Your display, the Funko way!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
TheStephil

Re: Your display, the Funko way!

Postby TheStephil » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:00 pm

Cheryl24 wrote:Updated my Care Bears display today to add the cereal & shirt boxes. I’m ready for more Care Bears! [-o<

Looks great! :love10:
I love how colorful all the pops are.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:03 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Mags wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Thanks, Mags! :)
You should post some stuff too! \:D/

I gotta clean up my display first haha Once I get some more shelves up I will!

Yeah this is still a work in progress, I'm procrastinating on purchased actual glass cases. Less dusting lol
Looking forward to it though! Get those shelves! :)

My husband and I just bought a Billy with Morliden doors from Ikea. It looks really nice and will keep the dust off. Husband is going to add in lights too so I’m very excited.
Hi, I’m Steph.

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:31 am

Speed8711 wrote:Ya nonotglenn that would be ideal. For now Im storing them in my “toy closet”, where my old board games and handheld games are. I may just dedicate this space to them.

Oh mouse trap, some old board games you have there.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

nonotglenn

Postby nonotglenn » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:11 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:Some of the displays :) with a little cameo from yours truly lol

Cool collection and framed poster! That going up on a wall?

nonotglenn

Postby nonotglenn » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:13 am

Cheryl24 wrote:Updated my Care Bears display today to add the cereal & shirt boxes. I’m ready for more Care Bears! [-o<

Awesome! Love the glitter care bares..and cereal is never a bad idea..even for dinner.

nonotglenn

Postby nonotglenn » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:15 am

drfunkopopper wrote:Switched things up for displaying our 10" pops and those in pop stacks. Later on, I ended up going OOB with the holiday pops and storing them (planning on making a holiday display when the time comes). That wrapped up pop is a signed Majin Vegeta, personalized for one of our close friends in San Diego.

Thanks for sharing, but the images wont show on my computer :/

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:46 am

TheStephil wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Mags wrote:I gotta clean up my display first haha Once I get some more shelves up I will!

Yeah this is still a work in progress, I'm procrastinating on purchased actual glass cases. Less dusting lol

My husband and I just bought a Billy with Morliden doors from Ikea. It looks really nice and will keep the dust off. Husband is going to add in lights too so I’m very excited.

I think it's time I take the trip too. Are those the glass doors? They look great from what I've seen in other posts in the thread. I'm excited for you :) Lights will be a nice touch. What lights are you adding? LED strips or the circle lights that attach to the top of shelves? Too many options @___@ haha
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:49 am

nonotglenn wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:Some of the displays :) with a little cameo from yours truly lol

Spoiler: show

Thank you! And yes :) it was already mounted. I just took it down for the pic :P
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening

drfunkopopper

Postby drfunkopopper » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:09 am

nonotglenn wrote:
drfunkopopper wrote:Switched things up for displaying our 10" pops and those in pop stacks. Later on, I ended up going OOB with the holiday pops and storing them (planning on making a holiday display when the time comes). That wrapped up pop is a signed Majin Vegeta, personalized for one of our close friends in San Diego.

Thanks for sharing, but the images wont show on my computer :/

Tried to fix it, hope you're able to view it now.
IG: drfunkopopper
ECCC 2017 2018 2019 • Funkast 100 • Hollywood Grand Opening

ISO:
Michael Jackson (Beat It) | Golden Frieza Red Eyes

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:41 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:

I think it's time I take the trip too. Are those the glass doors? They look great from what I've seen in other posts in the thread. I'm excited for you :) Lights will be a nice touch. What lights are you adding? LED strips or the circle lights that attach to the top of shelves? Too many options @___@ haha

They are glass doors and they look really nice in person. Ikea had a few different options glass door options and different bookcase options. They had some bookshelves with wooden exterior but glass shelves inside as well but I prefer the wooden shelf look better.

Hubs is still decided on lighting but I believe the LED strips will be on the sides of the shelves near the front (hidden by the seams of the doors). Depending on how much light that produces, maybe more LED strips on the actual shelves. Can't decide if we want color changing or just white but I guess that comes down to price and how easy it is to change colors with how it's set up. I want the circle spot lights on the very top shelf and that can be where the rarest/most treasured items will be placed.
Hi, I’m Steph.

schmeebel

Postby schmeebel » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:31 pm

I loved the themes.
Hmmm
Ideas

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:43 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

They are glass doors and they look really nice in person. Ikea had a few different options glass door options and different bookcase options. They had some bookshelves with wooden exterior but glass shelves inside as well but I prefer the wooden shelf look better.

