Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
repair-manmanmanman

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:31 pm

That Sith Trooper was nuts. I did not expect it to be so difficult to get. My hotel roomies and I had a 3 separate funko booth slots at 9:30 am and we were only able to get one.
Hi, I'm CY

disneyfunkoaddict

Postby disneyfunkoaddict » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:33 pm

repair-manmanmanman wrote:That Sith Trooper was nuts. I did not expect it to be so difficult to get. My hotel roomies and I had a 3 separate funko booth slots at 9:30 am and we were only able to get one.

that's crazy, now I don't feel that bad I couldn't get one for my daughter.

5panel

Postby 5panel » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:34 pm

Nice these chrome colors make sense

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:37 pm

disneyfunkoaddict wrote:
repair-manmanmanman wrote:That Sith Trooper was nuts. I did not expect it to be so difficult to get. My hotel roomies and I had a 3 separate funko booth slots at 9:30 am and we were only able to get one.

that's crazy, now I don't feel that bad I couldn't get one for my daughter.[/quote}

Just remember SWCC 2019 and all guilt will fade away!
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:37 pm

disneyfunkoaddict wrote:

Yeah, my buddy said his register told him they were sold out and it was only his second transaction of the day lol
Hi, I'm CY

deetran24

Postby deetran24 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:47 pm

Wow that sounds insane. At least you guys were able to get 1.
Lakers|Pops|Lakers :freddy3:
Fundays: 2018|2019
Favorite Sets: The Office|F.R.I.E.N.D.S.|Saved By The Bell|GOT|

disneyfunkoaddict

Postby disneyfunkoaddict » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:48 pm

repair-manmanmanman wrote:
disneyfunkoaddict wrote:

Yeah, my buddy said his register told him they were sold out and it was only his second transaction of the day lol

no wonder it was hard to get. I should have just went to loungefly PN or Thursday and bought the backpack with pop deal. :(

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:08 pm

disneyfunkoaddict wrote:
disneyfunkoaddict wrote:that's crazy, now I don't feel that bad I couldn't get one for my daughter.

no wonder it was hard to get. I should have just went to loungefly PN or Thursday and bought the backpack with pop deal. :(

Yeah, I think people didn't catch onto that deal until it became apparent the pop would be hard to get. It's still worth it and you end up with a sweet backpack.
Hi, I'm CY

SHAZAMCHAMPAGNE

Postby SHAZAMCHAMPAGNE » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:37 am

I didn’t get any con sticker but I did get shared. Still need yoga.
ImageImage

BestDadEver

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives

Postby BestDadEver » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:39 pm

LovesTheSnow76 wrote:
jadekitten wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:I thought about that too. Wonder why sdcc?? I’m not complaining but seems appropriate for ECCC.

Good point. You're not wrong lol

That would have been perfect for ECCC.

Never been to eccc hope I can make it happen this year!!! If nothing else would love to go to HQ!!
Image Image

philipali

Postby philipali » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:47 pm

disneyfunkoaddict wrote:
disneyfunkoaddict wrote:that's crazy, now I don't feel that bad I couldn't get one for my daughter.

but the sith trooper is just first to market right?
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:01 pm

Lazy chrome remakes of the Star Wars pop. I envision a rainbow spectrum of chrome colours like Thanos.

However green does fit Yoda and boba! Wishing they came out for ECCC though.
ImageImageImageImage

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:06 pm

Wow and the 9:30 slot usually gets you everything. I had a buddy who had a 9:30 slot as well and got everything but the Sith Trooper.

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:44 pm

Sonic77 wrote:

Wow and the 9:30 slot usually gets you everything. I had a buddy who had a 9:30 slot as well and got everything but the Sith Trooper.

Yeah the only reason I was able to get it was because I high tailed it to the booth and was luckily 12th in line at the start.
Hi, I'm CY

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:38 pm

disneyfunkoaddict wrote:

I heard the first couple of days that people didnt even know you could buy the trooper with the backpack. Is that true? Sunday for the trooper was ridiculous

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:40 pm

Sonic77 wrote:

Preview night for the trooper wasn't bad at all. Me and my friend both got one on preview night. The rumor was they sold too many on pn but not sure if that is true

ETphonehome

Postby ETphonehome » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:47 pm

They did not have sith trooper for everybody in the 1st session. Wonder if Funko underestimated the demand for it.

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:51 pm

runtodere wrote:
disneyfunkoaddict wrote:

I heard the first couple of days that people didnt even know you could buy the trooper with the backpack. Is that true? Sunday for the trooper was ridiculous

I didn't personally know, but loungefly was always capped whenever I saw the line Thurs-Sat, so other people probably knew. Everyone else just didn't know sith trooper would be so difficult to get until saturday/sunday.
Hi, I'm CY

Cchavez77

Postby Cchavez77 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:52 pm

I had a Friday 9am and was prob 15th in line and missed out. It was not easy to get at all
Funko Hollywood Grand opening
Funko Fundays 18-19
Sdcc 07-08, 18-19

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:54 pm

runtodere wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:

Preview night for the trooper wasn't bad at all. Me and my friend both got one on preview night. The rumor was they sold too many on pn but not sure if that is true

I would speculate they only brought ~500 pieces without realizing they had to split it up between the funko booth and loungefly.
Hi, I'm CY

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:58 pm

runtodere wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:

I would speculate they only brought ~500 pieces without realizing they had to split it up between the funko booth and loungefly.

So I didn't know they split it with loungefly, how did that work? Buy a backpack and you can buy the Sith Trooper Pop?

