Sith Trooper

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
HobieWanKenobi
Hall of Fame Class of 2017

Re: Sith Trooper

Postby HobieWanKenobi » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:22 pm

RSVHockeyDude wrote:
NCDS wrote:
RSVHockeyDude wrote:People are going crazy over this one. I am a Star Wars fan so I am too. But it is going to be a common when the Rise Of Skywalker line comes out. So I don't care if I get it or not.

Everyone said that about the 13th Doctor last year and she still hasn't been released. So I see why people are worried.

Funko did release a different version of the 13th doctor so I think the pre-release one is never coming out. But I think the sith trooper is going to be the same thing.

Just a thought...maybe the regular release will be the same figure, but the box won't have the gold embossing.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:50 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:The Loungefly booth was selling the Sith Trooper bag that included the Pop! It was really tempting.

Serious? And you didn't feel like sharing this info last week?

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:51 pm

HobieWanKenobi wrote:
RSVHockeyDude wrote:
NCDS wrote:

Everyone said that about the 13th Doctor last year and she still hasn't been released. So I see why people are worried.

Funko did release a different version of the 13th doctor so I think the pre-release one is never coming out. But I think the sith trooper is going to be the same thing.

Just a thought...maybe the regular release will be the same figure, but the box won't have the gold embossing.

That's a good point. That embossing was really nice.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:53 pm

Geescube wrote:swing and a miss for me too. So sad. They were gone very very fast for the two days i was in attendance at the con.

Its hard to compete with exhibitors already inside the con. I made a beeline right for Bait a few days, finally got in Sunday, and the line was almost full of exhibitors. Some of which were getting kicked out for trying to go through a second time by the time the exhibit hall opened. :-/ :-/ :-/

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:57 pm

renardchua wrote:Love this Pop!, looks really cool, hope to get the SDCC stickered one at a good price, if not, will just have to wait for it’s regular release. :D

If it ever is released...
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:05 pm

nightbodega wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:The Loungefly booth was selling the Sith Trooper bag that included the Pop! It was really tempting.

Yes lol Because I didn't think anyone wanted one badly lol lol lol
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:08 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
Geescube wrote:swing and a miss for me too. So sad. They were gone very very fast for the two days i was in attendance at the con.

Its hard to compete with exhibitors already inside the con. I made a beeline right for Bait a few days, finally got in Sunday, and the line was almost full of exhibitors. Some of which were getting kicked out for trying to go through a second time by the time the exhibit hall opened. :-/ :-/ :-/

Yep. Such is life. :(

Hqsdfan619

Postby Hqsdfan619 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:14 pm

Got lucky and was able to get 1. That one sold out really fast!

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:17 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

HobieWanKenobi

Postby HobieWanKenobi » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:34 pm

nightbodega wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Pretty sure that info was on Star Wars.com when they revealed all the Sith Trooper stuff.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:59 pm

HobieWanKenobi wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:Yes lol Because I didn't think anyone wanted one badly lol lol lol

Pretty sure that info was on Star Wars.com when they revealed all the Sith Trooper stuff.

Work kept me busy. Didn't have much time to search info. Went with what I had, prior to the Sith announcements.

HobieWanKenobi

Postby HobieWanKenobi » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:09 pm

nightbodega wrote:
HobieWanKenobi wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Work kept me busy. Didn't have much time to search info. Went with what I had, prior to the Sith announcements.

So...you probably wouldn't have seen that info even if YeetGrimes posted it last week then. :D

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:18 pm

HobieWanKenobi wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
HobieWanKenobi wrote:

So...you probably wouldn't have seen that info even if YeetGrimes posted it last week then. :D

lol =D>
Poppin'

Howardthepop

Postby Howardthepop » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:22 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
Howardthepop wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
Definitely one of the most popular ones!

Yes it was very popular. Someone had told me that if you bought a Loungefly Bag over 70 bucks you had a chance to get the pop for 5 bucks. Not sure how true that was.Washington

I heard that too, which makes perfect sense as to why it sold out at the Funko booth prior to the 2 LE1000's every day. I was under the impression that the Loungefly booth didn't have a huge stock. I wasn't interested in the bag but, shoot, considering the demand, it may have been worth it to get the back/pop anyway.

My sister bought 2 bags for my daughters at the Loungefly booth, but we didn't know about the Pop for 5 bucks. Oh well onto the next one.

RSVHockeyDude

Postby RSVHockeyDude » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:49 pm

HobieWanKenobi wrote:
RSVHockeyDude wrote:
NCDS wrote:

Ooh that's good. LOL

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:52 pm

I cant wait to get the common when it comes out.

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:33 pm

I was going to buy it from loungefly with the backpack but they had already sold out.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:01 pm

theraven00 wrote:
HobieWanKenobi wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

lol =D>

Don't worry about Manny and I lol We just like to push each other around! No harm meant :)
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

9fingerdevil

Postby 9fingerdevil » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:03 pm

I was lucky enough to get one with the backpack at the lounge fly booth

Krazydave2000

Postby Krazydave2000 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:57 am

Missed it..
:freddy2:

Funko Patch & Pin Club Member
San Diego Chapter
Vest Up!!!!!!

SHAZAMCHAMPAGNE

Postby SHAZAMCHAMPAGNE » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:23 am

The booth ran out every time I wanted it.
ImageImage

Funtoyzjmb

Postby Funtoyzjmb » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:37 am

SHAZAMCHAMPAGNE wrote:The booth ran out every time I wanted it.

