Marvel Collector's Corps May 2019: Endgame

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
bug86

Re: Marvel Collector's Corps May 2019: Endgame

Postby bug86 » Fri May 31, 2019 12:52 pm

I'm excited for this one.
Live,Laugh and Funko. :freddy3:

Hey it's Ashley.

@backgotback on twitter and @alizpt on IG.

daOCHO

Postby daOCHO » Fri May 31, 2019 8:00 pm

Received mine today in the mail from Amazon. Glad that it arrived compared to my original invoice expected ship date of around the first week of June.

Twitter: @CCM8
Instagram: casey_aka_daocho

Pkdiablo77

Postby Pkdiablo77 » Fri May 31, 2019 9:22 pm

Stat32111 wrote:IMO this is a great box. These are mystery boxes. They’re 30 bucks and you get all this cool stuff. Not everyone’s gonna be happy with every item, that would be impossible. You take a risk with any mystery box. Yeah, they could’ve done this character or that character, but they didn’t. And guess what, it’s their choice lol

100% agreed. I love em all because id never choose all of these items but i like the eclectic mix it comes with hence i keep buying em all

Anjelier

Postby Anjelier » Fri May 31, 2019 11:31 pm

I got my box today from Amazon and the shirt is the wrong size. :/ The box outside clearly says "XS shirt" (which is what I'm supposed to get) but the shirt was a medium. Not sure if anything can be done. A medium shirt is not very useful to me.
I'm Elizabeth.

ImranC23

Postby ImranC23 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:17 am

love love love love this box. I cancelled my subscription back when the x-men pops dropped since they didn't do a rogue or nightcrawler and I forgot to resubscribe for Captain Marvel. Of course didn't resubscribe for Endgame but my fairy pop mother looked out for me! I love Cap and Valkyrie however didn't really need another Valkyrie pop. I'll have to take a look at that pop versus her SDCC version from last year, I think I like her hair down more than in a bun so maybe I'll get rid of the MCC version. Would've been really cool to see her on a pegasus as well. Here's to holding out hope that Tony with Nano Gauntlet is a SDCC or NYCC drop.
ImageImage

Funatic of the Week: March 8th 2019
Instagram:shelfofimran
ISO:Black Cat Prototype, Freddy Funko Boba Fett, Freddy Funko as Venom

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:56 am

My box arrives today. So excited! Cant wait to wear my new Thor shirt lol
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

TheResidentEvil

Postby TheResidentEvil » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:04 pm

one of the best boxes in a long time!
I collect all things Game of Thrones and many other POP lines.

wsm10

Postby wsm10 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:49 pm

Pkdiablo77 wrote:
Stat32111 wrote:IMO this is a great box. These are mystery boxes. They’re 30 bucks and you get all this cool stuff. Not everyone’s gonna be happy with every item, that would be impossible. You take a risk with any mystery box. Yeah, they could’ve done this character or that character, but they didn’t. And guess what, it’s their choice lol

100% agreed. I love em all because id never choose all of these items but i like the eclectic mix it comes with hence i keep buying em all

Spoiler: show
Alternatively, the reason many people are disappointed is because of the absurdly lazy Valkyrie remake that is barely different, and there's easily about twenty better ways they could've gone. I completely understand mystery boxes & not having everyone love everything, but laziness should be called out. It makes absolutely no sense that there's another Valkyrie this quickly. It really seems like they knew people were expecting two pops in the box and just threw that one in. This was a golden opportunity to have the Cap/Mjolnir & IM/Infinity Stones figures and knock this out of the park & really tie in to the Endgame theme fully, but instead they threw in the equivalent of a common most would have passed on because of the minimal difference to the con version. It's obvious they are saving IM for a con, but that doesn't change the fact that so many other things made better sense than this. It's unfortunate that people keep giving funko passes and making excuses on these half-thought out sub boxes, because it only worsens the situation.

