Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).

What's Next

Star Wars
33%
Pez
33%
Figures With Hats
19%
Music
15%

Total votes: 160

Boymom4

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby Boymom4 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:57 pm

Scotty wrote:Hmm. I'm actually here on a Wednesday and don't see anything new. How about posting a picture of that random Wobbler or two you have sitting close by--on your desk at work or home or maybe on an end table--just sitting there to make you smile.

This is a corner of my desk in my den. I had an extra metalic blue Huck and knew exactly where he belonged. He's standing on a base (non-Funko made if I remember correctly) that when you turn it on, the disk he's on shifts from side to side causing Huck to wobble =D> He shares the space with a prototype that never made it to market -- Lucky Dog -- one of the Scotty Cameron Scottish Terriers that Funko designed but ultimately were turned down by the customer (Titleist? - Kevin will know much more - here's a link to a thread on the board many years ago that talks about it a little if you're interested)
https://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?t=34481

I'm a little late to join in the fun since it's now Friday, but love seeing everyone's amazing wobblers. The blue metallic Huckleberry hound is amazing and definitely interesting to see that Lucky Dog.

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby kevinbuddha » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:30 pm

Thanks for sharing the pictures Scotty! Those are rare pieces indeed! It is a crying shame that Titleist passed on these Scotties. I only have a headless proto (I'll show the pic sometime) that I actually bought from a fellow Funatic.

Again, a CRYING SHAME they never went into production. I can only imagine that the boxes would have been spectacular too!
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:49 am

Just a couple of big-boned, Wacky Wednesday Wobblers :blob7:

COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Bat_Onix

Postby Bat_Onix » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:29 pm

Scotty wrote:Image
He shares the space with a prototype that never made it to market -- Lucky Dog -- one of the Scotty Cameron Scottish Terriers that Funko designed but ultimately were turned down by the customer (Titleist? - Kevin will know much more - here's a link to a thread on the board many years ago that talks about it a little if you're interested)
https://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?t=34481

I wish the customer could reconsider, and finally the doggies could came into production.

thejosh2010 wrote:Just a couple of big-boned, Wacky Wednesday Wobblers :blob7:

Lol how funny they look :D
Pops ig @PopsJournal :SW3: Personal ig @Bat_Onix

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:43 pm

Awesome...love Cartman!! :)

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:02 pm

Super Josh! Both are 1/8's and very rare and HTF. I never owned either, but I have loved South Park since it first aired.

Very nice Funko Josh!!

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:17 pm

Thank you guys and thanks again to my friend for helping me get a hold of these two big boys!

kevinbuddha wrote:

Super Josh! Both are 1/8's and very rare and HTF. I never owned either, but I have loved South Park since it first aired.

Very nice Funko Josh!!

Actually the Tuxedo is a 1 of 4 ;-) Fortunately both boxes are signed and numbered, so these have a cheat sheet on the bottoms lol
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:19 pm

Josh, you have some great stuff. I don't remember seeing those--unless FunkoFanJim had them in his museum when we there. Very nice!
Image Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM May 2014

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:44 pm

I was looking through some of my photos and this one caught my eye, so since it's Wednesday...

I don't display in box, but I sure love the way these looked before i took them out. These kind of Wobblers take you back to a different time ;-)

Image Image

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:52 pm

Scotty wrote:Josh, you have some great stuff. I don't remember seeing those--unless FunkoFanJim had them in his museum when we there. Very nice!

He definitely does have both as well!

Scotty wrote:I was looking through some of my photos and this one caught my eye, so since it's Wednesday...

I don't display in box, but I sure love the way these looked before i took them out. These kind of Wobblers take you back to a different time ;-)

Absolutely love that old school Wobbler look! Mr Softee is such a rad, retro character :headbang:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:05 pm

Love the old funko's you have Josh! Another thing I knew nothing about but gotta love South Park. Thanks for sharing.

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:07 pm

Did you guys know that a collector from the "olden days" called thattoyguy (Mike Paquin) was working on a 20" Mr. Softee that would have been like Freddy Funko in design. Would that not have been the coolest thing? The plans fell apart, but then again so many Funko plans fell apart. If you could only see Mike Becker's book of wobblers that were designed, but never made it to production...……………….you would poop. ;-)

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:08 pm

Scotty wrote:I was looking through some of my photos and this one caught my eye, so since it's Wednesday...

