Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
r2.ha

Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Pops

Postby r2.ha » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:07 am

This anime is so good! Hopefully Funko will get the licensing for it!
Hi the name's Rey

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:02 am

I gotta see this new anime!

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:18 am

rexflexall wrote:I gotta see this new anime!

Yeah you do! Hahaha! Plenty of time to catch up before the finale.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

katersatz

Postby katersatz » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:45 am

Ten episodes in...I love it, I really do. I'm already eying up some Banpresto statues of Nezuko...so, Funko? Ya, I'll be there... #-o =D>
"Everyone's a fan of...too many things."

Image ImageImage Image

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:35 pm

I recently started this anime and I'm trying my best not to binge it all. Great show and I think the pops would be fantastic.

Tanjiro common and Tanjiro with cat mask chase!
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:49 pm

theoneupper02 wrote:I recently started this anime and I'm trying my best not to binge it all. Great show and I think the pops would be fantastic.

Tanjiro common and Tanjiro with cat mask chase!

Not cat, Fox. All of Urokodaki's disciples wore fox masks.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:40 pm

91shawny wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
funkopants777 wrote:Super happy to see people coming to this thread!

Just finished this weeks (Ep 21)
My thoughts:
Spoiler: show
I don’t really care for rui..lol sorry

butt!! I really appreciate tanjiro as a person who feels empathy after most of his battles :love2:

I’m SO in love with the butterfly slayer!
Lol overall nice wrapped up to the forest journey. Left us on a cliffhanger tho!!

My response to Episode 21
I I felt sympathy for Rui but if Nezuko and the doctor demon can control their human eating urges, then he could have too. So I feel bad that he went through what he went through but that doesn't give him any excuses to do what he did.

I love that Tanjiro still has empathy and hasn't allowed the death of his family to turn him completely to vengeance. He's a great character.

Giyu Tomioka is still super cool in my book and I want to see more of him. Butterfly girl seems to be creepy and I think she has something up with her but I want to see more.

I don't know if they said how long it had been since the beginning of the anime and I just missed it but hearing Giyu remember Tanjiro and Nezuko from 2 years ago surprised me. I know Tanjiro's training lasted awhile but I was thinking closer to a year.

Looking forward to what happens next episode and how Nezuko gets out of it.

So in regards to Rui, I don't think as a child being turned into a demon and not having any guidance, I highly doubt he would be able to control his eating urges. The doctor demon was already older and probably had more handle on the situation and nezuko had tanjiro and his master and Giyu. Not that it's an excuse for him, but I do sympathize with him and all the other demons. But its like all evil baddies, they never truly start as evil, just circumstances that were beyond their control made them that way.

I really want to see more of the Giyu and Tanjiro communication. I feel like aside from being senpai, he's like an older brother to Tanjiro and wants to see him exceed, so much that he sent him to his master to train him. Also, I want Giyu to be the one to explain how to excel past the 10 forms.

They did mention in the beginning that it was about 2 years and change when he was training, which is why I loved the show because the time skip made sense and actually showed the training to get Tanjiro where he is today.

The next episode is going to be so dope because you get to meet the Hashiras and it looks like they will touch on how Tanjiro carrying a demon around will affect the corps. I wanna how the master feels about everything.

Fair point on Rui. I am being a bit too hard on him. His circumstances were against him.

I would love for Giyu to spend more time with Tanjiro and if he could teach Tanjiro to excel past the 10 forms would be a great dynamic.

The next episode is going to be great. The Hashiras look cool and I want to learn more about them. There aren't too many episodes left so I hope they leave it on a high note.
Hi, I’m Steph.

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:05 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:
91shawny wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:
Very good point!

I agree with this wholeheartedly, perfect example was like this:
https://www.funko.com/blog/article/comi ... -end-pop-s

I had no idea what seraph of the end was until I looked it up and it was from the same creators of attack on titan as the storyline was different except with vampires. Not sure if many would enjoy but I personally did and as a rule of thumb, I got the exclusives first and then I got the commons

With anime pops, it's almost a rule of thumb not to ignore the commons. The "i'll get it later" approach will come back to bite your wallet lol. That's what happened to me with Tenya from MHA and Spike from Cowboy Bebop.

Oh I don't wait on the commons, I just grab the exclusives first at full price and then grab the commons a month later or the next hot cash period, trust on that by the month after the commons drop they are acquired
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 1530 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImage

clashcityrocker33
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month

Postby clashcityrocker33 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:39 pm

I'm sure I'm thinking way too far ahead, but they could do some amazing "Movie Moments" with Tanjiro's Breath of Water and Zenitsu's Breath of Thunder styles.
Image Image

I say Beau...You say Bean #10386

"That's the difference between you and me: I don't go back to the carpet store."

Pogiboy67

Postby Pogiboy67 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:24 pm

wish they got more into his training on how he learned the water breath... he just starts using it and new techniques...
:freddy2: POGIBOY67

ImageImageImage

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:10 pm

clashcityrocker33 wrote:I'm sure I'm thinking way too far ahead, but they could do some amazing "Movie Moments" with Tanjiro's Breath of Water and Zenitsu's Breath of Thunder styles.