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:21 pm

wsm10 wrote:
Pkdiablo77 wrote:

Alternatively, the reason many people are disappointed is because of the absurdly lazy Valkyrie remake that is barely different, and there's easily about twenty better ways they could've gone. I completely understand mystery boxes & not having everyone love everything, but laziness should be called out. It makes absolutely no sense that there's another Valkyrie this quickly. It really seems like they knew people were expecting two pops in the box and just threw that one in. This was a golden opportunity to have the Cap/Mjolnir & IM/Infinity Stones figures and knock this out of the park & really tie in to the Endgame theme fully, but instead they threw in the equivalent of a common most would have passed on because of the minimal difference to the con version. It's obvious they are saving IM for a con, but that doesn't change the fact that so many other things made better sense than this. It's unfortunate that people keep giving funko passes and making excuses on these half-thought out sub boxes, because it only worsens the situation.

Please, this POP is anything but "absurdly lazy". This is a 100% new and, therefore, 0% reused mold, which makes it quite the opposite of lazy. In addition to an updated body sculpt with better details and better colors than the other one, it's probably one of the best, if not the best, hair sculpts Funko has ever done. I agree with you that there could have been better choices, but that is a completely different argument than the quality of the POP.

Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:25 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
wsm10 wrote:
Pkdiablo77 wrote:

Please, this POP is anything but "absurdly lazy". This is a 100% new and, therefore, 0% reused mold, which makes it quite the opposite of lazy. In addition to an updated body sculpt with better details and better colors than the other one, it's probably one of the best, if not the best, hair sculpts Funko has ever done. I agree with you that there could have been better choices, but that is a completely different argument than the quality of the POP.

While this is not the Pop I was hoping for, I have to agree that this is one nice looking piece. I really like the dynamic hair sculpt, reminds me of Merida from Disney's Brave, and the color/paint job is nice too. Gotta love the attention paid to put the symbol on the cape under the hair too.

wsm10

Postby wsm10 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:20 pm

buried_by_pops wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:
wsm10 wrote:

While this is not the Pop I was hoping for, I have to agree that this is one nice looking piece. I really like the dynamic hair sculpt, reminds me of Merida from Disney's Brave, and the color/paint job is nice too. Gotta love the attention paid to put the symbol on the cape under the hair too.

I don't disagree that it looks fine, but I stand by what I said about it being lazy. I never said anything about a reused mold either, I don't know where that came from. It's ridiculous to me that the best thought they had was to barely change the pose & hair of someone we just got recently. And I have to disagree, the only thing different that really stands out is the hair, one weapon & slightly different stance. The colors look exactly the same, actually maybe a bit better on the con one for me; although I think it's just a spotty paint job on the mcc one. Anyways, my point is Valkyrie was barely in the movie and the differences are bare minimum. If it was even the New Asgard version of her in normal clothes(on the dock), while still disappointing, I could understand. Her suit is completely the same in both movies, so that's where the laziness comes in. It just seems like very little thought was put into the second figure in the box, maybe because they wanted to save the best for the con? Like I said, it looks fine & has good detail, but it's still a lazy filler-type item. There's just no justification for this being in this box with the minimal changes. And yes, I get it, the hair is different, but unless you're displaying her backwards, the differences really are about as minimal as possible. I'm truly not trying to be rude, but I'm just getting sick of these sub boxes being so disappointing and seemingly an afterthought.

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:38 pm

Pretty happy with the box overall. Amazon ship so quickly

I would have preferred a Tony or something Iron Man to go with Cap. Valkyrie was kind of minor in the movie and I have the others of her but it's not too bad. I can wear this tee to con and I am super happy with the coasters, I was just looking for dome lol

Can't wait for Spideys box, hopefully we get a Ned lol
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY! INSTAGRAM: @TOYSSANDSTUFF
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:32 pm

Look at it this way, you would have definitely wanted the Cap Pop (assuming they don't put out a better version later), and if you hadn't gotten the CC box, you would be paying significantly more than $30 for it. Could the box have been better? Yeah. Was it worth it? YEAH.

Pkdiablo77

Postby Pkdiablo77 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:58 pm

I paid over $100 coz it was sold
Out.

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:17 pm

Pkdiablo77 wrote:I paid over $100 coz it was sold
Out.

Ouch is that really the value now?
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY! INSTAGRAM: @TOYSSANDSTUFF
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:02 pm

Out.

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!

That’s wild. Glad you got it!

