Haunted Mansion 50th anniversary

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
DrunkoPop

Re: Haunted Mansion 50th anniversary

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:32 pm

I like the Shirt. Wish they made a GITD t-shirt
Image Image
ImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:32 am

Minyinz610 wrote:I saw the 10in Ezra and chrome 3 pack in store this evening. They both look amazing.

I'll be waiting for them to come to Canada at some point. lol
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:16 am

I struck out today, but getting help from a funatic. Box might not be mint, but better than nothing.
Collecting since 2014

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:11 am

nascar246788 wrote:Slowly putting this set together. Hopefully, Ic an get the 10" ezra and the chrome three pack. I would be so happy to get those two. They are definitely top of my list of wants for this set for sure.

Same here! I’m half hoping that the 10inch Ezra will be glow in the dark! Whoohoo

Now to look for the 3pack!
ImageImageImageImage

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:15 pm

Nerdfulthingz wrote:
Karebear101083 wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:
Wanna hear about it too! i bet it was awesome!

it was not worth the $300 ticket they dropped the ball hard.

Awe that is sad to hear!! Feel fortunate to not have spent the money but makes me a little nervous for any other events they host in the future! Sorry it wasn't so great!!
boat.

A different perspective ... We enjoyed the event, even at the price. There were so few people, it made everything easy to navigate. We didn't use all our food tix because they gave us too much in the way of food. And the themed Monte Cristos were fantastic. So were the themed sundaes. The one thing that would have made the experience better would have been themed cups and plates, but that was the only ambiance enhancer that would have been better. The Riverboat ride included entertainment which was outstanding. 5 or 6 ghostly, ghastly characters sang at the front of the boat. They were outstanding. We were able to get on all the rides and didn't have to stand in any lines whether it was the Pirates of the Caribbean or Haunted Mansion, etc. The program opened with a wild extravaganza on Tom Sawyer's Island which everyone watched from the mainland. It was quite a show with dozens of performers including a special appearance from Madame Leota. It was great. In addition, there were other spots where singers performed and Disney did a great job hosting the event.
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

Vertigo813

Postby Vertigo813 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:59 am

sdcccrasher wrote:
Nerdfulthingz wrote:
Karebear101083 wrote:it was not worth the $300 ticket they dropped the ball hard.

Awe that is sad to hear!! Feel fortunate to not have spent the money but makes me a little nervous for any other events they host in the future! Sorry it wasn't so great!!
boat.

A different perspective ... We enjoyed the event, even at the price. There were so few people, it made everything easy to navigate. We didn't use all our food tix because they gave us too much in the way of food. And the themed Monte Cristos were fantastic. So were the themed sundaes. The one thing that would have made the experience better would have been themed cups and plates, but that was the only ambiance enhancer that would have been better. The Riverboat ride included entertainment which was outstanding. 5 or 6 ghostly, ghastly characters sang at the front of the boat. They were outstanding. We were able to get on all the rides and didn't have to stand in any lines whether it was the Pirates of the Caribbean or Haunted Mansion, etc. The program opened with a wild extravaganza on Tom Sawyer's Island which everyone watched from the mainland. It was quite a show with dozens of performers including a special appearance from Madame Leota. It was great. In addition, there were other spots where singers performed and Disney did a great job hosting the event.

I really enjoyed the event as well, it was a very unique experience. Yes it was expensive but I felt I got my money’s worth.
Image Image

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Postby jedik6 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:28 am

kelvinwong wrote:
jedik6 wrote:
Karebear101083 wrote:it was not worth the $300 ticket they dropped the ball hard.

That's what I was worried about. I love all things HM and while I wanted to go, I ultimately decided not to.

There was a much cheaper (but still pricey) after hours event for superheroes at DCA that I lost $ on. I had bought a ticket and because of work couldn't go. My brother went though and said that it was a waste of $. Additionally, I have a FL buddy who went to the Villains after hours at WDW and said it was "meh".

Not only was the price bad, but upon research, the description of the event was a huge turn off - a few rides from 1am - 4am???

And the whole "any leftover merch would be sold at the parks" was another deterrant. I didn't want to pay $300 for the chance to participate in the RSP only for Disney to turn around and sell the merch park wide the next day - which they did with most of the items.

I mean I get the allure to go. Sure. I mean if they'd kept some of the merch to just event only then I'd somewhat understand the price. But they couldn't resist the chance to make us all spend could they?

Was the experience bad though?

I chose not to go to this one because of hours (I couldn’t go to it then try to go to work that morning) and the price was rather high.

