Rarest/Most Expensive Wacky Wobblers?

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
MrJFunko

Rarest/Most Expensive Wacky Wobblers?

Postby MrJFunko » Fri May 17, 2019 12:58 am

I been collecting for a couple of years now and just started seeing some wacky wobblers pop up. Most are like $20 what the most rarest or most expensive one out there?? :freddy3:

TJLAUTERBACH

Re: Rarest/Most Expensive Wacky Wobblers?

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Fri May 17, 2019 7:06 am

My holy grail that is and probably will never happen and the most rare that I am aware of is the 1 of 2 orange 20 inch bone daddy which is priceless. There also is a 1 of 3 mini orange LTJ bone daddy. Several 1 of 6, 1 of 8, 1 of 10, 1 of 12. El diablo 20 inch pink GITD is 1 of 6. You have a few very large wobblers that are one of a kind along with some protos. If you have not seen the Funko documentary you should definitely check it out. Maybe Kevin or someone else very knowledgeable can chime in here and fill in some blanks for me.

The 998th LC

Postby The 998th LC » Fri May 17, 2019 10:28 am

There are two Eric Cartman wobblers I’ve been searching for years to find. 1 of 4 Tuxedo & 1 of 8 Officer. Love me some South Park.
Hello, my name is Jon Snow.

ISO: 1/8 Officer Cartman Wobbler & 1/4 Tuxedo Cartman Wobbler

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Fri May 17, 2019 10:03 pm

Aside from some 1 of 1 stuff (most are test pieces or protos) there's some 1 of 6 pez (long before the pop pez) and a couple even rarer than that.
There's also a 1of 3 Tony Lipuma. There's a few college mascot banks but I don't know the run size of them If there is even an official size run of them.
Other than that it would probably be the 20 inch orange suit Bone Daddy mentioned above and those are not going anywhere any time soon.

As far as price, not sure. Publicly I've never seen anything go anywhere close to what some pops have gone for. Prices rise and fall. Ask some "older" collectors about the gray haired Beatnik or the Snowbird Wobbler.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

FFJim
HoF 2007 & CotY
HoF 2007 & CotY

Postby FFJim » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:38 pm

Back in the day, a 1-of-6 Gold Tiki could fetch $2,500. Then a busy bee buzzed into the Funko community and stung a lot of collectors. If you pay an extremely high amount for any piece, be it Wobbler Pop!, whatever, be forewarned that recouping you're "investment" (*cough cough*) might never happen. At the end of the day, it's plastic, not platinum. Certain Wacky Wobblers used to fetch lots of money; not so much today. To expect otherwise for any other line might bring you great disappointment. Beanie Babies, anyone?

How much are you willing to pay? That's what it's worth, not what someone wants you to pay. If paying $1,000 for a single item will make you happy, even if the future trade value might be pennies on the dollar, then buy the piece. If you're looking to make a quick flip, go for it if you have buyers waiting. If you're saving for retirement or don't have lots of extra cash, stick with the $9 items--they can make you smile too.

I once was offered $10,500 for 7 Wacky Wobblers. I said no because I wanted my collection to be whole. Offer me $10,500 today and you can have those pieces. Eventually, I sold my 1-of-2 orange 20" Bone Daddy, my 1-of-2 20" Valentine Betty Boop, and other rarities. I have plenty more rare Funko items in my collection (see Extraordinary Collections section). Some I would part with for the right price; others will probably remain with me a while longer. Sometimes, I hand a rare piece to a friend and say, "Here, you take this. Keep it, sell it, whatever." Why? Because it makes me happy. Again I will forewarn, if you're collecting plastic for financial gain, you're probably not going to like the long-term return on investment.

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby kevinbuddha » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:23 pm

Only ever buy what you like and what makes you happy. It is true, they are only toys. Be "toyfully" happy and prosper ;-)
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:04 am

You may also want to check out my mostly Wacky Wobbler collection (also in the Extraordinary Collections section).

Wobble on..... :dance:

Craig here......