I didn’t win the Funko lottery so I tried to get this at loungefly. Crazy lines so I missed out but glad there was a chance for others to get it

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:51 am

cnote424 wrote:
ryanc_ wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:I heard that you were able to purchase it via loungefly during the convention. Can anyone confirm?

i've heard several reports that if you bought a $70 bag or something they also got the sith trooper, they sold out quickly

I was wondering all weekend how people got them ](*,)

I knew something was up when I start hearing people going to loungefly. I guess now I know lol.
IG: chasingvynl
Hello my name is Ken!
Pop Count: Too much
Main Line: GOT, WD, Disney, Simpsons, DBZ/DBS, Anime, Naruto
SDCC 17, SDCC 18, SDCC 19, ECCC 18, CRX 19, SDCC 22
ISO: Anime protos

Image Image

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:40 am

RSVHockeyDude wrote:
HobieWanKenobi wrote:
RSVHockeyDude wrote:Funko did release a different version of the 13th doctor so I think the pre-release one is never coming out. But I think the sith trooper is going to be the same thing.

Ooh that's good. LOL

That will crack me up!
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

DigsUT

Postby DigsUT » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:47 am

Great looking POP. Surprised that it is going for as much as it is, since it is suppose to be a wide release at some point.
Collecting:

Star Wars.....thats all....nothing more...well....maybe some others.... :freddy2:

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:52 am

Totally missed out!

MONSTER

Postby MONSTER » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:39 pm

rexflexall wrote:Totally missed out!

Me too. I really need to track one down.

Funkofan21

Postby Funkofan21 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:29 pm

MONSTER wrote:
rexflexall wrote:Totally missed out!

Me too. I really need to track one down.

Same here
:freddy2:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImageImageImage

r2d2

Postby r2d2 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:37 pm

Want the pop, not the sticker. Don't mind waiting for a while.

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:25 pm

DigsUT wrote:Great looking POP. Surprised that it is going for as much as it is, since it is suppose to be a wide release at some point.

The 13th doctor was to be a wide release as well and that never happened. 8-[
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

MONSTER

Postby MONSTER » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:07 pm

r2d2 wrote:Want the pop, not the sticker. Don't mind waiting for a while.

My feelings exactly.

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:36 pm

r2d2 wrote:Want the pop, not the sticker. Don't mind waiting for a while.

Same here. I'm actually a little surprised it's going for so much, but I'm patient and will wait it out for the general release.

Gman18251

Postby Gman18251 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:38 pm

dexiesmom wrote:

Biggest problem at SDCC , the exhibitors get an exhibitor badge and a regular badge so they can blend in as regular atendees. Im sure if they had only exhibitor badges it would cut down on all the nonsense. No use in even camping the Everything else line if they can be on the floor in line way before anyone else. MAttel is pretty much unattainable due to all the exhibitors capping the line.
:freddy4: love Pop collecting, mainly into rick and morty , all Star Wars, GOT and Marvel .

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:42 pm

DigsUT wrote:Great looking POP. Surprised that it is going for as much as it is, since it is suppose to be a wide release at some point.

My thought exactly! I don't really understand the immediate hype for a general release in the future. I'm starting to wonder if I missed something lol I sure hope it does in fact get a wider release.

Sparklepop5

Postby Sparklepop5 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:44 pm

Boymom4 wrote:

My thought exactly! I don't really understand the immediate hype for a general release in the future. I'm starting to wonder if I missed something lol I sure hope it does in fact get a wider release.

It's the have to be first excitement.

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:20 pm

is the sdcc red sith trooper just a pre-release? or was it a numbered LE item?
ImageImage

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:46 am

Geescube wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:

Yeah, we can't get everything we want from every con but we can try!

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:49 am

Gman18251 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:

Biggest problem at SDCC , the exhibitors get an exhibitor badge and a regular badge so they can blend in as regular atendees. Im sure if they had only exhibitor badges it would cut down on all the nonsense. No use in even camping the Everything else line if they can be on the floor in line way before anyone else. MAttel is pretty much unattainable due to all the exhibitors capping the line.

Yeah, I wish there was a better way to regulate it honestly. It gets a little frustrating when you have been in line for an extended period of time to try and get what you want for every line to be capped as soon as doors open to you. I would say probably one of the biggest problems. I almost hope they make more things part of the lottery going forward to try and avoid this problem.

MONSTER

Postby MONSTER » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:13 am

dexiesmom wrote:
Geescube wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:Its hard to compete with exhibitors already inside the con. I made a beeline right for Bait a few days, finally got in Sunday, and the line was almost full of exhibitors. Some of which were getting kicked out for trying to go through a second time by the time the exhibit hall opened. :-/ :-/ :-/

Yeah, we can't get everything we want from every con but we can try!

That's the spirit!!! lol

Jenster521

Postby Jenster521 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:19 am

Im so sad I didnt get to take one home with me. Sold out by the time I got to the booth during PN and then even sold out by the time my daughter got to the booth on Saturday and she had a 930a slot. I guess I couldve got it at the Loungefly booth but I didnt need another backpack I wasnt gonna use. Hopefully, they’ll release it when the new movie comes out. Gotta keep my trooper collection complete!

Return to “Pop!”