Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
post31

Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Pops

Postby post31 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:27 pm

91shawny wrote:
post31 wrote:I like it. Good story. Though I did like goblin slayer a little more. Still though I do recommend watching it and I believe they would make for pretty cool pops.

I loved Goblin Slayer as well. Although I feel like comparing it to Kimetsu is like apples to oranges in a way. They are great in their own lanes.

I agree apples and oranges. Both shows are excellent for their own thing. For instance I like the demon slayers story. It’s really good and super interesting but I liked the goblin slayers characters more. Though as stated both are excellent shows.
SDCC 1998 - current
Fundays 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Pop Rangers, Killer Crowns, Lumberjacks
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021

funkopants777

Postby funkopants777 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:31 pm

hailmary25 wrote:Alright episode 1 here we go! So many anime so little time.

Yesss. One of us! One of us!!!

Lol jk let me know what you think of it!

3 more days till episode 21 :O
ImageImageImage

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:25 pm

Have to admit that I have never heard of this show, but after reading all the good reviews I’m very interested. Now to find time to watch. My watch list is out of control. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Typale

Postby Typale » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:21 pm

TheStephil wrote:
91shawny wrote:
FunkoLoco wrote:i have too much anime pops already but i need pops of these! haha

Never is there too many anime pops lol

Never too many anime pops. There are always more room for anime pops.

agreed! Never too many!
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:34 pm

91shawny wrote:I mean if you haven't heard or watched this summer's hot new anime Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, then what are you doing!? Go now!

With that being said, last week's episode broke the internet and was trending on twitter, so the potential should be there for the pops?

For a starting four, its pretty obvious to go with Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Nezuko, and Inosuke (boar head)

I've been hearing a lot of chatter about this anime. It peaked my interest and I'm going to go check it out.
IG: chasingvynl
Hello my name is Ken!
Pop Count: Too much
Main Line: GOT, WD, Disney, Simpsons, DBZ/DBS, Anime, Naruto
SDCC 17, SDCC 18, SDCC 19, ECCC 18, CRX 19, SDCC 22
ISO: Anime protos

Image Image

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:35 pm

lavery01 wrote:Have to admit that I have never heard of this show, but after reading all the good reviews I’m very interested. Now to find time to watch. My watch list is out of control. lol

I'm pretty much on the same boat. I'll watch it one I get some free time.
IG: chasingvynl
Hello my name is Ken!
Pop Count: Too much
Main Line: GOT, WD, Disney, Simpsons, DBZ/DBS, Anime, Naruto
SDCC 17, SDCC 18, SDCC 19, ECCC 18, CRX 19, SDCC 22
ISO: Anime protos

Image Image

katersatz

Postby katersatz » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:58 pm

TheStephil wrote:
katersatz wrote:I'm afraid to watch...to like...to love. I can't afford another line to collect (if/when they do make them)...

Is it worth it? Should I just be brave? The curse of the collector! Enjoyment of story is now tied to the fear of accumulation! :eek: lol ;-)

Completely worth it! great story, compelling characters and pretty animation.

Sold! And probably one day paying for it... \:D/ ;-)
"Everyone's a fan of...too many things."

Image ImageImage Image

Pogiboy67

Postby Pogiboy67 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:19 am

yasss finally a thread... top anime out.. I also like watching VINLAND saga as well...
:freddy2: POGIBOY67

ImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:42 am

katersatz wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
katersatz wrote:I'm afraid to watch...to like...to love. I can't afford another line to collect (if/when they do make them)...

Is it worth it? Should I just be brave? The curse of the collector! Enjoyment of story is now tied to the fear of accumulation! :eek: lol ;-)

My theory is know about it before any pops drop so I don't have to pay reseller prices later on.
Hi, I’m Steph.

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:47 am

TheStephil wrote:
katersatz wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

My theory is know about it before any pops drop so I don't have to pay reseller prices later on.

Lol, not sure how reliable that would be considering the abundance of anime series out there. Even if you knew about all of them, unless you watched them... would that be enough for you to buy the figures?

katersatz

Postby katersatz » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:30 am

TheStephil wrote:
katersatz wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Ah, yes...excellent! Basically a savings plan! =D> lol

It is true that if I had been watching My Hero Academia a bit sooner, I would have a few (currently) out-of-reach figures in my collection... :-k

Image ImageImage Image

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:05 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
katersatz wrote:

Lol, not sure how reliable that would be considering the abundance of anime series out there. Even if you knew about all of them, unless you watched them... would that be enough for you to buy the figures?

Well typically Funko announces a new line ahead of time with a few weeks to months before the line starts showing up in stores. My theory is to watch the anime at that time and see if i like it. If I don't like the series then there is no reason to get the pops but if I do like the series, there is a high probability I'll want the pops. There are a decent amount of anime pops but most are from existing lines and they don't release new lines very often, in my opinion.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:06 pm

katersatz wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
katersatz wrote:

Ah, yes...excellent! Basically a savings plan! =D> lol

It is true that if I had been watching My Hero Academia a bit sooner, I would have a few (currently) out-of-reach figures in my collection... :-k

Totally agree! I started MHA a bit too late and now I am going to have to pay for it with Tenya and GITD All Might. They are worth it to me though so it's fine but think of all the money i could have saved.
Hi, I’m Steph.