I was just thinking this!!!! I would especially love to see Zenitsu's Breath of Thunder style first form stance with lightning forming around him.

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:43 pm

So, I just saw the first few episodes and this anime is fire. I want pops made for this. I can see the hype now.
IG: chasingvynl
Hello my name is Ken!
Pop Count: Too much
Main Line: GOT, WD, Disney, Simpsons, DBZ/DBS, Anime, Naruto
SDCC 17, SDCC 18, SDCC 19, ECCC 18, CRX 19, SDCC 22
ISO: Anime protos

Image Image

clashcityrocker33

Postby clashcityrocker33 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:14 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:
clashcityrocker33 wrote:I'm sure I'm thinking way too far ahead, but they could do some amazing "Movie Moments" with Tanjiro's Breath of Water and Zenitsu's Breath of Thunder styles.

I was just thinking this!!!! I would especially love to see Zenitsu's Breath of Thunder style first form stance with lightning forming around him.

I'll take it all...

I'm sure it would be POP form if anything, but I think they would look much better in the 5 Star line, but that's just me.
Image Image

"That's the difference between you and me: I don't go back to the carpet store."

oobcollector

Postby oobcollector » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:30 pm

It's an amazing show! I'm only in Episode 8 but so far I'm loving it! I can't wait to get the pops if ever they get released.... and Funko should make them! The character designs are amazing... well except for the villain that looks like Michael Jackson... buy hey it's still a good character design. :)

FireFist

Postby FireFist » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:20 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:

That would be a neat idea,if they make this happen,these would be my first movie moments,unless the hunter hunter movie moment comes out first!
    Image Image
Iso:One Piece and Yugioh Protos
Instagram:@stardust.singh

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:31 am

clashcityrocker33 wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:

I'll take it all...

I'm sure it would be POP form if anything, but I think they would look much better in the 5 Star line, but that's just me.

I want them in Pop version but I can’t disagree with you on this one. They’d match the 5 star line style well.
Hi, I’m Steph.

BigEvilDad

Postby BigEvilDad » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:48 am

I would love some demon slayer pops.... boarhead, is my man in this one. The whole thing is great, that episode with the flame effects was amazing.
~Big Evil Dad

SDCC: 1996-2023
Fundays: 2016 - 2022

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:38 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:I posted in the anime thread but maybe you guys will appreciate it more.

After episode 21
I REALLY REALLY want a
Small derp running Nezuko lol AND that crew at the end of the episode look BADASS

my question for you is if they make that pop. Should it have a bobblehead? I think her character alone already has some great pop variants.

Well,
I think a bobble would fit the action. I know Marvel and Star Wars are the only current licenses with bobbles but I like the idea of Nezuko being able to.

For a pop ride maybe they can give Nezuko a box. lol
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:33 am

oobcollector wrote:It's an amazing show! I'm only in Episode 8 but so far I'm loving it! I can't wait to get the pops if ever they get released.... and Funko should make them! The character designs are amazing... well except for the villain that looks like Michael Jackson... buy hey it's still a good character design. :)

Trust me, as you further in, you'll see how great and how much of a "smooth criminal" he is (yes and no pun intended)
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 1530 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImage

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:37 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:I posted in the anime thread but maybe you guys will appreciate it more.

After episode 21
I REALLY REALLY want a
Small derp running Nezuko lol AND that crew at the end of the episode look BADASS

my question for you is if they make that pop. Should it have a bobblehead? I think her character alone already has some great pop variants.

Well,
I think a bobble would fit the action. I know Marvel and Star Wars are the only current licenses with bobbles but I like the idea of Nezuko being able to.

yeah I think they should make an exception on cute factor alone for Nezuko.

Better yet how about a lounge fly fabrications team up. Get your Nezuko box back pack with Nezuko plush? Right!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:41 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:I was told that this show is a must see. After i plow through shield hero im going to pull it up

Shield hero was really good. I can’t wait for more of that series. You’ll definitely like this one too

its bee. A good summer for anime. Shield hero, demon slayer, dr stone. Now we just need some pops for these.

Honestly really liking demon slayer. Havent even had to convince the wife to watch them. She keeps checking to see if the new episode is out yet. It's great.

A friend of mines told me that the anime style is really similar to ghibli on demon slayer so it intrigued me. I also hears about dr.stone as well. Lol so much damn anime for me to catch up on. What a time to be a anime fan. Im going for demon slayer right after shield hero. Shield hero is def a interesting show.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:46 am

I am all caught up on the available episodes and wow wow. I cannot wait for this weekly stuff time to hit up the Manga.