My son is sitting next to me as I am exploring and reading the posts. He said Daddy I want that! He thinks he can eat them. lol I see the TT sticker which usually means good luck but not to sure back in the day if that was the case. Thanks for sharing!

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:11 pm

Was able to get another space person to add to the collection. I don't know what it is or why but I love all the space globe people. Plus found 2 new Freddy's I just had to get.

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:19 pm

kevinbuddha wrote:Did you guys know that a collector from the "olden days" called thattoyguy (Mike Paquin) was working on a 20" Mr. Softee that would have been like Freddy Funko in design. Would that not have been the coolest thing? The plans fell apart, but then again so many Funko plans fell apart. If you could only see Mike Becker's book of wobblers that were designed, but never made it to production...……………….you would poop. ;-)

WHOA! I’ve never heard that but that is so cool and sad that it never materialized! Do you have Becker’s old book? Would love to see the images, even if they resulted in some slight deification lol
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:20 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:Was able to get another space person to add to the collection. I don't know what it is or why but I love all the space globe people. Plus found 2 new Freddy's I just had to get.

All sweet Freddy’s TJ! Love the Little Wobbler tides! So much fun!!
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:23 pm

kevinbuddha wrote:Did you guys know that a collector from the "olden days" called thattoyguy (Mike Paquin) was working on a 20" Mr. Softee that would have been like Freddy Funko in design. Would that not have been the coolest thing? The plans fell apart, but then again so many Funko plans fell apart. If you could only see Mike Becker's book of wobblers that were designed, but never made it to production...……………….you would poop. ;-)

That would be awesome. Id love to see everything they have ever considered or even tried to make. Maybe one day we will be able to get those pieces. Can always dream!

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:22 am

Loving the vintage vibe on this one, Scotty! Thanks for sharing.

Will definitely try to hunt this down as well. :)
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

Poncho Pete
HoF 2014 & CotY
HoF 2014 & CotY

Postby Poncho Pete » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:16 am

Fun to see this thread still in action.
Got Pixie Dust?

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:09 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:Was able to get another space person to add to the collection. I don't know what it is or why but I love all the space globe people. Plus found 2 new Freddy's I just had to get.

GREAT FREDDYS TJ!!!!!

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:27 pm

Poncho Pete wrote:Fun to see this thread still in action.

We are all bringing it back to life! Now we just need to convince Brian to start the wobblers again!

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:02 pm

TJ, very nice Freddy trio. I'm with you on the space-themed Wobblers. For me it speaks to the classic (aka "old") sci-fi nerd in me.
Image Image

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:48 pm

Scotty wrote:TJ, very nice Freddy trio. I'm with you on the space-themed Wobblers. For me it speaks to the classic (aka "old") sci-fi nerd in me.

I found the box that had both of those vehicles in them tonight and the one with the cannibal driver too. They also remind me of the nerdy space sci-fi vibe and the old school numbering editions that Funko would do for comic cons and fundays of "olden times".

ha ha that makes me sound so old :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:52 pm

kevinbuddha wrote:
Scotty wrote:TJ, very nice Freddy trio. I'm with you on the space-themed Wobblers. For me it speaks to the classic (aka "old") sci-fi nerd in me.

I found the box that had both of those vehicles in them tonight and the one with the cannibal driver too. They also remind me of the nerdy space sci-fi vibe and the old school numbering editions that Funko would do for comic cons and fundays of "olden times".

ha ha that makes me sound so old :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Haha must be the nerd on me coming out.

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:34 pm

Wobbler mail is always best opened on Wednesday’s \:D/

COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:05 pm

Very nice Maleficent, Josh. Funny, i never saw her out of the box. Pretty striking, isn't she. Wonder why she was so objectionable to having this piece produced.

So, If I try to stick to a theme of Wobbler prototypes that weren't produced, I have this to offer.

Okay, I know what you're thinking, Funko did produce a Sylvester Wobbler--and yes, they did. But this one is slightly different.

