Your display, the Funko way!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
TheStephil

Re: Your display, the Funko way!

Postby TheStephil » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:14 am

GummyBearGirl25 wrote:I got this shelving for my TWD funkos! I just need to figure out where to put it in the house, and I need more TWD funkos! \:D/

Wow that is fantastic! I love the backgrounds. Are those posters? It looks really good.
Hi, I’m Steph.

GummyBearGirl25

Postby GummyBearGirl25 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:12 am

pinklaquer wrote:this looks pretty cool!

MymyChan wrote:Very nice display!
I really like the pictures at the back.

Fugly16 wrote:Very creative use with the poster. I love it!

Thanks!! I showed my sister and she pretty much said that it was creepy (the shelving, the pops, everything), so I'd thought I'd share it with people who understand the excitement for new shelving!

GummyBearGirl25

Postby GummyBearGirl25 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:18 am

TheStephil wrote:
GummyBearGirl25 wrote:I got this shelving for my TWD funkos! I just need to figure out where to put it in the house, and I need more TWD funkos! \:D/

Wow that is fantastic! I love the backgrounds. Are those posters? It looks really good.

Thank you! My husband ordered the shelving unit, printed a poster based on the measurements and attached it (luckily all the art seemed to fall in place perfectly), and added the lights! I thought he bought it like that, so I was very impressed by his creativity.

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:02 am

This is such a unique idea! I love it! :D
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

anime23

Postby anime23 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:13 am

supertoygiant wrote:
anime23 wrote:Ok That's it! A couple of months of having some OOB and I can't take the dusting. Any suggestions on avoiding the dust? Cases of some sort that aren't bank breaking? I need to do the same with my lego Voltron the dust just gets in there weekly. I am going to blow out the vents see if it helps.

Store them on the top shelf of your closet. That helps with the dust. Not all of it, but most! ;-)

Taking every single one of them down was not an enjoyable experience lol. I will try anything. Thanks
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

anime23

Postby anime23 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:13 am

TheStephil wrote:
anime23 wrote:Ok That's it! A couple of months of having some OOB and I can't take the dusting. Any suggestions on avoiding the dust? Cases of some sort that aren't bank breaking? I need to do the same with my lego Voltron the dust just gets in there weekly. I am going to blow out the vents see if it helps.

Ikea has some good shelving with glass doors for relatively cheap (Under $200 for a 7ft tall and 30inch wide) The baseball bat cases from Marshalls is a good display option too. They hold about 10-12 depending on size and if you wait for a deal, they can be snagged up for $20-25.

Thanks I bookmarked those. I will take a trip to iKea this weekend and look around as well
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

anime23

Postby anime23 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:14 am

Quazimoto wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Ikea has some good shelving with glass doors for relatively cheap (Under $200 for a 7ft tall and 30inch wide) The baseball bat cases from Marshalls is a good display option too. They hold about 10-12 depending on size and if you wait for a deal, they can be snagged up for $20-25.

I can attest to the baseball bat cases. Got 15 pops in one of mine. They're almost perfect for out of box display.

How big was the one you got 15 in?

Image Image

anime23

Postby anime23 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:16 am

Quazimoto wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Quazimoto wrote:
I can attest to the baseball bat cases. Got 15 pops in one of mine. They're almost perfect for out of box display.

The only thing I don't like about them is depending on how you hang them, the bottom is at a slight angle and my heavier headed pops easily fall over because it's not 100% level. It's super irritating but at least they don't fall far when they do lose their balance.

Just get a thing called mounting tape. I think 3M makes it. It's kinda like a dense foam with a type of glue on each side. Stick a little of that along the bottom edge in back while your hanging the cases and it'll both level it out and provide a bit extra hold on the wall.

Edit... a few different companies make it, but it's this sort of thing...

https://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Permanent ... B00347A8GC

Thanks to you both :freddy2: :freddy2:

Image Image

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:49 am

anime23 wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:

Store them on the top shelf of your closet. That helps with the dust. Not all of it, but most! ;-)

Taking every single one of them down was not an enjoyable experience lol. I will try anything. Thanks

The only setback to having them in the top shelf in your closet is that you can't see them. :( But at least they are dust free!
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

MymyChan

Postby MymyChan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:59 pm

GummyBearGirl25 wrote:

Thanks!! I showed my sister and she pretty much said that it was creepy (the shelving, the pops, everything), so I'd thought I'd share it with people who understand the excitement for new shelving!

If I show this to my sister, she will ask her husband to make it for her lol lol lol
Hi there! I’m Myriam.
Collecting Funko since Xmas 2015
PopPriceGuide want list: https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/mem ... UWM5NEVS0/
Instagram: Themymster

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:20 pm

GummyBearGirl25 wrote:

Some people just don't understand.
I get a little nervous when people come over to our house and see all the shelves around. Coming to terms that it's ok that not everyone gets it and being ok that my hobby may seem a bit strange to others will take some getting used to.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:13 pm

anime23 wrote:
Quazimoto wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

How big was the one you got 15 in?

Just the regular Baseball Bat case that Michael's sells.

