Funko verse board game.

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
MrSmileyFace

Re: Funko verse board game.

Postby MrSmileyFace » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:55 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:
lavery01 wrote:Anyone have any insight about the concept of the game? From the pics it looks interesting.

I'm not sure there are any concept leaks yet, but based on current trends for board games.. I can kind of speculate for ya!

Looks like 1 set of dice with 3 markings? Shields, Bangs, and !!!. I imagine you need to roll X many shields or X many Bang icons to do something... possible that the !!! are automatic failures or catastrophic events when rolling.

It also looks like each character has a stat card, so I'm sure there will be unique abilities for each figure. Batgirl has a Batarang equip card, so I wonder if you randomly find those in game, or roll for them before the game.

My guess based on the layout of the board is that each player will have a specific mission they draw from and need to complete... the fact that there are good+evil pieces (at least for the batman game shown), I bet we'll see it as a possible soft team vs team game where the villians try to accomplish a goal and the heroes stop them and have additional goals that can earn them points. Maybe play with the most points is the overall winner, but good or evil might also be "triumpant"

It only shows one board, so it could also be a dungeon exploration game, which is super popular right now.... creating a map before or during play so your character has to traverse a world of sorts.

Either way, this is A LOT more exciting than what I had originally imagined (funko themed Monopoly... lol), so hopefully we'll see a lot more fandoms!

EDIT:

Upon further inspection.. Batgirl is in a "knocked out character" zone hinting to fighting between characters and there are Gems on the board... maybe the game has multiple missions you need to complete (IE: Star Wars Imperial Assault) over a long campaign. The current setup maybe being "heroes stop the villains from gaining X many gems"

The knocked out character place card has number sections, maybe after so many turns your hero becomes active again so long as your team mate is alive?

Wow... sounds like a game for 10 years and older. It will be interesting to hear the feedback on the board game after Gen con
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:22 pm

MrSmileyFace wrote:
Spoiler: show
Sarcasticguy wrote:
lavery01 wrote:Anyone have any insight about the concept of the game? From the pics it looks interesting.

I'm not sure there are any concept leaks yet, but based on current trends for board games.. I can kind of speculate for ya!

Looks like 1 set of dice with 3 markings? Shields, Bangs, and !!!. I imagine you need to roll X many shields or X many Bang icons to do something... possible that the !!! are automatic failures or catastrophic events when rolling.

It also looks like each character has a stat card, so I'm sure there will be unique abilities for each figure. Batgirl has a Batarang equip card, so I wonder if you randomly find those in game, or roll for them before the game.

My guess based on the layout of the board is that each player will have a specific mission they draw from and need to complete... the fact that there are good+evil pieces (at least for the batman game shown), I bet we'll see it as a possible soft team vs team game where the villians try to accomplish a goal and the heroes stop them and have additional goals that can earn them points. Maybe play with the most points is the overall winner, but good or evil might also be "triumpant"

It only shows one board, so it could also be a dungeon exploration game, which is super popular right now.... creating a map before or during play so your character has to traverse a world of sorts.

Either way, this is A LOT more exciting than what I had originally imagined (funko themed Monopoly... lol), so hopefully we'll see a lot more fandoms!

EDIT:

Upon further inspection.. Batgirl is in a "knocked out character" zone hinting to fighting between characters and there are Gems on the board... maybe the game has multiple missions you need to complete (IE: Star Wars Imperial Assault) over a long campaign. The current setup maybe being "heroes stop the villains from gaining X many gems"

The knocked out character place card has number sections, maybe after so many turns your hero becomes active again so long as your team mate is alive?

Wow... sounds like a game for 10 years and older. It will be interesting to hear the feedback on the board game after Gen con

Remember, speculation! Lol, but I imagine the mechanics will be simplified to allow younger kids to play. IMO, if a kid can understand Monopoly, they can basically understand games like these.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:37 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:
Sarcasticguy wrote:

EDIT:

Remember, speculation! Lol, but I imagine the mechanics will be simplified to allow younger kids to play. IMO, if a kid can understand Monopoly, they can basically understand games like these.

What is this? A game for ants?!

I doubt it's Agricola or something, but i'm really hoping for something not too simple.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:56 pm

Valde wrote:
Sarcasticguy wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:

I doubt it's Agricola or something, but i'm really hoping for something not too simple.

