Marvel Collector's Corps May 2019: Endgame

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Katers

Re: Marvel Collector's Corps May 2019: Endgame

Postby Katers » Sat May 25, 2019 12:25 am

wafflemaker222 wrote:
Katers wrote:
wafflemaker222 wrote:
I'm thinking if we get a shirt then we will not get a movie moment and I REALLY want one!

Ah, but if it's one and not both - that doesn't mean they won't give us movie moments further down the line! Look what we got for Infinity War later on. My local stores still have movie moments in stock from that. So I don't think they'll leave us lacking!

I'd actually much rather get the 2 pops I desperately want, rather than a movie moment. But I also know that whatever they ship out to us this round will be absolutely epic!

I think that everyone will agree that there are MANY possibilities, and I will likely enjoy all of them!

That's why I enjoy no spoilers...it's a Schrodinger's cat situation. They COULD go wrong with the box...but I choose to believe that it's glorious!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat May 25, 2019 12:29 am

LakerSpartan117 wrote:Everyone wants Cap, but I'm hoping for another Iron Man! I have a feeling SDCC is bringing the fire this year!

You are not alone in a desire for another Iron Man! I'd be perfectly happy with BOTH, to be honest!
Image ImageImage Image

LakerSpartan117

Postby LakerSpartan117 » Sat May 25, 2019 1:51 am

Katers wrote:
LakerSpartan117 wrote:Everyone wants Cap, but I'm hoping for another Iron Man! I have a feeling SDCC is bringing the fire this year!

You are not alone in a desire for another Iron Man! I'd be perfectly happy with BOTH, to be honest!

Glad I'm not alone! Although Cap in his shiniest moment would be pretty cool too (depending on the pose).
ImageImageImageImageImage

theoriginalz

Postby theoriginalz » Sat May 25, 2019 10:19 am

Katers wrote:
theoriginalz wrote:
Katers wrote:
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I love me some Captain Marvel, but I'm a little burnt out on her right now.

But I can never have too many Iron Man. So let's go with that one, please!!!

Still no spoilers (that I've seen) for this box. I'm amazed. But also happy, because no matter what, I was getting the box, but this way I don't have to agonize over whether I want to LOOK at the spoilers!

Also, since we dream big...I'd like IM with the infinity stones...and the stones to light up. Please, and thank you!

Yeah, lack of spoilers is a bummer. I want to see what's in the box.

lol , one funatics bummer is another funatics perfect situation!

I get that, but I also don’t really collect marvel items. So unless I get spoilers I don’t know if I should keep the sub.
First POP! - 2012
First Fundays - 2019
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
First FDO - 2023
I LOVE Gold Vinyl
The United Funko Family

Mysta_Rabbit

Postby Mysta_Rabbit » Sun May 26, 2019 9:34 am

Alleged spoilers on IG. I'm still not sure how I feel about this box as a whole until I see pics or actually receive it next week.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Sun May 26, 2019 10:33 am

I am very annoyed with myself for missing this box. I forget all about them because they're on Amazon now. Hopefully they restock it later on like they've done other boxes.

wafflemaker222

Postby wafflemaker222 » Sun May 26, 2019 1:02 pm

Katers wrote:

No, you would rather have an Iron man pop, and I would rather have a Cap :)

Justuravgnerd

Postby Justuravgnerd » Sun May 26, 2019 1:31 pm

Here’s the alleged spoilers that leaked online
Spoiler: show

athena

Postby athena » Sun May 26, 2019 1:36 pm

Can’t wait to see photos
Funko Bae [IG @funkobae]

GuruGuy128

Postby GuruGuy128 » Sun May 26, 2019 1:50 pm

It should have been Iron Man with the Stones and Captain America with Mjolnir as the two pops cause those were the most climatic moments in the film. I think the T-shirt should have been the line-up of Female Avengers. Those are the only things I would have changed.
Guru Guy: The Disney and Subscription Box Guru

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Sun May 26, 2019 1:58 pm

GuruGuy128 wrote:
It should have been Iron Man with the Stones and Captain America with Mjolnir as the two pops cause those were the most climatic moments in the film. I think the T-shirt should have been the line-up of Female Avengers. Those are the only things I would have changed.

I get what you're saying but having two of the most requested figures exclusive to the same box wouldn't be a smart move for Funko. They'll save that other Pop! for a common or possibly con exclusive that is shared. They'll make as much money as possible off of it because they know the demand.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Sun May 26, 2019 2:37 pm

Well the one item pretty much makes the box worth it but there's one item that's a real head scratcher in terms of the amount of screen time they had in the film

Vteck

Postby Vteck » Sun May 26, 2019 2:57 pm

From the leaks that I’ve read I not too happy with one of the items but oh well
Hello I'm Victor!!

