36 Inch Freddys

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
LakerNation1216

36 Inch Freddys

Postby LakerNation1216 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:48 pm

What happened to these 36 inch Freddy's and anyone know the value of them? Was interested in buying some, thanks!
Current POP/Dorbz/Misc. Funko Count:
~1,711

Updated 4-11-22

Lakers Basketball
Rams Football
:freddy3:

tim_the_bearded

Re: 36 Inch Freddys

Postby tim_the_bearded » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:10 pm

Are you talking about the ones from Toy"R"Us? As far as I know it was left up to the stores. Now that they're closed either someone owns them or they were tossed in the garbage.

There was a lot of confusion about it but most were either given away or sold to individuals who asked for them in the stores or were taken by employees. Some managers argued they needed to be returned to Funko but that wasn't the case so eventually they let them go to someone. A few sold for ~$2000 during the initial scramble, now it looks like a few have sold for ~$1300 and there are a few listed at $900 on ebay at the moment.

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:28 pm

tim_the_bearded wrote:Are you talking about the ones from Toy"R"Us? As far as I know it was left up to the stores. Now that they're closed either someone owns them or they were tossed in the garbage.

There was a lot of confusion about it but most were either given away or sold to individuals who asked for them in the stores or were taken by employees. Some managers argued they needed to be returned to Funko but that wasn't the case so eventually they let them go to someone. A few sold for ~$2000 during the initial scramble, now it looks like a few have sold for ~$1300 and there are a few listed at $900 on ebay at the moment.

I tried to get the one from our Toys R Us, but that was the excuse the manager kept telling me was he had to return it to Funko. One of the other employees actually told me to keep asking because he said the manager told him he was just saying that to get people to stop asking haha
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:30 pm

dmitch86 wrote:
tim_the_bearded wrote:Are you talking about the ones from Toy"R"Us? As far as I know it was left up to the stores. Now that they're closed either someone owns them or they were tossed in the garbage.

I tried to get the one from our Toys R Us, but that was the excuse the manager kept telling me was he had to return it to Funko. One of the other employees actually told me to keep asking because he said the manager told him he was just saying that to get people to stop asking haha

Same thing happen to me and one day it was gone. Manager stated it was stolen. yeah, ok...
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:32 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:

Same thing happen to me and one day it was gone. Manager stated it was stolen. yeah, ok...

yeah... can't really pocket one of those haha lol
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:13 am

I think the last run of 36 in Freddys were made for fundays about 3 years ago. It was the avengers run if I'm not mistaken. They are awesome (I owed a 36in Thor) but equally take up alot of space lol

mrchadv

Postby mrchadv » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:52 am

I asked to be put on a list to recieve a call when my store closed. I actually got that call.....he said it would cost 2k if I wanted to buy it. I told him I thought that was a little high and he hung up on me. lol [-X :mad:
Chad V
IG: http://instagram.com/milehighpophunter
Twitter: @milehighpophunt

ImageImage

ImageImage

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:59 am

supertoygiant wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:

Stolen?! Who can just walk away with a 36" Freddy lol. Sounds like an employee or manager took it for themselves. I was lucky enough to get one, but it definitely cost me and was not "free" as some people claimed that got theirs for nothing. I even saw one person one Instagram that managed to get 2 for "free" from 2 different toys r us stores.

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:04 am

mrchadv wrote:I asked to be put on a list to recieve a call when my store closed. I actually got that call.....he said it would cost 2k if I wanted to buy it. I told him I thought that was a little high and he hung up on me. lol [-X :mad:

Wowzers...$2000 is a bit steep. I was extremely fortunate to get one and paid $400, which isn't cheap or free like some people got lucky, but I guess all in all a heck of a lot better than 2 grand. Seriously, though love my Freddy and I'm grateful I have him in my collection.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:45 pm

Boymom4 wrote:
mrchadv wrote:I asked to be put on a list to recieve a call when my store closed. I actually got that call.....he said it would cost 2k if I wanted to buy it. I told him I thought that was a little high and he hung up on me. lol [-X :mad:

Wowzers...$2000 is a bit steep. I was extremely fortunate to get one and paid $400, which isn't cheap or free like some people got lucky, but I guess all in all a heck of a lot better than 2 grand. Seriously, though love my Freddy and I'm grateful I have him in my collection.

I agree, 2k for a one is more than I'd pay...but to each his own I suppose

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:17 pm

I toweled be cool to see some Retro Freddys return! Maybe even a Thanos or Big Boy!
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

Kwik_One

Postby Kwik_One » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:13 am

I won a Frankenberry Freddy at the Funky Hundo. I’m not sure if he is 36” tall but I love him at whatever height he is!!!!!

