Sith Trooper

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
MONSTER

Re: Sith Trooper

Postby MONSTER » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:00 am

There will definitely be a regular release. I'm going to wait for that one.

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:28 am

supertoygiant wrote:
renardchua wrote:Love this Pop!, looks really cool, hope to get the SDCC stickered one at a good price, if not, will just have to wait for it’s regular release. :D

If it ever is released...

This, as well as some comments on this thread, got me thinking.. Great theories by the way!

Hmmmm, hope they still release him in wider quantities.
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:35 am

Wonder if the public release keeps everything the same less the SDCC sticker. I missed out on it but the box design was nice with some gold trimmings!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:40 pm

FunkoLoco wrote:is the sdcc red sith trooper just a pre-release? or was it a numbered LE item?

Even though there’s no number on it, I want to say it’s both? Now if this isn’t another 13th Doctor situation, getting the same Pop later should be easy.

I’ve seen the EBay prices, so anyone thinking about going through EBay, just don’t it. I have one and super grateful to own one, but if I didn’t, no way I would go through EBay. I would rather test my luck and hope the Pop is the same like the first release, than pay $200+. Who cares about which holds more value in the money arena. By the way, I’m doing the waiting game for the Hot Toys version; I bet there will be a common release with more parts. So, there you go.
:freddy1:

r2d2

Postby r2d2 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:52 pm

FunkoLoco wrote:is the sdcc red sith trooper just a pre-release? or was it a numbered LE item?

Yep, first to market. Is not numbered.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:50 pm

Howardthepop wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
Howardthepop wrote:
Yes it was very popular. Someone had told me that if you bought a Loungefly Bag over 70 bucks you had a chance to get the pop for 5 bucks. Not sure how true that was.Washington

I heard that too, which makes perfect sense as to why it sold out at the Funko booth prior to the 2 LE1000's every day. I was under the impression that the Loungefly booth didn't have a huge stock. I wasn't interested in the bag but, shoot, considering the demand, it may have been worth it to get the back/pop anyway.

My sister bought 2 bags for my daughters at the Loungefly booth, but we didn't know about the Pop for 5 bucks. Oh well onto the next one.

So there was no sign or even offered it?

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:51 pm

HobieWanKenobi wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
HobieWanKenobi wrote:
Pretty sure that info was on Star Wars.com when they revealed all the Sith Trooper stuff.

Work kept me busy. Didn't have much time to search info. Went with what I had, prior to the Sith announcements.

So...you probably wouldn't have seen that info even if YeetGrimes posted it last week then. :D

Nope, that's why she has my number.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:53 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
theraven00 wrote:
HobieWanKenobi wrote:
So...you probably wouldn't have seen that info even if YeetGrimes posted it last week then. :D

lol =D>

Don't worry about Manny and I lol We just like to push each other around! No harm meant :)

I'll miss that in a few weeks. :(

Howardthepop

Postby Howardthepop » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:56 pm

nightbodega wrote:
Howardthepop wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
I heard that too, which makes perfect sense as to why it sold out at the Funko booth prior to the 2 LE1000's every day. I was under the impression that the Loungefly booth didn't have a huge stock. I wasn't interested in the bag but, shoot, considering the demand, it may have been worth it to get the back/pop anyway.

My sister bought 2 bags for my daughters at the Loungefly booth, but we didn't know about the Pop for 5 bucks. Oh well onto the next one.

I didn't see a sign when I walked by the booth and I'm not sure if she was offered the pop when she bought them. It sucks if they didn't offer it to her tho. Those bags ain't cheap.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:09 pm

Howardthepop wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Howardthepop wrote:

I didn't see a sign when I walked by the booth and I'm not sure if she was offered the pop when she bought them. It sucks if they didn't offer it to her tho. Those bags ain't cheap.

Oh well, maybe next year, we will have to pay attention more.

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:17 pm

nightbodega wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
theraven00 wrote: lol =D>

Don't worry about Manny and I lol We just like to push each other around! No harm meant :)

I'll miss that in a few weeks. :(

:( :( :(
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:20 pm

r2d2 wrote:

i see. then hopefully it will drop down price eventually.
ImageImage

jrocksphotos

Postby jrocksphotos » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:23 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:The Loungefly booth was selling the Sith Trooper bag that included the Pop! It was really tempting.

Serious? And you didn't feel like sharing this info last week?

