Marvel Collector's Corps May 2019: Endgame

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
MattyPHATty

Re: Marvel Collector's Corps May 2019: Endgame

Postby MattyPHATty » Tue May 28, 2019 10:41 pm

Here is the leak for the box if anyone is interested:

Spoiler: show

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Tue May 28, 2019 10:50 pm

Shirt actually looks pretty sweet but I can't help thinking that the Pop people (including me) seem down about looks much more dynamic than the one we all wanted.

Pkdiablo77

Postby Pkdiablo77 » Tue May 28, 2019 11:01 pm

This box looks awesome!

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Tue May 28, 2019 11:05 pm

Without getting into spoilers for what's in the box, gonna have to say I'm kinda disappointed.

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Tue May 28, 2019 11:10 pm

Pkdiablo77 wrote:This box looks awesome!

As a Cap fan I am very happy! Love the shirt too

moneyhelpspk wrote:Without getting into spoilers for what's in the box, gonna have to say I'm kinda disappointed.

I can understand this sentiment. Personally I love the shirt and Cap pop but am a little disappointed that we get another Valkyrie and other than two pops, it is kind of limited. Overall I’m happy with it though. Glad I got one

Classier

Postby Classier » Tue May 28, 2019 11:12 pm

Cool!
I’m glad that Cap ended up in the box. Now I can get him autographed by Chris Evans in a few weeks at ACE Seattle! :toothy8:

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Tue May 28, 2019 11:19 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:

moneyhelpspk wrote:Without getting into spoilers for what's in the box, gonna have to say I'm kinda disappointed.

I can understand this sentiment. Personally I love the shirt and Cap pop but am a little disappointed that we get another Valkyrie and other than two pops, it is kind of limited. Overall I’m happy with it though. Glad I got one

I'm just annoyed at the fact that Funko still keeps putting Cap's shield on his right arm and the fact that his shield isn't broke. Another Valkyrie pop wasnt need imo and feel like an Iron Man would have fit this much better

EctoSpider

Postby EctoSpider » Tue May 28, 2019 11:52 pm

I am happy about Valkyrie since I did not have yet. However how can Funko mess up that bad with the weapon placing (even in the comics he lifts it with the right hand!) That is something that will annoy me a lot when displaying the Pop

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Tue May 28, 2019 11:54 pm

moneyhelpspk wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:

I'm just annoyed at the fact that Funko still keeps putting Cap's shield on his right arm and the fact that his shield isn't broke. Another Valkyrie pop wasnt need imo and feel like an Iron Man would have fit this much better

All valid points. This one isn’t for everyone, but if any box should appeal to the masses it should’ve been this one so I understand

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed May 29, 2019 12:18 am

Im pretty happy with this box. I didn’t expect major pops from the box though when SDCC is around the corner. I like the shirt and I didn’t have a Valkyrie Pop yet. Also, I’m not the biggest Cap fan but I think this pop is a decent version of him.
Hi, I’m Steph.

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Wed May 29, 2019 12:22 am

After looking at the spoiler pics...
I'm happy overall with the box contents. Getting one of the pops I was hoping for which is always nice. Like most I'm confused about the choice to include Valkyrie. Don't get me wrong I love her character and all but we just got two pops of her not too long ago and one is incredibly similar to the new one in this box. I like the look of the pop but there are so many other choices that would have made a lot more sense.

I like the shirt more than I thought I would though I really wish it had been Iron Man themed instead. I mean imo this box should have done more to represent the character that started the MCU. I would say him getting a simple coaster is the biggest let down of this box for me. All in all when we're getting two pops, one that most were asking for, and a shirt it is hard to complain!

moneyhelpspk wrote:

I agree with you.
This did seem odd to me as well, the location of Cap's shield I mean. Especially given that he is holding Mjolnir which I believe was in his right hand most of the time in the movie. The broken shield would have been a nice touch too.
Higher, Further, Faster

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Wed May 29, 2019 1:36 am

TheStephil wrote:
Im pretty happy with this box. I didn’t expect major pops from the box though when SDCC is around the corner. I like the shirt and I didn’t have a Valkyrie Pop yet. Also, I’m not the biggest Cap fan but I think this pop is a decent version of him.

