

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:51 am

Scotty wrote:As others have said, there were/are Rat Finks out there that are counterfeit. I don't remember who told me (Kevin or Carol), but one thing to look for is the red veins in the eyes. Big difference between the two in the quality of the paint job (see pic--I bought the one on the right from a seller in China to see if I could tell the difference). Problem is, I believe the image they used for the sale was a Funko stock photo.

I 've only seen one other Wobbler I was pretty certain was counterfeit, and that was the chase, black & white Singer Betty Boop. It was on sale from China for 9.99 (and they had more than one). No way that was real. Why a chase Singer Betty Boop? No friggin' idea. I thought it was very odd.

Have fun collecting Wobblers. They're the best (well, to some of us) :D

Thanks for the info. But I'm very bad at spotting fakes, so I think I'm going to buy the recently announced Rat Fink pop instead lol

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:00 pm

I wasn't aware of the fake Rat Finks. But for now, I've only purchased Star Wars Wobblers. They seem to be more my price range for now. Odd thing, I don't know where they I placed the Wobblers. I have so many boxes to go through.

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:48 pm

Great info on this page. Thanks for sharing. Love wobblers and have just been getting into collecting some older Funko Originals and want to grab a couple Freddy Funko wobblers at some point as well.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:44 pm

Greetings!! I hope you’ve been learnin’ and a buyin’. I’m a wobbler lover from way back. Got any questions? Feel free to pm me.

Craig here......

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:48 pm

Alleycat wrote:Greetings!! I hope you’ve been learnin’ and a buyin’. I’m a wobbler lover from way back. Got any questions? Feel free to pm me.

Yeah, this is an old collector ;-)

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:13 am

Alleycat wrote:Greetings!! I hope you’ve been learnin’ and a buyin’. I’m a wobbler lover from way back. Got any questions? Feel free to pm me.

I appreciate the help :) So far its going well. Have learned alot reading the forum and will be buying lots more Wobblers after my wallet recovers from SDCC lol

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:01 am

Wobblers are great. I haven't seen too many fake wobblers so I think you might be good there. Just ask when in doubt
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”