What draws you to the Spastik?

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
cptsailor

Re: What draws you to the Spastik?

Postby cptsailor » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:45 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
cptsailor wrote:Spastiks/Fatastiks just have incredible detail and some can be unsettling, which I absolutely love!

They just got that COOL factor :glasses7:

Got that right *finger guns*
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

ppfrnndz

Postby ppfrnndz » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:40 am

This one right here! One of the coolest by far!

I ❤️ Movies / Wedding Photographer / I Shoot Weddings / Beer Person / Congee Lover / Toy Collector / PS4 Enthusiast / Potterhead / NBA Fan

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:41 pm

Bumping this to see if anyone caught the bug after Fundays

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:42 pm

Just love the original art form that is character creation. I love how the original character designs were heavily inspired by Ed Roth and other more underground artists. Also, I love Funko so these original pieces of Funko history just grab me. The character designs are so cool. The OG Funko characters that were released as wobblers are also amazing (Surf Dude, Johnny Fang, etc.).
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:37 pm

They are very photogenic, so easy to take cool pictures of them.
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:09 pm

pberickp wrote:Just love the original art form that is character creation. I love how the original character designs were heavily inspired by Ed Roth and other more underground artists. Also, I love Funko so these original pieces of Funko history just grab me. The character designs are so cool. The OG Funko characters that were released as wobblers are also amazing (Surf Dude, Johnny Fang, etc.).

Very good answer!

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:21 pm

I don't have a complete collection, so for me it's the ones that catch my eye. Gill is one of my favorites, he reminds me of old classic horror films. I couldn't get wolfgang because I knew that bowling ball was a poor choice. Plastic ball and the design was on the outside so if you actually bowled with it the design scratched off. The one with the skull inside was cool though, not really a better ball but skull was inside so bowling with it didn't impact the skull.

Basically, I have no real logic to how I pick.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

oobcollector

Postby oobcollector » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:33 pm

I don't have the complete line, but I just love the designs of it! It's very unique and its just so fun to look at. I only have 3 OG spastiks (Monkey Assassin) but the Pops, i almost have all the regular ones. I don't get the recolored ones though. I just get the spastiks in their original colors.

CoolNerd

Postby CoolNerd » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:36 pm

For me... Its unique..
Just a collector who loves Funko!!

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:42 pm

NCDS wrote:I don't have a complete collection, so for me it's the ones that catch my eye. Gill is one of my favorites, he reminds me of old classic horror films. I couldn't get wolfgang because I knew that bowling ball was a poor choice. Plastic ball and the design was on the outside so if you actually bowled with it the design scratched off. The one with the skull inside was cool though, not really a better ball but skull was inside so bowling with it didn't impact the skull.

Basically, I have no real logic to how I pick.

Gill is one of my faves as well. Love all of the ocean related. Pulpo, Fin du Chomp, and Shocka Rocka since he surfs.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
ImageImage

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:51 pm

oobcollector wrote:I don't have the complete line, but I just love the designs of it! It's very unique and its just so fun to look at. I only have 3 OG spastiks (Monkey Assassin) but the Pops, i almost have all the regular ones. I don't get the recolored ones though. I just get the spastiks in their original colors.

I know what you mean. At first I wanted to just get the originals that matched the pics on the boxes. Recently though as I’ve been buying more OG Spastik Plastik figures, I want to complete the POP!’s (except the FDO chases). I know it will take time, effort, and a lot of money, but that’s what makes collecting fun for me. Definitely understand wanting to limit it to just one of each though, especially if you’re collecting other lines.
ImageImage

oobcollector

Postby oobcollector » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:00 am

pberickp wrote:
oobcollector wrote:I don't have the complete line, but I just love the designs of it! It's very unique and its just so fun to look at. I only have 3 OG spastiks (Monkey Assassin) but the Pops, i almost have all the regular ones. I don't get the recolored ones though. I just get the spastiks in their original colors.

I know what you mean. At first I wanted to just get the originals that matched the pics on the boxes. Recently though as I’ve been buying more OG Spastik Plastik figures, I want to complete the POP!’s (except the FDO chases). I know it will take time, effort, and a lot of money, but that’s what makes collecting fun for me. Definitely understand wanting to limit it to just one of each though, especially if you’re collecting other lines.

Some of the Spastiks are quite a bit expensive too though.... for me at least, i need to pace myself. lol but there are some that i really like the colors of the variant.

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:50 am

oobcollector wrote:
pberickp wrote:

Some of the Spastiks are quite a bit expensive too though.... for me at least, i need to pace myself. lol but there are some that i really like the colors of the variant.