Reverend
HoF 2013 & CotY
HoF 2013 & CotY

Postby Reverend » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:55 pm

I own almost all of the above mentioned but I honestly think these two sets are up there as well, the chrome base is a 1/4 and the black base is 1/3. Both sets are the most I have ever paid for any wobblers but to be fair the 20" gold tiki and 20" orange bone daddy were both gifted to me by two different great Funatics.

ISO Pop Spastik Tiki protos, ALL OF THEM!

REAL MEN DON'T KEEP SCORE!

SELL OUTS NEED TO RESTOCK SO THEY CAN SELL OUT AGAIN! :mir1:

Pot meet KETTLE

Brian@Funko wrote:GO boxless..it is more fun!

My mom named me Jacob/Unfortunately that's not all I get called
Haters going to hate so let the cry babies cry!

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:35 pm

Reverend wrote:I own almost all of the above mentioned but I honestly think these two sets are up there as well, the chrome base is a 1/4 and the black base is 1/3. Both sets are the most I have ever paid for any wobblers but to be fair the 20" gold tiki and 20" orange bone daddy were both gifted to me by two different great Funatics.

You are a good egg Jacob all the way around. So nice to see pics of these rare wobblers!
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:34 pm

Alleycat wrote:You may also want to check out my mostly Wacky Wobbler collection (also in the Extraordinary Collections section).

Wobble on..... :dance:

I have checked it out on numerous occasions and it is to die for! You truly do have an amazing collection and it is really awesome that you uploaded all those pics for us to admire. Thank you!

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:47 pm

Reverend wrote:I own almost all of the above mentioned but I honestly think these two sets are up there as well, the chrome base is a 1/4 and the black base is 1/3. Both sets are the most I have ever paid for any wobblers but to be fair the 20" gold tiki and 20" orange bone daddy were both gifted to me by two different great Funatics.

Awesome! Those clone Freddys are incredible. Would love to see a pic of the 20 inch gold tiki that you are all talking about. Now that 20 inch orange Bone Daddy would look perfect with all the other Bone Daddy's I have! [-o< I know it is a long shot and a dream come true but maybe one day you decide to part ways and if you do PLEASE LET ME KNOW! By the way I have seen some awesome pics of your amazing collection! Thank you for sharing and allowing us to admire your collection!

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:20 pm

FFJim wrote:Back in the day, a 1-of-6 Gold Tiki could fetch $2,500. Then a busy bee buzzed into the Funko community and stung a lot of collectors. If you pay an extremely high amount for any piece, be it Wobbler Pop!, whatever, be forewarned that recouping you're "investment" (*cough cough*) might never happen. At the end of the day, it's plastic, not platinum. Certain Wacky Wobblers used to fetch lots of money; not so much today. To expect otherwise for any other line might bring you great disappointment. Beanie Babies, anyone?

How much are you willing to pay? That's what it's worth, not what someone wants you to pay. If paying $1,000 for a single item will make you happy, even if the future trade value might be pennies on the dollar, then buy the piece. If you're looking to make a quick flip, go for it if you have buyers waiting. If you're saving for retirement or don't have lots of extra cash, stick with the $9 items--they can make you smile too.

I once was offered $10,500 for 7 Wacky Wobblers. I said no because I wanted my collection to be whole. Offer me $10,500 today and you can have those pieces. Eventually, I sold my 1-of-2 orange 20" Bone Daddy, my 1-of-2 20" Valentine Betty Boop, and other rarities. I have plenty more rare Funko items in my collection (see Extraordinary Collections section). Some I would part with for the right price; others will probably remain with me a while longer. Sometimes, I hand a rare piece to a friend and say, "Here, you take this. Keep it, sell it, whatever." Why? Because it makes me happy. Again I will forewarn, if you're collecting plastic for financial gain, you're probably not going to like the long-term return on investment.