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:00 pm

Sonic77 wrote:
runtodere wrote:Preview night for the trooper wasn't bad at all. Me and my friend both got one on preview night. The rumor was they sold too many on pn but not sure if that is true

So I didn't know they split it with loungefly, how did that work? Buy a backpack and you can buy the Sith Trooper Pop?

yeah, exactly that.
Hi, I'm CY

Aggie2010

Postby Aggie2010 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:34 pm

Sounds like i should of went to loungefly :/

dirtyhobbit

Postby dirtyhobbit » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:42 pm

Sonic77 wrote:

yeah, exactly that.

Dang, didn't even notice that, I could of gotten in that loungefly booth everyday

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:40 am

runtodere wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:

I would be interested to know the actual numbers on this one.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:28 am

Loungefly did like 50 Sith Troopers a day, like $5 with the purchase of the Sith backpack!

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:39 am

runtodere wrote:
runtodere wrote:Preview night for the trooper wasn't bad at all. Me and my friend both got one on preview night. The rumor was they sold too many on pn but not sure if that is true

me too, 500 LE seems really low for SDCC
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:48 am

disneyfunkoaddict wrote:

I wish I knew about the backpack and pop deal on that one. Somehow I missed it completely
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:01 pm

Sonic77 wrote:

The power of red! So, if you red it, they will come.
:freddy1:

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:27 pm

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
runtodere wrote:

The problem was it's not actually LE, so they were really only limited by however much stock they brought and slapped an SDCC sticker on.
Hi, I'm CY

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:28 pm

Mario Wario wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:

The power of red! So, if you red it, they will come.

Lol I was in a collectibles store this past weekend and saw a lady frantically confirming something on her phone and then look disappointed afterwards. Turns out she found the target red stormtrooper and thought it could have been a sith trooper.
Hi, I'm CY

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:22 pm

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
runtodere wrote:I would be interested to know the actual numbers on this one.

The problem was it's not actually LE, so they were really only limited by however much stock they brought and slapped an SDCC sticker on.

So if only some of the Sith Trooper's have the Debut Sticker/SDCC sticker doesn't that make it a LE ?? If and when it is released on the market isn't it different? My point of reference is the Unmasked Vader #43, there is 2 different ones (1st to Market & the common), current value $75 vs $7 per PPG. Although I also don't know the LE of the 1st to market Vader...so maybe I'm completley wrong and there is no LE number for either of them

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

k05cube

Postby k05cube » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:24 pm

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:

So if only some of the Sith Trooper's have the Debut Sticker/SDCC sticker doesn't that make it a LE ?? If and when it is released on the market isn't it different? My point of reference is the Unmasked Vader #43, there is 2 different ones (1st to Market & the common), current value $75 vs $7 per PPG. Although I also don't know the LE of the 1st to market Vader...so maybe I'm completley wrong and there is no LE number for either of them

Yes ppl are willing to pay more for that exclusive sticker. lol
:freddy2: Darth Maul Rules!

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:28 pm

k05cube wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
repair-manmanmanman wrote: The problem was it's not actually LE, so they were really only limited by however much stock they brought and slapped an SDCC sticker on.

If I wasn't lucky enough to get him at SDCC, I would be buying it off of somebody (& my wallet thanks me..LOL)...but I will also be getting the general release since I will be counting it as 2 different pops

k05cube

Postby k05cube » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:30 pm

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
k05cube wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:

If I wasn't lucky enough to get him at SDCC, I would be buying it off of somebody (& my wallet thanks me..LOL)...but I will also be getting the general release since I will be counting it as 2 different pops

I’ll have to thank my friend who got it for me at sdcc. Will definitely also get the regular release as I’m a completist lol and I already have all the Star Wars to date except LE 80 for now lol

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:39 pm

k05cube wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
k05cube wrote:

I’ll have to thank my friend who got it for me at sdcc. Will definitely also get the regular release as I’m a completist lol and I already have all the Star Wars to date except LE 80 for now lol

Congrats of getting the Sith Trooper & Congrats on almost being complete !!! I'm also a completist. I just missing 4 now (Flocked Chewie 2011 SDCC, Stormtrooper Luke, Stormtrooper Han, Gold Luke) and 6 if I count the last two SW Freddie's I need (Blue Hair Clone Trooper & Red Hair Boba Fett).

k05cube

Postby k05cube » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:00 am

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
k05cube wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:

Congrats of getting the Sith Trooper & Congrats on almost being complete !!! I'm also a completist. I just missing 4 now (Flocked Chewie 2011 SDCC, Stormtrooper Luke, Stormtrooper Han, Gold Luke) and 6 if I count the last two SW Freddie's I need (Blue Hair Clone Trooper & Red Hair Boba Fett).

Same! I’m missing both freddy and Gold luke. I chose not to get dome bb-8 n r2-d2 cos I don’t like it. lol

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:58 pm

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
k05cube wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:

Well the Sith trooper doesn't have a first to market sticker, it's just the comic con sticker like all the other shared ones. It would be no different than if it was a shared and you could purchase it at gamestop or something (except you can't). My real view of LE is that something is really only LE if there is a number attached, so I don't personally consider sith trooper LE. And if there sticker isn't what sets it aside from the other shared exclusives, I'd hope that perhaps the box will be different.
Hi, I'm CY

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:22 pm

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
k05cube wrote:

Well the Sith trooper doesn't have a first to market sticker, it's just the comic con sticker like all the other shared ones. It would be no different than if it was a shared and you could purchase it at gamestop or something (except you can't). My real view of LE is that something is really only LE if there is a number attached, so I don't personally consider sith trooper LE. And if there sticker isn't what sets it aside from the other shared exclusives, I'd hope that perhaps the box will be different.

good points...and agree hopfully the box will be different

k05cube

Postby k05cube » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:21 pm

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
k05cube wrote:

The sticker is a special debut sticker which is different from the other sdcc stickers lol

Return to “Pop!”