The $100 plus superhero after hours event sucked tho.

If people enjoyed going then that’s good they did. I did hear some grumbling from some folks who didn’t enjoy it when I stood in lines at Disneyland Friday. They were upset that the popcorn buckets weren’t given to them only and that they were being sold to everyone instead.
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023
ISO Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel MCU
Wednesday Addams Netflix Proto

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:52 am

Minyinz610 wrote:I saw the 10in Ezra and chrome 3 pack in store this evening. They both look amazing.

Yeah I agree with you that these two are amazing. The chrome 3 pack has to be one of the best chrome pop sets made in awhile in my opinion.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:33 am

I got the BL exclusive Groundskeeper! He looks so good! I totally missed the mins so I am waiting for a restock.
Are they totally exclusive to Target & Box Lunch?

GusGus

Postby GusGus » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:58 am

dexiesmom wrote:I got the BL exclusive Groundskeeper! He looks so good! I totally missed the mins so I am waiting for a restock.
Are they totally exclusive to Target & Box Lunch?

There’s one set exclusive to Target and one set exclusive to BoxLunch and Hot Topic (it’s shared with both stores).

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:03 am

I’m so bummed that I missed the target pops. I’ve been wanting to get some of these in my collection for years but I can’t afford any of the expensive ones. I thought this was my chance and I missed it. I know how the pop world goes but this is the first time in a while I was disappointed about not getting something.
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:14 am

Funko_boy13 wrote:

Yeah I agree with you that these two are amazing. The chrome 3 pack has to be one of the best chrome pop sets made in awhile in my opinion.

I totally agree with you and would eventually like a chrome glow set.
Hi!!! My name is Noah. Pop collector since 2016.
ImageImageImage

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:03 pm

Minyinz610 wrote:
Funko_boy13 wrote:

A chrome glow set would be absolutely insane.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:27 pm

Funko_boy13 wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:
Funko_boy13 wrote:

They definitely need to make a chrome glow set of the hitchiking ghosts. That would be so awesome and amazing. It would go great with the glow in dark minis and chrome 3 pack right now.
Collecting since 2014

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:00 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
Funko_boy13 wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:

They definitely need to make a chrome glow set of the hitchiking ghosts. That would be so awesome and amazing. It would go great with the glow in dark minis and chrome 3 pack right now.

I would love to see a green glow, if they ever make a chrome glow set of the Hitchhiking Ghosts.
Hi!!! My name is Noah. Pop collector since 2016.
ImageImageImage

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:05 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:I like the Shirt. Wish they made a GITD t-shirt

That's what I was thinking, but I do not believe there exist a GITD Funko shirt?
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Bdubzbots

Postby Bdubzbots » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:17 pm

Im gunna have to hunt down the 10" ezra and 3 chrome pack, gabbled on a Popcultcha release and lost!

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:58 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:I like the Shirt. Wish they made a GITD t-shirt

That's what I was thinking, but I do not believe there exist a GITD Funko shirt?

I don’t either
Image Image
ImageImage

Mantheharp00n

Postby Mantheharp00n » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:04 pm

Bdubzbots wrote:Im gunna have to hunt down the 10" ezra and 3 chrome pack, gabbled on a Popcultcha release and lost!

Wait so no popcultcha?

My name is G.

ISO: my first proto.

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:22 pm

Who had luck getting the target ones?
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

Mantheharp00n

Postby Mantheharp00n » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:30 pm

Swatrob wrote:Who had luck getting the target ones?

Not I, I managed to get the 3 pack for 45 shipped not to bad.

My name is G.

ISO: my first proto.

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:42 pm

Can't wait for Hot Topic. I am in love with all my Target stuff
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

TheLastAnimator

Postby TheLastAnimator » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:04 am

I love what they’ve released so far!!
If I were to release another wave I’d suggest this!

Each of the Singing Busts!
And
Each of Ezra, Gus and Phineas in a transparent Green!
:freddy3:

Nerdfulthingz

Postby Nerdfulthingz » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:26 pm

Vertigo813 wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:
Nerdfulthingz wrote:
boat.

I really enjoyed the event as well, it was a very unique experience. Yes it was expensive but I felt I got my money’s worth.