It kind of reminds me of Super Dungeon Explore.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

o2thedbld5

Postby o2thedbld5 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:50 pm

I've started playing more board games as of late with a few other Funatics on here. Usually we do a weekly/bi-weekly thing on the weekends. I think one of us may end up picking up a version of the Funkoverse and try it out someday. After seeing the video on how to play this morning, it seems very cool with the Pops being the game's character pieces. Definitely looking forward to playing!
This be Aud, o2thedbld, odd!
Fav pop: Thumper :bunny:
ISO: The Jesus from The Big Lebowski, Audrey Hepburn Wacky Wobbler, Mars Attacks Martian

ImageImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:56 am

Super excited for the Harry Potter game. I saw they come in a 4 pack and 2 pack maybe making it expandable. I did find this video on YouTube of a person explaining the batman game.

Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

CollectorBadger

Postby CollectorBadger » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:10 am

A buddy of mine has a time slot to demo the games tomorrow at GenCon, I am curious to see what he says

Nick IG: collector.badger

ETphonehome

Postby ETphonehome » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:45 am

Need more info on this game.

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:55 am

Valde wrote:
Sarcasticguy wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:

Ah, I see you are a man of taste with that Agricola comment! I'm hoping for a bit of a learning curve as well. Totally will understand if it is simple though.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:56 am

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:The HP game looked great, so ATM I'm leaning towards that one.

Same here! It looks like there are 2 variations/boards with the Harry Potter theme... Im really interested in the game play...the boards look kind of simple in the pictures...
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:56 am

CollectorBadger wrote:A buddy of mine has a time slot to demo the games tomorrow at GenCon, I am curious to see what he says

Definitely let us know, Nick! I'll probably pick it up to play with my nephews if it is fairly easy to learn for them.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:01 am

My best friend went there and he managed to pick me up a game a shirt, I asked him how was it and he said “decent”. He’s also someone who plays a ton of board games so who knows what that means, I’ll see if he can tell me more about his thoughts when he’s not actually at the con.
ImageImageImage

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:23 am

cptsailor wrote:
Valde wrote:
Sarcasticguy wrote:

Ah, I see you are a man of taste with that Agricola comment! I'm hoping for a bit of a learning curve as well. Totally will understand if it is simple though.

Agricola is great, I own Caverna which is Agricola with caves. Both games are solid, but I prefer Caverna :).

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:35 am

ryusilva23 wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
Valde wrote:

Agricola is great, I own Caverna which is Agricola with caves. Both games are solid, but I prefer Caverna :).

I've seen Caverna, never played. I did like a simpler version of Agricola called Puerto Rico. Now I really want to bust out some board games!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:40 am

cptsailor wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

I've seen Caverna, never played. I did like a simpler version of Agricola called Puerto Rico. Now I really want to bust out some board games!

Another solid game, I also own Puerto Rico. There is a simpler version of that game as well, San Juan... basically Puerto Rico but it's a card game. Uwe Rosenberg made both Agricola and Caverna, one of the great board game creators!

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:48 pm

This definitely makes me wish I was going to Gen con, Though if I went to everyone con then I would never see the beach!

I have a couple of friends going that promised to tell me all about it. Then maybe I can get some games set up at the brewery by my house.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Cchavez77

Postby Cchavez77 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:55 pm

Has anyone gotten a chance to play this yet? In interest to buy just wish there were more opportunities to test it out.

If anyone has plays or get to play it some feedback would be much appreciated!
Funko Hollywood Grand opening
Funko Fundays 18-19
Sdcc 07-08, 18-19

DurtyDusty

Funkoverse Games

Postby DurtyDusty » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:26 pm

Has anyone played it yet?

Really curious on the gameplay/expansions.

Also- what are some other themes you could see working with this?
:wwe7: It’s Vader TIME

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:36 pm

I have went ahead and pre-ordered mine. I am trusting funko to not let me down with this game. If things come out that it is super terrible, I can always cancel pre-order. I do have the faith in Funko though.
Collecting since 2014

FlpnGino

Postby FlpnGino » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:44 pm

Agreed. Would like more info on Gameplay since we are able to pre-order now.

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:56 pm

Totally going to order the Harry Potter ones! I have always had an interest in the different table games but never knew anyone that was into them to learn from but I am totally making my other half play this one! And I have a friend that is into Golden Girls so she is interested in that set so will be starting a group!

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Re: Funkoverse Games

Postby Valde » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:20 pm

DurtyDusty wrote:Has anyone played it yet?

Really curious on the gameplay/expansions.

Also- what are some other themes you could see working with this?

There is for sure at least one expansion for the DC version, it includes new areas featuring Catwoman and Robin.
ImageImageImage

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:27 pm

NCDS wrote:This definitely makes me wish I was going to Gen con, Though if I went to everyone con then I would never see the beach!

I have a couple of friends going that promised to tell me all about it. Then maybe I can get some games set up at the brewery by my house.