I completely forgot about SDCC being around the corner. Hoping theres some good pops from Endgame for SDCC

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Wed May 29, 2019 1:36 am

The thing is Marvel also had to sign off on the Captain America. So they did not notice the simple mistake either. But I don't care personally if it is accurate or not I am still super excited.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Rocketeer protos and the Slimer Soda proto!

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed May 29, 2019 8:21 am

Meh.

Cap was on my list of pops I'd want to get, but I'm not getting the box just for him, so not the end of the world. I too find it odd that his shield and hammer are on the wrong sides, which is a bummer. No interest in any other items in the box, and Thor's look on the shirt is my least favorite of his from the movie.

Still no pin, guess those are done forever, what a shame. :(
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

theoriginalz

Postby theoriginalz » Wed May 29, 2019 8:30 am

1 good item and a ton of filler. I'm so displeased.

I wonder if the Shield error is because of a flipped asset from Marvel Studios.
First POP! - 2012
First Fundays - 2019
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
First FDO - 2023
I LOVE Gold Vinyl
The United Funko Family

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Wed May 29, 2019 2:10 pm

I get that Funko is trying to keep it kid friendly...

But the shirt is kind of ruined imo because Thor is drinking milk isntead of beer just doesn't look right

TheFunkoSpdr

Postby TheFunkoSpdr » Wed May 29, 2019 4:43 pm

ScarletFunko wrote:After looking at the spoiler pics...
I'm happy overall with the box contents. Getting one of the pops I was hoping for which is always nice. Like most I'm confused about the choice to include Valkyrie. Don't get me wrong I love her character and all but we just got two pops of her not too long ago and one is incredibly similar to the new one in this box. I like the look of the pop but there are so many other choices that would have made a lot more sense.

I like the shirt more than I thought I would though I really wish it had been Iron Man themed instead. I mean imo this box should have done more to represent the character that started the MCU. I would say him getting a simple coaster is the biggest let down of this box for me. All in all when we're getting two pops, one that most were asking for, and a shirt it is hard to complain!

moneyhelpspk wrote:

I agree with you.
This did seem odd to me as well, the location of Cap's shield I mean. Especially given that he is holding Mjolnir which I believe was in his right hand most of the time in the movie. The broken shield would have been a nice touch too.

I mean I kinda understand why people may not like the second pop choice but...
I think that they wanted to make another character directly from the movie special for the box instead of putting in another variant (even though Valkyrie basically just is an endgame variant) since Valkyrie has the most screen time out of the characters we haven't yet gotten from endgame (8 minutes). Hopefully they're saving more variant stuff for con exclusives and whatnot.

TheFunkoSpdr

Postby TheFunkoSpdr » Wed May 29, 2019 4:44 pm

moneyhelpspk wrote:I get that Funko is trying to keep it kid friendly...

But the shirt is kind of ruined imo because Thor is drinking milk isntead of beer just doesn't look right

Preach [-o<

ericmonkey

Postby ericmonkey » Wed May 29, 2019 8:14 pm

TheFunkoSpdr wrote:

Preach [-o<

Truth

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Wed May 29, 2019 10:25 pm

That is kind of a bummer now that I think about it, not sure why he couldn’t be slugging a beer. I may be wrong, but I don’t recall him sipping on a milk carton in the movie.

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Wed May 29, 2019 10:39 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:

That is kind of a bummer now that I think about it, not sure why he couldn’t be slugging a beer. I may be wrong, but I don’t recall him sipping on a milk carton in the movie.

Nope. Milk wasnt ever shown or mentioned. It was all craft beer.

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Wed May 29, 2019 10:44 pm

moneyhelpspk wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:

Odd choice. Even soda would’ve worked better, but I still think beer would’ve been just fine. It was a pg-13 movie after all

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Wed May 29, 2019 10:53 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
moneyhelpspk wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:

Odd choice. Even soda would’ve worked better, but I still think beer would’ve been just fine. It was a pg-13 movie after all

One of the Star Wars boxes a while back had 2 shot glasses. When the social media team unboxed it on video, they absolutely refused to refer to them as "shot glasses". So I guess any mention of alcohol is a no-go for Funko.