They easily fit 12 or 13 Pop!s with a little space between each. 14 Pop!s close pretty close to touching each other. I got 15 in one by staggering them a little bit in sort of a zig zag or slightly turned to the side.

MymyChan

Postby MymyChan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:39 am

TheStephil wrote:
GummyBearGirl25 wrote:

I get a little nervous when people come over to our house and see all the shelves around. Coming to terms that it's ok that not everyone gets it and being ok that my hobby may seem a bit strange to others will take some getting used to.

I totally get that. I have always been some kind of geeky girl but it took me some time to fully embrasse my passion for Pops. Especially when you go from something like 50 to close to 200 in less than a year!
But now, I just don't care. My Pops are all over my bedroom walls, I have started to put displays in other rooms in order to be able to admire them OOB.
Usually, whenever friends come to the house, they enjoy looking at the displays and looking for what's new (which they don't get to see most of the time since everything is in my bedroom :-) ). And i am proud to be part of such a great community.

I am lucky enough to have friends who don't judge and love me enough to even help me on occasions (some are always looking out for chases even if they don't collect funko at all!).
Hi there! I’m Myriam.

MymyChan

Postby MymyChan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:50 am

TheStephil wrote:
GummyBearGirl25 wrote:

I totally get that. It took me some time to fully embrasse my passion for Pops even if I have always been sort of a geeky girl.
Now, I just don't care. All my bedroom walls are covered in Pops, I am starting to have some displays in other rooms to be able to fully admire my figurines OOB. My friends can look at them... or not, it is not my problem.
Fortunately, I am lucky enough to have friends who don't judge and who love me for what I am (some will even look out for Chases for me whenever they come accress Pops!).

Collecting Pops has been making me happy since I started so I don't intend to stop. And it made me part of this great community. :-)
Hi there! I’m Myriam.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:59 am

MymyChan wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
GummyBearGirl25 wrote:

I totally get that. It took me some time to fully embrasse my passion for Pops even if I have always been sort of a geeky girl.
Now, I just don't care. All my bedroom walls are covered in Pops, I am starting to have some displays in other rooms to be able to fully admire my figurines OOB. My friends can look at them... or not, it is not my problem.
Fortunately, I am lucky enough to have friends who don't judge and who love me for what I am (some will even look out for Chases for me whenever they come accress Pops!).

Collecting Pops has been making me happy since I started so I don't intend to stop. And it made me part of this great community. :-)

Luckily, I haven’t had any serious judgement. I just tend to overly worry. I have a friend that likes to give me a hard time and threaten to hold an intervention for my husband and I. But it’s not a little daunting to come into our living room and see the wall space covered in pops. It’s more of an anxiety thing when less close relatives come over that haven’t seen the place in awhile. Grandparents tend to speak their mind a little too opening.

This community is great and collecting is a joy in my life so there is no way I’ll stop. I’ll just stop inviting naysayers over.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:09 am

TheStephil wrote:
MymyChan wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Luckily, I haven’t had any serious judgement. I just tend to overly worry. I have a friend that likes to give me a hard time and threaten to hold an intervention for my husband and I. But it’s not a little daunting to come into our living room and see the wall space covered in pops. It’s more of an anxiety thing when less close relatives come over that haven’t seen the place in awhile. Grandparents tend to speak their mind a little too opening.

This community is great and collecting is a joy in my life so there is no way I’ll stop. I’ll just stop inviting naysayers over.

A lot of my friends like to pull my chain about it but they ultimately know it's like any other hobby. New people that come over to the house through friends though, I think I've only ever had one person who was like genuinely concerned I was a hoarder or something.

MymyChan

Postby MymyChan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:18 am

Fugly16 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
MymyChan wrote:

A lot of my friends like to pull my chain about it but they ultimately know it's like any other hobby. New people that come over to the house through friends though, I think I've only ever had one person who was like genuinely concerned I was a hoarder or something.
TheStephil wrote:
MymyChan wrote:

Yes, as long as it makes us happy, let’s keep enjoying ourselves
Hi there! I’m Myriam.

MymyChan

Postby MymyChan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:25 am

Did my first Funko DYI today. I enjoyed it so much that I want to add more like this one!

Hi there! I’m Myriam.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:58 am

MymyChan wrote:Did my first Funko DYI today. I enjoyed it so much that I want to add more like this one!

That’s fantastic! I love it. Have no idea how to display my HP advent calendar and this is perfect.
Hi, I’m Steph.

MymyChan

Postby MymyChan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:18 pm

TheStephil wrote:
MymyChan wrote:Did my first Funko DYI today. I enjoyed it so much that I want to add more like this one!

That’s fantastic! I love it. Have no idea how to display my HP advent calendar and this is perfect.

Thanks.
I had been looking since January for a nice way to display them other than aligned on a shelf.
I watched a video on Admiral Funko’s YouTube channel last Friday. She was doing a similar thing but with key chains pops and I thought: this is what I have to do!
Went to Ikea on Saturday and set to work today and ... voilà!
Makes me want to make more now lol
Hi there! I’m Myriam.