I miss the old coffee place by my old house that use to have board games for customers to play. Honestly, a brewery sounds much better.
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

Moepops

Postby Moepops » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:20 pm

Hope we get a Star Wars themed soon. Might hold off until than. But probably not lol!!
Hi name is moe. Always willing to help a fellow collector. I'm funko_moepops on IG. :colors:
Funko funklub no.11782
Image Image

philipali

Postby philipali » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:15 pm

is there a walkthrough on how this game gets played? looking forward to it.... anyone have an idea how much this will be sold?
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

nogimmick

Postby nogimmick » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:45 pm

philipali wrote:is there a walkthrough on how this game gets played? looking forward to it.... anyone have an idea how much this will be sold?

look up geek and sundry on youtube, "dc funkoverse game the game"---it's like an hour long video but they play it in that video. there's also a how to play video they did that's like 6 minutes called "how to play DC funkoverse".
indigo tribe, nok :freddy2:

nogimmick

Postby nogimmick » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:47 pm

wouldn't mind getting those posters too, y'know?
indigo tribe, nok :freddy2:

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:44 am

o2thedbld5 wrote:I've started playing more board games as of late with a few other Funatics on here. Usually we do a weekly/bi-weekly thing on the weekends. I think one of us may end up picking up a version of the Funkoverse and try it out someday. After seeing the video on how to play this morning, it seems very cool with the Pops being the game's character pieces. Definitely looking forward to playing!

Something like this needs to get started in San Diego. If I ever get to meet up with other funatics that love board games in San Diego, I would love to have people over to our house one day.
Collecting since 2014

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:44 am

partner-in-crime wrote:
NCDS wrote:This definitely makes me wish I was going to Gen con, Though if I went to everyone con then I would never see the beach!

I miss the old coffee place by my old house that use to have board games for customers to play. Honestly, a brewery sounds much better.

Most we have to bring our own games but it's pretty awesome they let us stay for as long as we want.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

CollectorBadger

Postby CollectorBadger » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:09 am

Valde wrote:My best friend went there and he managed to pick me up a game a shirt, I asked him how was it and he said “decent”. He’s also someone who plays a ton of board games so who knows what that means, I’ll see if he can tell me more about his thoughts when he’s not actually at the con.

I assume that will be my board gamer friends response when he plays it today as well :roflmao:

Nick IG: collector.badger

Aggie2010

Postby Aggie2010 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:58 am

Cant wait for all the reviews to start trickling in!!!! Looks exciting

FlpnGino

Postby FlpnGino » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:39 pm

Gave in and pre-ordered on Target.com. Not a bad deal with the 5% discount if you use your redcard.
Last edited by FlpnGino on Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:55 pm

FlpnGino wrote:Gave in and pre-ordered on Target.com. Not a bad deal with the 5% cash back if you use your redcard.

lol, I did too 25.00 and some change isn’t too bad. Can’t wait to play it, but have to wait to October.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

jcowden5984

Postby jcowden5984 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:52 pm

Already got all the starters and add-ons preordered lol my wallet really does hate me right now

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:14 pm

jcowden5984 wrote:Already got all the starters and add-ons preordered lol my wallet really does hate me right now

I am in same boat. My wallet isn't happy with me. Just saw the video describing the game. It actually looks pretty cool and fun if you ask me. Its like a mix of clue and some of the newer games that use weebles and such.
Collecting since 2014

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:52 pm

CollectorBadger wrote:
Valde wrote:My best friend went there and he managed to pick me up a game a shirt, I asked him how was it and he said “decent”. He’s also someone who plays a ton of board games so who knows what that means, I’ll see if he can tell me more about his thoughts when he’s not actually at the con.

I assume that will be my board gamer friends response when he plays it today as well :roflmao:

Their brains just work differently, hardcore board gamers problem solve on a whole other level. So something that’s kind of a challenge for the average person is cake for someone who loves board games.
ImageImageImage

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:00 pm

I'll buy it just for the pops! they look smaller than regular pops but larger than pocket pops!
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:02 pm

supertoygiant wrote:I'll buy it just for the pops! they look smaller than regular pops but larger than pocket pops!

The one with four Pops only costs $40, so that's a decent price for OOB collectors. The DC ones are new molds it looks like, that alone it seems worth it.
ImageImageImage

TruffleShuffle

Postby TruffleShuffle » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:06 pm

CollectorBadger wrote:A buddy of mine has a time slot to demo the games tomorrow at GenCon, I am curious to see what he says

Please get the 411 for us. I'm actually very curious about how the Funko verse games will be. I wanna try out some new board games, and Funko definitely has me curious.
Name: Justin T.
Pops!: 697 - Dorbz: 12 - PSH: 25 - VYNL.: 6
ImageImageImageImageImage

FunkoNlove

Postby FunkoNlove » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:10 pm

Hopefully they make a Disney one! I still want to see what it's all about!

Return to “Other Funko Products”