Pop count:2300

Dorbz count:110

Proto count:6

ImageImage

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Sun May 26, 2019 8:10 pm

I don't really mind the contents of this box. I think that the shirt and the "main" POP make this box worth it to me. As far as the other items: I do think that there were better options for them but,
I do prefer Valkyrie's hair in this movie to Ragnarok and I thought she had some pretty great moments in this film and the coasters will go nicely with the Captain Marvel glass.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

The Head

Postby The Head » Sun May 26, 2019 9:32 pm

Vteck wrote:From the leaks that I’ve read I not too happy with one of the items but oh well

Yeah, I'm a bit meh on this box as well, but I'm a little odd in that I didn't love the big moment that the main pop is based off of so it sours the box a little for me. The contents are fine, just not the big splash I was hoping for.

I am, however, happy that we're not getting a
movie moment or other type of "deluxe" pop because I think those have been a bit overdone in these boxes the last several months.

Vteck

Postby Vteck » Sun May 26, 2019 10:04 pm

The Head wrote:
Vteck wrote:From the leaks that I’ve read I not too happy with one of the items but oh well

Yeah, I'm a bit meh on this box as well, but I'm a little odd in that I didn't love the big moment that the main pop is based off of so it sours the box a little for me. The contents are fine, just not the big splash I was hoping for.

I am, however, happy that we're not getting a
movie moment or other type of "deluxe" pop because I think those have been a bit overdone in these boxes the last several months.

Yea I will Agree the movie moments are cool and all but they take up too much space which I dont have much of lol
Hello I'm Victor!!

Pop count:2300

Dorbz count:110

Proto count:6

ImageImage

comic book guy

Postby comic book guy » Sun May 26, 2019 10:32 pm

Just saw the leaked info and if true most of us are getting that one item that was pretty high up on our Endgame want list. That in my opinion pretty much makes the box worth it.

If all holds up I think it is pretty cool of Funko to give us
back to back boxes with a t-shirt and 2 pops!
:king: Mike

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sun May 26, 2019 10:34 pm

I’m actually really happy about the content in this box. I may change my mind when I actually receive the items but I liked what was described. They can’t do the most sought after pops in my opinion because it is a subscription box and there are plenty of other places to release more End Game pops. I’m hopeful for End Game pops at the next conventions.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 27, 2019 1:23 am

LakerSpartan117 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Glad I'm not alone! Although Cap in his shiniest moment would be pretty cool too (depending on the pose).

That's the best thing about these boards - we're never alone! :ptp:

I really think that no matter what they give us in this box, I'm going to be thrilled with it. There are so many good options! I really can't wait - should be this week, I think??
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 27, 2019 1:25 am

theoriginalz wrote:
Katers wrote:
theoriginalz wrote:
Yeah, lack of spoilers is a bummer. I want to see what's in the box.

I get that, but I also don’t really collect marvel items. So unless I get spoilers I don’t know if I should keep the sub.

Ah, I can understand that. I've gone with the "get it, there's always someone that missed out and will take it from me afterward if need be" plan. Has worked pretty well so far! Hopefully it's something you like after all this though!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 27, 2019 1:26 am

wafflemaker222 wrote:
Katers wrote:

No, you would rather have an Iron man pop, and I would rather have a Cap :)

So give me both in this box, and we can both be happy!

Besides - this lovely division of wants means we are never going to have this issue between us!
Image ImageImage Image

Magnus1
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Magnus1 » Mon May 27, 2019 1:37 am

I really want this box, especially after finding out whats inside. I just wish it was still available on Amazon. Have to do the waiting game. I just have to be patient.
ImageImageImage
My name is David

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Mon May 27, 2019 2:35 am

comic book guy wrote:Just saw the leaked info and if true most of us are getting that one item that was pretty high up on our Endgame want list. That in my opinion pretty much makes the box worth it.

Yeah tbh funko is being pretty generous by giving that one item, assuming that they don't release a different variant somewhere else.
Will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo releases Mother 3?

comic book guy

Postby comic book guy » Mon May 27, 2019 5:13 am

Joesandwich123 wrote:
comic book guy wrote:Just saw the leaked info and if true most of us are getting that one item that was pretty high up on our Endgame want list. That in my opinion pretty much makes the box worth it.

Yeah tbh funko is being pretty generous by giving that one item, assuming that they don't release a different variant somewhere else.

Yeah it would sting a little if we hear about a metallic version or something like that right after we get this one.
:king: Mike

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Mon May 27, 2019 9:12 am

comic book guy wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:

Yeah it would sting a little if we hear about a metallic version or something like that right after we get this one.

I guarantee there will be another version of it somewhat down the line possibly as soon as sdcc

theoriginalz

Postby theoriginalz » Mon May 27, 2019 9:43 am

Katers wrote:
theoriginalz wrote:
Katers wrote:

Ah, I can understand that. I've gone with the "get it, there's always someone that missed out and will take it from me afterward if need be" plan. Has worked pretty well so far! Hopefully it's something you like after all this though!

That's probably a decent plan.
First POP! - 2012
First Fundays - 2019
First FDO - 2023
I LOVE Gold Vinyl
The United Funko Family

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Mon May 27, 2019 11:55 am

perfectflaw00 wrote:
comic book guy wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:

I guarantee there will be another version of it somewhat down the line possibly as soon as sdcc

I wouldn't be so sure. There have been some pretty big characters that are exclusive to the boxes. Hobgoblin and Rhino are the biggest that come to mind for me, as well as Grey Hulk and Bruce Banner, Gladiator Thor, Loki with his Ragnarok horns and Leaping Venom. They've also had a number of cheap repaint opportunities that they haven't taken. They could have easily repainted Astral Meditating Doctor Strange into regular Meditating Doctor Strange and/or Black Leaping daredevil into red or brown and yellow leaping daredevil, but they haven't.

