Numbers

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
fujii-monster

Numbers

Postby fujii-monster » Wed May 15, 2019 7:02 pm

Please pardon the newbie question, but will someone explain the series of different numbers on my Hikari figures? There is one # on the foot and another, different # on the box, although they both have a FM prefix. Also, the two figures that I recently purchased have a card taped to the inside of the box which I assume should have the individual figure # (_ out of 500), but instead have A/P printed on them. Any info would be much appreciated!

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Re: Numbers

Postby renardchua » Wed May 15, 2019 10:27 pm

AFAIK, A/P means Artist Proof.
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed May 15, 2019 11:19 pm

fujii-monster wrote:Please pardon the newbie question, but will someone explain the series of different numbers on my Hikari figures? There is one # on the foot and another, different # on the box, although they both have a FM prefix. Also, the two figures that I recently purchased have a card taped to the inside of the box which I assume should have the individual figure # (_ out of 500), but instead have A/P printed on them. Any info would be much appreciated!

renardchua wrote:AFAIK, A/P means Artist Proof.

The foot stamps and box stamps are related to the production run/date. Especially with Hikari, those do not always match up. I assume since the boxes are generic in the sense that they are character specific but not specific to the particular color way that they are all printed at once and then stickered for the LE of that color way.

A/P is artist proof. Traditionally AP runs are reserved for the first production batch to match sure it matches the color master/licensor approval. Mindstyle was pretty liberal with their /P production numbers. I have about 8 or 9 AP's, since they are only marked by the card in the sealed box you never know you have one until you open it.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Wed May 15, 2019 11:29 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
fujii-monster wrote:Please pardon the newbie question, but will someone explain the series of different numbers on my Hikari figures? There is one # on the foot and another, different # on the box, although they both have a FM prefix. Also, the two figures that I recently purchased have a card taped to the inside of the box which I assume should have the individual figure # (_ out of 500), but instead have A/P printed on them. Any info would be much appreciated!

The foot stamps and box stamps are related to the production run/date. Especially with Hikari, those do not always match up. I assume since the boxes are generic in the sense that they are character specific but not specific to the particular color way that they are all printed at once and then stickered for the LE of that color way.

A/P is artist proof. Traditionally AP runs are reserved for the first production batch to match sure it matches the color master/licensor approval. Mindstyle was pretty liberal with their /P production numbers. I have about 8 or 9 AP's, since they are only marked by the card in the sealed box you never know you have one until you open it.

Thanks for this information! Really appreaciate it. I own one Hikari as well that is also A/P.
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Thu May 16, 2019 12:49 am

renardchua wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

Thanks for this information! Really appreaciate it. I own one Hikari as well that is also A/P.

Interesting I’ll need to see if mine is AP too. I only have one hikari. Optimus Prime
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

fujii-monster

Postby fujii-monster » Thu May 16, 2019 1:02 am

Thanks for the info, it was most helpful.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:44 am

i learned about this not too long ago. when i checked my hikari i saw that 2 of them were A/P! pretty cool.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Thu May 16, 2019 12:13 pm

chucklora wrote:i learned about this not too long ago. when i checked my hikari i saw that 2 of them were A/P! pretty cool.

I should have known that the merch king would have an A/P or two in the house! ;-)
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu May 16, 2019 1:02 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
chucklora wrote:i learned about this not too long ago. when i checked my hikari i saw that 2 of them were A/P! pretty cool.

I should have known that the merch king would have an A/P or two in the house! ;-)

merch king? me? no way jose...wrong guy [-X :-k [-( :D

The1one1

Postby The1one1 » Sat May 18, 2019 3:25 pm

chucklora wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

I swear I wish I had this kind of luck. To just randomly have two a/p hikari and not know it lol.
Aloha! Call me Cliffy!
IG: The1one1

ImageImageImage ImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:33 pm

The1one1 wrote:
chucklora wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

I swear I wish I had this kind of luck. To just randomly have two a/p hikari and not know it lol.