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:56 pm

Kwik_One wrote:I won a Frankenberry Freddy at the Funky Hundo. I’m not sure if he is 36” tall but I love him at whatever height he is!!!!!

Congrats on that!!! I imagine that's now one of your prized possessions?!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

Kwik_One

Postby Kwik_One » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:23 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
Kwik_One wrote:I won a Frankenberry Freddy at the Funky Hundo. I’m not sure if he is 36” tall but I love him at whatever height he is!!!!!

Congrats on that!!! I imagine that's now one of your prized possessions?!

Thank you. It is the #1 item in my collection.

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:22 pm

LakerNation1216 wrote:What happened to these 36 inch Freddy's and anyone know the value of them? Was interested in buying some, thanks!

I think they are just harder to produce. Very difficult to get the paint jobs correct.
:freddy1:

LakerNation1216

Postby LakerNation1216 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:39 am

I used to love seeing these from the old fundays. Maybe it was too hard to transport as well. I heard they were fragile as well and could easily break. I hope they bring them back one of these days.
~1,711

Updated 4-11-22

Lakers Basketball
Rams Football

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:06 am

LakerNation1216 wrote:I used to love seeing these from the old fundays. Maybe it was too hard to transport as well. I heard they were fragile as well and could easily break. I hope they bring them back one of these days.

Last time they had something like this was I think from 2016? We had those 18' Retro Batmans, Robin, Joker and Skeletor?

2015 was the last time I think we had 36's notably with the 4 OG Avengers!

Yeah, same with you, hope they revive this one! :D
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:56 am

renardchua wrote:
LakerNation1216 wrote:I used to love seeing these from the old fundays. Maybe it was too hard to transport as well. I heard they were fragile as well and could easily break. I hope they bring them back one of these days.

Last time they had something like this was I think from 2016? We had those 18' Retro Batmans, Robin, Joker and Skeletor?

2015 was the last time I think we had 36's notably with the 4 OG Avengers!

Yeah, same with you, hope they revive this one! :D

2015 Fundays was an epic event...I remember seeing those 36 inch avengers freddys in person. I hope the 36in freddys make a comeback in the future! :freddy1:

LakerNation1216

Postby LakerNation1216 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:03 pm

That would be amazing! I had a friend who had the frankenberry one and I've seen the freddy boo berry in a shop once and I thought those were awesome. They can take up quite a bit of space but they are so unique to the Funko history.

Thanks for the input!
~1,711

Updated 4-11-22

Lakers Basketball
Rams Football

angrynate

Postby angrynate » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:19 pm

there was an auction recently for a 36" Boo Berry Freddy for charity, it ended up selling for quite a bit. they also gave away a Frankenberry 36" Freddy at the Funky Hundo Funkast Live. I've been tempted to buy one of the TRU Freddy's off ebay or Fugitive, but haven't been able to bring myself to spend that kind of money.... yet.
That's my secret Cap... I'm always angry

ImageImageImageImage

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:51 am

angrynate wrote:there was an auction recently for a 36" Boo Berry Freddy for charity, it ended up selling for quite a bit. they also gave away a Frankenberry 36" Freddy at the Funky Hundo Funkast Live. I've been tempted to buy one of the TRU Freddy's off ebay or Fugitive, but haven't been able to bring myself to spend that kind of money.... yet.

Indeed, they would be pricey, but would look so fantastic in anyone's collection!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:43 pm

Would be cool to have a statement piece like these.... it was way too competitive in my area at toys r us so I didnt even bother at the time.
Image Image ImageImage

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:48 am

thefunkohunko wrote:I toweled be cool to see some Retro Freddys return! Maybe even a Thanos or Big Boy!

I agree some more Retro Freddy's would be awesome! A Big Boy would be so cool to see!!
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:51 am

These were cool, had the chance to touch one in person lol

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:41 pm

I have the 3 cereal Freddys and they are some of my all-time favorite items in my collection. Yes - they do take up quite a lot of space for sure and are top heavy (giant noggin'!) so you have to be careful with them. But I cannot imagine ever rating with them voluntarily.

And yes - a Big Boy would be awesome!!!!
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:44 pm

I saw a booth selling one at NYCC for like 2000$!
Violin is life :-({|=
Heading to NYCC 2022- Friday badge!
https://www.instagram.com/phunko_fotography
ImageImage

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:54 pm

Nis_chac wrote:I saw a booth selling one at NYCC for like 2000$!

That is crazy!....but still awesome if I could afford that. LOL
ImageImageImageImage
Patrick from Central KY - Admin for The Kentucky Funko League of Awesomeness
Proto wants: Fallout keychains and Vynls, Dr. Doom (Pops or Minis)

Return to “Other Funko Products”