Definitely need to pace myself. I figure it will take a long time, but it wil be so satisfying when I finally get that last piece.
ImageImage

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:40 pm

pberickp wrote:
oobcollector wrote:
pberickp wrote:

Definitely need to pace myself. I figure it will take a long time, but it wil be so satisfying when I finally get that last piece.

Absolutely, some are expensive aswell and low number pieces having found their forever homes already.

WildberryPOPtarts33

Postby WildberryPOPtarts33 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:56 am

Funko has so many licenses and we just get inundated with characters from all over the place. Having their own little characters is a refreshing change from that I feel like, and they embody the spirit that Funko carries itself with. The more I have collected and the more I have grown to love Funko, the more I have been drawn to things that are Funko, and not as much things that are done by Funko.
My name is Morgan. Former admin at KY Funko League of Awesomeness, collector of all things Spider-Gwen, Wonder Woman, and anime.
ISO Asuna proto
@superfunkobros

Funklub #13467 :freddy4:

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:47 pm

Biggest draw for me with this line - is the creativity and originality of the Funko design team. Basically - you can just use your imagination to create a character that you really like. :D
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:18 pm

We got any new spastik fans in here since Fundays?

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:27 am

I'm bumping this bad boy up

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:41 pm

I think what draws me in is the kooky designs and the uniqueness of each character. They're all so unique and special, but somehow still fit so perfectly with each other like one big family. There's just something special about each character that makes me want to snatch one up and add them to the ever expanding lineup. My love for Funko of course plays a part in my love for Spastiks as each one to me is a part of Funko's history. Knowing that they were created in-house by someone on the art team at Funko is another draw.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Rocketeer protos and the Slimer Soda proto!

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:17 pm

BRiley0216 wrote:So of all the things in the world you chose to be interested in Spastiks, but why? For me i love how they are a trademark of a certain era of Funko. I feel they're are fewer and fewer spastik collectors every year but i dont see myself stopping anytime soon.

I really like the originality of the pieces and the thought and detail they add. This line’s variants and different characters are endless. I also really like some of the original pieces that funatics created for the contest last year.
Hi!!! My name is Noah. Pop collector since 2016.
ImageImageImage

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:45 pm

I think this line truly brings the “Fun” to Funko. The originality and uniqueness each character brings to the table is fantastic! I also love that this line is incredibly colorful and fun to take pictures of.

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:45 pm

Love reading the responses in this thread. Spastiks truly embody everything g that’s great about Funko. Love the og figures as they make me feel like I’m holding a piece of history. Added a ton of new pieces over the last month cant Wait to share some pics when stuff settles down after the holidays.
ImageImage

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:57 pm

Kal-El-051 wrote:I think this line truly brings the “Fun” to Funko. The originality and uniqueness each character brings to the table is fantastic! I also love that this line is incredibly colorful and fun to take pictures of.

Old school cool look and feel for sure :headbang:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:25 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:I think this line truly brings the “Fun” to Funko. The originality and uniqueness each character brings to the table is fantastic! I also love that this line is incredibly colorful and fun to take pictures of.

Old school cool look and feel for sure :headbang:

Definitely! It doesn’t get any better than this. Don’t let those people who complain every time there is a new drop on the shop fool ya!

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:31 pm

I’m starting to really appreciate the old Spastik Figures in the tunes. The original characters looks amazing and I love the detail. I also like them because they are a great addition to pop collections just like the wacky wobblers.
Hi!!! My name is Noah. Pop collector since 2016.
ImageImageImage

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:58 pm

The uniqueness of the characters, and the love for the company. There are many people who buy a pop every now and then, but don't seek to understand the history or meaning of this wonderful company. To collect or like Spastiks is to be a lover of Funko, in my opinion.
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:33 pm

Glad to see some more life in this thread!

Jortega321

Postby Jortega321 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:11 pm

Love this line. We need more of the old wobbler characters made into Pop form!
2013 NYCC
2014 1st Pop at NYCC
2014 NYCC
2015 NYCC
2016 NYCC
2017 NYCC
2018 NYCC
2018 1st Proto at NYCC Fugitive Party
2019 NY Toy Fair
2019 NYCC
2021 NYCC
2022 SMF1, SMF2 and SMF Soda
2022 NYCC
2022 Fright Night II

http://www.instagram.com/jersey_jorge

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:06 pm

Jortega321 wrote:Love this line. We need more of the old wobbler characters made into Pop form!

Agreed

Return to “Vinyl”