Marvel Collector's Corps May 2019: Endgame

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
odnar

Re: Marvel Collector's Corps May 2019: Endgame

Postby odnar » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:06 pm

probably has been said before but I will say I appreciate the fact that amazon boxes the box. even with the minimal packing material (in my box at least) it arrives in much better condition than before they took over collector corp.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:26 pm

TheResidentEvil wrote:Holding out hope for a restock,took like 3 months to restock captain marvel box so I think there is a good chance this will too

I don't usually hope for anything, but I'm also kind of hoping for this. I'd like a chance at the box but not for triple digits. [-X

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:50 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
TheResidentEvil wrote:Holding out hope for a restock,took like 3 months to restock captain marvel box so I think there is a good chance this will too

I don't usually hope for anything, but I'm also kind of hoping for this. I'd like a chance at the box but not for triple digits. [-X

Yeah, some of these resell prices are crazy! I seen just the (empty) box the other day listed for $20 PLUS shipping lol
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:39 pm

dmitch86 wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:

Yeah, some of these resell prices are crazy! I seen just the (empty) box the other day listed for $20 PLUS shipping lol

yes restock is what i'm hoping for too...but i have a feeling ebay is going to be the move i end up making.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:37 am

dmitch86 wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:

This is why I don't like dealing with collectors half the time. I'd rather just miss out on something than go through some of the things that people wanna ask for.

Raypunz

Postby Raypunz » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:36 pm

Is this supposed to restock still?

ISO:Michael Jordan Dribbling Proto! Run DMC urban vinyl production pieces. Also need, color benny the bull
proto.

Hi I'm Ray.

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:08 pm

Raypunz wrote:Is this supposed to restock still?

I stopped holding my breath.. :(
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:27 pm

Raypunz wrote:Is this supposed to restock still?

If there are any leftovers it’ll be out in 1-2 months around the time the Far From Home box hits
Will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo releases Mother 3?

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:34 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:

Definitely hoping for a restock. I went to an even this weekend and saw people selling Cap alone, for $100 average @__@
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:32 am

dork_knight wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:

Definitely hoping for a restock. I went to an even this weekend and saw people selling Cap alone, for $100 average @__@

The prices on this one are nuts! A friend of mine who doesn't really collect texted me out of the blue the other day telling me she wanted the Cap pop! When I lol (in a nice way) at her, she sends me screen shots of what it's going for! YEESH! She's going to keep an eye out, maybe try some random 3rd party site to see if she can get one (I warned her about bootleg!), so we'll see what happens. Glad she's not thinking I'd be able to find her one for a decent price!
Image ImageImage Image

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:02 am

Katers wrote:
dork_knight wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:

The prices on this one are nuts! A friend of mine who doesn't really collect texted me out of the blue the other day telling me she wanted the Cap pop! When I lol (in a nice way) at her, she sends me screen shots of what it's going for! YEESH! She's going to keep an eye out, maybe try some random 3rd party site to see if she can get one (I warned her about bootleg!), so we'll see what happens. Glad she's not thinking I'd be able to find her one for a decent price!

the way i see it is the capt pop in question captured a truly iconic moment from both the film and entire sage...i can understand why ppl would want one...the increased number of ppl who desire the pop will always lead to an increase in value/secondary price.

maybe in a few months it will dwindle, but the movie is still 'recent' and ppl are still waiting for the bluray etc...might be a year before we see anything major price flux imo :freddy2:

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:35 pm

Katers wrote:
dork_knight wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:

Wait there's a bootleg one too? @__@

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:13 am

dork_knight wrote:
Katers wrote:
dork_knight wrote:

I doubt anybody has had time to come up with one yet, but the POP is so hyped that I wouldn't be surprised if there is a bootleg version.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:25 am

mongoose12 wrote:
Katers wrote:
dork_knight wrote:

the way i see it is the capt pop in question captured a truly iconic moment from both the film and entire sage...i can understand why ppl would want one...the increased number of ppl who desire the pop will always lead to an increase in value/secondary price.

maybe in a few months it will dwindle, but the movie is still 'recent' and ppl are still waiting for the bluray etc...might be a year before we see anything major price flux imo :freddy2:

I absolutely understand the appeal here, and goodness knows how badly I'd need it if I hadn't gotten it in my box! I'm not sure if the secondary price for it will dwindle. I suppose that'll depend on, among other things, whether the box restocks? Which I hope, for the sake of the funatics that missed it, it does!