The Katara/Zuko pops give me hope that they can do Tanjiro using his sword capturing the "motion" of Water form.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:43 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

After episode 21
I REALLY REALLY want a

Well,

I really want a bobble, that would be adorable.
Hi, I’m Steph.

clashcityrocker33

Postby clashcityrocker33 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:02 pm

I can't get enough of this show. Everything from the opening to the artwork...amazing.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-featu ... ncelled_us

Great article from the producer.
Image Image

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:16 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:Nice! Glad this thread exists. Majority of my posts in the anime thread have been about Demon Slayer lately.
Anyone in here read the manga? No spoilers please! Just wondering :)

I'm still needing to continue with episode 3. So many things to catch up on @___@
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:11 am

dork_knight wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:Nice! Glad this thread exists. Majority of my posts in the anime thread have been about Demon Slayer lately.
Anyone in here read the manga? No spoilers please! Just wondering :)

I'm still needing to continue with episode 3. So many things to catch up on @___@

I was telling one of my clients earlier, my que for content is so long, whatever gets pushed to the bottom gets forgotten lol
Don't let this be one of those thoooo ;-) lol
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:22 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Shield hero was really good. I can’t wait for more of that series. You’ll definitely like this one too

its bee. A good summer for anime. Shield hero, demon slayer, dr stone. Now we just need some pops for these.

Honestly really liking demon slayer. Havent even had to convince the wife to watch them. She keeps checking to see if the new episode is out yet. It's great.

A friend of mines told me that the anime style is really similar to ghibli on demon slayer so it intrigued me. I also hears about dr.stone as well. Lol so much damn anime for me to catch up on. What a time to be a anime fan. Im going for demon slayer right after shield hero. Shield hero is def a interesting show.

we recently finished shield hero and since have been watching Demon slayer. Both have been great stories. Now my wife is swept up in the dr. Stone hype. Cant remember a time that we have had so many great animes back to back.

I must agree being into anime has never been so good.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:13 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

we recently finished shield hero and since have been watching Demon slayer. Both have been great stories. Now my wife is swept up in the dr. Stone hype. Cant remember a time that we have had so many great animes back to back.

I think we are dawning on a new age of anime. If you think about it. A lot of these newer anime studios and writers have very good source material to draw from with all of the god tier anime that has come before it. Im excited that we have so many shows that are becoming a forefront of the anime culture. It really does excite me tbh.
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:26 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I think we are dawning on a new age of anime. If you think about it. A lot of these newer anime studios and writers have very good source material to draw from with all of the god tier anime that has come before it. Im excited that we have so many shows that are becoming a forefront of the anime culture. It really does excite me tbh.

It truly is an exciting time. The last couple of quarters have been a little dead for me, but I am still actively watching 3 shows. They were a perfect time to catch up on classics :)
Hi, I'm Dillon!

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:08 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

It’s very exciting. So much good anime, it’s keep up.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:36 am

TheStephil wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

agree with both of you.

I just hope they keep building on the legacy and dont just recycle it. It's great seeing new concepts on the genres that we have become used to. Pushing both the animation and the story. I have to say I've watched a lot of anime but some of these recent ones have been refreshing.

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:37 am

oh Nezeko plush inside a lounge fly wooden box backpack. This should be a thing because my wife would love it.

Pogiboy67

Postby Pogiboy67 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:12 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
oh Nezeko plush inside a lounge fly wooden box backpack. This should be a thing because my wife would love it.

this would be the one...

ImageImageImage

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:21 am

Pogiboy67 wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

this would be the one...

i just feel like its something we need in our lives

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:56 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

agree with both of you.

I just hope they keep building on the legacy and dont just recycle it. It's great seeing new concepts on the genres that we have become used to. Pushing both the animation and the story. I have to say I've watched a lot of anime but some of these recent ones have been refreshing.

Exactly because there was a point where like a lot of the big hitter animes were following the format of a tournament of power arc. It definitely is refreshing to see something a little more unique but still has the creative spirit of the legacy that comes before it. Theres so many on my list to watch and its been a while since i had this many anime shows to catch.
PopPChulo

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:33 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:

Please!!!! You know me so well. I'd die to have something like this.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:55 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

agree with both of you.

Exactly because there was a point where like a lot of the big hitter animes were following the format of a tournament of power arc. It definitely is refreshing to see something a little more unique but still has the creative spirit of the legacy that comes before it. Theres so many on my list to watch and its been a while since i had this many anime shows to catch.

yeah it's a good thing but its daunting having the backlog. It's hard to decide what to watch next. Hell some of them that I just finished I want to watch again.

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:56 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

Please!!!! You know me so well. I'd die to have something like this.

well you dont get one when they make it.
You just have to log after it for all eternity. Sorry love

Pogiboy67

Postby Pogiboy67 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:49 am

that last episode with all the harisha. I NEED ALL THEM AS POPS immediately. show doesn't cease to amaze me

ImageImageImage

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:04 am

Pogiboy67 wrote:that last episode with all the harisha. I NEED ALL THEM AS POPS immediately. show doesn't cease to amaze me

Don't they have great design?! The color combos are unique and all of the characters really stand out.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

Return to “Pop!”