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:45 pm

TheStephil wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Well typically Funko announces a new line ahead of time with a few weeks to months before the line starts showing up in stores. My theory is to watch the anime at that time and see if i like it. If I don't like the series then there is no reason to get the pops but if I do like the series, there is a high probability I'll want the pops. There are a decent amount of anime pops but most are from existing lines and they don't release new lines very often, in my opinion.

Very good point!

Ruen97

Postby Ruen97 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:30 pm

Might as well use our time on earth for something good lol
Mr. Freeze and Pop Collector
Collector: Since 2012
Full Sets: BVS/BTAS/Gotham/Impopsters/Carebears
Located: SCLA
:dkjoker1:

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:02 pm

Ruen97 wrote:

Might as well use our time on earth for something good lol

Agreed

So I have watched the first 3-4 episodes and love the Anime style, read a bunch of the Manga at work but guess they noticed cause all manga sites are now blocked ugh.

Digging it and yes already want pops.

TheStephil wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I have done this with Shows and anime before. Evangelion and RWBY come to mind.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Nobody888

Postby Nobody888 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:44 pm

i'm enjoying the series so far. can't wait to see some of these pops made.

katersatz

Postby katersatz » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:16 pm

Two episodes so far...and I'm in! Always appreciate a character with a good nose... =D>

Image ImageImage Image

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:26 pm

91shawny wrote:I mean if you haven't heard or watched this summer's hot new anime Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, then what are you doing!? Go now!

With that being said, last week's episode broke the internet and was trending on twitter, so the potential should be there for the pops?

For a starting four, its pretty obvious to go with Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Nezuko, and Inosuke (boar head)

Duuuuude. I just started. My buddies have been urging us to watch it. I'm only on ep3. Hopefully I can watch more this weekend :P
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:20 pm

I'm tempted to check this out, but if I get drawn in where am I going to find that extra time to continue to watch it.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:31 pm

dork_knight wrote:

Duuuuude. I just started. My buddies have been urging us to watch it. I'm only on ep3. Hopefully I can watch more this weekend :P

Hopefully you get caught up by the season finale! You have 6 weeks!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:32 pm

digithor wrote:I'm tempted to check this out, but if I get drawn in where am I going to find that extra time to continue to watch it.

Well worth it! Set aside 20 minutes a day and you'll be caught up by the end of September:)
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:45 am

Nice! Glad this thread exists. Majority of my posts in the anime thread have been about Demon Slayer lately.
Anyone in here read the manga? No spoilers please! Just wondering :)
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

Serlent

Postby Serlent » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:14 am

is soooo good
i hope funko makes this
Image Image

FireFist

Postby FireFist » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:57 pm

TheStephil wrote:

I'd love to see how they design Inosuke in pop form.
That is a good starting line and if they did well I'd love to see them branch out into a few of the other Demon Slayers like miss Butterfly girl and Tanjiro's mentor. I'd also like to see some of the demons since most of them have unique designs.

I was thinking maybe they can make itwhere he is wearing the boar mask,but the mask is also removable so you can see his face as well.
    Image Image
Iso:One Piece and Yugioh Protos
Instagram:@stardust.singh

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:28 pm

FireFist wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

That is a good starting line and if they did well I'd love to see them branch out into a few of the other Demon Slayers like miss Butterfly girl and Tanjiro's mentor. I'd also like to see some of the demons since most of them have unique designs.

I was thinking maybe they can make itwhere he is wearing the boar mask,but the mask is also removable so you can see his face as well.

That’d be really cool feature. I’d love to see that.
Hi, I’m Steph.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:17 pm

I was told that this show is a must see. After i plow through shield hero im going to pull it up
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:55 pm

cptsailor wrote:
digithor wrote:I'm tempted to check this out, but if I get drawn in where am I going to find that extra time to continue to watch it.

Well worth it! Set aside 20 minutes a day and you'll be caught up by the end of September:)

20 minutes? That could be doable then.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:44 am

PopPChulo wrote:

I was told that this show is a must see. After i plow through shield hero im going to pull it up

Shield hero was really good. I can’t wait for more of that series. You’ll definitely like this one too
Hi, I’m Steph.

funkopants777

Postby funkopants777 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:20 am

Super happy to see people coming to this thread!

Just finished this weeks (Ep 21)
My thoughts:
Spoiler: show
I don’t really care for rui..lol sorry

butt!! I really appreciate tanjiro as a person who feels empathy after most of his battles :love2:

I’m SO in love with the butterfly slayer!
Lol overall nice wrapped up to the forest journey. Left us on a cliffhanger tho!!
ImageImageImage

funkolovers92

Postby funkolovers92 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:38 am

The show looks cool, gonna check it out soon ^^

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:41 am

funkopants777 wrote:Super happy to see people coming to this thread!