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Wed May 29, 2019 11:52 pm

moneyhelpspk wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
moneyhelpspk wrote:

One of the Star Wars boxes a while back had 2 shot glasses. When the social media team unboxed it on video, they absolutely refused to refer to them as "shot glasses". So I guess any mention of alcohol is a no-go for Funko.

Great point, I think they referred to them as “toothpick holders” or something like that. Heck, they could’ve had a full frosty mug and just put Root Beer on the side in jest. I think that would’ve been ok but I guess I can understand the family-friendly decision also.

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Thu May 30, 2019 1:07 am

TheFunkoSpdr wrote:I mean I kinda understand why people may not like the second pop choice but...
I think that they wanted to make another character directly from the movie special for the box instead of putting in another variant (even though Valkyrie basically just is an endgame variant) since Valkyrie has the most screen time out of the characters we haven't yet gotten from endgame (8 minutes). Hopefully they're saving more variant stuff for con exclusives and whatnot.

That is a fair point...
My biggest thing though is we just got two pops of Valkyrie with the Ragnarok line. Now from what I've seen I absolutely love this new one but I wish they would have shown a little love toward another character that we didn't just get pops of such as Scarlet Witch. And maybe she's still coming, who knows! I'm sure we will get plenty of variants and you're right they are well suited for conventions.
Higher, Further, Faster

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Thu May 30, 2019 1:30 am

MattyPHATty wrote:
moneyhelpspk wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:

Great point, I think they referred to them as “toothpick holders” or something like that. Heck, they could’ve had a full frosty mug and just put Root Beer on the side in jest. I think that would’ve been ok but I guess I can understand the family-friendly decision also.

I think it may be a Marvel and Star Wars thing because there are GoT POP!s with Wine.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Thu May 30, 2019 1:44 am

jkcohen626 wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
moneyhelpspk wrote:

I think it may be a Marvel and Star Wars thing because there are GoT POP!s with Wine.

Yeah it could be the heads at Disney decide that because if you look at the GoT Tyrion figure where he’s holding a glass of wine, the age says 3+ on the box so it’s not restricted. It could definitely be a Marvel/SW thing

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Thu May 30, 2019 1:48 am

MattyPHATty wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:

Yeah it could be the heads at Disney decide that because if you look at the GoT Tyrion figure where he’s holding a glass of wine, the age says 3+ on the box so it’s not restricted. It could definitely be a Marvel/SW thing

Totally forgot about Disney. I could see them being behind it.

comic book guy

Postby comic book guy » Thu May 30, 2019 4:06 am

Yeah I totally agree! :-s
:king: Mike

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Thu May 30, 2019 5:22 pm

So... I'm seeing mixed things on this. Is this actually going to be restocked?
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Thu May 30, 2019 7:09 pm

Mine was waiting for me when I got home. I can report that the leaks were 100% accurate. The coasters are thin but rubberized, so hopefully they will last. The pops are nicely detailed and look good, just wish mine didn't come with creased back panels. The t-shirt is meh.

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Thu May 30, 2019 7:21 pm

anime23 wrote:
Katers wrote:
clutch09 wrote:
woohoo!!! I got my email today!!! so stoked to get this one!!! I got mine around 2pm

Just got my email today today, super excited - can't wait! And very impressed with how top secret they're keeping this box!! I feel like there are usually spoilers by now. Maybe with it selling out (on and off), they don't need the hype of a leak? (Conspiracy theory - the leaks are now proven to be on purpose! :eek: )

I still haven't received an email but I get so many from Amazon a day I wouldn't be surprised if I deleted it by mistake. It doesn't really matter because I am not going to cancel it lol

even if I'm not planning on canceling a sub box, I always get a little antsy waiting for the confirmation email, especially when it's supposedly sold out.
No need to call me sir or mister.... David is fine.
Currently collecting SW, DC, Marvel, Conans and anything else that catches my eye, mostly anything chrome or GITD