Hubs is still decided on lighting but I believe the LED strips will be on the sides of the shelves near the front (hidden by the seams of the doors). Depending on how much light that produces, maybe more LED strips on the actual shelves. Can't decide if we want color changing or just white but I guess that comes down to price and how easy it is to change colors with how it's set up. I want the circle spot lights on the very top shelf and that can be where the rarest/most treasured items will be placed.

Today is my day off so I'm finally going to take a look today!

Yeah I like the idea of the strips hiding behind the seams of the door. I was wondering which lights are safe? I think for OOB displays, they should be fine but I do want to add lights to my in box shelves and I wasn't too sure which to go for. Still on the hunt for more info on that, haha. I think I may just need to hire your husband lol

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:42 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:

Yeah I like the idea of the strips hiding behind the seams of the door. I was wondering which lights are safe? I think for OOB displays, they should be fine but I do want to add lights to my in box shelves and I wasn't too sure which to go for. Still on the hunt for more info on that, haha. I think I may just need to hire your husband lol

Have fun! I love going and just getting ideas.
What do you mean safe? Like they won't damage the boxes or catch fire? I like LED strip lights are pretty safe and I'm assuming the little spot lights are safe too but I want to look more into them.
Well you are within a 2-3 hour drive of us so I can send him down there lol
Hi, I’m Steph.

Mjacob78

Postby Mjacob78 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:45 pm

OMG So adorable!!
Gotta love those pops :freddy2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:58 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

What do you mean safe? Like they won't damage the boxes or catch fire? I like LED strip lights are pretty safe and I'm assuming the little spot lights are safe too but I want to look more into them.

Yeah I like when I see new show rooms set up. Definitely helps give me inspiration. And yeah safety for the boxes. I know direct sunlight can be really damaging but I always wondered if lights had the same affect. I'm almost certain these lights are harmless, it probably takes a lot more energy to affect the color/paint.

And that's very nice of you lol
I'm sure I can figure it out but I appreciate the help :)

nonotglenn

Postby nonotglenn » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:50 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
nonotglenn wrote:

Thank you! And yes :) it was already mounted. I just took it down for the pic :P

Awesome, again...nice display. super clean and also, just noticed those sour patch kids pops! SPK are my fav...I got a massive bag of them as a graduation present at work. lol

nonotglenn

Postby nonotglenn » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:52 pm

Speed8711 wrote:Ya nonotglenn that would be ideal. For now Im storing them in my “toy closet”, where my old board games and handheld games are. I may just dedicate this space to them.

It's a closet of fun! :)

nonotglenn

Postby nonotglenn » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:54 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
nonotglenn wrote:

Awesome, again...nice display. super clean and also, just noticed those sour patch kids pops! SPK are my fav...I got a massive bag of them as a graduation present at work. lol

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:00 pm

racheva wrote:I finally decided how to display my SW chromes

I will have to say this looks great. What a well thought out plan. It's easy to just throw them up anywhere but it can be difficult some times making them look like they always belonged there.

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:03 pm

91shawny wrote:Image

Finally put up the maleras shelves and they ended up looking wonderful. I know alot of people use mosslandas but if you need different sizing to make it work, look into maleras. Now I have to go back and get more for the other wall.

Looks great! Love how they are off the ground and the weight broken up by the shelves.

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:09 pm

StarWarner wrote:Here's an update on my Star Wars wall.

I still have one more small bookcase to go in that empty side. I have some floating shelves to go on an adjacent wall. I have two more moving boxes with Rebels, Kylo Ren, and some assorted SW Pops left to go on in this display. It's almost done and I'm excited to finally have all my SW Pops out.

Nice Star Wars display! My son is a huge Star Wars fan and when I showed him this he really liked it. Great job!

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:45 pm

Lobstercrossing wrote:Ahh yesss... home sweet home :smt070

How did you add that affect to the pics? Looks great.

jcjcjc1990

Postby jcjcjc1990 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:54 pm

You're correct! thank you!

Fugly16 wrote:
jcjcjc1990 wrote:Hi,

It's my first time sharing here in the forums, I'm not even sure how to post photos =) I hope i can learn it day by day.

Here's my GOT collection below:

As far as I can tell, the only thing I noticed you're missing is the Mystery Mini Rhaegal from Hot Topic. This is probably the most impressive GoT collection I've ever seen. Well done.
DRACARYS!