Though this example makes me wonder how much that other iconic moment from the movie will end up going for? Because I'm going to need that one, too!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:33 am

dork_knight wrote:
Katers wrote:
dork_knight wrote:

I'm not sure? She asked me about some site that was selling them, and it looks fine, and seems to have the sticker, but isn't coming as part of a crate? Plus, it's selling for $30 shipped, which is significantly lower than the going ebay rate. Just seemed a little odd to me, so I wanted to convey that to her without discouraging her!
Image ImageImage Image

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:57 am

Gotta say, that Cap w/ Mjolnir Pop is fire. I don't collect Marvel, but that scene in the movie had everyone cheering
Or did you think I'd be too stupid to know what a eugoogoly was?

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:43 pm

Katers wrote:
dork_knight wrote:
Katers wrote:

I'm not sure? She asked me about some site that was selling them, and it looks fine, and seems to have the sticker, but isn't coming as part of a crate? Plus, it's selling for $30 shipped, which is significantly lower than the going ebay rate. Just seemed a little odd to me, so I wanted to convey that to her without discouraging her!

You probably advised your friend correctly. If something is too good to be true, it's worth the investigation and research rather than playing into a possible scheme.

Mags

Postby Mags » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:07 pm

dork_knight wrote:
Katers wrote:
dork_knight wrote:

You probably advised your friend correctly. If something is too good to be true, it's worth the investigation and research rather than playing into a possible scheme.

Exactly this. If she had placed the order she would have likely ended up with a regular Cap or a very poorly made knockoff. Or never get anything in the mail at all!

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:36 am

dork_knight wrote:
Katers wrote:
dork_knight wrote:

Yeah, after posting last night, I typed the site name and 'funko' into google, and a reddit thread popped up about how it's a scam. Gonna have to check in with her and see what she ended up doing. If she went through with the purchase, best case scenario, I'm thinking she'll get a knock-off? Not sure she'd care one way or the other, honestly.
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:41 am

Mags wrote:
dork_knight wrote:
Katers wrote:

Exactly this. If she had placed the order she would have likely ended up with a regular Cap or a very poorly made knockoff. Or never get anything in the mail at all!

Yeah, that's my worry. I think she did place the order, but I haven't heard back from her yet! I'll let you all know what happens.
Image ImageImage Image

philipali

Postby philipali » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:33 am

I just got this box home and finally had the time to unbox it... Best box so far without a doubt :)
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

CellMiceli

Postby CellMiceli » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:18 am

This box contained my current favorite funko pop which is Captain America! Thank you so much for this box, everything else in it was perfect as well.
Total Pop Count:370
Add about another 150 Funko tees, mystery minis, cereal boxes, and more!
Favorite Pop: Captain America w/ Mjolnir(Marvel Collector Corps)

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:05 pm

CellMiceli wrote:This box contained my current favorite funko pop which is Captain America! Thank you so much for this box, everything else in it was perfect as well.

Personally, I think that captain america ranks as one of the best sub box pops ever.

CellMiceli

Postby CellMiceli » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:19 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
CellMiceli wrote:This box contained my current favorite funko pop which is Captain America! Thank you so much for this box, everything else in it was perfect as well.

Personally, I think that captain america ranks as one of the best sub box pops ever.