Mysta_Rabbit

Postby Mysta_Rabbit » Thu May 30, 2019 8:11 pm

Mine came yesterday. I am NOT a happy camper.
Forget the fact that something pertinent relating to Iron Man should've been in the box (mini pop dome of the arc reactor inscribed "Proof that Tony Stark Has A Heart" would've been perfect). Forget the fact Valkyrie should've been on Pegasus if she really had to be in the box at all. Even forget the fact that Cap's shield is on the wrong hand! This mold was clearly rushed and QC has no cares about the quality of the product they're putting out. There is absolutely NO chance that Cap will stand on his own 2 feet. The right foot on mine is bent ridiculously far back; and his head is a half inch crooked to the right side. A half inch! The neck post stem is visible to the side of the chin strap. Totally unacceptable.

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Thu May 30, 2019 8:27 pm

dmitch86 wrote:So... I'm seeing mixed things on this. Is this actually going to be restocked?

I believe that the SUBSCRIPTION will be restocked, not this box specifically. I think it's kind of foolish to think that they just randomly ordered more of a sold-out box when part of their pitch is that it's limited and could sell out.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

Classier

Postby Classier » Thu May 30, 2019 10:43 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:So... I'm seeing mixed things on this. Is this actually going to be restocked?

I believe that the SUBSCRIPTION will be restocked, not this box specifically. I think it's kind of foolish to think that they just randomly ordered more of a sold-out box when part of their pitch is that it's limited and could sell out.

The Venom box sold out and restocked though, didn’t it? I don’t think it’s completely out of the realm of possibility.

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Fri May 31, 2019 12:08 am

I was Super excited abt this box and was hoping for a Ironman....but....at least got a Capt America so I’m good....but I’m still a bit disappointed!!!!!
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri May 31, 2019 12:51 am

theoriginalz wrote:
Katers wrote:
theoriginalz wrote:
That's probably a decent plan.

Yeah - FOMO is terrible. Especially for something huge like Endgame!

I rely on leaks and spoilers to make informed financial decisions. I can't pay the bills on FOMO.

Well, no, of course not. I admire your willpower! Stay strong!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri May 31, 2019 1:08 am

TheFunkoSpdr wrote:I mean I kinda understand why people may not like the second pop choice but...

I'm so torn on this one....and after saying that there wasn't anything they could put in here to disappoint me!

So if we were going to get an Endgame Valkyrie, I agree that it should've been Valkyrie on her Pegasus. It's a beautiful pop, and probably one I would've bought just in general, but for Endgame, this is NOT what I was expecting. Especially when I can think of so many other special options that could've been pop 2 - Tony as a shield agent in the lobby, Cap or Tony from the 70s, Loki muzzled and escaping with the tesseract... the options are just endless. And what we got was nothing at all that I would've thought.

And now I'm wondering...does this mean we're not going to get a Valkyrie on Pegasus at some point???
Image ImageImage Image

theoriginalz

Postby theoriginalz » Fri May 31, 2019 9:00 am

Katers wrote:

I'm so torn on this one....and after saying that there wasn't anything they could put in here to disappoint me!

So if we were going to get an Endgame Valkyrie, I agree that it should've been Valkyrie on her Pegasus. It's a beautiful pop, and probably one I would've bought just in general, but for Endgame, this is NOT what I was expecting. Especially when I can think of so many other special options that could've been pop 2 - Tony as a shield agent in the lobby, Cap or Tony from the 70s, Loki muzzled and escaping with the tesseract... the options are just endless. And what we got was nothing at all that I would've thought.

And now I'm wondering...does this mean we're not going to get a Valkyrie on Pegasus at some point???

I feel like if they included the big item, more people would be upset because it was only one POP!. Also keep in mind that it was a mockup by a fan.
First POP! - 2012
First Fundays - 2019
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
First FDO - 2023
I LOVE Gold Vinyl
The United Funko Family

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Fri May 31, 2019 11:27 am

IMO this is a great box. These are mystery boxes. They’re 30 bucks and you get all this cool stuff. Not everyone’s gonna be happy with every item, that would be impossible. You take a risk with any mystery box. Yeah, they could’ve done this character or that character, but they didn’t. And guess what, it’s their choice lol
Instagram- calebshiny

Return to “Powered by Funko”