Kaosu

Postby Kaosu » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:52 pm

Great display!!
Hello!! My name is Jonathan
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

MymyChan

Postby MymyChan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:08 pm

Kaosu wrote:

Great display!!

Thank you :-)
Hi there! I’m Myriam.

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:09 pm

OMG. Love!!! Great idea! I love the advent calendars but I always was afraid I would have nowhere to put the little Pop!s lol
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:40 am

That's such a great idea, well done. I really like the color background you chose as well.

Stush

Postby Stush » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

MymyChan wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Thanks.
I had been looking since January for a nice way to display them other than aligned on a shelf.
I watched a video on Admiral Funko’s YouTube channel last Friday. She was doing a similar thing but with key chains pops and I thought: this is what I have to do!

Very cool display! Well done! How are the Pops staying in place? What exactly did you use/buy from IKEA?

Stush

Postby Stush » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:09 pm

MymyChan wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Yes, as long as it makes us happy, let’s keep enjoying ourselves

I keep trying to tell myself that - it makes me happy. I'm not trying to be a downer, just being honest and hoping to get some feedback I suppose. I will admit sometimes I wonder if I'll look back and think "what did I do?" Ha! I look at my collection of Spawn figures and I do love them but at the same time I think was it worth it at this point since 99% of them are stored away in their packages in Rubbermaid containers? We all go through phases with certain items I think. Then there are those things I believe a person will be into collecting for a lifetime. At one point I thought that was the Spawn figures but obviously right now they aren't. There are some I would keep and not get rid of but the majority of them I would probably let go. I just wonder if that will happen with Funkos for me. Not sure I can tell at this point.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:39 pm

Stush wrote:
MymyChan wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Thanks.

Very cool display! Well done! How are the Pops staying in place? What exactly did you use/buy from IKEA?

i think from the youtube video that was mentioned, they are hot glued in place. I could be mistaken though.
Definitely going to do this with my 2019 advent calendar minis.
Hi, I’m Steph.

MymyChan

Postby MymyChan » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:09 am

TheStephil wrote:
Stush wrote:
MymyChan wrote:
Thanks.

i think from the youtube video that was mentioned, they are hot glued in place. I could be mistaken though.

Yes, they are hot glued. I can confirm that hot glue does not damage them, as shown in the video.

I can’t wait to see yours now!

@Stush: I bought the RIBBA frame from IKEA.

I am thinking about doing a few more like that mystery minis. I have so much pleasure doing and looking at this one.
Hi there! I’m Myriam.

Stush

Postby Stush » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:10 am

MymyChan wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Stush wrote:Very cool display! Well done! How are the Pops staying in place? What exactly did you use/buy from IKEA?

Yes, they are hot glued. I can confirm that hot glue does not damage them, as shown in the video.

I can’t wait to see yours now!

@Stush: I bought the RIBBA frame from IKEA.

I am thinking about doing a few more like that mystery minis. I have so much pleasure doing and looking at this one.

Hot glue and the RIBBA frame from IKEA - got it, sounds good. I appreciate it. Thanks! Looking forward to seeing your next one @MymyChan

Rocky625

Postby Rocky625 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:14 am

These look so great! It gives me ideas for our own displays! :D
Patricia

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:24 am

supertoygiant wrote:
anime23 wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:

The only setback to having them in the top shelf in your closet is that you can't see them. :( But at least they are dust free!

The dust struggle is real! I also have some LEGO sets i can't wait to build, but dusting those is worse than Pop!s!...so those are still in the box too!
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:48 am

Spoiler: show

[img]http://i.imgur.com/vT3jwef.jpg[/img
]

One of the best things I have ever seen and has given me a wonderful idea. Was literally about to start selling mine off. Sitting in bag with no idea what to do with them.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:51 am

this came out perfect! congrats on a job well done.

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:54 am

A-Okay wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:
anime23 wrote:

The dust struggle is real! I also have some LEGO sets i can't wait to build, but dusting those is worse than Pop!s!...so those are still in the box too!

I'm getting ready to purge my lego sets! lol lol lol
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

vanguiano

Postby vanguiano » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:08 pm

I am loving the walking dead display and the shadow box with the pops inside! Soon as I get home tonight I’ll post some pics of my current set up. Which changes every damn time I add to my collection ha

*are the metallic cereal blox too much to ask for? why yes, yes they are*
I need more blox in my life :freddy3:

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:29 am

Looking through the IKEA site for ideas. They have some interesting shelves I'm considering, but I have to see them in person first.

Stush

Postby Stush » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:19 am

Greymom wrote:Looking through the IKEA site for ideas. They have some interesting shelves I'm considering, but I have to see them in person first.

IKEA is great for that. Lots of cool stuff that could be used for displays.

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:34 am

Stush wrote:
Greymom wrote:Looking through the IKEA site for ideas. They have some interesting shelves I'm considering, but I have to see them in person first.

IKEA is great for that. Lots of cool stuff that could be used for displays.

My entire Funko room is pretty much IKEA shelving/desk/book cases

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:37 pm

love the frame

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:48 pm

Fugly16 wrote:Current state of affairs of my nerd room <3

Holy smokes, what a display. Are you not worried they may fall down?

Return to “Pop!”