Image Image

Someone (and I was told it was someone at Funko) was attempting to make a talking Sylvester Wobbler. I have no idea what they wanted him to say, but I can only imagine, "sufferin' succotash" was at the top of the list. [And, no, sadly it does not work. :-/ I would have attempted to change the batteries, but the wires are cut. Maybe I'll perform surgery on it one day and try to solder the wires back. ]
Image Image

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:12 pm

Scotty wrote:.
Very nice Maleficent, Josh. Funny, i never saw her out of the box. Pretty striking, isn't she. Wonder why she was so objectionable to having this piece produced.

So, If I try to stick to a theme of Wobbler prototypes that weren't produced, I have this to offer.

Okay, I know what you're thinking, Funko did produce a Sylvester Wobbler--and yes, they did. But this one is slightly different.

Image Image

Someone (and I was told it was someone at Funko) was attempting to make a talking Sylvester Wobbler. I have no idea what they wanted him to say, but I can only imagine, "sufferin' succotash" was at the top of the list. [And, no, sadly it does not work. :-/ I would have attempted to change the batteries, but the wires are cut. Maybe I'll perform surgery on it one day and try to solder the wires back. ]

Thanks Scott!

Oh wow, that’s so cool!! Would love to see you get him to speaking! Such an amazing piece of history!!

Still hoping to obtain my first wax proto one day!! :bom:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:20 pm

Thanks Josh. This is actually not wax. It's a regular pre-production proto. The biggest tell is that it's not soft. I was also told by some other Funatics that the text on the bottom of the base indicated it wasn't wax. I have one wax proto and confirm that there's nothing on the bottom of that one.
Image Image

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:30 pm

Scotty wrote:Thanks Josh. This is actually not wax. It's a regular pre-production proto. The biggest tell is that it's not soft. I was also told by some other Funatics that the text on the bottom of the base indicated it wasn't wax. I have one wax proto and confirm that there's nothing on the bottom of that one.

Whoa, so interesting!! I never would’ve guessed a proto could look like that and not be wax :eek: Still very cool! I checked my Looney Tunes and all mine of the regular sized Wobblers are white, but I don’t have a Sylvester, so maybe there wasn’t a white version of him :-k
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:20 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:Wobbler mail is always best opened on Wednesday’s \:D/

Awesome Maleficent!

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:24 pm

Image Image

Sweet! I love all this history and crazy unique pieces everyone keeps coming up with. Very cool wobbler and I'd love to know what it says one day.

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:56 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
Scotty wrote:Thanks Josh. This is actually not wax. It's a regular pre-production proto. The biggest tell is that it's not soft. I was also told by some other Funatics that the text on the bottom of the base indicated it wasn't wax. I have one wax proto and confirm that there's nothing on the bottom of that one.

Whoa, so interesting!! I never would’ve guessed a proto could look like that and not be wax :eek: Still very cool! I checked my Looney Tunes and all mine of the regular sized Wobblers are white, but I don’t have a Sylvester, so maybe there wasn’t a white version of him :-k

When I got this, the original owner and I both thought it was wax too--sort of for the same reason as you, the color. Only after some other Funatics saw the pictures did we figure it out. It all worked out--i love this piece.
Image Image

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:17 am

Image Image

That is so cool Scotty! I have a piece like that around here too. They do look like wax though. I wish the talking Sylvester had been made!

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:44 pm

kevinbuddha wrote:

Image Image

That is so cool Scotty! I have a piece like that around here too. They do look like wax though. I wish the talking Sylvester had been made!

Correction..so apparently I missed updating this guy in my excel collection list! White Sylvester proto! Guess the green was just what was available during the design phase :drunken:

COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:35 pm

A great proto Josh. The white makes sense. The green doesn't since there is none of that color in the final Wobbler. Perhaps, like you said, it was what they had available. Maybe it was a special request by Funko for their attempt to make a talking Sylvester and the color didn't matter.

Kevin, you said you had something like this in your collection. Is it also Looney Tunes? Is it an off color like this one?
Image Image

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:56 pm

Scotty wrote:A great proto Josh. The white makes sense. The green doesn't since there is none of that color in the final Wobbler. Perhaps, like you said, it was what they had available. Maybe it was a special request by Funko for their attempt to make a talking Sylvester and the color didn't matter.