Great advice Jim!

kevinbuddha wrote:Only ever buy what you like and what makes you happy. It is true, they are only toys. Be "toyfully" happy and prosper ;-)

True words Kevin!
I be Chris

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:03 pm

Those are some nice wobblers to see, I'm definitely a fan of them and wouldn't mind seeing them make a return.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Reverend
HoF 2013 & CotY
HoF 2013 & CotY

Postby Reverend » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:31 pm

kevinbuddha wrote:

You are a good egg Jacob all the way around. So nice to see pics of these rare wobblers!

Your too nice brother but we all know I’m a ahole , why lie to myself :roflmao:

Pot meet KETTLE

Reverend
HoF 2013 & CotY
HoF 2013 & CotY

Postby Reverend » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:47 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

Awesome! Those clone Freddys are incredible. Would love to see a pic of the 20 inch gold tiki that you are all talking about. Now that 20 inch orange Bone Daddy would look perfect with all the other Bone Daddy's I have! [-o< I know it is a long shot and a dream come true but maybe one day you decide to part ways and if you do PLEASE LET ME KNOW! By the way I have seen some awesome pics of your amazing collection! Thank you for sharing and allowing us to admire your collection!

Your best bet for that 20” bone daddy might be going after Carols but here’s a pic of mine

A much smaller bone daddy

20 Golden Tiki

Not to forget the devil

Pot meet KETTLE

Mantheharp00n

Postby Mantheharp00n » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:13 pm

I want to get into collecting wobblers but I feel like it’s to late for me.

My name is G.

ISO: my first proto.

ladybugwobblepop

Postby ladybugwobblepop » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:35 pm

Love wacky wobblers. They have our heart. It's what got us started collecting Funko.
Ladybugwobblepop :D

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:42 pm

Reverend wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

Your best bet for that 20” bone daddy might be going after Carols but here’s a pic of mine

A much smaller bone daddy

20 Golden Tiki

Not to forget the devil

WOW! THAT'S AWESOME! You just made my day! I'm not going to hold my breath but if you or Carol ever decide to pass it on I truly would more than appreciate the chance to bring it home. Now the mini gold less than jake I was very fortunate to be able to pick it up from Justin Love it! Currently the lower part of my display has become over crowded and you can not see everything easily anymore. Plus some things have ended up on other shelfs. Little hard to see in my signature but far right up close in the corner. Getting ready to redo the lower half in stair steps from one end to the other. The gold tiki also looks awesome. For some reason the El Diablo's have also become a fascination of mine. Just something about him looks great! Still have I believe 3 more Wobblers and 2 pez to try and get. The silver suit, clear crystal and the 20 inch GITD just like your picture. The proto just makes me speechless! Amazing! Thank you so much for sharing. Would love to meet you at Fundays this year! I will have to ask Jason to point you out for me. Thank you again!
Last edited by TJLAUTERBACH on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:42 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:My holy grail that is and probably will never happen and the most rare that I am aware of is the 1 of 2 orange 20 inch bone daddy which is priceless. There also is a 1 of 3 mini orange LTJ bone daddy. Several 1 of 6, 1 of 8, 1 of 10, 1 of 12. El diablo 20 inch pink GITD is 1 of 6. You have a few very large wobblers that are one of a kind along with some protos. If you have not seen the Funko documentary you should definitely check it out. Maybe Kevin or someone else very knowledgeable can chime in here and fill in some blanks for me.

Sweet Mother, those Bone Daddy’s. That pic is epic.
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:43 pm

Mantheharp00n wrote:I want to get into collecting wobblers but I feel like it’s to late for me.

I feel the same but I found a Betty Boop on eBay and I love her. It’s a start.

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:45 pm

Excuse me while I drool over these pics. Man I love these.

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:45 pm

Mantheharp00n wrote:I want to get into collecting wobblers but I feel like it’s to late for me.

It's never too late......

Mantheharp00n

Postby Mantheharp00n » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:46 pm

divade23 wrote:

Some of the bone daddy stuff is reasonably priced, I think for my first purchase it’s gonna be the trick or treat version. He looks super cool with his orange tux.

My name is G.

Mantheharp00n

Postby Mantheharp00n » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:48 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

Your bone daddy collection is what’s inspiring me right now.

My name is G.