Follow me on IG! @hipop1990
Image Image

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:10 am

nonotglenn wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
nonotglenn wrote:

Nice, they’re my fave too! Not sure if this was recently but if it was, congrats on graduating! :)
I’m pretty jealous of the bag of spk @___@

Lobstercrossing

Postby Lobstercrossing » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:29 am

nightbodega wrote:

Portrait/live focus effect on my camera phone :glasses2: Thank you!
My real name is Noah, but you can call me... Noah.

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:32 am

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
StarWarner wrote:Here's an update on my Star Wars wall.
I still have one more small bookcase to go in that empty side. I have some floating shelves to go on an adjacent wall. I have two more moving boxes with Rebels, Kylo Ren, and some assorted SW Pops left to go on in this display. It's almost done and I'm excited to finally have all my SW Pops out.

Nice Star Wars display! My son is a huge Star Wars fan and when I showed him this he really liked it. Great job!

Thank you!

We recently added these shelves, too.

I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:24 pm

Lobstercrossing wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Portrait/live focus effect on my camera phone :glasses2: Thank you!

Thank you for the response. I'll have to see if my phone does the same.

MymyChan

Postby MymyChan » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:20 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:

Yeah I like when I see new show rooms set up. Definitely helps give me inspiration. And yeah safety for the boxes. I know direct sunlight can be really damaging but I always wondered if lights had the same affect. I'm almost certain these lights are harmless, it probably takes a lot more energy to affect the color/paint.

I am using the Billy + Morliden display and really like it. I have been thinking about adding lights for a while but not sure yet what to put. Can’t wait to see what you will set up. It might help me decide.
Hi there! I’m Myriam.
Collecting Funko since Xmas 2015
PopPriceGuide want list: https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/mem ... UWM5NEVS0/
Instagram: Themymster

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:28 pm

MymyChan wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I am using the Billy + Morliden display and really like it. I have been thinking about adding lights for a while but not sure yet what to put. Can’t wait to see what you will set up. It might help me decide.

My husband or I will post the finished product once we get it complete. Should be within the next few weeks. We have a convention this weekend and are in the middle of a retaining wall project.
Hi, I’m Steph.

MymyChan

Postby MymyChan » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:47 pm

TheStephil wrote:
MymyChan wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:

My husband or I will post the finished product once we get it complete. Should be within the next few weeks. We have a convention this weekend and are in the middle of a retaining wall project.

Cool! Can’t wait to see the pictures!
It will take me a few months before being able to buy my next shelves (damn you SDCC!) but I’ll try to post once I am done.
Hi there! I’m Myriam.
Collecting Funko since Xmas 2015
PopPriceGuide want list: https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/mem ... UWM5NEVS0/
Instagram: Themymster

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:25 am

MymyChan wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
MymyChan wrote:

It will take me a few months before being able to buy my next shelves (damn you SDCC!) but I’ll try to post once I am done.

Can’t wait to see yours as well.
SDCC is eating into my funds already. I’m going to try to be good financially this weekend at the convention but my favorite local Pop store will be there so I don’t have high hopes.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:59 am

MymyChan wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
MymyChan wrote:

Please do post them when you have a chance!

also,
TheStephil wrote:

Are you referring to Sac Anime?? I'll be there with a few buddies! My friend has a booth under HaRyGo Toys! Swing by and say hello if you see us!

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:15 am

Current state of affairs of my nerd room <3

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:25 am

Fugly16 wrote:Current state of affairs of my nerd room <3

Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:40 am

WOW!! And those Batman Freddy's are glorious :)

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:48 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
MymyChan wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

also,
TheStephil wrote:

Are you referring to Sac Anime?? I'll be there with a few buddies! My friend has a booth under HaRyGo Toys! Swing by and say hello if you see us!

Yup! I'll be there with my husband and uncle on Saturday. I'll definitely check your friend's booth out. Hope to see you there.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:51 am

Wow! So impressive.

Hi, I’m Steph.

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:13 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
MymyChan wrote:Cool! Can’t wait to see the pictures!

also,
TheStephil wrote:

Yup! I'll be there with my husband and uncle on Saturday. I'll definitely check your friend's booth out. Hope to see you there.

Sweet! Sounds good :)

miyella

Postby miyella » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:36 pm

This is awesome! Love the giant Batman Freddies
My name is Mia, and I like warm hugs.

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:42 am

miyella wrote:

This is awesome! Love the giant Batman Freddies

This is crazy! I love it. I need that poster in my life :P

Return to “Pop!”