Yes lol Because I didn't think anyone wanted one badly lol lol lol

Lol getting in that line wasn’t easy either hahah
SWC19/SDCC ‘17-‘19/ Pop Up SDCC ‘17/ECCC ‘18 & '19/Funko HQ Grand Opening 11AM / Funkast HQ pre-ECCC ‘18 & '19/Fugitive ECCC 18'/19' & NYCC Party ‘18/FDO8 Chicago/ Fundays ‘18-‘19/Making Fun Movie Premier in Hollywood/ Disneyland Funatics Meet-up ‘18/Conan SDCC ‘17-‘19 / NYCC 2018 / D-Con 2018 / Spooky Empire 2018 / RICC 2018 / Monster Mask-O RAID 2018

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:30 am

jrocksphotos wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Serious? And you didn't feel like sharing this info last week?

Yes lol Because I didn't think anyone wanted one badly lol lol lol

We tried on Sunday. We felt we were literally first into the hall but still didn't get the pop+bag. There was already a line of someone (no idea where they could have come from)

spidex

Postby spidex » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:44 am

KidMarvel wrote:Wonder if the public release keeps everything the same less the SDCC sticker. I missed out on it but the box design was nice with some gold trimmings!

What with the boxes??!!?? Seems like funko is stepping up their game to make it harder for me to oob them when the boxes are so pretty!!!
ImageImage
ImageImage

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wHy mE woRRy? :spiderman:
IG: www.instagram.com/spidexy

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:55 am

runtodere wrote:
jrocksphotos wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:Yes lol Because I didn't think anyone wanted one badly lol lol lol

We tried on Sunday. We felt we were literally first into the hall but still didn't get the pop+bag. There was already a line of someone (no idea where they could have come from)

I went there first thing on Friday. I wonder if I could've gotten it because the line wasn't too bad at all. My main goal was the Scoops bag, though.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

r2d2

Postby r2d2 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:45 am

FunkoLoco wrote:
r2d2 wrote:

i see. then hopefully it will drop down price eventually.

It will. All the way down to retail price.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:03 am

I really wanted this pre release sticker but this pop was highly sought after and extremely coveted at the convention. Getting to it was nearly impossible.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:18 am

Howardthepop wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Howardthepop wrote:

There was a sign. Once they sold out the sign was taken down :)
I'm Abe

DarthLeo33

Postby DarthLeo33 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:29 am

The Sith Trooper pop is ridiculously cool. I'll definitely have to grab it when it hits stores. The "debut" sticker would have been sweet to have, but it's the same pop, so I'm ok with that.
ImageImage

POPianato

Postby POPianato » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:34 am

This was one of the pops I was really hoping to pick up at SDCC, but never saw it available at the booth. Not saying it wasn't. It just wasn't by the time I got in.
ImageImage

dboneo

Postby dboneo » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:38 am

any news about a release date?

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:12 am

YeetGrimes wrote:
runtodere wrote:
jrocksphotos wrote:

I went there first thing on Friday. I wonder if I could've gotten it because the line wasn't too bad at all. My main goal was the Scoops bag, though.

Unfortunately it looks like we may never know. I havent heard from anyone who actually got one this way yet.

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:16 am

runtodere wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
runtodere wrote:We tried on Sunday. We felt we were literally first into the hall but still didn't get the pop+bag. There was already a line of someone (no idea where they could have come from)

Unfortunately it looks like we may never know. I havent heard from anyone who actually got one this way yet.

Usually people that are already in line are most likely exhibitors/vendors who just go and line up right before the doors open so all us general attendees end up behind them.
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

Howardthepop

Postby Howardthepop » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:32 am

Lonikins wrote:
runtodere wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:I went there first thing on Friday. I wonder if I could've gotten it because the line wasn't too bad at all. My main goal was the Scoops bag, though.

Usually people that are already in line are most likely exhibitors/vendors who just go and line up right before the doors open so all us general attendees end up behind them.

Yes your correct it's vendors, exhibitors and ADA people. They get first crack at everything before general public does.

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:39 am

Howardthepop wrote:
Lonikins wrote:
runtodere wrote:Unfortunately it looks like we may never know. I havent heard from anyone who actually got one this way yet.

Yes your correct it's vendors, exhibitors and ADA people. They get first crack at everything before general public does.

It's hit or miss if the ADA people get in before the general line especially if they're trying to get somewhere further away from the area they get let in. I know on PN I made it to the booth from the general line before my friend in ADA, but I was also first into the hall.
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

disneyfunkoaddict

Postby disneyfunkoaddict » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:46 am

yeah wasn't able to him at SDCC, by the time I thought about getting the bundle from loungefly it was too late. :(

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:08 am

It was the star of Funko this SDCC!