Nice! Good to hear on both accounts! Sounds like a fun event and experience which is the primary reason to go to something like that!! I'm glad they did some fun and memorable things, hopefully I'll be able to make it out to something like that someday!!
I just like smiling...smilings my favorite

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:35 pm

Guess I got lucky. Got delayed at my daughters school and didn’t get to my local Target until a little after 8:30 and was shocked to find everything was still there. Normally this store is picked clean. Very happy to get the 3 pack. I had been wanting those 3 ghosts for a long time and the earlier releases are really expensive on the secondary market.
Last edited by Mawhonic7 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi! I’m Eric

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:59 pm

Mawhonic7 wrote:

Guess I got lucky. Got delayed at my daughters school snd didn’t get to my local Target until a little after 8:30 and was shocked to find everything was still there. Normally this store is picked clean. Very happy to get the 3 pack. I had been wanting those 3 ghosts for a long time and the earlier releases are really expensive on the secondary market.

I’m in the same boat on wanting them for a long times. Still waiting and hoping for some one of these days

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:59 pm

not much luck here. called some nearby stores on fri afternoon and everything was picked clean except one store had the opera singer :(
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:28 am

I just heard that the Target Pre-Orders for the Chrome 3 packs were being cancelled. Has anyone experienced this?
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

MiniPop

Postby MiniPop » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:33 am

I didn't order online, but Target cancelling orders now is horrible. Most stores sold out of the 3 pack on the first day :(
Hi, I'm Angelica
*Fan of all things Freddy Funko* :freddy1:

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:58 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:I just heard that the Target Pre-Orders for the Chrome 3 packs were being cancelled. Has anyone experienced this?

Yup, I woke up to the dreaded cancellation email from target this morning. My 3 pack has been in fact cancelled. I ordered in the target app the second it went live too.

Funkastian

Postby Funkastian » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:30 am

Boymom4 wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:I just heard that the Target Pre-Orders for the Chrome 3 packs were being cancelled. Has anyone experienced this?

Yup, I woke up to the dreaded cancellation email from target this morning. My 3 pack has been in fact cancelled. I ordered in the target app the second it went live too.

Yep, me too, cant believe this, I thought Target was my one sure bet, I even passed up on picking one up in Store since I had the preorder, guess they taught me a lesson!
:freddy3:
750 Pops
50 Dorbz
12 Tiny Ghosts

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:46 am

I didn't really realize how all-out Funko went with this! It's awesome. Shirts (not even all of them are Pop! related), blankets, even a notebook! It's so cool.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:30 am

Woke up to mine cancelled. I will be picking it up in store tonight. Mine still had 8 of them a couple days ago
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

mach1monorail

Postby mach1monorail » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:08 pm

Does anyone know what the deal is with the common Leota? I don't think I've seen them in any stores or online? I just need her and the Merry Minstrel to finish the set.
Major Pop! Collection Goals: Full sets of Disney Park Exclusive line (incl. convention exclusives and errors), Gravity Falls line, E.T. line, Avatar The Last Airbender line, full Directors/Producers line, two-toned Mickey Mouse line from the NYC 90th exhibit
:freddy2:

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:14 pm

Bummed my target order got cancelled...hoping to catch some stock in store
Funatic of all things Funko!!

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:51 am

2017fanatic wrote:Bummed my target order got cancelled...hoping to catch some stock in store

I preordered ...but still went to the store for the minis. I decided to snag an extra chrome 3 pack to see if any of my friends wanted one...I'm so glad i did. My order got canceled within a couple days of the target drop. While I'm sad I couldn't help out any friends, I am so relieved I decided to get that extra set in the store.
Last edited by A-Okay on Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:52 am

2017fanatic wrote:Bummed my target order got cancelled...hoping to catch some stock in store

Awww man! I hope you can find what you are looking for. I'm not very impressed with Target with the HM drop.. That shouldn't have happened. After all, this isn't their first rodeo.
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

angrynate

Postby angrynate » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:31 am

YeetGrimes wrote:I didn't really realize how all-out Funko went with this! It's awesome. Shirts (not even all of them are Pop! related), blankets, even a notebook! It's so cool.

I am an absolute sucker for all the other merch. Blankets? who doesn't need more blankets, notebook?? why not... I have a box of unused ones but do I have a Haunted Mansion one?? Nope, not yet, but i will soon.
That's my secret Cap... I'm always angry

ImageImageImageImage

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:57 am

Got my 10" Ezra today. He's so cool :)

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:29 am

angrynate wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:I didn't really realize how all-out Funko went with this! It's awesome. Shirts (not even all of them are Pop! related), blankets, even a notebook! It's so cool.

I am an absolute sucker for all the other merch. Blankets? who doesn't need more blankets, notebook?? why not... I have a box of unused ones but do I have a Haunted Mansion one?? Nope, not yet, but i will soon.

I'd be too afraid to use the notebook lol It's too good-looking.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

Return to “Pop!”