For me, I'm not sure that there will be another straight up variant of the POP. However, I do think there is a chance we could get a version of this in a Movie Moment later on.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

thx42

Postby thx42 » Mon May 27, 2019 1:20 pm

The spoilers sound good to me - happy I’m getting this one.
Hi - my name is Kevin - I collect Funko, FiGPiNs, Tiny Ghost, Chomp, Dumpster Fires, LEGO, Hot Wheels, Disney Pins.
IG: thx42, thx42.pops, figpindb
Funko Events: HQ Grand Opening, Funkast 100 Live, Fundays 2018, Fundays 2019, Fundays 2022, Fright Night 2022, FDO 9 Seattle

gunner jed

Postby gunner jed » Mon May 27, 2019 1:53 pm

How trustworthy is the spoiler leak? That one pop sounds amazing and I wish they shipped to the U.K. but the other sounds rubbish- especially given everyone still wants THAT pop ride of the other character
Twitter: @filmaddict123
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/c/jedwagman (I make cool marvel movie mashups and edits)

ImageImageImage

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Mon May 27, 2019 1:54 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
perfectflaw00 wrote:
comic book guy wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure. There have been some pretty big characters that are exclusive to the boxes. Hobgoblin and Rhino are the biggest that come to mind for me, as well as Grey Hulk and Bruce Banner, Gladiator Thor, Loki with his Ragnarok horns and Leaping Venom. They've also had a number of cheap repaint opportunities that they haven't taken. They could have easily repainted Astral Meditating Doctor Strange into regular Meditating Doctor Strange and/or Black Leaping daredevil into red or brown and yellow leaping daredevil, but they haven't.

For me, I'm not sure that there will be another straight up variant of the POP. However, I do think there is a chance we could get a version of this in a Movie Moment later on.

Yeah MCC boxes have either been unique characters or unique remolds of already existing pops

They might rerelease a somewhat similar mold down the line like they did with the Hulkbuster and Miles Morales, but I highly doubt that they would do it so soon.

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Mon May 27, 2019 1:55 pm

gunner jed wrote:How trustworthy is the spoiler leak? That one pop sounds amazing and I wish they shipped to the U.K. but the other sounds rubbish- especially given everyone still wants THAT pop ride of the other character

I think the guy who leaked it is a pretty trustsworthy guy on reddit, so I’d say that the leak is pretty real.

gunner jed

Postby gunner jed » Mon May 27, 2019 2:22 pm

Joesandwich123 wrote:
gunner jed wrote:How trustworthy is the spoiler leak? That one pop sounds amazing and I wish they shipped to the U.K. but the other sounds rubbish- especially given everyone still wants THAT pop ride of the other character

I think the guy who leaked it is a pretty trustsworthy guy on reddit, so I’d say that the leak is pretty real.

On the one hand- great! Because the pop sounds amazing
On the other hand- noooooo! It’s gonna be so hard/expensive to get on the second hand market over here in the U.K.
Twitter: @filmaddict123
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/c/jedwagman (I make cool marvel movie mashups and edits)

ImageImageImage

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Mon May 27, 2019 4:22 pm

I’m both excited and a little baffled by the leak. Eager to see images of the contents and regardless I am super happy to be getting it.
Higher, Further, Faster

anime23

Postby anime23 » Mon May 27, 2019 5:22 pm

Finally got my email yesterday lol
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

skillawashere

Postby skillawashere » Mon May 27, 2019 10:24 pm

If the leak is true then eh, the box could be better, but seems better than most of the MCC releases via Amazon.
Priscilla: Therapist that spends too much money on Iron Man and other Marvel collectibles (including Funko)

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 28, 2019 1:38 am

theoriginalz wrote:
Katers wrote:
theoriginalz wrote:

Yeah - FOMO is terrible. Especially for something huge like Endgame!
Image ImageImage Image

Jeffvela710

Postby Jeffvela710 » Tue May 28, 2019 1:57 am

Its closed already

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Tue May 28, 2019 2:08 am

IF it is true, I'm happy with the main Pop alone - we'll see how the other items turn out.
(And wouldn't it be cool if there was 1 more item in there?!)
Keep the MOTU line coming! :cherry:
Image Image Image Image Image

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Tue May 28, 2019 4:46 am

Looks like Amazon switched over to the next theme!

theoriginalz

Postby theoriginalz » Tue May 28, 2019 9:51 am

Katers wrote:
theoriginalz wrote:

Yeah - FOMO is terrible. Especially for something huge like Endgame!

I rely on leaks and spoilers to make informed financial decisions. I can't pay the bills on FOMO.
First POP! - 2012
First Fundays - 2019
First FDO - 2023
I LOVE Gold Vinyl
The United Funko Family

Return to “Powered by Funko”