New Funko Pins

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
FunkoNerd

Re: New Funko Pins

Postby FunkoNerd » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:52 pm

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:This pin is amazing..wish I would have lucky enough to get.

You and me both :(
:freddy1:

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:53 pm

TheNeck wrote:luckily i was able to see the pin in person, it looks AMAZING! too bad i didnt get one myself. can't wait for more of them to come out.

You’re probably one of the few that’ll ever see this in person. :(

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:55 pm

Pinspops wrote:I wish I could of gotten it at Fundays. The pin looks amazing hopefully I can get it one day [-o<

It’s so pricey. I’m glad there at least building the hype for these!

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:55 pm

x56735x wrote:I saw the pin at the Loungefly booth. Thing is massive! For those that got it, were you able to open it and see the back? Did it say anything special on it? I'm curious also how how many posts they have one something that massive. I'm super stoked that Funko is getting into pins, their debut ones at fundays with the tiki themes were awesome! cant wait for more!

I’m sure most are scared to open it, haha

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:57 pm

dannyk wrote:I was lucky enough to receive one of these last weekend from the social media team. It's a beauty, and super light weight! I wonder what the run is on this, though I am guessing it's around the same number as the first Social Media Freddy.

You’re lucky! That’s awesome! I’m confident this has to be low. It’s idol, which means it was probably sdcc only.

dannyk

Postby dannyk » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:02 pm

FunkoNerd wrote:
dannyk wrote:I was lucky enough to receive one of these last weekend from the social media team. It's a beauty, and super light weight! I wonder what the run is on this, though I am guessing it's around the same number as the first Social Media Freddy.

You’re lucky! That’s awesome! I’m confident this has to be low. It’s idol, which means it was probably sdcc only.

This is my thought as well, but it does appear as though they will be handing out a few online and maybe some upcoming events/cons.
~ PROG ~

XBOX: PROGMONSTER

Image Image Image

Co-Founder of Secondary Heroes #NerdsUnite

spidex

Postby spidex » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:04 pm

When was this given out??
Saw people posting about it online ..
Pretty sure it wasn’t given out on funday.. ):
ImageImage
ImageImage

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wHy mE woRRy? :spiderman:
IG: www.instagram.com/spidexy

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:06 pm

dannyk wrote:
FunkoNerd wrote:

This is my thought as well, but it does appear as though they will be handing out a few online and maybe some upcoming events/cons.

I think that’s great. I guess the them doesn’t change until next June/July. Very cool. I want one!

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:16 pm

need that golden pin!!! hope i get lucky enough to get one eventually
ImageImage

Pinspops

Postby Pinspops » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:28 pm

FunkoNerd wrote:
Pinspops wrote:I wish I could of gotten it at Fundays. The pin looks amazing hopefully I can get it one day [-o<

There was one on evilbay this week and it sold for $430 :eek:

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:38 pm

Pinspops wrote:
FunkoNerd wrote:

I saw that. Why do I think that it will increase in value? I’m not saying it should, but these look so rare!

neonglow

Postby neonglow » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:40 pm

If Funko decides to do more pins, I'm sure they'll find their way into the Hot Topic boxes I usually buy.

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:44 pm

neonglow wrote:If Funko decides to do more pins, I'm sure they'll find their way into the Hot Topic boxes I usually buy.

Wow, I never thought of that. That would be sweet to see.

Pinspops

Postby Pinspops » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:11 pm

FunkoNerd wrote:
Pinspops wrote:
FunkoNerd wrote:

I saw that. Why do I think that it will increase in value? I’m not saying it should, but these look so rare!

From what I was told it's a proto and only 300 made so I assume its rare

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:13 pm

Pinspops wrote:
FunkoNerd wrote:
Pinspops wrote:There was one on evilbay this week and it sold for $430 :eek:

A proto? That’s confusing. Isn’t it painted?

mariog1497

Postby mariog1497 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:18 pm

spidex wrote:When was this given out??

Some were given out during Fundays but it wasn't in the bag they gave everyone. 2 workers from LoungeFly were walking around with a box and in the box they had a good amount of the Freddy Idol pins. My friend ended up getting one because they seen him wearing his Fiends vest and saw all his pins. I think they were just walking around giving them randomly to people to get the word out about these.
Hey, I'm Mario! | Collector since 2015 | IG: @CoppedEmAll

mariog1497

Postby mariog1497 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:19 pm

I'm honestly looking forward to seeing what Funko does with this style of pin! Personally I think most figpins are too big to wear on vests or bags, and these seem the same, but I could see how these would become addicting to display just in the box they come in. Hopefully more and more start popping up (:
Hey, I'm Mario! | Collector since 2015 | IG: @CoppedEmAll

Pinspops

Postby Pinspops » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:21 pm

FunkoNerd wrote:
Pinspops wrote:
FunkoNerd wrote:

I'm really bad with names lol but the creator of the pin was at SDCC at the Loungefly booth and he told me it was a proto. The only reason I know is because I was at Loungefly and I asked him if I could buy it and that when he told me.

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:30 pm

Pinspops wrote:
FunkoNerd wrote:
Pinspops wrote:From what I was told it's a proto and only 300 made so I assume its rare

I'm really bad with names lol but the creator of the pin was at SDCC at the Loungefly booth and he told me it was a proto. The only reason I know is because I was at Loungefly and I asked him if I could buy it and that when he told me.

I wonder if he meant proto as in, first to market test piece? They may have wanted to see the reaction to it, just to see if they want to make more.