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

mactds

Postby mactds » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:44 pm

I really wish the cap pop was more movie realistic, but alas maybe a future release.
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:58 pm

This, and the Captain Marvel, box have been absolutely amazing in my book. I am pleased with everything I have been getting in these boxes as of late. I have high hopes Spider-Man will make it three in a row!

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:47 pm

theoriginalz wrote:
Katers wrote:
TheFunkoSpdr wrote:I mean I kinda understand why people may not like the second pop choice but...
I think that they wanted to make another character directly from the movie special for the box instead of putting in another variant (even though Valkyrie basically just is an endgame variant) since Valkyrie has the most screen time out of the characters we haven't yet gotten from endgame (8 minutes). Hopefully they're saving more variant stuff for con exclusives and whatnot.

I'm so torn on this one....and after saying that there wasn't anything they could put in here to disappoint me!

So if we were going to get an Endgame Valkyrie, I agree that it should've been Valkyrie on her Pegasus. It's a beautiful pop, and probably one I would've bought just in general, but for Endgame, this is NOT what I was expecting. Especially when I can think of so many other special options that could've been pop 2 - Tony as a shield agent in the lobby, Cap or Tony from the 70s, Loki muzzled and escaping with the tesseract... the options are just endless. And what we got was nothing at all that I would've thought.

And now I'm wondering...does this mean we're not going to get a Valkyrie on Pegasus at some point???

I feel like if they included the big item, more people would be upset because it was only one POP!. Also keep in mind that it was a mockup by a fan.

I've made my peace with the pop over the weekend. Still wondering about the choice, but that's okay, it's still pretty cool!
Image ImageImage Image

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:06 am

Kal-El-051 wrote:This, and the Captain Marvel, box have been absolutely amazing in my book. I am pleased with everything I have been getting in these boxes as of late. I have high hopes Spider-Man will make it three in a row!

I really regret not getting this box :( oh well...
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

The Head

Postby The Head » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:18 am

wsm10 wrote:
I don't disagree that it looks fine, but I stand by what I said about it being lazy. I never said anything about a reused mold either, I don't know where that came from. It's ridiculous to me that the best thought they had was to barely change the pose & hair of someone we just got recently. And I have to disagree, the only thing different that really stands out is the hair, one weapon & slightly different stance. The colors look exactly the same, actually maybe a bit better on the con one for me; although I think it's just a spotty paint job on the mcc one. Anyways, my point is Valkyrie was barely in the movie and the differences are bare minimum. If it was even the New Asgard version of her in normal clothes(on the dock), while still disappointing, I could understand. Her suit is completely the same in both movies, so that's where the laziness comes in. It just seems like very little thought was put into the second figure in the box, maybe because they wanted to save the best for the con? Like I said, it looks fine & has good detail, but it's still a lazy filler-type item. There's just no justification for this being in this box with the minimal changes. And yes, I get it, the hair is different, but unless you're displaying her backwards, the differences really are about as minimal as possible. I'm truly not trying to be rude, but I'm just getting sick of these sub boxes being so disappointing and seemingly an afterthought.

I actually agree with most of what you are saying. I also thought it was an odd and somewhat lazy choice. The one thing to keep in mind here though is that Marvel has a huge voice in what gets put in the box and also probably has approval rights. So, not giving Funko a complete pass, but you can't put all of this on them either. Their hands may have been tied as to who/what pops were included.

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:20 am

Great box! I really like the coasters
Larry
IG: nerdandcheese

wsm10

Postby wsm10 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:53 am

The Head wrote:
wsm10 wrote:

I actually agree with most of what you are saying. I also thought it was an odd and somewhat lazy choice. The one thing to keep in mind here though is that Marvel has a huge voice in what gets put in the box and also probably has approval rights. So, not giving Funko a complete pass, but you can't put all of this on them either. Their hands may have been tied as to who/what pops were included.

I think it's a great point you bring up, and I didn't think about that. Personally, I would like to think they were given more than that option, but we may never know. Thanks for bringing that point up.

Personally, if they wanted to give another from a recent movie, I would have been all in on gaming/pineapple shirt Korg or pizza-smashing Miek. I'll take all I can get of those guys!

