Astro Boy Pop figures?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
MrBear

Re: Astro Boy Pop figures?

Postby MrBear » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:00 pm

Wish he still had some as I would have taken the chance. Good chance of him being at NYCC and I may have somebody who would be willing to pick things up.

clashcityrocker33
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month

Postby clashcityrocker33 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:30 am

Mont Blanc (e-packet from China) is back up on eBay and he's now up to $19.99 plus $4.99...like the price of gasoline here in SoCal.
Image Image

I say Beau...You say Bean #10386

"That's the difference between you and me: I don't go back to the carpet store."

FunkoNinja

Postby FunkoNinja » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:04 am

clashcityrocker33 wrote:Mont Blanc (e-packet from China) is back up on eBay and he's now up to $19.99 plus $4.99...like the price of gasoline here in SoCal.

Yeah, I got it yesterday for %15.99 plus the $4.99. It has been going up in price every single relisting. I think it originally started out at $13.99 a few days ago. What I am trying to say is that if you are planning on buying it, get it before the next price increase.
Currently Want: White Lantern GITD Flash & Superman, Atom Boy, Slimer & slimed Venkman, Ecto-1, HT Raven, Flocked Lion-O, GITD Mumm-Ra, Target Olaf

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:12 am

I got mine on the original release day for $13.99, I can't wait to see what people acutally get. Will we get a real Mont Blanc or the cool hybrid Mont Hercules in photos.

MrBear

Postby MrBear » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:03 am

I was hesitant. Going to be frustrated if I have to pay more for it now. I am an opener but my dumb **** wanted the correct box. -_-

funkystark

Postby funkystark » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:14 am

MrBear wrote:I was hesitant. Going to be frustrated if I have to pay more for it now. I am an opener but my dumb **** wanted the correct box. -_-

There is no correct box for the piece we are buying on ebay, based on the pictures provided by the seller.

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:11 am

Dragonrider1227 wrote:AWW Uran too? They're killin' me with these XD I see they're focusing on the "World's greatest robot" arch. Not surprising being considered the most popular Astro Boy story in Japan. Although if they're going to bring these to America, they should consider the 2003 version of Atlas.

Bringing up a super old post but they never released her huh? I just started collecting so I can’t find any info

MrBear

Postby MrBear » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:27 pm

Killua916 wrote:
Dragonrider1227 wrote:AWW Uran too? They're killin' me with these XD I see they're focusing on the "World's greatest robot" arch. Not surprising being considered the most popular Astro Boy story in Japan. Although if they're going to bring these to America, they should consider the 2003 version of Atlas.

Bringing up a super old post but they never released her huh? I just started collecting so I can’t find any info

All of series 1 did get released. For series 2 Uran, Hercules, North #2, and Gesicht were never released. Fully painted prototypes or production samples were shown off at least once at a convention. MindStyle (or whatever the hell they call themselves now) had/have a moronic business model. Pretty much every POP Asia line is incomplete. They would release or two at a time and then just dump it despite more being pictured on the box. There are 20 unreleased POPs and 3 more that were only released in an alternate color scheme. Now they simple release and endless stream of Hanuman and Giant Lady repaints. It still annoys me. :D

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:35 pm

MrBear wrote:
Killua916 wrote:

All of series 1 did get released. For series 2 Uran, Hercules, North #2, and Gesicht were never released. Fully painted prototypes or production samples were shown off at least once at a convention. MindStyle (or whatever the hell they call themselves now) had/have a moronic business model. Pretty much every POP Asia line is incomplete. They would release or two at a time and then just dump it despite more being pictured on the box. There are 20 unreleased POPs and 3 more that were only released in an alternate color scheme. Now they simple release and endless stream of Hanuman and Giant Lady repaints. It still annoys me. :D

Damn I’m sad now I saw the pic and went searching. She would really be cool. At least the first wave of the Osamu Tezuka line wave1 is complete I been searching for a couple still

MrBear

Postby MrBear » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:33 pm

Killua916 wrote: Damn I’m sad now I saw the pic and went searching. She would really be cool. At least the first wave of the Osamu Tezuka line wave1 is complete I been searching for a couple still

I was really hoping for a Tezuka series 2. Would have liked Unico, Phoneix/Hinotori, Bagi, Triton, Melmo, and Michi.

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:39 pm

MrBear wrote:
Killua916 wrote: Damn I’m sad now I saw the pic and went searching. She would really be cool. At least the first wave of the Osamu Tezuka line wave1 is complete I been searching for a couple still

I was really hoping for a Tezuka series 2. Would have liked Unico, Phoneix/Hinotori, Bagi, Triton, Melmo, and Michi.

I’m
Still hunting the first wave. It’s a bit hard to find for a cheaper price

Return to “Pop!”