It is currently my all time favorite pop
Total Pop Count:370
Add about another 150 Funko tees, mystery minis, cereal boxes, and more!
Favorite Pop: Captain America w/ Mjolnir(Marvel Collector Corps)

racheva

Postby racheva » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:42 am

I'm really glad I got this box. Even tho I had to get the XL and the shirt is way too big, the pops were totally worth it. I never would have been able to snag one if it wasn't for my fellow funatics keeping us all updated when the box went live again for a few minutes :)
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

ryanc_

Postby ryanc_ » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:35 pm

i was able to get one on the restock, arrived today. a little bit of box damage on the back of cap but overall I'm really happy with the box, largely because of the shirt. thankfully i was able to get my correct size.

Eman185

Postby Eman185 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:09 pm

My order arrived the other day from the restock. Love that Cap Pop! Happy I was able to get one for retail.

Duyp

Postby Duyp » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:00 am

Wish the shield and the moljir was switched. But overall amazing pop. Would love for them to do an Ironman one though.

wafflemaker222

Postby wafflemaker222 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:35 am

odnar wrote:probably has been said before but I will say I appreciate the fact that amazon boxes the box. even with the minimal packing material (in my box at least) it arrives in much better condition than before they took over collector corp.

Completely agree. The boxes are so cool, though I did like them better when the boxes had the cardboard look to them vs the black shiny surface they are now

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:50 pm

Duyp wrote:Wish the shield and the moljir was switched. But overall amazing pop. Would love for them to do an Ironman one though.

yeah i might just have to give it a shot at home and make the switch myself.

KLYONS05

Postby KLYONS05 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:03 pm

:mad: Man, I missed the restock.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:05 am

So glad for this restock! Was able to alert my friend that 'bought' from that 3rd party company (and never received the pop - SHOCKER!). Me alerting her was a freakin' comedy routine! I called her, and she answers the phone and starts babbling at me about work, and her day, and I'm going "Hey! Stop talking! No, seriously, SHUSH! Pay attention! Get on amazon right now!" And she buys the box, and then is like "So what did I just get?"

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) I forget, sometimes, that not everyone operates in the same world we're living in in here! Even now that she's received the box, I'm not sure she knows what she's got, or how it works!
Image ImageImage Image

RomanFunko

Postby RomanFunko » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:55 pm

I was really hoping they'd have something like a mini replica of Tony's first arc reactor in a case like what Pepper Potts had. Not hating on Valkyrie, but I would have preferred that over her pop.

wsm10

Postby wsm10 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:16 pm

RomanFunko wrote:I was really hoping they'd have something like a mini replica of Tony's first arc reactor in a case like what Pepper Potts had. Not hating on Valkyrie, but I would have preferred that over her pop.

That's would have been really great. I didn't even think of that at all. That Valkyrie was really disappointing to see for sure, but absolutely that would have gone over great I believe.

RomanFunko

Postby RomanFunko » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:44 pm

wsm10 wrote:
RomanFunko wrote:I was really hoping they'd have something like a mini replica of Tony's first arc reactor in a case like what Pepper Potts had. Not hating on Valkyrie, but I would have preferred that over her pop.

That's would have been really great. I didn't even think of that at all. That Valkyrie was really disappointing to see for sure, but absolutely that would have gone over great I believe.

Oh the missed opportunities...I was really hoping they would have had Tony with infinity gauntlet in there too though! That would have made the Endgame box the GREATEST sub box of all time if combined with Cap.

wsm10

Postby wsm10 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:13 pm

RomanFunko wrote:
wsm10 wrote:

Oh the missed opportunities...I was really hoping they would have had Tony with infinity gauntlet in there too though! That would have made the Endgame box the GREATEST sub box of all time if combined with Cap.

I'm not gonna lie, that's what I was really hoping for, and it seemed like such an easy choice. But I guess they're saving that for a con exclusive, I have no doubt. I guess it all comes down to money in the long run, but you're absolutely right. Huge missed opportunity to get some hype going again for the sub boxes. They haven't been that good for a long time, with few exceptions.

jesusunzueta89

Postby jesusunzueta89 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:41 pm

Even thou they did not do the Marmol figures, this Box was still awesome
:fdo91:

Road to 1000 Marvel POP's

Return to “Powered by Funko”