Pinspops

Postby Pinspops » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:36 pm

Yes because he told me that the stand would have the Freddy crown and that some of th he pins wou6habe a 3d image

tehlilone

Postby tehlilone » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:32 pm

This is really cute. Wish they made it more accesible. I have a funko pin project for our wall going on already for their enamel pins.

TruffleShuffle

Postby TruffleShuffle » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:45 pm

I'm just surprised that Funko hadn't gotten into the pin game sooner considering they're a staple at conventions. I mean they've done small pins, but nothing on the scope of Figpins. This Golden Freddy tiki looks like Funko's delving deeper into the higher quality pins. All I gotta say is,"Keep em coming!"
Name: Justin T.
Pops!: 697 - Dorbz: 12 - PSH: 25 - VYNL.: 6
ImageImageImageImageImage

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:01 am

I really love the golden freddy pin and they did a great job with the display box. I'm looking forward to them congrats to everyone who got the golden freddy!!
:freddy3:

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:34 am

Total congrats to everyone who got the golden freddy tiki pin, saw it after my friend attended fundays and was hoping to pick one up but once I saw one on ebay go for 400+ easily put me out of the market. The design and pin itself is so clean definitely liked it more than any of the Figpins I saw during con. I think when they say prototype they mean this is just a small 1st run at pins so far but expect more to come.

Neuron

Postby Neuron » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:53 am

spidex wrote:When was this given out??

I saw quite a handful of collectors got it too! They are pretty huge!
ImageImage

Neuron

Postby Neuron » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:54 am

Sonic77 wrote:Total congrats to everyone who got the golden freddy tiki pin, saw it after my friend attended fundays and was hoping to pick one up but once I saw one on ebay go for 400+ easily put me out of the market. The design and pin itself is so clean definitely liked it more than any of the Figpins I saw during con. I think when they say prototype they mean this is just a small 1st run at pins so far but expect more to come.

wow for $400+ is a lot for a Pin!
ImageImage

Cbon91

Postby Cbon91 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:55 am

This thing is massive! It would easily take up 1/4 of my pin board haha aaaaaannnnnndddd I need it!

Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:57 pm

FunkoNerd wrote:
Stat32111 wrote:Hmm is funko gonna get into the figpin market now? lol

Seems like this is a great way to compete! The only difference is that they’ll be pop style, unless they make regular pins.

Maybe? Bc/ it looks like the figpin thread just got axed. Lol

angrynate

Postby angrynate » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:48 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

This is the first thing I thought of when I read about this. I am so excited to see what they do with these pins. I do find it interesting they announce this line now when Yoko left Funko to go to figpin. I heard the line at figpin was crazyness during SDCC.

Anyways, I know Funko will hit this line out of the park. My wallet might be super in trouble now due to these pins. I really want that golden idol freddy pin though.

Yeah, that FigPin line was insane. I'm blessed that I was able to get a 9:30a slot on Sunday at SDCC. I really want that Freddy pin too! I hope there's some way that I can get one [-o<

Yeah, it didn't seem like FiGPiN was prepared for the madness on the first day, but they got it sorted out pretty quickly for the rest of the weekend. A couple of friends got the Golden Idol Freddy pin at Fundays and it looks awesome in person. I'm excited to see where they go with this.
That's my secret Cap... I'm always angry

ImageImageImageImage

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:28 pm

angrynate wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
This is the first thing I thought of when I read about this. I am so excited to see what they do with these pins. I do find it interesting they announce this line now when Yoko left Funko to go to figpin. I heard the line at figpin was crazyness during SDCC.

Anyways, I know Funko will hit this line out of the park. My wallet might be super in trouble now due to these pins. I really want that golden idol freddy pin though.

Yeah, that FigPin line was insane. I'm blessed that I was able to get a 9:30a slot on Sunday at SDCC. I really want that Freddy pin too! I hope there's some way that I can get one [-o<

Yeah, it didn't seem like FiGPiN was prepared for the madness on the first day, but they got it sorted out pretty quickly for the rest of the weekend. A couple of friends got the Golden Idol Freddy pin at Fundays and it looks awesome in person. I'm excited to see where they go with this.

Me too! and I love how they're a decent size...but that would mean Funko will be getting a lot more of my money!

:mir1:
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

angrynate

Postby angrynate » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:36 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
angrynate wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

Me too! and I love how they're a decent size...but that would mean Funko will be getting a lot more of my money!

Let's not pretend they didn't already have all our past, current and future money ;-) lol
That's my secret Cap... I'm always angry

ImageImageImageImage

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:39 pm

angrynate wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
angrynate wrote:

Let's not pretend they didn't already have all our past, current and future money ;-) lol

HAHA True! I should update my direct deposit info to go straight to Funko!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:00 pm

angrynate wrote:

Seriously...for real!!
It’s me Lynda

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:43 pm

Gooker1 wrote:
FunkoNerd wrote:

Seems like this is a great way to compete! The only difference is that they’ll be pop style, unless they make regular pins.

Maybe? Bc/ it looks like the figpin thread just got axed. Lol

I’m not surprised

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:49 pm

I'm happy to hear it is lightweight, I thought it might be heavy from the looks of it.
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FUNKON 2021

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:02 pm

Wow this look huge! N nice!!
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

pandapop88

Postby pandapop88 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:41 pm

Hopefully, they will hand out more of this pin! Definitely, a must add to the collection.

Neuron

Postby Neuron » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:12 pm

love this new huge pin! hopefully will have a chance to own one.
ImageImage

jcowden5984

Postby jcowden5984 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:59 am

How did you get this? I went to fundays and didn't see these anywhere and I'm super jealous because I absolutely LOVE this pin!

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:45 am

I held one in my hand but I wish I paid attention to how heavy it was :-k
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

Return to “Other Funko Products”