Your display, the Funko way!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
TheStephil

Re: Your display, the Funko way!

Postby TheStephil » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:38 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
scullysdad wrote:
TheStephil wrote:Oh I like these shelves.
Do you recall what they are called? 16 pops is a good amount.

They are called Lack shelves. There are three sizes, and these are the ones I got:

https://m2.ikea.com/us/en/p/lack-wall-s ... -40103751/

I got the idea after seeing someone on Reddit use them to display their Amiibo. I love them.

looks like.someone is going to IKEA.

Can we add these to our list and see where they'd fit in the house? They are pretty long.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:40 am

scullysdad wrote:
TheStephil wrote:Oh I like these shelves.
Do you recall what they are called? 16 pops is a good amount.

They are called Lack shelves. There are three sizes, and these are the ones I got:

I got the idea after seeing someone on Reddit use them to display their Amiibo. I love them.

Thanks!
Hi, I’m Steph.

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:27 pm

lunarembrace wrote:It's a little dorky, but here is my The Office display so far! It sits behind me while I work from home next to my very own water cooler. Haha. I decided to give them little quotes either from the show or from their boxes on some 'sticky quips'! I'm happy with it until I run out of space. lol.

Where did you get the floating shelves?? They are very unique. Great display.
Hi!!! My name is Noah. Pop collector since 2016.
ImageImageImage

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:45 am

Minyinz610 wrote:

They are from Amazon. They are a little small, but decent for now. Only paid $15! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MRI9QJZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Melissa

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:48 am

TheStephil wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

Can we add these to our list and see where they'd fit in the house? They are pretty long.

This is how I used to display in my toy room, using the 74" LACK shelves. They make a ton of holes in the wall. =oP I switched to Billy bookshelves, though, and get more room out of them. Although the floating shelves did look nice for a while!

Melissa

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:55 am

lunarembrace wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

This is how I used to display in my toy room, using the 74" LACK shelves. They make a ton of holes in the wall. =oP I switched to Billy bookshelves, though, and get more room out of them. Although the floating shelves did look nice for a while!

Thanks for the visuals! Helps to see them being used for dispalys. We have a few Billy bookshelves but we tend to have a lot of wall space without floor space so wall mounted shelves work well.
Hi, I’m Steph.

anime23

Postby anime23 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:38 pm

Hirokus_bane wrote:
anime23 wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
Shelves from IKEA the lights from amazon. Amoxxon was the brand but there seem to be a lot of brands that are essentially the same thing. They were a bit of a pain to use with the 90s and connectors but eventually got it working.

Thanks! Right now I have these puck lights but the battery dies so quickly

Yeah those are hard. Some of those puck lights dont last long at all. If you can find ones with LEDs that usually drains slower but still going to burn through Batteries.

Thanks for the info
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:45 pm

lunarembrace wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:

They are from Amazon. They are a little small, but decent for now. Only paid $15! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MRI9QJZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you so much. I’m going to order these soon.
ImageImageImage

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:45 pm

lunarembrace wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:

Thank you so much. I’m going to order these soon.
ImageImageImage

MONSTER

Postby MONSTER » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:49 pm

lunarembrace wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

Billy Bookshelves work great. I used to display my Bowen Marvel busts on them way back when.

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:15 am

MONSTER wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Billy Bookshelves work great. I used to display my Bowen Marvel busts on them way back when.

That’s an amazing use of the Lack IKEA shelves. I agree that the Billy bookcases work well also. I’m a former IKEA employee and have many IKEA items used to display pops.
ImageImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:37 am

lunarembrace wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

I've been debating those Lack shelves for a bit, I don't really want a ton of holes in the wall though.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:44 am

digithor wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I've been debating those Lack shelves for a bit, I don't really want a ton of holes in the wall though.

we just added this "DVD" display in our livingroom. Still waiting on a few more venomized but it only took three holes. Also patching holes isnt too bad if the paint is white. Old apartments I would hang stuff them just buy a drywall patch nail and screw patch kit.

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:15 pm

lunarembrace wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

Love that Pop! poster!
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

FiguredRetro

Postby FiguredRetro » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:18 pm

With now approaching close to 800 pops, not to mention my dorbz among others, my IKEA mosslanda ledges have been my go-to display option. Now sure how else I could have displayed them where it looked good. I open everything, but keep the boxes.
:freddy1:
POPs: 1100
Dorbz: 26
Pint Size: 21
Funko's: 7
Soda: 2
Vinyl: 1

dee001

Postby dee001 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:30 pm

lunarembrace wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

Such an amazing collection. Love that doggy table too
*~*Diana*~* :pooh:

dee001

Postby dee001 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:32 pm

Hirokus_bane wrote:
we just added this "DVD" display in our livingroom. Still waiting on a few more venomized but it only took three holes. Also patching holes isnt too bad if the paint is white. Old apartments I would hang stuff them just buy a drywall patch nail and screw patch kit.

I just love that Deadpool on unicorn lol I thought those were minis at first :razz:
*~*Diana*~* :pooh:

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:21 pm

Hirokus_bane wrote:
digithor wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:

You did a great job. It looks fantastic. Needs more Deadpool though.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:01 am

dee001 wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

I just love that Deadpool on unicorn lol I thought those were minis at first :razz:

yeah the picture looks deceiving without something for perspective. They are all normal pops

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:05 am

TheStephil wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
digithor wrote:

You did a great job. It looks fantastic. Needs more Deadpool though.

don't you worry. Already added more to my list.