Kevin, you said you had something like this in your collection. Is it also Looney Tunes? Is it an off color like this one?

They are clear and both light up (as protos)

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:29 pm

kevinbuddha wrote:
Scotty wrote:A great proto Josh. The white makes sense. The green doesn't since there is none of that color in the final Wobbler. Perhaps, like you said, it was what they had available. Maybe it was a special request by Funko for their attempt to make a talking Sylvester and the color didn't matter.

They are clear and both light up (as protos)

I know of a couple clear or translucent examples, those being a Freighty sitter & a Robin Hood Daffy Duck :smt063
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:31 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
kevinbuddha wrote:

Image Image

Correction..so apparently I missed updating this guy in my excel collection list! White Sylvester proto! Guess the green was just what was available during the design phase :drunken:

Awesome proto Josh. I love it!

katersatz

Postby katersatz » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:37 pm

The Walking Fred! Amazing. =D>

All those Freddys are great...long live Freddy Funko!
"Everyone's a fan of...too many things."

Image ImageImage Image

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:08 pm

Well, here it is--another Wobbler Wednesday and no new post. Hmm.

Well, about 6 years ago I had a great week of Freddy acquisitions and put together a week-long Freddy-themed dance. It took a lot of work, so for Wobbler Wednesday, I present a rehash of Freddy TV.
[NOTE: unfortunately, a couple of pictures were deleted in my flickr account so a couple are missing #-o ]

Orginal post started on: Jan 28, 2013.

Been a little busy over the last month. Decided I should take a break and watch some TV. Thought I'd share my downtime this week with my fellow Funatics. You ready for a week with Freddy?

Let's see what's on tonight. Looks like that Munsters and Addam's Family knock off.

[ :blush: Deleted picture; It was a classic looking tv; I think the background was the Munster mansion and it had the two Freddys pasted in there.]

Love the Freddys

ImageImage

Tune in tomorrow to see a new episode. :cheers:

So, is it too early to see what's on TV tonight. I believe it's a special episode of Land of the Lost, the one where Freddy Stark circles the earth (counterclockwise) at a high rate of speed and finds himself thrown back in time, where he encounters one of his ancient ancestors, Sleestak Freddy. What a coincidence.

See ya tomorrow, same bat time, same bat channel. #-o Only if there WAS a Bat Freddy.

Oh good, one of my all time favorites...

Faster than a metallic Chase Flash, more powerful than a Hulk Wobbler, able to leap 20 inch Funko banks in a single bound. Look, up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Super Freddy. Strange visitor from a vinyl planet, who came to earth with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men, Super Freddy, who can change the colors of mighty protos, bend vinyl in his bare hands, and who disguised as Fred Kent, mild mannered toy maker for a great metropolitan toy store, fights a never-ending battle for truth, fun, and the Funatic way. And now, another exciting episode of the Adventures of Super Freddy.

Well, it's that time again. Kind of feel like watching a movie tonight.

Oh, first a commercial...

[ :blush: Deleted picture: this one was the Freddy poster from Wild Bills that said, "Freddy Wants You" and I pasted in the Uncle Freddy wobbler.]

Hmm, already did my time. Time for some youngsters to step up.

Ah, here we go, one of my favorites, Bond, Frederick Bond. And this is a classic...Gold Suit Freddy with the Gold Finger. Wish I had some pop corn. Geez, Gold Suit suffocated that poor girl by dipping her in gold paint. Why do they both look so happy? :-k

Tune in tomorrow for our last episode.

Well, tonight is the last night of the weekday of TV with Freddy. Wonder what I should watch tonight. Let's see what's on TV Land. Okay, the Brady Bunch. I like this episode. This is the one where Alice is mad at her boyfriend, Sam the butcher, so Jan and Cindy go to the grocer down the street and try to hook Alice up with Freddy the Grocer. Ah, good times, good times.

And here he is...I am so EXCITED to have this Freddy...40-inch Shopping Cart Freddy. I put a regular Freddy next to him so some of the new Funatics could get an idea of the scale of this guy. He's a monster.

Well, I hope you enjoyed hanging with Freddy this week, here's the entire gang of new additions...
Image Image

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”