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:19 pm

dmitch86 wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:This, and the Captain Marvel, box have been absolutely amazing in my book. I am pleased with everything I have been getting in these boxes as of late. I have high hopes Spider-Man will make it three in a row!

I really regret not getting this box :( oh well...

We all have had that moment of regret. Sorry you missed it and I wish you the best of luck in getting the piece you want most from it. :albino:

Aznboi1085

Postby Aznboi1085 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:57 pm

I got my box though I do like it but it's a bit disappointing with some of the item. It could have been a little better
IG:andyla85
Facebook: Facebook.com/andyconca
Facebook Group: Everett Funko Hunters Group

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:58 pm

POPHawk wrote:Pretty happy with the box overall. Amazon ship so quickly

I would have preferred a Tony or something Iron Man to go with Cap. Valkyrie was kind of minor in the movie and I have the others of her but it's not too bad. I can wear this tee to con and I am super happy with the coasters, I was just looking for dome lol

Can't wait for Spideys box, hopefully we get a Ned lol

The box is pretty decent and one can never go wrong with a cool shirt

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:29 pm

Everyone loved the shirt while I was hunting for the Gamestop exclusive Ghostbusters Minis this weekend. Several employees knew what it meant and struck up conversations with me about the box.

MajorLeaguePops

Postby MajorLeaguePops » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:33 am

I am in love with that captain America figure.. I need to grab one of those. Prices are ridiculous on eBay..

wafflemaker222

Postby wafflemaker222 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:00 am

Anyone else notice that the Avengers logo is different now? The "wave 1" pops had just "Avengers" on it, but the new pops in the Collector Corps have "Avengers: Endgame". Its a small thing... but any changes, no matter how small are interesting!

jesusunzueta89

Postby jesusunzueta89 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:49 pm

People went crazy on this box
:fdo91:

Road to 1000 Marvel POP's

Rocky625

Postby Rocky625 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:41 pm

We got our box yesterday and it is amazing! I might have to steal Cap and bring him to work before my husband notices lol Did anyone get any other coasters other than Ironman and Thanos?
Patricia

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:38 pm

Not a huge fan of this box, would’ve preferred a fancy chromed pop but the T-shirt rocks!
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:23 pm

POPHawk wrote:
Out.

Ouch is that really the value now?

It's crazy how much it's going for now, and it's worse that flippers are taking so much advantage from it.

I even heard of people requesting replacements for the box just so that they can get another to sell, since amazon's policy doesn't force you to return the item and instead just charges you after 30 days if they don't receive any returns.

Makes the chances of a possible restock, like with other boxes, really slim.
Will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo releases Mother 3?

AustinBundy65401

Postby AustinBundy65401 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:05 am

wafflemaker222 wrote:Anyone else notice that the Avengers logo is different now? The "wave 1" pops had just "Avengers" on it, but the new pops in the Collector Corps have "Avengers: Endgame". Its a small thing... but any changes, no matter how small are interesting!

I’m thinking that’s because marvel didn’t announce the name until the last second to prevent any spoilers

Supernatural101

Postby Supernatural101 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:36 am

I loved the pops from the endgame box and even the shirt normally I don’t like the pop shirts but who doesn’t love fat thor lol

racheva

Postby racheva » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:44 pm

I really liked the contents. I was a bit spoiled, but I still loved the pops.

Tho I got stuck with an XL shirt and it feels even bigger than usual. At least they're back to using softer material.
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

Mags

Postby Mags » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:57 pm

mactds wrote:I really wish the cap pop was more movie realistic, but alas maybe a future release.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a glow variant in the future.

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:05 pm

Mags wrote:
mactds wrote:I really wish the cap pop was more movie realistic, but alas maybe a future release.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a glow variant in the future.

I could totally see a Glow lightning variant for SDCC
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

TheResidentEvil

Postby TheResidentEvil » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:51 am

Holding out hope for a restock,took like 3 months to restock captain marvel box so I think there is a good chance this will too
I collect all things Game of Thrones and many other POP lines.

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:58 am

TheResidentEvil wrote:Holding out hope for a restock,took like 3 months to restock captain marvel box so I think there is a good chance this will too

[-o<

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Powered by Funko”