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:09 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
digithor wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:

Is that a heavy unit?
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

TomThoughts

Postby TomThoughts » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:27 am

lunarembrace wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:

Thank you, Minyinz for asking and thank you lunarembrace for replying! I've been looking for this sort of thing for a room remodel.
:freddy2:
Be EXCELLENT to each other.

popadik

Postby popadik » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:01 pm

lunarembrace wrote:

Love that Venomized Ghost Rider.

Was thinking about ordering one, might have to get that soon...

popadik

Postby popadik » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:04 pm

How do i add pictures?

Do i need to use a photo upload site or can i just download here from phone?

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:34 pm

TomThoughts wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:

Thank you, Minyinz for asking and thank you lunarembrace for replying! I've been looking for this sort of thing for a room remodel.

Of course, good luck with the room remodel. In the past I used IKEA shelves but I wanted to update my display. I still need to put my shelves back up after moving.
ImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:53 pm

popadik wrote:How do i add pictures?

Do i need to use a photo upload site or can i just download here from phone?

You’ll need a photo site. You can also use Instagram. The help forum has a few guidelines on different apps to use. I personally prefer to use Imgur app
Hi, I’m Steph.

MymyChan

Postby MymyChan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:58 am

lunarembrace wrote:It's a little dorky, but here is my The Office display so far! It sits behind me while I work from home next to my very own water cooler. Haha. I decided to give them little quotes either from the show or from their boxes on some 'sticky quips'! I'm happy with it until I run out of space. lol.

Very nice!
The sticky quotes are such a good idea! =D>
Hi there! I’m Myriam.
Collecting Funko since Xmas 2015
PopPriceGuide want list: https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/mem ... UWM5NEVS0/
Instagram: Themymster

MymyChan

Postby MymyChan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:03 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
digithor wrote:

Pretty cool new display! I really need to save enough to add a new Billy set of Shelves with doors so that I can have some more of my pops out of the boxes.
Hi there! I’m Myriam.

nspin

Postby nspin » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:30 am

i rearrange monthly so this is my current display
Nichole
pretending to know how to draw Pop!s since 2014
@nspin_ on instagram(also on twitter but I don’t recommend going there)
I love Tetris, Pokemon, Legends of Tomorrow, and Mang
Spider-man : Into the Spider-Verse is the best animated movie so far.
trying to get my postcount up for fundays.

mariog1497

Postby mariog1497 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:30 pm

Finally got my bat case set up with the led strips and finally put it on my wall. Love this way to display GITD pops!
Hey, I'm Mario! | Collector since 2015 | IG: @CoppedEmAll

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:09 pm

mariog1497 wrote:Finally got my bat case set up with the led strips and finally put it on my wall. Love this way to display GITD pops!

This is awesome!
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:10 pm

MymyChan wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
digithor wrote:

Pretty cool new display! I really need to save enough to add a new Billy set of Shelves with doors so that I can have some more of my pops out of the boxes.

The billy set with doors is nice but it still gets dusty in there due to it not being air tight. I still have to dust the pops in our Billy every few weeks.
Hi, I’m Steph.

MymyChan

Postby MymyChan » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:23 am

mariog1497 wrote:Finally got my bat case set up with the led strips and finally put it on my wall. Love this way to display GITD pops!

So nice! \:D/
I really like how you can really appreciate the glow effect
Hi there! I’m Myriam.

MymyChan

Postby MymyChan » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:28 am

TheStephil wrote:
MymyChan wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

The billy set with doors is nice but it still gets dusty in there due to it not being air tight. I still have to dust the pops in our Billy every few weeks.

I don't think I have had to dust mine yet, and they have been set up for quite a while. :-k
May be I was able to set the doors close enough to the shelf....
Hi there! I’m Myriam.

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:43 am

MymyChan wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
MymyChan wrote:

I don't think I have had to dust mine yet, and they have been set up for quite a while. :-k

the Billy set is good. I think our dust problem is increased due to our dogs.

The only thing I don't love about the Billy shelf is the top and bottom shelf end up being shorter then the rest. Bigger problem on the bottom. But that's just me.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:05 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
MymyChan wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

the Billy set is good. I think our dust problem is increased due to our dogs.

The only thing I don't love about the Billy shelf is the top and bottom shelf end up being shorter then the rest. Bigger problem on the bottom. But that's just me.

Yeah, the dogs increase the dust/pet dander sooo much. Maybe we should shave them.
I do dislike the smaller top and bottom shelves. i wish they were all uniform.
Hi, I’m Steph.

spidex

Postby spidex » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:28 am

Nice display with the lights!! LIT!!
ImageImage
ImageImage

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wHy mE woRRy? :spiderman:
IG: www.instagram.com/spidexy

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:29 am

nspin wrote:Image

Oh my goodness, this is absolutely amazing. I seriously love Flash and Reverse-Flash. Great OOB display! Makes me want to take all of mine out now lol
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:30 am

This is awesome!! GitD pops belong together like this :) Best way to show them off. They can all shine together!
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

nspin

Postby nspin » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:27 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
nspin wrote:Image

Oh my goodness, this is absolutely amazing. I seriously love Flash and Reverse-Flash. Great OOB display! Makes me want to take all of mine out now lol

Thanks! Do it! let ‘em out of the box!
Nichole
pretending to know how to draw Pop!s since 2014
@nspin_ on instagram(also on twitter but I don’t recommend going there)
I love Tetris, Pokemon, Legends of Tomorrow, and Mang
Spider-man : Into the Spider-Verse is the best animated movie so far.
trying to get my postcount up for fundays.

Return to “Pop!”