Yeah dude...2 sweet pieces too. Sunrise Batman and eccc hulk

The1one1

Postby The1one1 » Sun May 19, 2019 3:19 am

chucklora wrote:
The1one1 wrote:
chucklora wrote:

Yeah dude...2 sweet pieces too. Sunrise Batman and eccc hulk

Noice!!! Sunrise Bats!!
Aloha! Call me Cliffy!
IG: The1one1

ImageImageImage ImageImage

Markn12

Postby Markn12 » Wed May 29, 2019 3:00 pm

Are APs more desirable than the numbered set? Seems like I have seen people arguing both ways

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed May 29, 2019 5:04 pm

Markn12 wrote:Are APs more desirable than the numbered set? Seems like I have seen people arguing both ways

It could depend on the collector. I've never considered a piece more valuable because it's an AP... cooler yes but that's about it.

Markn12

Postby Markn12 » Wed May 29, 2019 5:11 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
Markn12 wrote:Are APs more desirable than the numbered set? Seems like I have seen people arguing both ways

It could depend on the collector. I've never considered a piece more valuable because it's an AP... cooler yes but that's about it.

Yeah, that’s where I am at with Funko APs. Cooler to have a small subset within an already limited set.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed May 29, 2019 6:23 pm

Markn12 wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

Yeah, that’s where I am at with Funko APs. Cooler to have a small subset within an already limited set.

To each their own I would say. You never know if you have one or not until you break the seal and - shudder - open it up :eek:

For me it's usually just a happy surprise when I find an A/P card with my Hikari.

In the statue world AP editions are often sold at a slight premium and sought after since they are usually signed by the sculptor or include something extra like a print.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed May 29, 2019 6:29 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
Markn12 wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

To each their own I would say. You never know if you have one or not until you break the seal and - shudder - open it up :eek:

For me it's usually just a happy surprise when I find an A/P card with my Hikari.

In the statue world AP editions are often sold at a slight premium and sought after since they are usually signed by the sculptor or include something extra like a print.

Wait a minute, not opening a hikari box and checking is a thing? It's literally the first thing I do when I get one lol

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Wed May 29, 2019 10:21 pm

mohawkjones wrote:

Great info! Does this same info apply to the XS Hikari ???
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

Markn12

Postby Markn12 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:34 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
Markn12 wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

For my one full size Hikari that had a loose card at the bottom (Frankenberry LE 100), I was able to hold the box upside down to see the card without opening the box. It was an A/P. But all my others have the card taped down or at least are not moving, and the box has to be opened to see the bottom of the card.

FunkoGus

Postby FunkoGus » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:27 am

Good question, I learned a couple things. =D>

Ducktor_Strange

Postby Ducktor_Strange » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:42 pm

Bumping this thread with a couple questions. Has anybody out here heard if there is a "typical standard" for A/P pieces and how those relate to the numbered LE ones? I'm assuming if a Hikari has a limited run of 100 or whatever, the A/P's don't count against that? So an LE100 would likely be slightly over 100.

And for my main question...anybody out there with A/P's have you noticed if you have the "Production run/date" sticker on the bottom of the box? Mine don't. I am wondering if this would be a good sign of there being an Artist Proof in the box or not. Would make total sense if all of the A/P's were missing that sticker.

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:45 am

Good questions :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:42 am

renardchua wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

Today I learned...
Violin is life :-({|=
Heading to NYCC 2022- Friday badge!
https://www.instagram.com/phunko_fotography
ImageImage

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:51 pm

Very good question with some really good answers that helped some funatics out. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:23 am

I was wondering this as well!
Violin is life :-({|=
Heading to NYCC 2022- Friday badge!
https://www.instagram.com/phunko_fotography
ImageImage

Kakarote

Postby Kakarote » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:26 pm

Why is there a pokemon code?
Image:freddy2:

FerrisGuy3

Postby FerrisGuy3 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:05 am

Kakarote wrote:Why is there a pokemon code?

That is in the person’s signature
Hi, I’m Tom. Michigan Based Funatic collecting since 2014

Kakarote

Postby Kakarote » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:26 pm

Nis_chac wrote:

I was wondering this as well!

Wish I was going to NYC
Image:freddy2:

Return to “Hikari”