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:31 am

Howardthepop wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Howardthepop wrote:

Yeah, that would have sucked if they didn't even offer it...unless they were sold out of that days inventory at that time...?
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

zwahelian

Postby zwahelian » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:18 pm

I was able to get him with a 9:30am slot, very cool box for sure. Surprised how quickly it ran out at the booth, faster than the LE1000 ones. I’ve been trying to quit collecting Star Wars and the chromes were making that easier, but I had to have this.
IG: funkh0e
Started collecting: July 2016 | Pop! Star Wars: 83 | Pop! Marvel: TBA | Pop! Heroes: 45 | Pop! Rides: 3 | Total Pop!s: 1,000+

Grail: NYCC Qui Gon Jinn, Indy's Ride, Holo Qui Gon, Flocked Wicket

Kullekter89

Postby Kullekter89 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:35 pm

Really hope it gets a release for the public. And that nothing changes, just the debut sticker on it. With out the sticker so it’s available for us all who couldn’t get it. I tried all days of sdcc this year when I was there. I collect troopers and would definitely want this in my collection.
:freddy3:

Here to help other fellow funatics in anyway and everyway that I can.

Main ISO
RED SKULL
WHITE RANGER (GITD)

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:48 pm

I hope this turns out like last years Doctor... the box is too nice and detailed to be the same for general release. Most likely Funko releases a "watered down" version.
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:31 pm

Kullekter89 wrote:Really hope it gets a release for the public. And that nothing changes, just the debut sticker on it. With out the sticker so it’s available for us all who couldn’t get it. I tried all days of sdcc this year when I was there. I collect troopers and would definitely want this in my collection.

Hope you're able to get your hands on one!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

Sparklepop5

Postby Sparklepop5 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:33 pm

L3g3nD33 wrote:I hope this turns out like last years Doctor... the box is too nice and detailed to be the same for general release. Most likely Funko releases a "watered down" version.

That works for me.

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:40 pm

Lonikins wrote:
Howardthepop wrote:
Lonikins wrote:

It's hit or miss if the ADA people get in before the general line especially if they're trying to get somewhere further away from the area they get let in. I know on PN I made it to the booth from the general line before my friend in ADA, but I was also first into the hall.

Hope you managed to get all you wanted from the booth then Loni! What time did you start queueing for PN? It was our first time this year and we only started queueing up to enter the hall at 4pm, literally had the funko queue closed off in front of me lol
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:43 pm

KidMarvel wrote:
Lonikins wrote:
Howardthepop wrote:

Hope you managed to get all you wanted from the booth then Loni! What time did you start queueing for PN? It was our first time this year and we only started queueing up to enter the hall at 4pm, literally had the funko queue closed off in front of me lol

I was also able to get into the booth in first group. I lined up at about 6:30 AM and made sure to go to hall g side instead of sails pavilion.
Collecting since 2014

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:54 pm

runtodere wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
runtodere wrote:We tried on Sunday. We felt we were literally first into the hall but still didn't get the pop+bag. There was already a line of someone (no idea where they could have come from)

I got it through the Loungfly booth, I think I was 40th in line on Fri. The booth only got 50 on Thrus & Fri (not sure what happened on Sat & Sun). Can also confrim there was a sign right next to the bag.
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

kastudillo

Postby kastudillo » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:56 pm

I need this pop! Tried every day and didn't end up finding out about the loungefly bundle till it was too late
Love anything Funko!!! :freddy3:
ImageImage

cptuff1969

Postby cptuff1969 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:24 pm

Wished I could have got my hands on one of those :(
Image Image[/quote]

Legion Of Boom
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby Legion Of Boom » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:27 pm

Lonikins wrote:
Howardthepop wrote:
Lonikins wrote:

You're a fast walker...I couldn't keep up lol
name's Av

Instagram - @av.cruz // Twitter - @avcruz76

IG & Twitter - @averagenerdpod

Fundays 2014 - Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2017 - Fundays 2018 - Fundays 2019 - Fundays 2022 - Fundays 2023
Fright Night 2016 - Fright Night II 2022

FDO8SF 2018 - FDO9SAC 2023
"Making Fun" World Premiere - Hollywood 2018
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2019
FunKon 2021 - FunKon 2022

Return to “Pop!”