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:57 pm

Mantheharp00n wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

:clapping: :wwe12: :wwe13: :wwe12: :clapping:

Mantheharp00n

Postby Mantheharp00n » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:03 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
Mantheharp00n wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:It's never too late......

I think I’m about to go all in.

My name is G.

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:05 pm

Mantheharp00n wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
Mantheharp00n wrote:Your bone daddy collection is what’s inspiring me right now.

Go for it!
:mir1: :wwe13: :mir1:

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:59 pm

Mantheharp00n wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
Mantheharp00n wrote:Your bone daddy collection is what’s inspiring me right now.

Do it!!! Then post pics. \:D/

mrchadv

Postby mrchadv » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:07 am

Have added a few wobblers over the years but just now really getting into them. Finding everyone's comments and pics fascinating. Thanks for sharing! =P~
Chad V
IG: http://instagram.com/milehighpophunter
Twitter: @milehighpophunt

ImageImage

ImageImage

Mantheharp00n

Postby Mantheharp00n » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:27 am

divade23 wrote:
Mantheharp00n wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote: :clapping: :wwe12: :wwe13: :wwe12: :clapping:

Do it!!! Then post pics. \:D/

Give me a few months will update ;)

My name is G.

Reverend
HoF 2013 & CotY
HoF 2013 & CotY

Postby Reverend » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:09 pm

divade23 wrote:

It's actually the best time to collect wobblers, they are at a all time low- cost wise. Depending how deep you want to go most stuff should be easy to find, if you looking for wobblers like these good luck they have always been super tough to find even back in the day. Actually super rare stuff might be easier to find now since most old times are selling out, I heard even Carol has dumped some of her Freddys but my guess her old school stuff might not be up for sale so you can always try. To me it's always been about the hunt and that was the fun part for me. Good luck the wobbler game is easier than the pop game IMHO. Trust me a 1000 LE pop is tougher to find and buy then a 144 LE wobbler depending what it is but stands true for most stuff. Making Fun the movie might of created a little hype to old school stuff but I am sure not many committed and jumped in feet first. I would love to see some old school love for Funko, if you do share your journey with us just like TJLAUTERBACH has done. :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2:

Pot meet KETTLE

Mantheharp00n

Postby Mantheharp00n » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:12 pm

Reverend wrote:
divade23 wrote:

It's actually the best time to collect wobblers, they are at a all time low- cost wise. Depending how deep you want to go most stuff should be easy to find, if you looking for wobblers like these good luck they have always been super tough to find even back in the day. Actually super rare stuff might be easier to find now since most old times are selling out, I heard even Carol has dumped some of her Freddys but my guess her old school stuff might not be up for sale so you can always try. To me it's always been about the hunt and that was the fun part for me. Good luck the wobbler game is easier than the pop game IMHO. Trust me a 1000 LE pop is tougher to find and buy then a 144 LE wobbler depending what it is but stands true for most stuff. Making Fun the movie might of created a little hype to old school stuff but I am sure not many committed and jumped in feet first. I would love to see some old school love for Funko, if you do share your journey with us just like TJLAUTERBACH has done. :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2:

I’m definitely going to invest my time into a bone daddy collection.

My name is G.

Reverend
HoF 2013 & CotY
HoF 2013 & CotY

Postby Reverend » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:43 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
WOW! THAT'S AWESOME! You just made my day! I'm not going to hold my breath but if you or Carol ever decide to pass it on I truly would more than appreciate the chance to bring it home. Now the mini gold less than jake I was very fortunate to be able to pick it up from Justin Love it! Currently the lower part of my display has become over crowded and you can not see everything easily anymore. Plus some things have ended up on other shelfs. Little hard to see in my signature but far right up close in the corner. Getting ready to redo the lower half in stair steps from one end to the other. The gold tiki also looks awesome. For some reason the El Diablo's have also become a fascination of mine. Just something about him looks great! Still have I believe 3 more Wobblers and 2 pez to try and get. The silver suit, clear crystal and the 20 inch GITD just like your picture. The proto just makes me speechless! Amazing! Thank you so much for sharing. Would love to meet you at Fundays this year! I will have to ask Jason to point you out for me. Thank you again!