My thoughts:

butt!! I really appreciate tanjiro as a person who feels empathy after most of his battles :love2:

Lol overall nice wrapped up to the forest journey. Left us on a cliffhanger tho!!

My response to Episode 21
I I felt sympathy for Rui but if Nezuko and the doctor demon can control their human eating urges, then he could have too. So I feel bad that he went through what he went through but that doesn't give him any excuses to do what he did.

I love that Tanjiro still has empathy and hasn't allowed the death of his family to turn him completely to vengeance. He's a great character.

Giyu Tomioka is still super cool in my book and I want to see more of him. Butterfly girl seems to be creepy and I think she has something up with her but I want to see more.

I don't know if they said how long it had been since the beginning of the anime and I just missed it but hearing Giyu remember Tanjiro and Nezuko from 2 years ago surprised me. I know Tanjiro's training lasted awhile but I was thinking closer to a year.

Looking forward to what happens next episode and how Nezuko gets out of it.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:14 am

I posted in the anime thread but maybe you guys will appreciate it more.

After episode 21
I REALLY REALLY want a
Small derp running Nezuko lol AND that crew at the end of the episode look BADASS
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:18 am

this show omg

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:44 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:I posted in the anime thread but maybe you guys will appreciate it more.

After episode 21
I REALLY REALLY want a
Small derp running Nezuko lol AND that crew at the end of the episode look BADASS

my question for you is if they make that pop. Should it have a bobblehead? I think her character alone already has some great pop variants.

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:47 am

TheStephil wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Shield hero was really good. I can’t wait for more of that series. You’ll definitely like this one too

its bee. A good summer for anime. Shield hero, demon slayer, dr stone. Now we just need some pops for these.

Honestly really liking demon slayer. Havent even had to convince the wife to watch them. She keeps checking to see if the new episode is out yet. It's great.

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:57 am

ryusilva23 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:

Very good point!

I agree with this wholeheartedly, perfect example was like this:
https://www.funko.com/blog/article/comi ... -end-pop-s

I had no idea what seraph of the end was until I looked it up and it was from the same creators of attack on titan as the storyline was different except with vampires. Not sure if many would enjoy but I personally did and as a rule of thumb, I got the exclusives first and then I got the commons
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 1530 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:58 am

TheStephil wrote:
FireFist wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

That’d be really cool feature. I’d love to see that.

I think it would be a first full on pull of mask

ImageImageImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:21 am

TheStephil wrote:
funkopants777 wrote:Super happy to see people coming to this thread!

My thoughts:

My response to Episode 21
I I felt sympathy for Rui but if Nezuko and the doctor demon can control their human eating urges, then he could have too. So I feel bad that he went through what he went through but that doesn't give him any excuses to do what he did.

I love that Tanjiro still has empathy and hasn't allowed the death of his family to turn him completely to vengeance. He's a great character.

Giyu Tomioka is still super cool in my book and I want to see more of him. Butterfly girl seems to be creepy and I think she has something up with her but I want to see more.

I don't know if they said how long it had been since the beginning of the anime and I just missed it but hearing Giyu remember Tanjiro and Nezuko from 2 years ago surprised me. I know Tanjiro's training lasted awhile but I was thinking closer to a year.

Looking forward to what happens next episode and how Nezuko gets out of it.

So in regards to Rui, I don't think as a child being turned into a demon and not having any guidance, I highly doubt he would be able to control his eating urges. The doctor demon was already older and probably had more handle on the situation and nezuko had tanjiro and his master and Giyu. Not that it's an excuse for him, but I do sympathize with him and all the other demons. But its like all evil baddies, they never truly start as evil, just circumstances that were beyond their control made them that way.

I really want to see more of the Giyu and Tanjiro communication. I feel like aside from being senpai, he's like an older brother to Tanjiro and wants to see him exceed, so much that he sent him to his master to train him. Also, I want Giyu to be the one to explain how to excel past the 10 forms.

They did mention in the beginning that it was about 2 years and change when he was training, which is why I loved the show because the time skip made sense and actually showed the training to get Tanjiro where he is today.

The next episode is going to be so dope because you get to meet the Hashiras and it looks like they will touch on how Tanjiro carrying a demon around will affect the corps. I wanna how the master feels about everything.

ImageImageImageImage

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:22 am

91shawny wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Very good point!

I agree with this wholeheartedly, perfect example was like this:
https://www.funko.com/blog/article/comi ... -end-pop-s

I had no idea what seraph of the end was until I looked it up and it was from the same creators of attack on titan as the storyline was different except with vampires. Not sure if many would enjoy but I personally did and as a rule of thumb, I got the exclusives first and then I got the commons

With anime pops, it's almost a rule of thumb not to ignore the commons. The "i'll get it later" approach will come back to bite your wallet lol. That's what happened to me with Tenya from MHA and Spike from Cowboy Bebop.

Return to “Pop!”