I look forward to meeting you, just ask anyone that has been around for a while they can point me out. I'm a big fat ugly Mexican so it's wont be that hard to find me plus I have a bunch of Lei's around my neck lol . Great job on your bone daddy collection too, I was wondering who bought Justin LTJ gold mini. Also thanks for you kind words too, just a FYI I am fortunate enough to Have the protos too all those 20" I posted too not just El Diablo but those are the pictures I found on my IG that I shared. Keep on wobbling my friend :headbang:

Pot meet KETTLE

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:57 pm

these are beyond amazing

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:30 pm

kevinbuddha wrote:Only ever buy what you like and what makes you happy. It is true, they are only toys. Be "toyfully" happy and prosper ;-)

That's a great attitude and sound advice.

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:32 am

FFJim wrote:Back in the day, a 1-of-6 Gold Tiki could fetch $2,500. Then a busy bee buzzed into the Funko community and stung a lot of collectors. If you pay an extremely high amount for any piece, be it Wobbler Pop!, whatever, be forewarned that recouping you're "investment" (*cough cough*) might never happen. At the end of the day, it's plastic, not platinum. Certain Wacky Wobblers used to fetch lots of money; not so much today. To expect otherwise for any other line might bring you great disappointment. Beanie Babies, anyone?

This is a fantastic post. This speaks to the collecting community as a whole. We live and learn. I’ll always collect, but it’s important to think about which pieces you can live without.
:freddy1:

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:33 am

Insane! You have some great friends.
:freddy1:

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:15 pm

BigM wrote:Aside from some 1 of 1 stuff (most are test pieces or protos) there's some 1 of 6 pez (long before the pop pez) and a couple even rarer than that.
There's also a 1of 3 Tony Lipuma. There's a few college mascot banks but I don't know the run size of them If there is even an official size run of them.
Other than that it would probably be the 20 inch orange suit Bone Daddy mentioned above and those are not going anywhere any time soon.

As far as price, not sure. Publicly I've never seen anything go anywhere close to what some pops have gone for. Prices rise and fall. Ask some "older" collectors about the gray haired Beatnik or the Snowbird Wobbler.

Hi, I know this post is old, but what are the Tony Lipuma, gray hair beatnik, and snowbird wobblers? What is their story? Thank you very much and stay safe.
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:17 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:My holy grail that is and probably will never happen and the most rare that I am aware of is the 1 of 2 orange 20 inch bone daddy which is priceless. There also is a 1 of 3 mini orange LTJ bone daddy. Several 1 of 6, 1 of 8, 1 of 10, 1 of 12. El diablo 20 inch pink GITD is 1 of 6. You have a few very large wobblers that are one of a kind along with some protos. If you have not seen the Funko documentary you should definitely check it out. Maybe Kevin or someone else very knowledgeable can chime in here and fill in some blanks for me.

Hi, I know this post is old, but I was curious to know the backstory behind the pink gitd el diablo. Why is it so rare and where was it released? Thank you very much and stay safe in these rough times.
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:08 am

AleX-Men wrote:
BigM wrote:Aside from some 1 of 1 stuff (most are test pieces or protos) there's some 1 of 6 pez (long before the pop pez) and a couple even rarer than that.

Hi, I know this post is old, but what are the Tony Lipuma, gray hair beatnik, and snowbird wobblers? What is their story? Thank you very much and stay safe.

I am not a super old school collector so I’m going based on info that I’ve learned. Someone else can get you better info if they see this.

Tony Lipuma. There’s an LE 3 gold one. Not really sure if there’s a reason for it.

Gray hair Beatnik was le 48. Snowbird was made for a radio station (mascot). Both were very sought after pieces at one point in time and were selling for high. However, around that time of the post a gray hair beatnik was sold for much much cheaper than once it was. Snowbird can be found on eBay for relatively cheap. Some pieces just have not held the value that they once had. Not saying they’re worthless or easy to find.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”